• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

closetkpopfan

Smash Rookie
If I were to break my leg, I wouldn't ask someone to drive over it because "the damage has been done". Right now, somewhere, someone is doing damage control. MasterLinkX does not want to make that job more difficult.
The problem with that is, someone obviously went against the "group" and posted the info to begin with, so why didn't that person just post the full roster? Are we to believe he had a sudden change of heart and decided not to reveal everything? I believe the leak, but the whole thing reeks of trolling to me and I won't be surprised at all if it's fake.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
If I were to break my leg, I wouldn't ask someone to drive over it because "the damage has been done". Right now, somewhere, someone is doing damage control. MasterLinkX does not want to make that job more difficult.

This is probably local play.
Didn't you say the Player mix up is only possible by online mode.

This seems well made though, I'm neutral on it. I find the screen leaks have a 60/40 chance of being right.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
I'm suspicious of why everyone else chose random. And would the servers even be up?
I'm just assuming here, but online play does need to be tested prior to release, so perhaps the servers aren't fully up like when the game is released, but more just to test and try to find bugs and such.

Edit: for the record I really don't think this is real. Why not just move the camera up and show the roster? Metal Sonic alt would be cool, but it seems silly how the video was taken

Last edited:

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Didn't you say the Player mix up is only possible by online mode.

This seems well made though, I'm neutral on it. I find the screen leaks have a 60/40 chance of being right.
The same scenario would apply to local play as well. People can drop out in local play.

The problem with that is, someone obviously went against the "group" and posted the info to begin with, so why didn't that person just post the full roster? Are we to believe he had a sudden change of heart and decided not to reveal everything? I believe the leak, but the whole thing reeks of trolling to me and I won't be surprised at all if it's fake.
*Shrugs* No idea. Fact is, clearly he didn't. Since we don't know the true scenario surrounding this, speculating as to what makes sense to leak/not leak is moot. Unless we know the circumstances, we cannot know what would make sense to leak.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
So do we believe that (if the leak is true) this is the full roster? Did something change? Because I'm inclined to believe that the leakers have not seen the full roster yet
Some do some don't.

I'm not 100% convinced because with the Palutena leak people were all like "If it were a fake which it's not, the creator would need to have a lot of free time, and be a really good modeler."
I guess that guy had a lot of free time, and was a really good modeler.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
So do we believe that (if the leak is true) this is the full roster? Did something change? Because I'm inclined to believe that the leakers have not seen the full roster yet
Impossible to know. Some argue that the ESRB MUST have seen the full roaster list, so this must be final. Some argue that as long as the ESRB sees the whole roster, the roster list itself need not be complete.

Perhaps the ESRB got a video of an evolving roster, and we only saw it near the end, but not the very end?

All we can do is speculate.

Some do some don't.

I'm not 100% convinced because with the Palutena leak people were all like "If it were a fake which it's not, the creator would need to have a lot of free time, and be a really good modeler."
I guess that guy had a lot of free time, and was a really good modeler.
Can you show me why we know for certain the Palutena leak was fake? I know the model doesn't match what's in game 100%, but it's pretty close. The leak happened ages ago (one of the very first leaks), I feel like some model changes could have been done in that time.

Last edited:

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
The font for "SONIC" looks a little different to me... It could just be the angle and quality.

The "?" Icon also seems to have shifted a little bit...

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Impossible to know. Some argue that the ESRB MUST have seen the full roaster list, so this must be final. Some argue that as long as the ESRB sees the whole roster, the roster list itself need not be complete.

Perhaps the ESRB got a video of an evolving roster, and we only saw it near the end, but not the very end?

All we can do is speculate.

Can you show me why we know for certain the Palutena leak was fake? I know the model doesn't match what's in game 100%, but it's pretty close. The leak happened ages ago (one of the very first leaks), I feel like some model changes could have been done in that time.
First, characters are probably number 1 priority in a game. They've probably been done for a long time, not including clones. The models for both Palutena AND Mario are way off.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
The font for "SONIC" looks a little different to me... It could just be the angle and quality.

The "?" Icon also seems to have shifted a little bit...
There's definitely way more space between the letters.

Last edited:

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
There's definitely way more space between the letters.
The spacing of the question mark also looks like it's a bit more centered, but this is also a different mode...

For the record, I actually believe this is real. I just feel obligated by some higher smash power to consider and expose any inconsistency or counterpoint!

Last edited:

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
First, characters are probably number 1 priority in a game. They've probably been done for a long time, not including clones. The models for both Palutena AND Mario are way off.
We knew the model for Mario was off when we first saw the leak. At that point we just assumed the leak was for a while earlier and that the Mario model had changed. Why didn't we assume that for Palutena?

And I'd imagine the models undergo constant revisions, at least for the first while.

Regardless, this isn't about the Palutena leak, so I'm going to move on.

Last edited:

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
The faces are 100% different. Her revealed face is a lot flatter and simplistic looking. However its completely possible they toned down the detail on the character models later on to make the game run smoother. Almost every beta in history changes character models every once in a while. BUT that's only a possibility.

Generally smash bros models stay the same though since their reveal trailers.

Last edited:

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
The faces are 100% different. Her revealed face is a lot flatter and simplistic looking. However its completely possible they toned down the detail on the character models later on to make the game run smoother. Almost every beta in history changes character models every once in a while. BUT that's only a possibility.

Generally smash bros models stay the same though since their reveal trailers.
So you are saying that it's PROBABLY fake. Which is what I thought. We'll never actually know 100%.

Anywho, Metal Sonic seems cool.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
So the people who bought Smash 3DS can't have all the planned characters in the release because Nintendo decided to release Smash Wii U later? Sounds like bull**** to me. If I am buying the game, I want all characters in the day I bought it, not months later. They need to find a way to promote Smash Wii U without hindering the potential and experience of Smash 3DS (though they have already done that by limiting the music selection).
Don't get upset with our probably false theories. The facts that Sakurai have stated is they staggered the release dates so they could put their entire balancing/bug testing teams on each game one at a time, not for sales reasons or to produce DLC. That's all we know for sure.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Mind that this Metal Sonic leak seems to come from Nintendo of Europe, according to the video's description.

There may be some differences between the American and European versions of the game.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
Mind that this Metal Sonic leak seems to come from Nintendo of Europe, according to the video's description.

There may be some differences between the American and European versions of the game.
True! Just like how US is P1 and Japan is 1P. Important things to consider.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Quoting from the UK English Smash site:
Note: Video footage and screenshots displayed throughout this site are taken from the North American version of the game.
In-game terms may differ in the final European release.
This exact same statement appears on the other European sites, translated.

Brawl also had some slight differences regarding interface between NA and EU versions. Stage names on the NA version are written in CAPS, but normally on the European version.

Last edited:

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
So you are saying that it's PROBABLY fake. Which is what I thought. We'll never actually know 100%.

Anywho, Metal Sonic seems cool.
Ehhh probably yes. But its still possible they made a new model later. It's a slim chance since if you watch the SSB and SSB4 trailers the models usually don't change at all. The weirdest thin is if you look here: http://i.imgur.com/SjH0yXM.png Palutena has a mario star on her belt thing. But the final design lacks that: http://www.smashbros.com/images/og/palutena.jpg

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
Sweet new leak. Thanks for posting.

Real or not, I hope people keep releasing these leaks or really good fakes. It's exciting to get something.

Glad to see video too!

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Ehhh probably yes. But its still possible they made a new model later. It's a slim chance since if you watch the SSB and SSB4 trailers the models usually don't change at all. The weirdest thin is if you look here: http://i.imgur.com/SjH0yXM.png Palutena has a mario star on her belt thing. But the final design lacks that: http://www.smashbros.com/images/og/palutena.jpg
Yes, but at the time of the leak we were very far from getting an actual trailer with Palutena, so the "model lock" wouldn't have happened yet.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. Something's off about the metal sonic thing. The sounds namely. Usually you can hear shifting of the person or button tapping. It just sounds like they took this song and changed it in audacity to lower the quality. Like they tried to make it seem like sound was coming from the 3ds by adding the music but that makes it seem a bit empty... Not to mention its kinda weird sonic's normal colors aren't seen. I was under the impression costumes were just part of the color rotation like Villager and Project M costumes.

Gonna be very wary of that one...

Last edited:

HAEJIN

Smash Apprentice
About this new leak:

I don't believe the leaker (in case he faked it) would forget something so important and obvious as P3 comes before P4. And a Double Bluff is EXTREMELY risky thing to do. So I'm not entirely saying is real. But I'm leaning towards real on this one.

And P4 coming before P3 is probably leaker is playing with other people via local play or wifi and for some reason P4 came before P3, like P3 DCed and came back later or something frrom the likes (you can see "selecting" written at the bottom for P1/P2/P3/P4, so it kinda gets the point straight that he's playing with other peoples)

Last edited:

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
Yes, but at the time of the leak we were very far from getting an actual trailer with Palutena, so the "model lock" wouldn't have happened yet.
It could go both ways. Pit was already sharing her current face design. His face isn't usually that flat looking either in Uprising. There's some stuff against but there's a chaaaance that was an early higher detail beta model. I think comparing her stances to the revealed character's stances is the best way to know the truth. Changing a rig is unlikely since its very tedious.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Hmm. Something's off about the metal sonic thing. The sounds namely. Usually you can hear shifting of the person or button tapping. It just sounds like they took this song and changed it in audacity to lower the quality. Like they tried to make it seem like sound was coming from the 3ds by adding the music but that makes it seem a bit empty... Not to mention its kinda weird sonic's normal colors aren't seen. I was under the impression costumes were just part of the color rotation like Villager and Project M costumes.

Gonna be very wary of that one...
There is a "colour forward" and "colour backward" button. It's possible we saw the last metal sonic colour first.

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
That is a very good point, and wouldn't he lose his job by revealing all this?
Especially because it'd be traced so easily. The ESRB knows what screens they were sent, and they know which three people saw them.

The ESRB part has to be fake; it's simply unbelievable that one of them would be so stupid. Which means, at the very minimum, the ESRB part of the character screen is either edited or a setup. Which means the same could go for anything else, even if parts of this are insider information.

HAEJIN

Smash Apprentice
Only thing I find weird is Metal Sonic considered as an ALT and Dark Pit as an entirely new character.

In which I believe Metal Sonic has enough differences from Sonic to be considered his own character, and as for Dark Pit. Meh I didn't really play KI:U So I don't have anything to say.

Last edited:

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
People say it's fake cause "metal sonic is so different he would be a clone not an alt."

Stupid argument. Mainly because that would mean metal sonic is an additional 3rd party character.

It's an alt. Anything of "well MS would be a clone if this is real" is a dumb argument for it being

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Only thing I find weird is Metal Sonic considered as an ALT and Dark Pit as an entirely new character.

In which I believe Metal Sonic has enough differences from Sonic to be considered his own character, and as for Dark Pit. Meh I didn't really play KI:U So I don't have anything to say.
My guess here is that Sonic is a special case, since he's a third party character and, honestly, I don't expect third parties to get more than one character.

People say it's fake cause "metal sonic is so different he would be a clone not an alt."

Stupid argument. Mainly because that would mean metal sonic is an additional 3rd party character.

It's an alt. Anything of "well MS would be a clone if this is real" is a dumb argument for it being
That's a good point. I don't think we will get any extra characters for third party franchises so adding characters as alts would be a good way to avoid that. Megaman should get a Protoman alt.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
That's a good point. I don't think we will get any extra characters for third party franchises so adding characters as alts would be a good way to avoid that. Megaman should get a Protoman alt.
And Pac-man can get Mrs. Pacman, or a different version of Pacman

HAEJIN

Smash Apprentice

Well that's true. My bad.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
I think the real question here is whether or not these costumes will be available from the start or unlockable. I personally hope that they're unlockable with specific criteria (not like some trophies and other things you can stumble upon). Like complete classic mode in under X amount of time with ZSS to get her alternate, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom