• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Thanks!

I've circled it in red.

I don't know why that triangle would have moved from the right side to the near middle where Captaindorf's portrait is, but it is something interesting to note.
Oh, snap, guys. Do you realize what we've stumbled upon?

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
Considering he already admitted to tampering with the photos in order to mess with everyone, he's already lost credibility, as far as I'm concerned. It's like someone saying, "I lied then, but I'm telling the truth now." How do we know?
Not gonna lie, there's a lot of truth to this statement. It'll ultimately be on his head if it gets to the point where we disregard his opinion, regardless of validity, simply because of past antics.

Boy who cried wolf and whatnot.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
Thanks!

I've circled it in red.

I don't know why that triangle would have moved from the right side to the near middle where Captaindorf's portrait is, but it is something interesting to note.
Oh woah, definitely wasn't looking for it over there, LOL. Hmm... that does look like the same triangle, pretty much. That's pretty odd.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Off tangent, but I just noticed an interesting little optical illusion goin' on in the CSS

Is it just me, or does it look like there's a black triangle in he top-center of the CSS, with the points being on the top left of Ganondorf's head, Toon Link's hair, and the top of Kirby's character icon?
You are not mistaken! That triangle is also seen in this image!
Now, this is interesting... Why is that shadow present? If it weren't on the CSS picture, Ganondorf wouldn't be nearly as dark, which would honestly make the CSS leak look a little better. But the triangle's presence is just really weird, plus its differing locations in the two shots. Does anyone have a good explanation? And @ Joalro Joalro , should this maybe be mentioned in your front-page post if/when some actual arguments are made?

Last edited:

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
If we are to believe that the last set of images were tampered, that could have been put there to throw us off.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Not all. You missed mine.
He already claims to have spent 50 hours working to deceive people. Clearly he thinks about how to make things controversial. Why not spend half an hour, or 10 minutes, messing around with it and change the position of the door, etc.

Considering he already admitted to tampering with the photos in order to mess with everyone, he's already lost credibility, as far as I'm concerned. It's like someone saying, "I lied then, but I'm telling the truth now." How do we know?

We probably need to wait for him to finish photoshopping his next "leaked" image first before he shows anymore. :troll:

That's an assumption. I don't have a problem with the roster. I do have Krystal in my signature and that's just because she's the only new character that they could add that would actually get me more excited for the game, but I always knew that there's a pretty good chance she would not be added. I just don't believe the leak is legitimate because there are too many errors. Of course, when those errors are pointed out, MasterLinkX just says, "Oh, that was intentional." If it was fake and he made some mistakes what else would he say? "Oh, you caught me. Yep, it's fake." Not after putting so much effort into faking it. Just playing devil's advocate here. He has enough supporters.

Also, has anyone questioned why the dog's name is "Duck Hunt?" That doesn't really make since.
I apologize if I missed or looked over your argument, there is a a lot to go over.

Do you have something for me to add other than "why should we trust______?"

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Now, this is interesting... Why is that shadow present? If it weren't on the CSS picture, Ganondorf wouldn't be nearly as dark, which would honestly make the CSS leak look a little better. But the triangle's presence is just really weird, plus it's differing locations in the two shots. Does anyone have a good explanation? And @ Joalro Joalro , should this maybe be mentioned in your front-page post if/when some actual arguments are made?
Triangle+Ganondorf=THE TRIFORCE. :laugh:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Can't be unbelievable someone tried to kill a leak.
Awhile back Yoshi-Thomas tried to kill the Ninka leak by claiming to be one of the 4Chan leakers and saying he was joking. He later admitted that he lied.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
I apologize if I missed or looked over your argument, there is a a lot to go over.

Do you have something for me to add other than "why should we trust______?"
For what it's worth, I did a little counterargument a bit back over the Wario's pupil argument. Just more fuel for the fire I suppose.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Now, this is interesting... Why is that shadow present? If it weren't on the CSS picture, Ganondorf wouldn't be nearly as dark, which would honestly make the CSS leak look a little better. But the triangle's presence is just really weird, plus it's differing locations in the two shots. Does anyone have a good explanation? And @ Joalro Joalro , should this maybe be mentioned in your front-page post if/when some actual arguments are made?
A play button perhaps? We know that this is from a video and that means that to take good shots he would have to pause it, right?

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
Here's a crappy comparison image I tried to make
View attachment 22689
Definitely looks to be pretty much the same.
That's not actually the triangle I was initially referring to, but if you see something that I don't, go for it.

EDIT: to clarify, it kinda is, but I was seeing a bigger triangle.

Last edited:

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
That's not actually the triangle I was initially referring to, but if you see something that I don't, go for it.
The lines I made for the "triangle" are where I personally see the darkest black outlines, I can see it most clearly if I move my head/body down a bit and look up at the monitor. I could be totally wrong of course :laugh:

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra

That would actually explain why his picture looks so dark, which has been a common complaint.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
For people asking exactly how prominent Bowser Jr. is, here is a full list of games he's appeared in according to mariowiki.com

Main Series (meaning non-party/sports games)

Super Mario Sunshine
New Super Mario Bros
Super Mario Galaxy
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2
New Super Mario Bros U
New Super Luigi U
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Spin-offs

Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Mario Golf: World Tour
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Kart Arcade GP DX
Mario Power Tennis
Mario Tennis Open
All Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games titles
Mario Party DS, 9, Island Tour, and soon to be 10
Fortune Street
Mario Sports Mix
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Hoops 3-on-3
Both Mario Baseball titles

Just to give a basis to debate over
This only goes to prove that it makes sense for Bowser Jr. to be in the Koopa Clown Car instead of having a paintbrush. He had it in only one main game (not counting sports/party spin-off games). He's been riding the Koopa Clown Car in NSMBWii, NSMBU, NSLU, Dream Team, and Sticker Star... and his alts, the Koopalings, were in the Koopa Clown Car in NSMB2.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Triangle+Ganondorf=THE TRIFORCE. :laugh:
OF COURSE! I should've known. :grin:

Just because I like to read my own typing, I'm gonna reiterate my position on all this. Honestly, my gut reaction is that it's false. I agree that most if not all issues I have with the leak can be (conveniently) explained away, but there are just so many different things that are so fishy. And this whole business of one leaker trying to make the leak look bad to protect someone, but now is trying to backtrack it all? It just doesn't sit right. I'm not saying I actively think it's fake, but I am saying that this is all really elaborate and melodramatic any way it goes.

Also, I don't think there's some massive conspiracy involving any of the mods, but I will say that the secrecy and cryptic responses are extremely conspicuous. I really can't imagine why there'd be this sense of secrecy if they didn't know anything, and I don't see the point of not sharing if they do know something. I mean, if you have information but can't spill the details because it would endanger someone, why not be honest and just say as much? Whether it's fair or not, the very fact that it seems there are mods keeping secrets hurts the site's and all of the mods' credibility, at least in my eyes. I try to take each mod at their word, but I can't help but have doubts when there's this cloud.

(and I will happily retract all statements/suspicions about the mods if/when someone points out that I missed something amidst the chaos; I'm really not interested in making waves or accusations)

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
This only goes to prove that it makes sense for Bowser Jr. to be in the Koopa Clown Car instead of having a paintbrush. He had it in only one main game (not counting sports/party spin-off games). He's been riding the Koopa Clown Car in NSMBWii, NSMBU, NSLU, Dream Team, and Sticker Star... and his alts, the Koopalings, were in the Koopa Clown Car in NSMB2.
It'd be cool to have him in a Clown Car. He would be Smash's first mounted character!

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
I was wondering how long it would take people to realize that.
Only one person will be using each 3DS. They could easily make the character select screen more than one page or make it scroll left and right with the L and R buttons. They are not forced to put every character icon within the 480x240 screen.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman

Yeah, I think I'm just stopping short on the point furthest to the right. You said you saw the point near TL's hair, right? I think that would make it a right-ish looking triangle, with the right angle to the left. My eyes think that the "darkness" I outlined is just a more solid darkness than the one that extends more towards TL, and I think it fits the other triangle better, but I may also be being influenced by the other triangle, and my eyes are trying to make me see the lines where they'd fit better with it. Sight is so untrustworthy :(

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Not gonna lie, there's a lot of truth to this statement. It'll ultimately be on his head if it gets to the point where we disregard his opinion, regardless of validity, simply because of past antics.

Boy who cried wolf and whatnot.
Misread as boy who cried wolf and got shot.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Ganondorf would like to say otherwise. :laugh:
Ganondorf repped an entirely new series as the sole representative?

Ganondorf came along with stages, music etc. that took extra work to implement?

I don't think so.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
If we are to believe that the last set of images were tampered, that could have been put there to throw us off.
That is likely bullcrap; just saying. We have no reason to really believe that and may be an excuse for some of the leaks mistakes.

That said there is still no decisive evidence

ThatGreenAlien

Smash Rookie
NNID
thatgreenalien
I'll be honest, more and more I'm becoming 'okay' with this leak. I totally sucks K. Rool isn't in, however I'm not TOO upset about Dark Pit. The fact that Sakurai knows what he's doing with Kid Icarus makes me think there's going to be lots of cool easter eggs between the characters, which I'm looking forward to.

Dr. Mario on the other hand… if he's seriously is still a straight up clone then what even is the point of making him his own character? Dark Pit is at least a different character, where as Dr. Mario is literally Mario wearing different clothes… Isn't that the point of alternate costumes?

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
I'll be honest, more and more I'm becoming 'okay' with this leak. I totally sucks K. Rool isn't in, however I'm not TOO upset about Dark Pit. The fact that Sakurai knows what he's doing with Kid Icarus makes me think there's going to be lots of cool easter eggs between the characters, which I'm looking forward to.

Dr. Mario on the other hand… if he's seriously is still a straight up clone then what even is the point of making him his own character? Dark Pit is at least a different character, where as Dr. Mario is literally Mario wearing different clothes…
Dr. Mario will probably be a Mario/Luigi hybrid with totally different move attributes like in Melee.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord

Dr. Mario on the other hand… if he's seriously is still a straight up clone then what even is the point of making him his own character? Dark Pit is at least a different character, where as Dr. Mario is literally Mario wearing different clothes…
It just still lacks villains in my eyes. Especially when we have some of the most requested characters being villains and heavyweights; it's so frustrating. That said, I will hopefully come to terms with it of this is legit.

ThatGreenAlien

Smash Rookie
NNID
thatgreenalien
It just still lacks villains in my eyes. Especially when we have some of the most requested characters being villains and heavyweights; it's so frustrating. That said, I will hopefully come to terms with it of this is legit.
Yeah, more villains would have been a plus. We DO have some though, so at least there's that.

By the way, I'm talking as if this leak is real, not that I believe it's real yet.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Well, out of the leaked 4 newcomers Dark Pit and Bowser Jr. can be considered villains. Not the big 3, but villains none the less.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
Well, out of the leaked 4 newcomers Dark Pit and Bowser Jr. can be considered villains. Not the big 3, but villains none the less.
I could consider Bowser Jr. a villain for sure, but Dark Pit... I don't think I'd really ever consider him a villain. He pretty much becomes the deuteragonist. If not a hero, then at least an anti-hero. And while I think that's a perfectly fitting label for him, I might push it to nominal hero at worst. Idk, guess that's just how I interpreted KI:U

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I counter that argument with this:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom