• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
Ah, fair enough. Hard to keep track of all the leak info everywhere.

I'm really curious now, does anyone knows what the text says next to the time. Can't tell if that's blurred out on purpose or if the image is indeed that crappy.
It says... ESRB0083 I think...

EDIT: I dunno about you guys but this waiting on the POTD is killing me.

Last edited:

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
Kind of off topic, but for this weeks PotD's it's getting late, maybe it's gonna be a Sakurai troll or a big drop? Either way it'll be interesting

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
I hope this POTD shows something new that can be linked to the leak. It's the only reason I'm awake at this point >_<

Mewter

Smash Master
Ok, I finally found something that will bring this leak to the ground. After looking the roster leak again, something caught my eye. Look at R.O.B. in the roster, and compare to this image.
Do you see the difference? In both versions of Brawl in every region, The japanese verson of R.O.B. has a light tan color as a default, while the US, which is grey, is an alt. So the leakers are kinda screwed now.

Can't really tell.
Besides, Red/tan his default in US too.

Last edited:

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
It says... ESRB0083 I think...
Oh gawd, I feel so dumb now...

Well, I guess we can sorta safely assume all the pics are legit now. Not that will gets us anywhere, but w/e. With the whole ESRB theory combined I think we can pretty much conclude there is nothing else to conclude from this leak except for what we actually see in the pictures. I think the only real thing we can do now is see if it turns out to be legit or not. This might be a long month still...

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
Oh gawd, I feel so dumb now...

Well, I guess we can sorta safely assume all the pics are legit now. Not that will gets us anywhere, but w/e. With the whole ESRB theory combined I think we can pretty much conclude there is nothing else to conclude from this leak except for what we actually see in the pictures. I think the only real thing we can do now is see if it turns out to be legit or not. This might be a long month still...
It's cool, we're all stressed and tired and our brains have been pushed beyond our normal limits. It happens XD.

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
Can you at least tell me if the roster is as disappointing as it seems or not?
As @Bradli Wartooth has said, the like/dislike of the roster is opinion based.
I personally like it, but of course there are people that will not like it.

Personally, I don't care about what any one else thinks of the roster.
I am fine with it.

I am not here to feed you an opinion of how you should feel about the roster yourself.
This is up to you to decide yourself, and whether you wish to do this now or wait for the games release is not for me to say.

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
My spelling isn't that disablad, I can say that for sure.
I was more thinking a typo would have been made, but I suppose hitting a instead of e is a hard typo to make anyways. I'm sorry to raise this against you if it turns out you are telling the truth, but you're the one claiming they are for sure real.

That lighting issue on Shulk's right cheek, along with similarities in the animation of the move to Ike, really points towards a brawl mod being used there. In the case that they are fake, you seem to be in the best position to have fabricated them with your photoshop skills, brawl modding experience, and being the first person to give them to us. You also claim that they are 100% real, referencing some short video that was apparently shown but nobody knows about.

Hmm, you have said that you have further information regarding the leak that you're not sharing with us. It would be a waste to keep looking in your direction if it turned out you are not behind any of this, so would any of this information eliminate our 'confusion'? For example, if you watched a video, that video would have to be hosted by some site that is not gamefaqs. If you could go into your history and find the url for that video that would clear our doubts about what you say.

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
Calling ti disappointing is really subjective. I, for one, love the roster as shown.
You and me both. A lot of people are complaining about Doc but I found him a lot more enjoyable than Mario in Melee and am glad to have him back. DHD looks hype. Bowser Jr. has the potential to be great. Happy to see ROB back. Then there are all those characters that were outright confirmed before this leak (Mac, Pac, Mega Man in particular) who I'm really looking forward to.

I'm really pleased. It isn't perfect, there are a few characters I'm hoping can slip in, but I got a lot of the ones I wanted and quite a few nice surprises.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Ok, I finally found something that will bring this leak to the ground. After looking the roster leak again, something caught my eye. Look at R.O.B. in the roster, and compare to this image.
Do you see the difference? In both versions of Brawl in every region, The japanese verson of R.O.B. has a light tan color as a default, while the US, which is grey, is an alt. So the leakers are kinda screwed now.

Pretty sure it's because of image quality is my point. There's some tan coloring in there.

Last edited:

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
I'll give my thoughts atm incase PotD deconfirmed or confirms this. I think it's believable there are bits of evidence that are nice. But the fact it's lasted this long is what really makes me believe it. I've never seen a picture leak last this long.
Inb4 deconfirm :4falcon:

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
I was more thinking a typo would have been made, but I suppose hitting a instead of e is a hard typo to make anyways. I'm sorry to raise this against you if it turns out you are telling the truth, but you're the one claiming they are for sure real.

That lighting issue on Shulk's right cheek, along with similarities in the animation of the move to Ike, really points towards a brawl mod being used there. In the case that they are fake, you seem to be in the best position to have fabricated them with your photoshop skills, brawl modding experience, and being the first person to give them to us. You also claim that they are 100% real, referencing some short video that was apparently shown but nobody knows about.

Hmm, you have said that you have further information regarding the leak that you're not sharing with us. It would be a waste to keep looking in your direction if it turned out you are not behind any of this, so would any of this information eliminate our 'confusion'? For example, if you watched a video, that video would have to be hosted by some site that is not gamefaqs. If you could go into your history and find the url for that video that would clear our doubts about what you say.
There's no way in hell the video would be uploaded on the internet on a service like YouTube or DailyMotion for examples.
The images are nothing more than Print Screens of a sloppy quality recording.

And if you're thinking of ever asking me to take a print screen of some other part of the video, I am not going to give out any direct content.

Last edited:

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
The only thing that bothers me atm is the 5 'open' slots. It's easy to assume there for yet to be unlocked characters. The roster isn't neatly ordered yet just like other smash games are neatly ordered before all characters are unlocked. It would make too much sense for there to be more unlockables. That said, if this really was taken from ESRB, then it would make the most sense if they are able to review every character in the game. It would be weird to hold content back from the rating process, so in that way it would make more sense this really is the full roster. An other explanation could be they informed ESRB about the unknown characters in another way, maybe in text or a separate vid that didn't leak. The other theory of it being dlc could make sense in this way as well, as it would make sense ESRB doesn't have knowledge of these characters. However that would be pretty strange imo as well as it would leave the 3ds roster unordered for anyone that doesn't purchase the dlc, which would be a unlikely option unless they plan to make the dlc free, which would be kinda strange as well.

It's kinda complicated to think about all this. All I wanted to say is with the current 'leak' facts, I don't want to hope for more characters because the chance seems big I'll be disappointed. Nothing really makes sense atm.

TectonicImprov

Smash Rookie
The only thing that bothers me atm is the 5 'open' slots. It's easy to assume there for yet to be unlocked characters. The roster isn't neatly ordered yet just like other smash games are neatly ordered before all characters are unlocked. It would make too much sense for there to be more unlockables. That said, if this really was taken from ESRB, then it would make the most sense if they are able to review every character in the game. It would be weird to hold content back from the rating process, so in that way it would make more sense this really is the full roster. An other explanation could be they informed ESRB about the unknown characters in another way, maybe in text or a separate vid that didn't leak. The other theory of it being dlc could make sense in this way as well, as it would make sense ESRB doesn't have knowledge of these characters. However that would be pretty strange imo as well as it would leave the 3ds roster unordered for anyone that doesn't purchase the dlc, which would be a unlikely option unless they plan to make the dlc free, which would be kinda strange as well.

It's kinda complicated to think about all this. All I wanted to say is with the current 'leak' facts, I don't want to hope for more characters because the chance seems big I'll be disappointed. Nothing really makes sense atm.
The DLC part remedied that. Unfortunately that's been debunked (I think.)

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice

Same reason people didn't believe Melee leaks, but you got a point that's for sure

Don't know why but for those who are expecting this leak to be seriously legit, always expect nothing or the worst. Sakurai has his ways with these things.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
The DLC part remedied that. Unfortunately that's been debunked (I think.)
We shouldn't believe anything text written anyway. That dlc thing was debunked, but dlc is always an option anyway these days.
Same reason people didn't believe Melee leaks, but you got a point that's for sure
Oh, I'm on #TeamReal. I'm just unsure how to interpret the 5 open spots left.

CapnMuffin

Smash Apprentice
I don't think the grid HAS to be filled. An arbitrary even square grid did not dictate the roster. HOWEVER it does seem oddly... I dunno... missing at least something.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
This is a horribly late Pic of the Day! I'm not even kidding! The only later one was at 6 am telling us about Robin and Lucina's announcementtrailer and that's technically not a pic of the day

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
Can someone catch me up with what's happened over the last 9 or 10 hours?
Pictochat and Mushroomy's Kingdom's SSS icons are new

People not reading the second post

MasterLinkX Clarification

Shulk modded explaining how to tell if it's the Shulk model

Some other stuff but I'm lazy sorry

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I don't think the grid HAS to be filled. An arbitrary even square grid did not dictate the roster. HOWEVER it does seem oddly... I dunno... missing at least something.
Hey, I love your sig. I just want to point out though that Villager was after the Zelda characters/before KI in the demo screen (Wii U). And SF was before FE. I'm only pointing it out as it appears you've otherwise followed that demo's layout exactly.

Last edited:

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
Is there going to be a PotD because the wait feels like an eternity and I'm tired as ****.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
There's no way in hell the video would be uploaded on the internet on a service like YouTube or DailyMotion for examples.
The images are nothing more than Print Screens of a sloppy quality recording.

And if you're thinking of ever asking me to take a print screen of some other part of the video, keep dreaming, I am not going to give out any direct content.
So you still have access to the video?

Well then, idk why you wouldn't take another screenshot, even of something unimportant, in order to clear our doubts about you. That would at least show that a video exists.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
This is a huge stretch. No way. Every piece of art is being used in game. They won't go to lengths to try and deny the leak. The only people who saw the leak are us very hardcore fans. The bulk of buyers still don't know about this non-sense.

Secondly if they DID make new character art it'd be the same character models in a different pose. We'd still figure it out. If you know anything about 3D art they won't build one from the ground up. There' no time or point and the artists who make the renders like that are either busy with other projects on their to-do list or not even working since their jobs could possibly be done at this point.

If anything it'll be like every leak in the past and they'll pretend it never happened and release it as normal.
Wasn't Jiggs Battle Art Different then her Character Select Art in Brawl?

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
If this PotD is a Sakurai troll or is not useful info there is going to be hate.

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
"Pic of the day. Look at all these colors from Smash Run power ups. Also, first person to burn down the ESRB gets a free character of their choice added. Go, minions."

Bingoshi

Smash Apprentice
My gosh, has a Pick of the day ever been this late? The heck is going on? Is Sakurai aware of the leak? Are they changing a veterans picture or something?

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
I bet you today's POTD was something that inadvertently confirmed the leak. I bet Sakurai, like the rest of us, isn't sure what to do. Either that, or we are getting a impromptu character reveal; perhaps a character not on the CSS leak, or a Wii U stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom