• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
I didn't find it yet, its deep within the bowls of facebook. I'll search again later. Besides, now that I realized, nothing can be gained about this anyways. So it isn't a priority right know.
No rush. Whatever it is, important or not, can lead to healthy discussion. Don't worry about it if it isn't a priority tho'.

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
Does it bug anybody else that these are supposed to look like photos of a 3DS playing the game yet the screens are right on top of each other?
Probably either editing for viewing convenience, or a special unit used for ESRB rating.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Quoting this:

http://i.imgur.com/abw0VWV.png

So this is the leaked CSS (character selection screen) we've been working with. I've seen (and believed, for a while) some theories that it fits with an earlier text leak claiming all the same characters, plus Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, and the Chorus Kids, as they could take up the empty spots on the roster.

However, when we try to actually fit the characters onto the CSS, we run into some problems. In particular, notice how Row #2, containing the DK, Zelda, and Metroid characters, is full. There's no room for another rep for any of them, such as Dixie Kong or Ridley.

By all appearances, the leaked CSS works like Brawl. The characters are in a specific order, and the first row displays the first set of unlocked characters in order, then the second row displays the next set, and so on. As a result, when you unlock a new character, it shows up in its assigned spot, usually somewhere in the middle, then pushes characters after it further to the right and typically pushes the last one down to the next row. The Smash 4 demos seem to work the same way, as the LoZ characters are split between rows as if another character is supposed to push the first one down to the next row to join the others.

So let's say this CSS works the same way. Adding any characters to Row #2 would start pushing Metroid reps off that row and down to Row #3. So the Metroid reps would be split at the scroll line - inappropriate for a final Smash roster. The only way to work it out would be if there were at least two characters added before the Metroid reps - say, Dixie Kong and the Chorus Kids. This would push Samus down to Row #3.

Donkey Kong | Diddy Kong | Dixie Kong | Link | Zelda | Sheik | Ganondorf | Toon Link | Chorus Kids
Samus | ZSS | Pit | Palutena | Marth | Ike | Robin | Kirby | Dedede

This causes more problems, as adding two characters to Row #3 pushes the Kirby characters to the right and gets one of them cut off. Of course, adding two more characters to Row #3 could fix this by pushing all the Kirby characters to Row #4. Ridley could be one, and then another could be a mystery fifth character?

Samus | ZSS | Ridley | Pit | Palutena | Marth | Ike | Robin | ???
Kirby | Dedede | Meta Knight | Little Mac | Fox | Falco | Pikachu | Charizard | Lucario

It just keeps happening. Now the Pokemon characters are shoved far right enough to get cut off, and unless we end up with a good bit more than the apparent 54 characters, there aren't enough remaining characters left to push them all the way down to Row #5.

There's no getting around it. If the leaked CSS is accurate, then getting even just one more DK, Zelda, or Metroid rep would mean that even more sets of characters are getting split apart one way or another. Whoever the others are, it'll still happen the same way. At least, unless the characters break completely from the Brawl scrolling pattern and several of them do way more jumping around than ever before. Neither of those are particularly plausible. If Sakurai was planning on including those characters, he'd have a CSS arranged very differently to account for them.

For the moment, I'm staying out of the dispute of whether or not the leak or roster is accurate. But, with all this in mind, I feel confident in saying the leaked CSS is not compatible with any DK, Zelda, or Metroid newcomers to fill the remaining space. Including the ones predicted in the Ridley/Mewtwo/Dixie/Chorus leak.

Funnily enough, the original claim about Lucas, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Snake, and the Chorus Kids taking the remaining five spots? They could actually fit into this CSS just fine.

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
Does it bug anybody else that these are supposed to look like photos of a 3DS playing the game yet the screens are right on top of each other?
If the story of the leaker is true, these are 8 seconds videos sent to the ESRB, they're shown on a screen

I'll like it better if Mewtwo was taken out.

and Ridley

Chorus Men and Dixie can stay c:
Dude, Bowser Jr in the Koopa clown, Mewtwo and Ridley would be great characters, I don't know what you're talking about

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
So do ya'll think that

1) the CSS is going to move around after unlocking more characters

2) the final characters are only going to be in the last 2 rows

3) or that the leaked CSS is the final roster?

I'm hoping for the first but idk :(
My bet's on option 1.

The question remains of how it would shift around. It'd be a fun thought experiment to say the least.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
If the story of the leaker is true, these are 8 seconds videos sent to the ESRB, they're shown on a screen

Dude, Bowser Jr in the Koopa clown, Mewtwo and Ridley would be great characters, I don't know what you're talking about
Well I don't care what people say but I'm already confirming Ridley as a boss character.

No offense to Bowser Jr. But seriously I can think of someone who deserves a spot than him *cough* K.Rool *cough*

Mewtwo....Honestly Jiggs beat it to him in my opinion.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I literally just sent a pic that disproves that quote, go back 4 posts :p
Eh, not really. The post I quoted talks about how the roster would be pushed around, while your post talks about how the roster would have characters teleporting across.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
So do ya'll think that

1) the CSS is going to move around after unlocking more characters

2) the final characters are only going to be in the last 2 rows

3) or that the leaked CSS is the final roster?

I'm hoping for the first but idk :(
The first one happens in Melee and in Brawl.
The second one is probably not true.
The third is arguable, I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I hope it's not.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I literally just sent a pic that disproves that quote, go back 4 posts :p
That pic has no precedence however; seeing as though the images fit poorly together, in combination with the fact that there is no evidence for more characters apart from the leakers mouth. Nothing is really "disproven" just countered.

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
Well I don't care what people say but I'm already confirming Ridley as a boss character.

No offense to Bowser Jr. But seriously I can think of someone who deserves a spot than him *cough* K.Rool *cough*

Mewtwo....Honestly Jiggs beat it to him in my opinion.
I love K.Rool, don't get me wrong, but Bowser Jr. is in ALL Mario games. All of them, even some RPGs where Bowser isn't present.

And no, Ridley hasn't been teased that much for no reason. In fact I'm willing to bet my copy of Xenoblade that he's playable

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I love K.Rool, don't get me wrong, but Bowser Jr. is in ALL Mario games. All of them, even some RPGs where Bowser isn't present.

And no, Ridley hasn't been teased that much for no reason. In fact I'm willing to bet my copy of Xenoblade that he's playable
Well I'd rather have more deserving characters thamn Bowser Jr. Like I said before probably not a lot people know Xenoblade (I'm not sure) so Shulk could work for those kids who's parents won't let them play T games.

Not saying I hate Ridley but I keep saying Pyroshphere and those holes already disconfirm him for me.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Sorry if I sound rude but what the hell are you smoking? isayinthemostaffectionatewayever

thats what your opinion is
Learn to respect others before acting like a 12 year old brat. That is seriously immature, bud.

Last edited:

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
I like this leak! For Brawl, the leak was like "here's the roster, see ya!" and people were saying either yes or no pretty much.

Here, the leakers were like "here's this pic but it's not the whole roster trolollol" so the debates are not only about factuality, but what else could be there. It ends with an ellipsis, not a period, and that's pretty damn exciting!

Last edited:

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
You mean like in Melee and Brawl?! :O
The issue is that it happened relatively infrequently in Melee/Brawl, and when there were still a lot of characters to unlock. This would be nearing the final CSS, and you have quite a few characters completely teleporting around.

Not saying it's not possible, just that anything could be possible with super crazy character teleportation happening within the last 5 slots, which is why we're not looking at it that way.

Last edited:

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
View attachment 22654
Found this on google.
Chop his head off, flip it and plant it back down, make the ears a bit bigger, modify the silver shoulder a bit and you've got the "leak".

And if that's not enough, there is so much more MS art on google that is similar enough to use to fake that pose.

There are a few other discrepancies too, the side of his face showing a little bit of a spike is smaller, and it's already said the position of the shoulder is in a slightly different spot, but it's also a slightly different angle, then something near his butt.

But of course, I could probably make this fake if it's fake so who knows.

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if I sound rude but what the hell are you smoking?
The occasional cigarette when I'm drinking

That pic has no precedence however; seeing as though the images fit poorly together, in combination with the fact that there is no evidence for more characters apart from the leakers mouth. Nothing is really "disproven" just countered.
I know it fits poorly, sorry about that, I made it on Paint, too lazy to open up Photoshop :p but it does fit the 9 characters per row model

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
The pics are probably from a 3DS capture card.

LifesJest

Smash Rookie
I pretty much made an account JUST TO SAY THIS (though it looks like now I'll be contributing some for now): I remember that while watching the E3 Tournament Stream (or was it just a stream from the E3 Demo Floor?) twice I saw a person going over Pit's colors, and one actually using the alternate color scheme that is supposed to represent the color Black. I remember thinking how it looked really different from the Brawl palette which later evolved into the inspiration for "Pittoo (Dark Pit)."

Anyways, my point being that if Pit's alternate color for black was altered (and as I recall, it didn't really look like dark pit anymore), than this seems like some pretty solid evidence to further prove Pittoo's inclusion to the roster (and by extension, this "leak"). I'm presently looking through the E3 videos, and anyone who wants to can help shorten the search time drastically.

In my own opinion (and it seems to be a pretty unpopular one), I welcome Pittoo to the roster and I might actually play as him more than "Normal Pit" because I actually really liked his character in Uprising- One of my all-time favorite video games (Including Consoles (yes, I own more than Nintendo systems)) that I still play at least three times a week. I think it's just that good (and it's online amazingly fun), but that may just be me.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo

There are a few other discrepancies too, the side of his face showing a little bit of a spike is smaller, and it's already said the position of the shoulder is in a slightly different spot, but it's also a slightly different angle, then something near his butt.

But of course, I could probably make this fake if it's fake so who knows.
It's also worth pointing out, just so we aren't hypocritical to other leaks:

"Metal Sonic looks like Metal Sonic"

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
I pretty much made an account JUST TO SAY THIS (though it looks like now I'll be contributing some for now): I remember that while watching the E3 Tournament Stream (or was it just a stream from the E3 Demo Floor?) twice I saw a person going over Pit's colors, and one actually using the alternate color scheme that is supposed to represent the color Black. I remember thinking how it looked really different from the Brawl palette which later evolved into the inspiration for "Pittoo (Dark Pit)."

Anyways, my point being that if Pit's alternate color for black was altered (and as I recall, it didn't really look like dark pit anymore), than this seems like some pretty solid evidence to further prove Pittoo's inclusion to the roster (and by extension, this "leak"). I'm presently looking through the E3 videos, and anyone who wants to can help shorten the search time drastically.

In my own opinion (and it seems to be a pretty unpopular one), I welcome Pittoo to the roster and I might actually play as him more than "Normal Pit" because I actually really liked his character in Uprising- One of my all-time favorite video games (Including Consoles (yes, I own more than Nintendo systems)) that I still play at least three times a week. I think it's just that good (and it's online amazingly fun), but that may just be me.

Here you go, at 0:49. No Dark pit :/

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
I'm calling this now.

If Dark Pit is a thing in this Smash, he's gonna get the Dr. Mario treatment from fans, and be MORE popular than the character he was cloned from.

D

Deleted member

The Dark Pit costume was not in the demo. There were no black costumes for Pit of any kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom