• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intheflamez

Smash Rookie
A lot of the people that I've seen that say the leak is false are just mad their character isn't in, and/or don't like the roster.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
I was more thinking a typo would have been made, but I suppose hitting a instead of e is a hard typo to make anyways. I'm sorry to raise this against you if it turns out you are telling the truth, but you're the one claiming they are for sure real.

That lighting issue on Shulk's right cheek, along with similarities in the animation of the move to Ike, really points towards a brawl mod being used there. In the case that they are fake, you seem to be in the best position to have fabricated them with your photoshop skills, brawl modding experience, and being the first person to give them to us. You also claim that they are 100% real, referencing some short video that was apparently shown but nobody knows about.

Hmm, you have said that you have further information regarding the leak that you're not sharing with us. It would be a waste to keep looking in your direction if it turned out you are not behind any of this, so would any of this information eliminate our 'confusion'? For example, if you watched a video, that video would have to be hosted by some site that is not gamefaqs. If you could go into your history and find the url for that video that would clear our doubts about what you say.
While you do bring up good points, I think you MUST know he isn't going to share any more pictures with us. If he is the faker, he would have to MAKE new pictures, and the gap in time would be too suspicious. If he is exactly who he says he is, then by giving us more pictures, he's doing more harm than has already been done. Either way, he is not going to give us anything more.

The Shulk moving like Ike issue has been addressed, and I don't think it is particularly strong evidence. However your point about the lighting error on the cheek is VERY interesting. Is there a way you can show beyond a doubt that it is not just a pixel error due to a camera taking a picture, or simply how his cheeks are supposed to look?

The evidence you have against MasterLinkX is pretty much circumstantial at this point, so I don't see it really proving anything one way or another. And if the images ARE faked, MasterLinkX will be seen in a different light when the game comes out.

@MASTERLINKX, thank you for the clarification. I know that I was confused, and the "disabled" image is definitely an interesting update. I must say, if your intention was to confuse the internet with "disablad", I think you succeeded quite well.

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
A lot of the people that I've seen that say the leak is false are just mad their character isn't in, and/or don't like the roster.
Honestly I feel that a lot of that mentality comes from the belief that Sakurai just didn't really add any highly demanded characters due to the absence of the big three. Which is silly to say the very least; finally getting an AC rep was a pretty big deal to quite a few people, others have been fighting for Little Mac's inclusion since pre-Melee, Mega Man and Pac-Man both had a huge amount of support as well, and then there are characters in the leak who I'm guessing some people just glance over them due to a lack of personal attachment. Shulk immediately comes to mind for that.

A lot of these characters we've been seeing for a while, and more than a few of us have had the chance to actually play as them. So if they realize it or not they aren't really a part of the "hype cycle" any longer, and people expect more bombshells to take their place.

That out of the way, while I do personally feel this has been proven there are some legitimate points against it so I wouldn't immediately label someone in disbelief as being in Roster Denial even though we do see it quite a bit around this timeframe every time a new Smash is about to come out.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
So just wanted to throw out something that I found peculiar a while back.

Originally looking at Smash Bros Brawl's starting roster, you might jump to the the conclusion that's the characters are completely random.

However once you start unlocking characters you start to realize that the roster is built to be arranged by columns but moves characters by rows when a newcomer is unlocked. It's a very odd yet peculiar way for the roster to work. But why is this important? Well if you look at the e for all demo, it follows this same roster trend. In that I mean it looks like they took the final roster, removed some characters and kept moving characters row wise to make things more compact.

In fact with this fore-sight you could even predict a couple of the unlockables to include Falco, Luigi and Marth from the two screen shots above. This where the leak comes into play. The e3 demo from the 3DS has the same trend with the recent leak.

It's a interesting nuance that I feel hard pressed a troll would work to retain alongside the thick selection line.

Now it should be noted that the wii u e3 roster doesn't aligned to match with either the 3DS e3 build or the leaked roster. However this may be because of the difference in playing options. Since the Wii U roster is built to be in crisp HD on preferably widescreen televisions, it would be arranged a bit different from the boxed in 3DS screen.

Either way, assuming I am correct in my conjecture, this would be a seemingly negative sign as the top three rows seem to be cleanly fit already. Either way, take everything I've had to say as you will.
You actually drew something to MY attention. People keep mentioning that the leaked selection screen is dramatically different from any smash game we've had before. We have Yoshi in an odd place, new clones at the bottom, etc etc.

However, we should be remembering that there hasn't BEEN a 3ds smash before. It would appear that Sakurai is purposely changing things up for the 3ds version. We already have evidence for this when comparing the two E3 builds

3DS

Vs

Wii U

While the Wii U version will MOST LIKELY retain the rules of CSS that we have seen in the past, it appears that the 3DS version has it's own rules, as is clearly seen by the fact the ordering of the characters are completely different between the two versions. Note:

In the 3ds version, Samus after Zelda, but on the Wii U, Samus comes before. Similarly, Villager comes after Fox in 3DS and the opposite for Wii U. The versions will have vastly different CSS, and hence we are able to maintain familiarity with one of them while doing something completely new with the other.

This is my two cents.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Yup. I am pretty sure that if Mewtwo, Ridley, King K. Rool, Isaac and others were in the CSS, a lot of people calling the leak fake would believe it in a blink.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
What I feel now is that if this roster is real, it's the final roster...

...until the Wii U version comes out.

Think about it--how else can Nintendo keep hype for the Wii U version? By lining up free DLC to snatch when the Wii U version comes out, and the best way to do that is characters. To keep the rosters the same, it's DLC for both versions, not "on the Wii U and downloaded on 3DS". I get the feeling that this is Ridley and Mewtwo's fate. Sakurai can't and probably isn't ignoring them.

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753

Think about it--how else can Nintendo keep hype for the Wii U version?
Nintendo hasn't exactly had a stellar track record when it comes to Wii U and hype. I'm not ruling out the possibility that their plan is to drip feed music and maybe stages.

It's interesting to note that Namco-Bandai has actually done something similar very recently. In Tekken Tag Tournament 2 a lot of the characters were held off at first. Some were offered as pre-order bonuses, but over time they were unlocked via free updates to the game. The final roster was complete around the time the Wii U version of the game was released and contained all of them from day one.

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Nintendo hasn't exactly had a stellar track record when it comes to Wii U and hype. I'm not ruling out the possibility that their plan is to drip feed music and maybe stages.

It's interesting to note that Namco-Bandai has actually done something similar very recently. In Tekken Tag Tournament 2 a lot of the characters were held off at first. Some were offered as pre-order bonuses, but over time they were unlocked via free updates to the game. The final roster was complete around the time the Wii U version of the game was released and contained all of them from day one.
Interesting...

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra

Yeah, if not DLC (which I'm honestly skeptical about) they really need something to sell this game aside from just "HD SMASH!" Some crazy new modes might do the trick, along with awesome stages. I think slowly unveiling stages in the new adventure mode (I'm imagining one more like melee's, maybe with different paths) could be cool. Plus we always have Amiibo...

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Yeah, if not DLC (which I'm honestly skeptical about) they really need something to sell this game aside from just "HD SMASH!" Some crazy new modes might do the trick, along with awesome stages. I think slowly unveiling stages in the new adventure mode (I'm imagining one more like melee's, maybe with different paths) could be cool. Plus we always have Amiibo...
We'll probably get a lot more information after October 3rd...

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

Think about it--how else can Nintendo keep hype for the Wii U version? By lining up free DLC to snatch when the Wii U version comes out, and the best way to do that is characters. To keep the rosters the same, it's DLC for both versions, not "on the Wii U and downloaded on 3DS". I get the feeling that this is Ridley and Mewtwo's fate. Sakurai can't and probably isn't ignoring them.
So the people who bought Smash 3DS can't have all the planned characters in the release because Nintendo decided to release Smash Wii U later? Sounds like bull**** to me. If I am buying the game, I want all characters in the day I bought it, not months later. They need to find a way to promote Smash Wii U without hindering the potential and experience of Smash 3DS (though they have already done that by limiting the music selection).

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Honestly I feel that a lot of that mentality comes from the belief that Sakurai just didn't really add any highly demanded characters due to the absence of the big three. Which is silly to say the very least; finally getting an AC rep was a pretty big deal to quite a few people, others have been fighting for Little Mac's inclusion since pre-Melee, Mega Man and Pac-Man both had a huge amount of support as well, and then there are characters in the leak who I'm guessing some people just glance over them due to a lack of personal attachment. Shulk immediately comes to mind for that.

A lot of these characters we've been seeing for a while, and more than a few of us have had the chance to actually play as them. So if they realize it or not they aren't really a part of the "hype cycle" any longer, and people expect more bombshells to take their place.

That out of the way, while I do personally feel this has been proven there are some legitimate points against it so I wouldn't immediately label someone in disbelief as being in Roster Denial even though we do see it quite a bit around this timeframe every time a new Smash is about to come out.
its not just the big 3, its the cuts...so far Id say 80% of people dislike this roster right now. Its pretty overwhelming.

The big 3 and cuts being added as free dlc to the 3ds but being content in the wii u version would be glorious, I would cry tears of joy so hard..

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
its not just the big 3, its the cuts...so far Id say 80% of people dislike this roster right now. Its pretty overwhelming.

The big 3 and cuts being added as free dlc to the 3ds but being content in the wii u version would be glorious, I would cry tears of joy so hard..
That's a big stretch, unless you account for 30 - 50% of the population.

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
So the people who bought Smash 3DS can't have all the planned characters in the release because Nintendo decided to release Smash Wii U later? Sounds like bull**** to me. If I am buying the game, I want all characters in the day I bought it, not months later.
That's just how the industry is now unfortunately. It's the age of locked content. People give Nintendo a lot of flak for being "behind the times" when it comes to online aspects in their games, and often for good reason, but wishing for them to step it up is just as much of a double edged sword. Grass is greener and such.

I have a difficult time taking that statistic as anywhere near accurate coming from a guy who wished death upon someone over the fictional cast included within a video game. Unless of course you'd like to provide data to back that up; and no, "people are complaining" isn't conclusive data.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
That's a big stretch, unless you account for 30 - 50% of the population.
Go to facebook, youtube, miiverse, neogaf, gamefaqs, here etc. theres a ton of people who are calling it fake because it looks terrible. I believe its real (please be a ton more though) because there are no major flaws but the truth is most people are unhappy.

That's just how the industry is now unfortunately. It's the age of locked content. People give Nintendo a lot of flak for being "behind the times" when it comes to online aspects in their games, and often for good reason, but wishing for them to step it up is just as much of a double edged sword. Grass is greener and such.

I have a difficult time taking that statistic as anywhere near accurate coming from a guy who wished death upon someone over the fictional cast included within a video game. Unless of course you'd like to provide data to back that up; and no, "people are complaining" isn't conclusive data.
I really dont care for people who judge people without knowing anything about them...

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Go to facebook, youtube, miiverse, neogaf, gamefaqs, here etc. theres a ton of people who are calling it fake because it looks terrible. I believe its real (please be a ton more though) because there are no major flaws but the truth is most people are unhappy.
Fair enough, I was referring to Smashboards where approval is split almost evenly with disapproval. Meh, this has happened for Melee (when the roster was leaked) and Brawl (when the roster was leaked).

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
I really dont care for people who judge people without knowing anything about them...
I find judging people based on their actions to be quite fair. Guess I'm just weird like that.

Anyway, dropping this. Not really relevant to the topic at hand.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Fair enough, I was referring to Smashboards where approval is split almost evenly with disapproval. Meh, this has happened for Melee (when the roster was leaked) and Brawl (when the roster was leaked).
social media Imo wasnt as crazy back then IMO when those came out to get a good enough read. (Although Rob and lack of Mewtwo pissed off a TON of people) The point is alot of people are unhappy, hopefully sakurai will take care of those who are not satisfied with the current roster but who knows..

I find judging people based on their actions to be quite fair. Guess I'm just weird like that.

Anyway, dropping this. Not really relevant to the topic at hand.
Yeah it isnt relevant, bro, I dont get why you brought it up, after I said in that thread that I for one would never take another human life, ever and secondly admitted I was wrong for overreacting due to anger of one of my childhood dreams being cut. Regardless it apparently made alot of people upset, which was not my intention. Anyways lets get back to leak.

Last edited:

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
This is a bit of a sidenote, but wouldn't it be cool if for characters with alternate forms (mainly villager, WFT and Robin) the CSS icon changed depending on the last one you used? So you could theoretically have female Robin or male WFT on the CSS. I doubt this would happen, but it could be neat.

As for the 80% hating this... I think 90% hated Brawl's roster soooo... (I know that doesn't give credibility to this leak, just an observation.)

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
40 pages. The terrorists have won Embarrass

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
As for the 80% hating this... I think 90% hated Brawl's roster soooo... (I know that doesn't give credibility to this leak, just an observation.)
Also as for the 80 percent hating this, I find it HIGHLY amusing and telling of how fickle and trivial the cries of ''WON'T BUY" are when the same characters that are causing outcries of pain (save the ICs) are the same ones that caused uproars of hate in Brawl.

No one wanted Wolf when he was revealed. It was all about Krystal.

Only Earthbound/Mother fans cared about Lucas.

Just goes to show that the outcries? They're ultimately pretty damn shallow.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
This is a bit of a sidenote, but wouldn't it be cool if for characters with alternate forms (mainly villager, WFT and Robin) the CSS icon changed depending on the last one you used? So you could theoretically have female Robin or male WFT on the CSS. I doubt this would happen, but it could be neat.

Dont worry I believe, sadly, and others will believe soon as well...

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Even if you don't like or believe it, I would at least prepare for the possibility that it's real. Because for all we know, it might be. Completely disregarding this one is a bad idea IMO.

Especially those who think its fake based on the characters. That literally proves nothing and comes across as straw grasping. Just my advice.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Also as for the 80 percent hating this, I find it HIGHLY amusing and telling of how fickle and trivial the cries of ''WON'T BUY" are when the same characters that are causing outcries of pain (save the ICs) are the same ones that caused uproars of hate in Brawl.

No one wanted Wolf when he was revealed. It was all about Crystal.

Only Earthbound/Mother fans cared about Lucas.

Just goes to show that the outcries? They're ultimately pretty damn shallow.
Wolf was very popular around the brawl era, Krystal barely had the edge. Trust me I visited ALL the time in those threads back in the day (thats when the krystal thread was infested with a bunch of weird ones..) but I will admit that wolf was slightly outshined by Krystal back then. But the difference was (and still is) is that Wolf Is extremely important to the star fox lore and his hatebase is virtually at 0% when compared to krystal who has as much hate as popularity.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Can I have the full story of what we know on the MasterLinkX thing?

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I believed it as soon as I saw the Duck Hunt Dog. It's just something so crazy, only Sakurai would do.
Yeah, I even like Duck Hunt Dog and bowser Jr. they look sweet its just they are nowhere as sweet as those cuts and the big 3, so many fanbases just get a punch right in the gut (last time it was really only Mewtwo, who was huge but there was plenty of new poke reps to soften the blow and you could see in the data mewtwo was very close to being finished and added ), its why I have a small amount of faith that something around 5-10 characters havnt been shown off in this leak are still in the roster and if not that, then sakurai has some kind of plan to save those fans from sorrow but idk..

Last edited:

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra

Was "Mirrored U in Duck Hunt" mentioned in OP ?
If not, add it maybe.
Hmm... I haven't seen this yet! Could you explain it? Here is a pic of a "U" from the E3 demo. I think both look fine, the left side of the Duck hunt "U" looks a little skinny, but it's also at an angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom