• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Hmm... I haven't seen this yet! Could you explain it? Here is a pic of a "U" from the E3 demo. I think both look fine, the left side of the Duck hunt "U" looks a little skinny, but it's also at an angle.

Saw it on 4chan. Just wanted to add it, as I added "disablad" previously.

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592

Was "Mirrored U in Duck Hunt" mentioned in OP ?
If not, add it maybe.
Font changes are not proof of anything, the UI can go through many changes during development. Remember that the E3 build was pretty old, and I recall people trying to prove Greninja (in X/Y, not SSB4) fake when the A in "WATER" looked different.

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
So, the leak suggestions there is no stage builder in the 3ds version?
I guess so.. But I was not really expecting a stage builder for the 3DS anyway.. It's more likely for the Wii U.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Gotta admit, I'm one of those who is not happy with the current roster. I'm really skeptical about the images, but the Ninka leak is credible to me, and I don't like it. But that doesn't mean I won't get the game - there are still characters I really like to play; there are just cuts I think are unjustified and additions I think are unsubstantiated. Hopefully, those other rumors that this isn't the full roster are true.

My biggest issues are with the additions of Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and ROB. I know each has their fans, so sorry, but I don't think they belong here. Dr. Mario is no different to Mario with the exception of having pills instead of fireballs, and would be much better served as an alternate costume. Lucina got the Lucina treatment since she is not Marth. Dr. Mario is Mario, so... Pittwo enrages me since he's a one-shot character and just makes it look like Sakurai is putting in his babies instead of making a Nintendo all-stars game. Where's Dark Link, then? An alt? And Dark Samus? An AT. If true, then the KI series has about as many characters as games. Imagine that for the Zelda or Mario series! It just looks and feels like a big middle finger to the Zelda and especially Metroid and DK universes. And as for ROB, he was important in the SSE, which is not in this game. I never warmed up to him in the past 6 years since it's not a character with a personality, it's a peripheral that Nintendo marketed as a toy to get out of the video game crash of the 80's

If true, the leak gives me a few nice punching bags for my matches though. I just highly doubt that in making 'the best character game' he would ignore the most highly requested characters. No matter which side of the debate you're on, nobody can deny that Mewtwo and Ridley are very popular.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
So the people who bought Smash 3DS can't have all the planned characters in the release because Nintendo decided to release Smash Wii U later? Sounds like bull**** to me. If I am buying the game, I want all characters in the day I bought it, not months later. They need to find a way to promote Smash Wii U without hindering the potential and experience of Smash 3DS (though they have already done that by limiting the music selection).
That's the reality that Nintendo's facing. Like @Amherst said, Nintendo probably has to play dirty to make sure to sell as many copies as possible. On the bright side it could be like he said about Tekken Tag Tournament--it'll eventually be free so don't worry.

So I think it's been like the leakers on here have been hinting--it's what we have *so far*, just that the things everyone wants will be showing up two months later as opposed to being buried deeper in the game.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Gotta admit, I'm one of those who is not happy with the current roster. I'm really skeptical about the images, but the Ninka leak is credible to me, and I don't like it. But that doesn't mean I won't get the game - there are still characters I really like to play; there are just cuts I think are unjustified and additions I think are unsubstantiated. Hopefully, those other rumors that this isn't the full roster are true.

My biggest issues are with the additions of Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and ROB. I know each has their fans, so sorry, but I don't think they belong here. Dr. Mario is no different to Mario with the exception of having pills instead of fireballs, and would be much better served as an alternate costume. Lucina got the Lucina treatment since she is not Marth. Dr. Mario is Mario, so... Pittwo enrages me since he's a one-shot character and just makes it look like Sakurai is putting in his babies instead of making a Nintendo all-stars game. Where's Dark Link, then? An alt? And Dark Samus? An AT. If true, then the KI series has about as many characters as games. Imagine that for the Zelda or Mario series! It just looks and feels like a big middle finger to the Zelda and especially Metroid and DK universes. And as for ROB, he was important in the SSE, which is not in this game. I never warmed up to him in the past 6 years since it's not a character with a personality, it's a peripheral that Nintendo marketed as a toy to get out of the video game crash of the 80's

If true, the leak gives me a few nice punching bags for my matches though. I just highly doubt that in making 'the best character game' he would ignore the most highly requested characters. No matter which side of the debate you're on, nobody can deny that Mewtwo and Ridley are very popular.
R.O.B is fine since he is a history piece but I completely get your other dislikes.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
So the people who bought Smash 3DS can't have all the planned characters in the release because Nintendo decided to release Smash Wii U later? Sounds like bull**** to me. If I am buying the game, I want all characters in the day I bought it, not months later. They need to find a way to promote Smash Wii U without hindering the potential and experience of Smash 3DS (though they have already done that by limiting the music selection).
It's not bull hickey at all; it just would mean that 3DS owners have something to look forward to with more characters being slowly added for free, and I mean if you really wanna get down to it, those of us who only want it on Wii U are gonna have to wait longer for the game in general so I don't personally see what the big deal about it is.

Although, I seriously, seriously doubt that's going to end up happening anyway. The Smash team has a track record of majorly disappointing.

Last edited:

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
I totally get why you see it that way, but honestly I don't. For me, odds are that they just need more time to touch characters up. Not ALL characters were completed at the same time. I don't imagine they are holding the characters back to screw with us, but because they aren't finished yet and the extra month or two till the Wii U version is what they need, even if it's just making sure the new characters are balanced.

If new characters came out for free with the Wii U version, I would personally be very happy that the game I have been playing for a couple months has been given new life.

In fact, I hope they continue to release DLC down the road to keep the life in their games for years to come.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
No. But there seems to be no menu spot for it on stage select screen. If the stage select screen is full.
We have not seen the touch screen of the stage select menu at all. For all we know, there are several buttons to press bring you to different pages of stage select menus.

EDIT: I have done this several times now. I apologize for the double post. I really need to start paying better attention.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I don't see any character select space for a DLC icon/submenu, and that kind of worries me.

Last edited:

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
I don't see any character select space for a DLC icon/submenu, and that kind of worries me.
I'd say that very rarely is that indicated beforehand. Usually once you actually download the DLC you get the button or the character just appears. That's how I've seen it done in the past (New Super Luigi U, Pikmin 3).

Edit: That is not to say that is or is not an indication towards DLC. Personally, I hope we have all of the characters at the beginning. Give me DLC in February...

Last edited:

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
It is possible once the select screen fully fills up and more characters won't fit, the screen will THEN have a "more characters" button.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
If their is DLC their is the possible chance for it to work like Mortal Kombat 9. Where the bottom corner character slots extend and the DLC characters appear.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Can the 3DS support many DLC characters? They're cutting down to 2 songs per stage due to size, so they may have the roster packed to the brim. I dunno about the specifics though

That could be another hype-generating fact for the WiiU version. Rather than keeping characters locked, just offer the possibilities of DLC on the WiiU only. I'd pay for some characters to be added there.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Can the 3DS support many DLC characters? They're cutting down to 2 songs per stage due to size, so they may have the roster packed to the brim. I dunno about the specifics though

That could be another hype-generating fact for the WiiU version. Rather than keeping characters locked, just offer the possibilities of DLC on the WiiU only. I'd pay for some characters to be added there.
A 3DS cartrige can hold 8 gb. Smash 3DS is 2.1 gb. I'm sure a few more characters can fit.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord

There's room for 1.9 gigs on the game card and 5.9 if he used the larger one. I'm sure the 3DS can handle it. And the 3DS will get the same roster as the Wii U.

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice

Size has NOTHING to do with today's announcement. They specifically said there will be more songs than the two available per stage, and that those would be available for Smash Run.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Oh goodie. It's made it here. The P4 and P3 things are switched.
Yes, but there could be a good reason for that. We don't actually know how the 3DS version fully operates yet since battles will be done via wi-fi.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Which doesn't make much since because that would make Player 4 be Player 3.
Imagine this:

Player 1, 2, 3 and 4 join a match. Player 3 drops out. Now they have the option of turning player 4 into player 3, or locking Player 4 as player 3, but now player 3 joined later.

It is within the realm of possibility.

Faking a video is incredibly hard to do. Also, the select screen is heavily based off of the new leak, so they would have had to fake this video within around 24 hours. The camera isn't 100% shaky, so if you want to prove this fake, try to find a point where sonic doesn't move with the rest of the screen naturally, as that would have to be done by hand.

Saw it earlier. I'm suspicious about this one, because if the guy managed to get video, he likely wouldn't be under the same scrutiny as the person who supposedly leaked the roster, thus having little excuse to not show gameplay of at least one of the costumes in action.
We have no idea what his situation is, and hence I would argue it's impossible to determine what he could and couldn't do. Also, for all we know he LOVES Metal Sonic and this is what excited him most, and he wanted to share.

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Imagine this:

Player 1, 2, 3 and 4 join a match. Player 3 drops out. Now they have the option of turning player 4 into player 3, or locking Player 4 as player 3, but now player 3 joined later.

It is within the realm of possibility.

Faking a video is incredibly hard to do. Also, the select screen is heavily based off of the new leak, so they would have had to fake this video within around 24 hours. The camera isn't 100% shaky, so if you want to prove this fake, try to find a point where sonic doesn't move with the rest of the screen naturally, as that would have to be done by hand.

We have no idea what his situation is, and hence I would argue it's impossible to determine what he could and couldn't do. Also, for all we know he LOVES Metal Sonic and this is what excited him most, and he wanted to share.
Maybe his situation is that he will not release actual newcomer and veteran information because Youtube would strike is account for copyrights? I don't know. This is looking more legit, so I'll pick neutral.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Maybe his situation is that he will not release actual newcomer and veteran information because Youtube would strike is account for copyrights? I don't know. This is looking more legit, so I'll pick neutral.
Also possible.

The point is, this seems like evidence for the original leak. I'm adding it to the first post.

Last edited:

closetkpopfan

Smash Rookie
I still don't understand the refusal by masterlinkx to give more info. I can understand if he's trying to protect someone, but isn't the damage already done on that anyway? Not to mention we aren't asking for pictures necessarily, just tell us the full roster and stop yanking everyone's chain.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
I still don't understand the refusal by masterlinkx to give more info. I can understand if he's trying to protect someone, but isn't the damage already done on that anyway? Not to mention we aren't asking for pictures necessarily, just tell us the full roster and stop yanking everyone's chain.
If I were to break my leg, I wouldn't ask someone to drive over it because "the damage has been done". Right now, somewhere, someone is doing damage control. MasterLinkX does not want to make that job more difficult.

I'm suspicious of why everyone else chose random. And would the servers even be up?
This is probably local play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom