• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
It's also worth pointing out, just so we aren't hypocritical to other leaks:

"Metal Sonic looks like Metal Sonic"
I was typing that comment up, took that screenshot, looked away from my computer for a sec then posted it, only to see I'm replying to a comment over 3 pages ago lol

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I love K.Rool, don't get me wrong, but Bowser Jr. is in ALL Mario games. All of them, even some RPGs where Bowser isn't present.

And no, Ridley hasn't been teased that much for no reason. In fact I'm willing to bet my copy of Xenoblade that he's playable
Not every game :p, he wasn't in some recent mario titles, like 3d world and land, nsmb2, and Mario Kart 8(I was pissed about his exclusion in this game, don't get me started on how terrible the mk8 roster is)

Also, if you lose that bet, can I have your copy of xenoblade :p

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
If Bowser Jr. gets in I'm going to take a bunch of screenshots of him with Bowser and Peach and make up a story where the lie told in Sunshine (that Peach is Jr's mommy) is true and they live together as a happy and occasionally dysfunctional family.

With DHD as a pet! But he occasionally runs away which is traumatic for Jr. but teaches him some important lessons about life.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
What if the leak is fake, but we still get a Monolith Soft character?
But what if that Monolith Soft character isn't Shulk...? Maybe it's someone who got in by... playing his cards right?
kalas.jpg

I would probably be pretty down for Kalas, actually, but Shulk is definitely more likely. :laugh:

By the by, I see the triangle that was being talked about as well, though... not sure if it means anything. It is still strange to me that Ganondorf's (and to an extent, G&W/Wario's) icons look so much darker/muddier than the other ones directly surrounding them, but that's not exactly solid.

As for the CSS moving around, wouldn't a new Zelda character and a new DK character push both Samus and ZSS to the next row, then allow Ridley to be there in that row? Chorus Men would of course pretty much fit in no matter what as a single-rep series.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
If Bowser Jr. gets in I'm going to take a bunch of screenshots of him with Bowser and Peach and make up a story where the lie told in Sunshine (that Peach is Jr's mommy) is true and they live together as a happy and occasionally dysfunctional family.

With DHD as a pet! But he occasionally runs away which is traumatic for Jr. but teaches him some important lessons about life.
post it on smashboard i wanna see this

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
To remain humble, didnt he not add kirby necomers in melee? You'd think he'd have the same mentality here.
Guess he didn't want to for some odd reasons. I mean he probably has a reason for not adding them in but who knows.
Ignore him man, he's being a brat. Your opinion may not be in the majority, but it is YOU opinion. Don't sweat it.
Thx. Gawd I cannot take you seriously with that pic but whatever.

EDIT: JK I can, but that pic makes me luagh everytime I see it.

Last edited:

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
What if the leak is fake, but we still get a Monolith Soft character?
But what if that Monolith Soft character isn't Shulk...? Maybe it's someone who got in by... playing his cards right?
View attachment 22671
I would probably be pretty down for Kalas, actually, but Shulk is definitely more likely. :laugh:

By the by, I see the triangle that was being talked about as well, though... not sure if it means anything. It is still strange to me that Ganondorf's (and to an extent, G&W/Wario's) icons look so much darker/muddier than the other ones directly surrounding them, but that's not exactly solid.

As for the CSS moving around, wouldn't a new Zelda character and a new DK character push both Samus and ZSS to the next row, then allow Ridley to be there in that row? Chorus Men would of course pretty much fit in no matter what as a single-rep series.
I think the only thing that hurts his chances is the color of his hair.

LifesJest

Smash Rookie

Here you go, at 0:49. No Dark pit :/
I saw that as I was searching through, but I believe that GameXplain was pulling the costumes from a different build? I've seen Pit's Blue alternate costume being used, though it wasn't shown in the video you linked. I can think of a few other alt. costumes not shown but that I've seen been used sometime during an E3 stream.

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
Not every game :p, he wasn't in some recent mario titles, like 3d world and land, nsmb2, and Mario Kart 8(I was pissed about his exclusion in this game, don't get me started on how terrible the mk8 roster is)

Also, if you lose that bet, can I have your copy of xenoblade :p
Still, even after Sunshine, recently he hasn't shown up.
Dang, you guys are right! I thought for sure he was in 3D world at least because he was in Dream Team, Mario Golf, Sticker Star and New Super Mario U.

Welp! I lost that one

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Dang, you guys are right! I thought for sure he was in 3D world at least because he was in Dream Team, Mario Golf, Sticker Star and New Super Mario U.

Welp! I lost that one
He was in Sticker Star actually.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
yeah nevermind sorry about that i kinda went crazy forgive me
S'alright, everyone gets that way every now and again.

Now back to the topic at hand... I do hope that the roster isn't complete, but if it is I can honestly say I'm satisfied with it. I dunno how the heck DHD will work but I don't even care because the idea is stupidly fun. And yeah, having those clones is a bit iffy, but honestly if it mwas that Doc might ditch Fludd and bring back the ever-More-useful Mario Tornado, I'm fine with it. Plus I love Kid Icarus Uprising so I don't mind the representation.

Last edited:

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
I will mother your babies, sir. Of course everything is subject to change, but we've got a winning bet here with this roster.

But what's all this biznizz about a new zelda rep?
Honestly I went on with the current ''predictions'' and it would be logical because Zelda didn't get any new representation since Melee(inb4 Toon Link because he's Young Link)

But feel free to fit in any other ''solo'' character...

OR MAYBE KING K.ROOL

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633

Now back to the topic at hand... I do hope that the roster isn't complete, but if it is I can honestly say I'm satisfied with it. I dunno how the heck DHD will work but I don't even care because the idea is stupidly fun. And yeah, having those clones is a bit iffy, but honestly if it mwas that Doc might ditch Fludd and bring back the ever-More-useful Mario Tornado, I'm fine with it. Plus I love Kid Icarus Uprising so I don't mind the representation.
I'm ok. (I'm not even gonna bring up Bowser Jr. before more people get pissed at me.) I like this roster actually.

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice

It seems, if this goes with the Ninka leak, then he will fight with ducks on his back. He won't really fight, the ducks will, hence him being called DUCK HUNT, not DUCK HUNT DOG.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo

That is a fantastic mentality.

"I hope there's more, but if not, what I have is satisfactory."

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
It seems, if this goes with the Ninka leak, then he will fight with ducks on his back. He won't really fight, the ducks will, hence him being called DUCK HUNT, not DUCK HUNT DOG.
Or we'll be simpletons and call him "Dog"

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
I honestly hope this leak is real, just so I can go on random servers and spam the laugh taunt forever.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Honestly I went on with the current ''predictions'' and it would be logical because Zelda didn't get any new representation since Melee(inb4 Toon Link because he's Young Link)

But feel free to fit in any other ''solo'' character...

OR MAYBE KING K.ROOL
GIVE ME ROOL OR GIVE ME DEATH! Seriously, can we just get mewtwo rool and Ridley? Plus a zelda newcomer and boom; everyone is happy.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Worst case scenario: Shulk is placed there because he's a clone character.

I can only imagine the reactions that would get from the community.
If Sakurai didn't choose Chrom because he would be too similar to Marth and Ike, he wouldn't add Shulk in just to make him a clone. Of Ike. That's absolute fact.

Besides that, what's the point in repping a new series if you don't bring anything entirely unique and show what the series can do?

And another thing: it's both a **** you to the fans AND to Monith Soft, who we know are working on the game.

The only case I see is "art-swapping" stat-change Shulk, but anything greater than that is fine.

Anyone who ACTUALLY thinks he's going to be a clone character is an idiot. (I know, or hope the person I quoted doesn't actually think that'll happen.)

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
So here's an interesting guess I saw a while ago for an announcement trailer for the DHD, Shulk, and a vet or clone. The trailer begins in the grassy field from Xenoblade's box art, where we see Shulk fighting a clone or vet (Dark Pit, or Wario?) and we get some gameplay of both, when suddenly one of the two get's knocked behind a random bush. The fighter goes to get up, but is shocked by a dog and a bird behind the bush, enter team DUCK HUNT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom