• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

An example is a discussion I'm currently in where I brought up the leak and (surprisingly) got people who didn't call it fake, we have been discussing how it could be confirmed or deconfirmed and there hasn't been any rudimentary screaming of children.... Yet
yet
all I did was post propaganda drawings of the sneaky spirit and chorus men on the community.

also speaking of miiverse I found this gem

That's fantastic lol

D

Deleted member

I go on miiverse expecting to see some debate posts, instead i see someone with the ninid DONT-TRUST-ME looking for a boyfriend... miiverse

CapnMuffin

Smash Apprentice
I believe ESRB (the company/employees) have nothing to do with the leak. Here's what happened. Some Nintendo gophers who are tasked with the grunt work of putting together the review DVD for ESRB snapped the pictures. The ESRB0083 merely indicates what the content was being used for so that video/image could be identified easily instead of an uninformative "Player 1".

Example: Video file #83 for the DVD project is underway. Nintendo employee uses "ESRB0083" as the name. This name then appears on most menus and gameplay, helping to identify the media when they later review their work and compile it onto the disc.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I believe ESRB (the company/employees) have nothing to do with the leak. Here's what happened. Some Nintendo gophers who are tasked with the grunt work of putting together the review DVD for ESRB snapped the pictures. The ESRB0083 merely indicates what the content was being used for so that video/images could be identified easily instead of an uninformative "Player 1".

Example: Video file #83 for the DVD project is underway. Nintendo employee uses "ESRB0083" as the name. This name then appears on most menus and gameplay, helping to identify the media when they later compile it onto the disc.
More than likely something like this happened. They were probably in the position like Maximilian said, they were already on their way out of the company so why not

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
As I said before, I think we have seen the final retail roster, assuming this leak is legit.

Really, this leak will be ridiculously easy to prove/disprove, considering any new veterans/newcomers that get unveiled will have to match what is seen in the leak.

Secondly, there is a vast slew of stages in the stage leak that have not been confirmed yet.

Really, if the leak is legit, Sakurai's hands are basically tied in terms of trying to not prove it is actually legit.

Hopefully, we get something tonight that will actually move things forward. Really, the big development this week was the leaks and the de-confirmation of Ghirahim (though I was never expecting him anyway).

Who knows what next week will bring? Personally, I think next week or the first week or September will bring about a Nintendo Direct focused on Smash 4 3DS. We are certainly overdue for another newcomer trailer though.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
I believe ESRB (the company/employees) have nothing to do with the leak. Here's what happened. Some Nintendo gophers who are tasked with the grunt work of putting together the review DVD for ESRB snapped the pictures. The ESRB0083 merely indicates what the content was being used for so that video/image could be identified easily instead of an uninformative "Player 1".

Example: Video file #83 for the DVD project is underway. Nintendo employee uses "ESRB0083" as the name. This name then appears on most menus and gameplay, helping to identify the media when they later review their work and compile it onto the disc.
Yes, people are slowly swaying towards that being a more plausible answer. You're most likely correct

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
As I said before, I think we have seen the final retail roster, assuming this leak is legit.

Really, this leak will be ridiculously easy to prove/disprove, considering any new veterans/newcomers that get unveiled will have to match what is seen in the leak.

Secondly, there is a vast slew of stages in the stage leak that have not been confirmed yet.

Really, if the leak is legit, Sakurai's hands are basically tied in terms of trying to not prove it is actually legit.

Hopefully, we get something tonight that will actually move things forward. Really, the big development this week was the leaks and the de-confirmation of Ghirahim (though I was never expecting him anyway).

Who knows what next week will bring? Personally, I think next week or the first week or September will bring about a Nintendo Direct focused on Smash 4 3DS. We are certainly overdue for another newcomer trailer though.
I agree, tonight will either be huge or it will be small. We'll have to see its gonna happen any second now

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I believe he already admitted to faking the victory screen.
Well, we can't really claim that the 4chan leak and this are not connected though. The Ganondorf picture used in MasterLinkX's photos ties it into the 4chan leak because it looks like it's the picture used for Ganondorf's css photo. If the one is fake then the other one is p, and if MasterLinkX is involved with one he is probably involved with the other.
I don't actually see anything that contradicts MasterLinkX's story, except maybe him saying he spent 50 hours on it seeming a bit much. If his story is accurate, he doesn't need to prove or disprove Shulk, since he knows 100% that he's in, so it wouldn't matter. What he would be attempting to do is help out a friend. In EITHER case, 50 hours seems like a stretch, but whether he's helping a friend or making something up completely, he might be equally motivated.

You analysis brings up a bunch of questions. In particular the lighting error on the cheek. I don't see how it makes sense that he spent 50 hours on the fake, as WELL as making use of the brawl mods. That seems like a contradiction.

I'm all around confused, and I'm not sure how to progress in terms of adding this to the front page.
If the in-game photos are fake then MasterLink's statements that they are 'definitely, 100% real' are false. It also shows that he is lying when he talks about how he came across this leak. Finally, the question persists why that Ganondorf picture is used both in the pictures MasterLink provided and the 4chan's CSS. In other words, it breaks apart everything MasterLink has been claiming. Since MasterLink's photos and the 4chan's photos are connected through the Ganondorf picture, the in-game photos being fake also puts a big blow in the 4chan portion of the leak too.
Dammit. Wanted to write this earlier, but had to go to work.

Just noticed everyone is misunderstanding my big image I made and posted on tumblr. I did write it at 4am in the morning, so I could've been more specific with a few details.

The 3 images battle/victory images ARE REAL.
1 of them was MODIFIED to spell Disablad during the leak.
The ORIGINAL VERSION spells Disabled.

I did not put and edit together those screens using mods as many of you seem to think I did.

The Shulk image next to Metaknight and Luigi, IS REAL.
The Shulk screenshot is what I used and attempted to modify and put out to create contradictions towards the leaked images.

As you can see/already seen they look different and would confuse people AS IT DID.
But Anonymous posted the leaked images sooner than I thought before I could really start making all the fake edits on the other characters.

Hope this made it somewhat more clear on my part since all I see is confusion with my username and the large info image I made last night.

I will not post anything that the public hasn't already seen leaked. So don't ask for anything of the sort right now.
I summarize what you did pretty well:
Sorry, I was out.

I'm aware that the evidence conflicts with things like what MasterLink said, so my goal when when writing the post was to just have my evidence added to the list of things going against the leak. That would keep my opinion out of it.

However, now I guess for people to take it seriously I need to address how it conflicts with MasterLinkX

I'm going to go through what MasterLinkX claims, but it is really hard to phrase, so I'm going to call the leak that this thread is made to discuss Leak A and the 'leak' that MasterLinkX has supposedly constructed Leak B. MasterLinkX says he was aware of the leak beforehand and was planning to construct Leak B, a photoshop that makes Leak A look fake, from a mixture of various photos constructed together and then mixed, using photoshop, with the original Leak A. MasterLinkX could then claim that Leak A was fabricated from Leak B, as he planned to post Leak B before anyone else posted Leak A, thus making us think that Leak A is false when it supposedly isn't. However, he says that the real leaker unfortunately posted Leak A before masterlink finished with leak B, foiling his plan.

A detail that some of you may not know of is that MasterLinkX posted in the Shulk support thread that he spent 50 hours constructing Leak B.

What is off about this explanation is MasterLinkX's motive. He is a large supporter of Shulk, so it is strange that he would want to deceive everyone, specifically fellow Shulk supporters, into believing that this leak is fake when it isn't (according to him). His motivation would have to be really strong to place 50 hours of work into this, keeping in mind how long 50 hours of work really is.

A motive that makes more sense is that the motive he described was made up in order to help improve the leak's standing.

Let's look at some facts:
-MasterLinkX is skilled with photoshop
-MasterLinkX is a known Brawl Modder, having made several successful Brawl textures. http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=1499
-MasterLinkX was also the one to bring those three in-game images to our attention and is the only person I have seen to have claimed to have seen the gamefaqs thread and video they came from.
This places MasterLinkX as the most likely person to have done the fabrications I talk about in my analysis.

He has the brawl modding experience to replace Ike's model in-game so that he can take a picture of it, as well as the capability to use Brawl Box to move the bones around and make that superman pose. He has the photoshop experience to then make the described changes such as the Monado on Shulk's back (while in-game), the 'RED TEAM' text, the CSS on the bottom screen, and the red background behind Shulk. Finally, he is the one who linked us to these pics and the thread on gamefaqs, a thread which cannot be viewed.

What do you guys think about this? It doesn't feel right to be accusing another Smashboards user and Shulk supporter, but for the sake of truth I'm willing to look passed that.
Your post does not clear up anything because I understood what you were saying perfectly.

What if this misspelling was a crucial mistake with your photoshopping from the start, and now that it has been noticed, you are trying to eliminate it? Now that you have made all of these statements, blame comes down to you if the leak turns out fake. Of course you would want to assert that the leak is real now.

If it is fake you might want to come forward about it sooner than later, because we will ultimately know the answer in less than a month. I'll bet people would be more forgiving now than after debating about it for weeks. Of course, if you have nothing to do with this then just ignore this statement.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
In the heat of all this discussion maybe we should just chill at Miiverse and enjoy waiting for PotD....

NOPE NOPE MOPE

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
Oh really. You don't suppose it could be medium instead?
Nah, I think we've never got a medium info PotD for Friday, except when they showed of Mega Man's final smash after the direct, but even that I would consider small

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
Well, we can't really claim that the 4chan leak and this are not connected though. The Ganondorf picture used in MasterLinkX's photos ties it into the 4chan leak because it looks like it's the picture used for Ganondorf's css photo. If the one is fake then the other one is p, and if MasterLinkX is involved with one he is probably involved with the other.

If the in-game photos are fake then MasterLink's statements that they are 'definitely, 100% real' are false. It also shows that he is lying when he talks about how he came across this leak. Finally, the question persists why that Ganondorf picture is used both in the pictures MasterLink provided and the 4chan's CSS. In other words, it breaks apart everything MasterLink has been claiming. Since MasterLink's photos and the 4chan's photos are connected through the Ganondorf picture, the in-game photos being fake also puts a big blow in the 4chan portion of the leak too.

I summarize what you did pretty well:

Your post does not clear up anything because I understood what you were saying perfectly.

What if this misspelling was a crucial mistake with your photoshopping from the start, and now that it has been noticed, you are trying to eliminate it? Now that you have made all of these statements, blame comes down to you if the leak turns out fake. Of course you would want to assert that the leak is real now.

If it is fake you might want to come forward about it sooner than later, because we will ultimately know the answer in less than a month. I'll bet people would be more forgiving now than after debating about it for weeks. Of course, if you have nothing to do with this then just ignore this statement.
My spelling isn't that disablad, I can say that for sure.

Jackalmore

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jackal96
Warning Received
everyone's riding masterlinkx's **** while erico is making valid arguements

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Miiverse is going to break my F5 key >.> I just want to see something that points to the validity of this leak

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
How are we supposed to help, exactly? His points and theories are entirely valid, but if MasterlinkX doesn't wanna spill the beans then he won't. Not gonna get bent out of shape over it like you apparently are. Nah, just gonna enjoy this show while it lasts. Been a fun couple days on here.

Last edited:

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
MasterLinkX was one of the leakers (LOOK AT THE SECOND POST) so we're of course going to listen to him
EDIT: not that erico's wrong, he has valid points, but I think MasterLinkX has a little bit more of a following

Last edited:

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Gotta be honest, unless he shows the unedited pics or have someone creditable vouch for him, I can't believe a word he says.

CapnMuffin

Smash Apprentice

And now, for something completely different. This is the leak's "GameBoy Stage" icon, and a screen shot of Kirby's Dreamland. Basically the leak is claiming the revealed GameBoy Stage features this particular game... which makes sense now in hindsight because the POTD revealing it had a gray-scale-palette Kirby and King Dedede in it (Sakurai up to his clever hints again!)

So I find it pretty validating for the leak for two reasons.

1) If it's fake, they had to be clever enough to pick up on that hint.
2) Why bother making this particular image? First, they could have just used the POTD image and played it safe. But let's say they didn't and took a screen capture of Kirby's Dreamland. Look at how extremely similar the stage is to the actual game... yet there are very minor differences (no steps, door's more centered, clouds spaced a bit differently) that would be pointless to do for someone faking a tiny image like this.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853

And now, for something completely different.
On a similarly different note, how crazy would it be if it wasn't just Kirby's Dream Land portrayed on that stage? Super Mario Land, Pokemon Red/Blue, Link's Awakening, etc..

If this isn't the case, wasted opportunity.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
But then Kirby would have no dedicated stage on the 3DS... Which seems unlikely.
Sakurai should've thought about that before he put in a ton of Mario stages, eh?

Besides, haven't we agreed that that's probably not all the stages?

Last edited:

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Ok, I finally found something that will bring this leak to the ground. After looking the roster leak again, something caught my eye. Look at R.O.B. in the roster, and compare to this image.
Do you see the difference? In both versions of Brawl in every region, The japanese verson of R.O.B. has a light tan color as a default, while the US, which is grey, is an alt. So the leakers are kinda screwed now.

Last edited:

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
Gotta be honest, unless he shows the unedited pics or have someone creditable vouch for him, I can't believe a word he says.
Surprisingly I have posted the one with the "e" already on my tumblr.
I changed it last night, and no one noticed.

CapnMuffin

Smash Apprentice
Hrmm. Based on the other image from that, Ganondorf is still a clone. Is that true? That's honestly the only thing yet that can disappoint me.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I finally found something that will bring this leak to the ground. After looking the roster leak again, something caught my eye. Look at R.O.B. in the roster, and compare to this image.
Do you see the difference? In both versions of Brawl in every region, The japanese verson of R.O.B. is the default and the US the an alt. So the leakers are kinda screwed now.
Nothing to sneeze at, it's a minor detail that's probably a region thing.

CrimsonVallier

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KipVallier
3DS FC
3866-8291-8606
Do you see the difference? In both versions of Brawl in every region, The japanese verson of R.O.B. is the default and the US the an alt. So the leakers are kinda screwed now.
ummm that doesnt rule the leak that much really things can change remember Mario kart DS?

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman

Ah, fair enough. Hard to keep track of all the leak info everywhere.

I'm really curious now, does anyone knows what the text says next to the time. Can't tell if that's blurred out on purpose or if the image is indeed that crappy.

Last edited:

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby

I still find it odd that both Lucina and Shulk have the leaves around their 1st place sign when in Brawl, it was only for the person who got the last kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom