• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I was the first at that gamestop to get Pokemon X, and the only reason I wasn't the first to beat it was because of headaches, and the summer heat distracting me... I had to sit in a car for around an hour of gameplay...
but seriously, the characters I'm going to try to unlock ASAP are DHD, Pac, and Mii... if they aren't part of the starting roster.
I almost didn't get Pokemon Y on release date so there you go....Honeslty I NEVER wanna repeat 8th grade.

That has to be the worst grade I've ever been in. It caused me so much depression and stress I thought a teenager would ever experience.

I'm glad it's over and hope 9th grade is a little more fun.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
I'm just watching VGBootCamp pull off the black hole glitch atm.

I don't mind it being slow in here sometimes. No need to force discussion.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
Well, I'll use the laugh taunt every time Duck Hunt scores a point. Every. Single. Time.
Talk of points reminds me of the Bonus gamemode in Melee.

...I miss that gamemode. Here's to hoping it makes a comeback.

Leakers leak bonus mode pls

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
I almost didn't get Pokemon Y on release date so there you go....Honeslty I NEVER wanna repeat 8th grade.

That has to be the worst grade I've ever been in. It caused me so much depression and stress I thought a teenager would ever experience.

I'm glad it's over and hope 9th grade is a little more fun.
Honestly, kids in middle school are seriously the worst. High school does make them a bit better imo.

At this point I'm just staring at my 3DS, imagining playing the game.

Imagining myself boot it up... get into the CSS... and just see Dark Pit and Doctor Mario repeating over and over.

Fade to black as I scream. This is starting to get to me. Here's to hoping new... anything pops up this weekend. Preferably today :laugh:

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
I'd kinda like to point out, though, that we really shouldn't be getting THIS indepth, as, I was watching a rundown of one random weeks pics of the day, and I noticed a visual bug in there that would've made it look fake had it been leaked.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Taxes on the eShop are strange. I think they vary by state, maybe even county or something. In the zipcode I have linked to my account, I get taxed on the eShop - but my friend in Virginia and my friend in California don't :(
Yup, depends on the state. According to Nintendo, I live in Alaska rather than Ohio.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Honestly, kids in middle school are seriously the worst. High school does make them a bit better imo.

At this point I'm just staring at my 3DS, imagining playing the game.

Imagining myself boot it up... get into the CSS... and just see Dark Pit and Doctor Mario repeating over and over.

Fade to black as I scream. This is starting to get to me. Here's to hoping new... anything pops up this weekend. Preferably today :laugh:
I can't imagine playing Smash on my 3Ds I guess because I didn't get to play it at Smash Fest but oh well.

when it does come out I will cry.

Manly tears

:shades:

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
What are you talking about? Sakurai would NEVER show a clear bias in a series that he worked on over others that are clearly more deserving.

Oh...
I remember once seeing an album of all the series and their content, where can I find them?

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
I can't imagine playing Smash on my 3Ds I guess because I didn't get to play it at Smash Fest but oh well.

when it does come out I will cry.

Manly tears

:shades:
To my understanding you have to play it on an XL, because of the camera...
But the controls on the 3DS are a thousand times better than a Wii U pro controller... which is probably half of the reason why I'm more hyped for Smash 3DS, rather than Smash Wii U

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
Off tangent, but I just noticed an interesting little optical illusion goin' on in the CSS

Is it just me, or does it look like there's a black triangle in he top-center of the CSS, with the points being on the top left of Ganondorf's head, Toon Link's hair, and the top of Kirby's character icon?
You are not mistaken! That triangle is also seen in this image!

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
But the controls on the 3DS are a thousand times better than a Wii U pro controller... which is probably half of the reason why I'm more hyped for Smash 3DS, rather than Smash Wii U
Same here. I didn't switch to a XL because I thought Smash would look small on a regular screen (my brother is playing it on a regular 3DS) I switched to an XL because well.....my hands felt uncomfortable on such a small device so I switched to an XL.

All I can say is I really enjoy my 3DsXL :) it's like a child to me. I never wanna lose it. Or out of my sight

(Yes I'm that overprotective about my "child" xD)

I wouldn't mind playing it on a regular 3DS screen thought. Still the same game.

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
Same here. I didn't switch to a XL because I thought Smash would look small on a regular screen (my brother is playing it on a regular 3DS) I switched to an XL because well.....my hands felt uncomfortable on such a small device so I switched to an XL.

All I can say is I really enjoy my 3DsXL :) it's like a child to me. I never wanna lose it. Or out of my sight

(Yes I'm that overprotective about my "child" xD)

I wouldn't mind playing it on a regular 3DS screen thought. Still the same game.
I got an XL for smash... probably would've eventually anyways.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
Play what on an XL and why, exactly? ;o

And @ the controls, really? I think the controls of the pro controller and 3DS are pretty similar. They have the same A/B/X/Y diamond shaped layout at least, and that's what I find to be the biggest thing when it comes to the controls. They both have poor c-sticking options. 3DS' being nonexistent, pro controller's being above the buttons.

In an effort to stay on topic as well...

You are not mistaken! That triangle is also seen in this image!

Where is the triangle in this image, exactly?

EDIT: OOPS, uhm, just tagged the user "the"

:)

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
So that Metal Sonic video today showed me something important.....

It helps prove that it's not all that difficult to make a fake Sm4sh character select screen. As I think about it how do we know that all these pics aren't from a Brawl mod...one that's not public atleast purely made to troll the fanbase. Think about it for a second the only person that claims connection is that Masterlink guy, I mean I don't know the guy but I hear he's a heck of a Brawl modder. He claims he "made" the Shulk image over the real one to throw people off the sent of a real leak? How does that make any sense at all. Protecting jobs dosent make sense either if people were concerned over their jobs this wouldn't have happened in the first place. I'm just saying this could totally be a Brawl mod that this dude made to mess with people...would he do that? I don't know, but it's certainly possible in my eyes. This mother
leaker as he's known seems like a troll and could be in on it.

Think about it the Ninka leak didn't sit well with a lot of people, not cause of the characters in it but the cuts. Ice Climbers being cut wasn't popular with alot of people, what better way to ryle the fanbase up than to make a fake of a leak that cuts popular vets and dosnt include everyone's "most requested" featuring clones. The guy apparently knows more giving cryptic answers like "that's not the whole roster" keeping the Ridley, K.Rool, and Mewtwo fanbases on the end of a hook hoping their character still has a chance. Just seems trolley to me.

Plus the only gameplay pics are blurry and terrible not decent quality like the CSS. Even then they're of Shulk an easy character to mod where's Jr. or DHD? They don't have leaked gameplay pics cause they're difficult to make look convincing.

All I'm saying is there's more to think about than just blindly believing this leak. Just to say I have no problem with this leak im indifferent, despite being a K.Rool supporter I can see this leak being possible and DHD and Jr. are cool additions. Just trying to view this leak from a different point of view.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I got an XL for smash... probably would've eventually anyways.
Lawl. I would've totally gotten me a Smash Bros. 3DSXL but oh well as long as my 3DSXL is still kickin and I still love playing on it I'm fine.

But my L trigger sometimes doesn't respond but it's not something serious so I think I'll be fine.

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
Play what on an XL and why, exactly? ;o

And @ the controls, really? I think the controls of the pro controller and 3DS are pretty similar. They have the same A/B/X/Y diamond shaped layout at least, and that's what I find to be the biggest thing when it comes to the controls. They both have poor c-sticking options. 3DS' being nonexistent, pro controller's being above the buttons.

In an effort to stay on topic as well...

Where is the triangle in this image, exactly?

EDIT: OOPS, uhm, just tagged the user "the"

:)
The XL helps you actually see your characters, and the position of the buttons relative to the control stick feels awkward on a pro-controller, and using the second stick just kinda makes your thumb ache.
DERP: understanding it now: Smash Bros, you have to play it on a 3DS XL to see almost anything.
ALSO: There might be 3DS Pro Stick support...

Last edited:

Ryan50

Smash Cadet
Something about the CSS I haven't seen brought up. I've seen people say it's odd there aren't names on the portraits, or that it's odd the clones have their own section but thinking about those together makes it come together.

Those three particular clones look VERY similar to the original characters they were (most likely) meant to be alts for. Since they took away the name plates, they were probably separated to make sure the distinction between them and the original characters was clear.
Actually, it's not that surprising when you think about it. Your cramming all the characters onto one screen. Putting longer names like Palutena, Ganondorf, CFalcon, Charizard, etc. would be a pain to put on such a small portrait without making it look silly, or unreadable.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
And I'm documenting all the arguments.
Not all. You missed mine.
Look at how extremely similar the stage is to the actual game... yet there are very minor differences (no steps, door's more centered, clouds spaced a bit differently) that would be pointless to do for someone faking a tiny image like this.
He already claims to have spent 50 hours working to deceive people. Clearly he thinks about how to make things controversial. Why not spend half an hour, or 10 minutes, messing around with it and change the position of the door, etc.
I was more thinking a typo would have been made, but I suppose hitting a instead of e is a hard typo to make anyways. I'm sorry to raise this against you if it turns out you are telling the truth, but you're the one claiming they are for sure real.
Considering he already admitted to tampering with the photos in order to mess with everyone, he's already lost credibility, as far as I'm concerned. It's like someone saying, "I lied then, but I'm telling the truth now." How do we know?
THmm, you have said that you have further information regarding the leak that you're not sharing with us. It would be a waste to keep looking in your direction if it turned out you are not behind any of this, so would any of this information eliminate our 'confusion'? For example, if you watched a video, that video would have to be hosted by some site that is not gamefaqs. If you could go into your history and find the url for that video that would clear our doubts about what you say.
We probably need to wait for him to finish photoshopping his next "leaked" image first before he shows anymore. :troll:
A lot of the people that I've seen that say the leak is false are just mad their character isn't in, and/or don't like the roster.
That's an assumption. I don't have a problem with the roster. I do have Krystal in my signature and that's just because she's the only new character that they could add that would actually get me more excited for the game, but I always knew that there's a pretty good chance she would not be added. I just don't believe the leak is legitimate because there are too many errors. Of course, when those errors are pointed out, MasterLinkX just says, "Oh, that was intentional." If it was fake and he made some mistakes what else would he say? "Oh, you caught me. Yep, it's fake." Not after putting so much effort into faking it. Just playing devil's advocate here. He has enough supporters.

Also, has anyone questioned why the dog's name is "Duck Hunt?" That doesn't really make sense.

Last edited:

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Actually, it's not that surprising when you think about it. Your cramming all the characters onto one screen. Putting longer names like Palutena, Ganondorf, CFalcon, Charizard, etc. would be a pain to put on such a small portrait without making it look silly, or unreadable.
I was wondering how long it would take people to realize that.

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
I was the first at that gamestop to get Pokemon X, and the only reason I wasn't the first to beat it was because of headaches, and the summer heat distracting me... I had to sit in a car for around an hour of gameplay...
but seriously, the characters I'm going to try to unlock ASAP are DHD, Pac, and Mii... if they aren't part of the starting roster.
This time around it seems like every character may be part of the starting roster. P.S for what it's worth, Im a high schooler too. A senior though

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
Not only that, but the resolution is only 400x240, so they would have such little pixel breathing room to work, on top of the incredibly small screen.

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
Not all. You missed mine.
He already claims to have spent 50 hours working to deceive people. Clearly he thinks about how to make things controversial. Why not spend half an hour, or 10 minutes, messing around with it and change the position of the door, etc.

Considering he already admitted to tampering with the photos in order to mess with everyone, he's already lost credibility, as far as I'm concerned. It's like someone saying, "I lied then, but I'm telling the truth now." How do we know?

We probably need to wait for him to finish photoshopping his next "leaked" image first before he shows anymore. :troll:

That's an assumption. I don't have a problem with the roster. I do have Krystal in my signature and that's just because she's the only new character that they could add that would actually get me more excited for the game, but I always knew that there's a pretty good chance she would not be added. I just don't believe the leak is legitimate because there are too many errors. Of course, when those errors are pointed out, MasterLinkX just says, "Oh, that was intentional." If it was fake and he made some mistakes what else would he say? "Oh, you caught me. Yep, it's fake." Not after putting so much effort into faking it. Just playing devil's advocate here. He has enough supporters.

Also, has anyone questioned why the dog's name is "Duck Hunt?" That doesn't really make since.
It goes with the Ninka Leak, as the Dog, and Ducks work together, the Ducks ride on the dogs back, hence why it's called DUCK HUNT, rather than Duck Hunt Dog, or Mr. Peepers, or Peppers or whatever he's called.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Thanks!

I've circled it in red.

I don't know why that triangle would have moved from the right side to the near middle where Captaindorf's portrait is, but it is something interesting to note.
So that would mean snapping pictures is back from Brawl if this is true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom