• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
LEAK CONFIRMED
Don't even joke.

The same guy did music for Brawl, too. Was Dr. Mario in Brawl?

Is Luffy, Idolmaster, Lightning, Chrono, Dante and Phoenix Wright all in Smash, too? Nope. But their composers are.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Hey...The Rhythm Heaven composer isn't here right?

So maybe that Pink stage is Magicant or whatever place from earthbound.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I doubt the music means anything, to be honest. Some people are clamoring over a MGS4 composer being there, but it doesn't mean much either.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I hope, if Wolf is cut, they don't put that sweet Assault rearrangement of his theme in anyway. It would be such a HUGE slap in the face.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
So just wanted to throw out something that I found peculiar a while back.

Originally looking at Smash Bros Brawl's starting roster, you might jump to the the conclusion that's the characters are completely random.

However once you start unlocking characters you start to realize that the roster is built to be arranged by columns but moves characters by rows when a newcomer is unlocked. It's a very odd yet peculiar way for the roster to work. But why is this important? Well if you look at the e for all demo, it follows this same roster trend. In that I mean it looks like they took the final roster, removed some characters and kept moving characters row wise to make things more compact.

In fact with this fore-sight you could even predict a couple of the unlockables to include Falco, Luigi and Marth from the two screen shots above. This where the leak comes into play. The e3 demo from the 3DS has the same trend with the recent leak.

It's a interesting nuance that I feel hard pressed a troll would work to retain alongside the thick selection line.

Now it should be noted that the wii u e3 roster doesn't aligned to match with either the 3DS e3 build or the leaked roster. However this may be because of the difference in playing options. Since the Wii U roster is built to be in crisp HD on preferably widescreen televisions, it would be arranged a bit different from the boxed in 3DS screen.

Either way, assuming I am correct in my conjecture, this would be a seemingly negative sign as the top three rows seem to be cleanly fit already. Either way, take everything I've had to say as you will.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if this has been replied to, I asked a couple times but didn't get an answer on the previous thread.

If the screen is incomplete, couldn't characters like Wolf and IC be among the characters that are still locked?

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
I'm not sure if this has been replied to, I asked a couple times but didn't get an answer on the previous thread.

If the screen is incomplete, couldn't characters like Wolf and IC be among the characters that are still locked?
That's still a possibility, but I believe some sources (the same ones who predicted DHD and co.) say they are out for sure... I guess we'll see!

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
I doubt the music means anything, to be honest. Some people are clamoring over a MGS4 composer being there, but it doesn't mean much either.
I wouldn't be so sure about that, actually. She worked on Brawl. Composers with other big titles next to their names also worked on Brawl, but generally not on music from the franchises they were famous for. This particular composer worked exclusively on the Metal Gear 4 Love Theme and Calling to the Night. So her working on the game again does improve Snakes chances, though it's far from conclusive.

Source: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1773881/

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
How would they know for sure if they hadn't unlocked everyone yet?
No idea! The Ninka leak (that so far aligns with this one) says: "-Snake, Lucas, Ice Climbers (Why), and Wolf are cut"
There is also an image (can be found on the second post on first page, I'm on mobile) that has these characters crossed out. This image is also the first image in the 4chan thread where all of these pics came from.
So if one of those "cut" characters is confirmed it looks like the leak (at least the Ninka side of it) is false!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
No idea! The Ninka leak (that so far aligns with this one) says: "-Snake, Lucas, Ice Climbers (Why), and Wolf are cut"
There is also an image (can be found on the second post on first page, I'm on mobile) that has these characters crossed out. This image is also the first image in the 4chan thread where all of these pics came from.
So if one of those "cut" characters is confirmed it looks like the leak (at least the Ninka side of it) is false!
Yeah I get all that. But didn't Chronobound (or someone who has a similar name to that who knows his ****) say that there are different builds of the game that have different characters in?

It seems weird to assert that those characters are cut if that's the case.

Another thing I asked was, how do we know that the DLC part of the leak was fake? I thought people were saying for certain that the guy who said the DLC was the same guy who leaked the CSS pic.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

Okay updated my roster.

I added Giygas as my oddball since the pink stage could be Magicant from MOTHER.

Basically, that's a "What if there was another column" scenario, with six more characters being Giygas, Mach Rider, Wolf, Lucas, Snake and Ice Climbers.
PLS SAMURAI !

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
Yeah I get all that. But didn't Chronobound (or someone who has a similar name to that who knows his ****) say that there are different builds of the game that have different characters in?

It seems weird to assert that those characters are cut if that's the case.

Another thing I asked was, how do we know that the DLC part of the leak was fake? I thought people were saying for certain that the guy who said the DLC was the same guy who leaked the CSS pic.
Yeah, one of the original leakers, the motherf-ing leaker, posted one of the pics and then the DLC list, but then one of the mods here (Neo Zero?) said that the DLC part was fake and this was "confirmed" by other mods. I guess it really comes down to who you trust, there are so many weird discrepancies.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
So today's pic(s) of the day kind of confirmed that the leak is fake for me.

Okay, according to the leak there's only one Donkey Kong stage, Jungle Japes, which is a Past stage. Knowing that every stage only has two songs on the 3DS, we can assume it's two songs are going to be the ones from Brawl: "Jungle Japes" and "Kongo Jungle"

But look at that! "Kongo Jungle" and "Gear Getaway" a song from Donkey Kong Country Returns! This implies that there is a new DK stage for the 3DS version. Why else would they omit the "Jungle Japes" theme from the Jungle Japes stage? Why add that one new song? It has to be for a new stage.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

Okay, according to the leak there's only one Donkey Kong stage, Jungle Japes, which is a Past stage. Knowing that every stage only has two songs on the 3DS, we can assume it's two songs are going to be the ones from Brawl: "Jungle Japes" and "Kongo Jungle"

But look at that! "Kongo Jungle" and "Gear Getaway" a song from Donkey Kong Country Returns! This implies that there is a new DK stage for the 3DS version. Why else would they omit the "Jungle Japes" theme from the Jungle Japes stage? Why add that one new song? It has to be for a new stage.
Sakurai explained songs you wouldn't hear in stage could be used for Smash run, since most of the stages will have at ost two songs.

In Smash Run, the background music plays randomly from the songs you select from the track list. This means you can customize your own song lineup!! Usually each stage has two tracks-which makes for a lot of songs on its own-but as a bonus, we've added more songs for you to enjoy in Smash Run and in the Sounds area.
Basically, many songs will be a bonus for the soundtest and Smashrun.

Last edited:

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra

That's a good point, but isn't it possible for the song to be for something else too? And I believe there were song changes on past stages in Brawl. Not trying to shoot you down! I just don't think this completely means it's fake, could be a knock against it though...

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Yeah, one of the original leakers, the motherf-ing leaker, posted one of the pics and then the DLC list, but then one of the mods here (Neo Zero?) said that the DLC part was fake and this was "confirmed" by other mods. I guess it really comes down to who you trust, there are so many weird discrepancies.
I guess we don't have the full picture, so it ain't easy knowing exactly what the hell is going on.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
THE MODS KNERW SOMTHANG, THEY GOTTA! IZZ A CONSPIRISIII!!!1!!!1!

No but seriously, a few may actually know something we don't, and they're not showing it. I doubt every single mod is in on it, but there is more then we seem to know.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Why would they put in that many songs and then only let two play on each stage? The 3ds can't handle more than 2 songs? What the heck...

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
No but seriously, a few may actually know something we don't, and they're not showing it. I doubt every single mod is in on it, but there is more then we seem to know.
I'm inclined to believe that. As mods of such a large SSB community I doubt they'd toy with people or keep info out of spite or something along those lines, if anything I'm sure they'd be eager to share it if true. So I'm guessing the leaker requested they withheld any additional info they may have, possibly due to job/identity security.

Trust is far easier to lose than it is to gain, so I don't hold it against them.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I'm inclined to believe that. As mods of such a large SSB community I doubt they'd toy with people or keep info out of spite or something along those lines, if anything I'm sure they'd be eager to share it if true. So I'm guessing the leaker requested they withheld any additional info they may have, possibly due to job/identity security.

Trust is far easier to lose than it is to gain, so I don't hold it against them.
Very true.
Infact, maybe it's just a red herring to keep Nintendo off of this leak? But they can still go like "Hey guys trust me it's false." because I doubt Sakurai has a translator running an account on here, so they can say it like that here freely.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Just woke up. Added points on Gameboy stage and "disabled" from MasterLinkX.

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
Have you ever heard of Level 1-2 in the original Mario game? It's music is called "Underworld theme".
Yes and it's the Underground Theme there. There is the Underworld theme in Kid Icarus and was even featured in Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom