• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

POLL: Vote for your preferred Smash Bros DLC choices!

Who would you like to see as DLC for Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U?

• Ice Climbers

Votes: 362 37.6%
  • Lucas

Votes: 379 39.4%
  • Wolf

Votes: 475 49.3%
  • Snake

Votes: 327 34.0%
  • Roy

Votes: 208 21.6%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 168 17.4%
  • Ivysaur

• Pichu

Votes: 112 11.6%
  • King K.Rool (Donkey Kong)

Votes: 411 42.7%
  • Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)

Votes: 293 30.4%
  • Isaac (Golden Sun)

Votes: 350 36.3%
  • Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101)

Votes: 184 19.1%
  • Inkling (Splatoon)

Votes: 240 24.9%
  • Impa (The Legend of Zelda)

Votes: 230 23.9%
  • Tetra (The Legend of Zelda)

Votes: 112 11.6%
  • Captain Toad (Super Mario Bros)

Votes: 182 18.9%
  • Paper Mario (Paper Mario/Super Mario Bros)

Votes: 165 17.1%
  • Krystal (Star Fox)

Votes: 208 21.6%
  • Black Shadow (F-Zero)

Votes: 117 12.1%
  • Medusa (Kid Icarus)

Votes: 104 10.8%
  • Hades (Kid Icarus)

Votes: 108 11.2%
  • Bandanna Dee (Kirby)

Votes: 246 25.5%
  • Chorus Men (Rhythm Heaven)

Votes: 179 18.6%
  • Ray Mk (Custom Robo)

Votes: 113 11.7%
  • Andy (Advance Wars)

Votes: 115 11.9%
  • Chibi Robo (Chibi Robo!)

Votes: 128 13.3%
  • Kamek (Yoshi)

Votes: 93 9.7%
  • Lip (Panel De Pon)

Votes: 118 12.3%
  • Mach Rider (Mach Rider)

Votes: 109 11.3%
  • Reyn (Xenoblade Chronicles)

Votes: 77 8.0%
  • Rayman (Rayman)

Votes: 200 20.8%
  • Bayonetta (Bayonetta)

• Professor Layton (Professor Layton)

Votes: 124 12.9%
  • Bomberman (Bomberman)

Votes: 153 15.9%
  • 4th Mii Fighter Archetype

Votes: 154 16.0%
  • Other...(character not on this list)

Votes: 331 34.4%

• Total voters

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
#PikachuWillAlsoBeAPokeballPokemonByThatLogic #ItsTimeToLetItGoHesJustNotPlayable #IGuessWeMightAsWellAlsoAddChromTakamaruWaluigiGhirahimEtc
Because chrom, waluigi and takamaru totally have clones that are separate from them, yep

There's also a difference between pikachu and ridley as super metroid ridley looks completely different from other m while every pikachu looks almost exactly the same

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Because chrom, waluigi and takamaru totally have clones that are separate from them, yep
Because Chrom, Waluigi, Takamaru, and Ridley all have roles in the game whereby there are called Chrom, Waluigi, Takamaru, and Ridley. Different Links are referred to separately, Other M Ridley isn't called "clone Ridley" in Smash. We already have Ridley in a role, and Meta-Ridley, and including him on the poll logically should provide no reason not to include other characters that already have roles as well.

There's a reason Scoliosis didn't include him.

There's also a difference between pikachu and ridley as super metroid ridley looks completely different from other m while every pikachu looks almost exactly the same
That doesn't matter, by the logic of there being multiple Ridleys there also could be multiple Pikachus. Looking different would help, but it's not like it's a necessity.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Because Chrom, Waluigi, Takamaru, and Ridley all have roles in the game whereby there are called Chrom, Waluigi, Takamaru, and Ridley. Different Links are referred to separately, Other M Ridley isn't called "clone Ridley" in Smash. We already have Ridley in a role, and Meta-Ridley, and including him on the poll logically should provide no reason not to include other characters that already have roles as well.

There's a reason Scoliosis didn't include him.

That doesn't matter, by the logic of there being multiple Ridleys there also could be multiple Pikachus. Looking different would help, but it's not like it's a necessity.
I don't see why it matters unless other m ridley were to appear on the character select, rename the other m trophy to "Ridley (Boss)" and problem solved

It's not like link and toon link who are both playable and thus need to have separate names

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
At this point of time the top 10 characters on this list are:
Wolf 53.7%
King K.Rool 47.1%
Lucus 43.3%
Ice Climbers 40.4%
Isaac 38.6%
Snake 35.1%
Dixie Kong 31.9%
Bandanna Dee 27.7%
Impa 25.5%
Inkling 22.5%

Now for my opinions on the list:
While I wouldn't get offended of Wolf or Lucus came back, they were my least played characters in Brawl so I can't say I holding out for them either.

I never played the Rare DKC games growing up so K.Rool does nothing for me, that and I think Dixie is a better 3rd pick for a DKC rep.

I think Ice Climbers should be higher than Lucus/Wolf but I guess most people have lost hope that they will return (the same as Snake).

I've never played Golden Sun and nothing about Isaac stands out to me so... Meh (although I get why GS fans would want a playable rep)

Bandanna Dee as a playable character has grown on me recently but he isn't one of my most wanted characters.

I want Groose as a 6th Zelda rep, but I can see why Impa has become such a popular character in the Zelda universe as of late (especially her Skyward Sword/Hyrule Warriors incarnations).

I've gushed far to much about why I want the Inklings in lately, so I'll just say I want them a lot.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Adding ice Climbers to the list, while meaningless as they WERE going to be in, just couldnt be, is not really relevant, but its nice to see a lot of people DO want them back.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Why are people still doubting captain toad's importance? He has his own game, has appeared in 3 main series mario game AND to top that he's a toad, one of the most recognizable and loved characters in gaming
Personal bias? At least he wasn't a veteran that was outright replaced by a character that fulfills the exact same niche, being never planned to come back. And frankly, Young Link and Toon Link might as well be the same character, IMO.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
You know what? They are the same character, a young link
Essentially, yes. Both were added to the roster to fulfill the same purpose; Toon Link is essentially Young Link 2.0. With him around, there's not much of a need for Young Link.

In other words...

0:28

:troll:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Why can't Young Link be in for a different sole purpose though and not filling in a 2nd Link, like being added to advertise MM3D.
But is that necessary? I mean, do we really need to spend DLC time on making a third Link into a unique character for the sole purpose of advertising one new (well, remake) game? Why not use that same time to develop a character with more popularity and overall importance?

This kind of ties back to my Mewtwo/Sceptile comparison again. If they just wanted to advertise the latest game/remake, why not go with Sceptile for a DLC character? He's prominent in those remakes, is popular, and has unique potential, so why not? But in the end, they went with Mewtwo instead, a character that, while not as prominent in the absolute latest game, is more important to the series overall and is much more popular than Sceptile. If they didn't go for a character like Sceptile, what makes you think they would go for Young Link, especially considering that this is a character that Sakurai had already decided to replace in Smash?

(By the way, Sceptile's not on this poll either, I noticed. In my opinion, that's as it should be.)

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
If Masked Link is going to have transformations, it may not be possible since they've removed such mechanic. They would have to come up with another moveset for Masked Link. Even then, a 2nd Link spot has already been fulfilled, and we'd be on to a 3rd spot if we thinking about adding another Link.

Why can't there be a "3rd Link (Young Link, Masked Link, ALttP/ALBW/Classic, etc.)" option? I suppose it doesn't make that much sense considering we have "Other", but, if you want to be more specific, there's always that option. Not that I think we'd get a third Link... it's just that some people can't make up their mind on which Link they want (again, there's always the "Other" option).

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Young Link does have importance, like huge importance, even more so than Sceptile (Like I said he has two of the most critically acclaimed Zelda games, OoT and MM, to back him up) and has more of a better case than Inklings, Lip, and Ray MK combined.

And I'm not gonna bring up popularity since I know that's a relatively minor factor in most cases.

In the end, it's just your opinion, and Scoliosis's opinion is preventing YL being added to the next upcoming poll, which isn't fair, because I still find him a viable contender and he should be up there as a choice to choose.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Young Link does have importance, like huge importance, even more so than Sceptile (Like I said he has two of the most critically acclaimed Zelda games, OoT and MM, to back him up) and has more of a better case than Inklings, Lip, and Ray MK combined.

And I'm not gonna bring up popularity since I know that's a relatively minor factor in most cases.

In the end, it's just your opinion, and Scoliosis's opinion is preventing YL being added to the next upcoming poll, which isn't fair, because I still find him a viable contender and he should be up there as a choice to choose.
Just because he isn't on the poll doesn't mean he's not a viable contender. It just means he's not a very notable one.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Why isn't Ridley and Style Savvy Stylist on the Poll?

Ridley is just one size away from being playable while Style Savvy Stylist got some nice content in Smash 4.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
My "other" choice is Hawlucha. Like CJ said, we already have "enough" Pokemon characters, but Rey Mysterio bird will always hold a place in my heart. Otherwise, there's only one other choice for me...

AWWWW HELL YEAHHHH!

Who would be better than this? No one. 'Cause I'll tell you something, son, when you step into this ring through these ropes, he'll open up a can of whoop ***. It doesn't matter who it is, Mario, King Dedede, Fox, Zelda, etc. He'll stomp a mudhole in you then walk it dry and THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE, 'CAUSE STONE COLD SAID SO.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
My votes went to Wolf, Captain Toad, and Rayman.

:wolf:Between Melee and Brawl, Starfox got three new games on the GameCube, enough to justify a third rep in Brawl. But later, Starfox became a dormant franchise, with only a 3DS remake of the 64 version. The lack of relevance of the series compared to the pre-Brawl era and the fact that Wolf was in concept a derivative of the other Starfox reps as a Smash fighter justified the cut... but the series is planed to an actual awakening for the next year and cutting a character from and franchise near to the end of its hiatus is a wrong move IMO. I'm not mad about Wolf being cut, actually I don't mind the Brawl cuts, but cutting Wolf for SSB4 seems to be bad advertising for his series. Hopefully he will be back as DLC with unchanged A-moves and a Brawl-to-SSB4 Pit-level overhaul for the special moves. And a NEW FINAL SMASH, of course.

As much as I dislike the idea of Toad being a playable character in Smash I actually would like to see Captain Toad. He fits pretty much every criteria to be a playable newcomer in Smash, being a recent, notable character with a lot of source material strongly associated to him that could be used to give him a unique moveset, and as a playable Toad in Smash he would be a much better idea than a Toad with a potpourri of stuff from a lot of different Mario games as a moveset (Mario Luigi and Peach are already more or less that and don't forget those countless Mario items). I already imagine Captain Toad with a unique gimmick with his backpack: he could have an attacking special move consisting of an item to throw like a diamond or a star, chosen similarly to Shulk's Monado arts, then he becomes lighter and faster, but unable to use a Smash attack implying this item, until it regenerates automatically (credits for this idea don't belong to me). Even though I don't like the idea of just a Toad as a fighter in Smash (as I already explained) I can understand why people want him and Captain Toad is the best way to add a playable Toad in Smash IMO.

My first own console was a Nintendo 64, and I remember five major games from my childhood on this console: Super Mario 64; Donkey Kong 64; The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time; Pokémon Stadium; Rayman 2: The Great Escape. So yeah, Rayman is one of my childhood heroes, alongside Mario, Link, Donkey and Diddy Kong, and arguably Pikachu. When it comes from unbiased arguments... well, I think that he has a shot, but I'm not exactly sure about his merits. For the goods, Rayman games still release on Nintendo consoles, himself is arguably one of the most recognizable video game characters thanks to his unique design, and his trophy appearance on the Wii U version helps a lot. On the bad... well, his ties with Nintendo aren't the strongest (the first game wasn't even released on a Nintendo console and the last games were not Nintendo exclusives, even though Legends was supposed to be one), and I'm not sure about him being at the same level as Sonic or Mega Man when it comes to general videogame icon status. The trophy on the Wii U version was here probably because of the Mario and Luigi costumes in Rayman Legends, or maybe because Sakurai thought that he was iconic enough to appear in Super Smash Bros. but as just a trophy due to not being as popular as Sonic and Mega Man. Anyway I'm glad that he's the most wanted non-Nintendo character on this list, just above Bayonetta (though I'm not sure about her at this point, did Nintendo bought the IP or it just publishes Bayonetta 2?)

Honorable mention for the 4th Mii Fighter archetype. I didn't vote for them, but now that I'm writting this post I realize that I want a magician Mii. At first I was pretty much indifferent to the Mii fighters, but now that I created a few ones I love this feature. I already created an Hitmonlee mii :106: a Magikarp mii :129: and even a Mii based on my cat! But I would like to create some Miis from characters like Harry Potter and none of the archetypes fit those kind of characters... maybe the gunner somewhat fits them, because blasts of energy are the closest thing to magic I guess.

Even though I supported Isaac for SSB4 before the reveal of the final roster I'm not feeling that he's really needed anymore. Sure, he has awesome moveset potential, but the Smash 4 newcomers prove that recency and coming from games with good reception is a huge deal unless you're a guest star or you're a retro who represents an important part of Nintendo. With Dark Dawn being a disappointment compared to the GBA titles it finally was irrelevant. I wouldn't mind him being a DLC character, but when I try to analyse the Smash 4 newcomer selection I feel that he would be too much of an oddball after all so I don't really care about him anymore. Though I would probably still support him if he was one of my childhood heroes, but he's not :p

Last edited:

theenlightenedone

Smash Apprentice
Who else could represent Paper Mario except Paper Mario, Peach, Luigi (Mr. L), or Bowser? Also you should be the smash representative from Project Codename S.T.E.A.M.?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Who else could represent Paper Mario except Paper Mario, Peach, Luigi (Mr. L), or Bowser? Also you should be the smash representative from Project Codename S.T.E.A.M.?
I'd say Paper Mario is all we'd get. I could see Fleming as the S.T.E.A.M. character.

theenlightenedone

Smash Apprentice
I'd say Paper Mario is all we'd get. I could see Fleming as the S.T.E.A.M. character.
I have thought about it and also see Fleming as the choice. Who do you see as the Laguez rep from Fire Emblem. Also in your next poll would add those characters I previously mentioned? Also how and when was Kamek reconfirmed?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I have thought about it and also see Fleming as the choice. Who do you see as the Laguez rep from Fire Emblem. Also in your next poll would add those characters I previously mentioned? Also how and when was Kamek reconfirmed?
Laguez rep?

Personally I don't see us getting another Fire Emblem rep, since we already have four.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Who do you see as the Laguez rep from Fire Emblem.
Why a Laguz of all things?

If you're going for variety in Fire Emblem, why not either Spear or Axe Users, Manaketes or Mounted Units?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I like Reyn and all, but really, he was not the correct Xenoblade rep to include on this list.

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
Paper Mario would be a Mario clone, we already have Dr. Mario and too many Mario reps.

theenlightenedone

Smash Apprentice
Laguez rep?

Personally I don't see us getting another Fire Emblem rep, since we already have four.
Why a Laguz of all things?

If you're going for variety in Fire Emblem, why not either Spear or Axe Users, Manaketes or Mounted Units?
A laguez rep because to me they represent the last of the three major aspects of that game being Weapon wielders (sword guys), Sorcerers (Robin), and Laguez (???), Also if Manaketes are the guys who ride Dragons then I would be ok with one of those but to me the next rep should be a Laguez and was wondering who you guys think it should be? Maybe Ranulf?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
A laguez rep because to me they represent the last of the three major aspects of that game being Weapon wielders (sword guys), Sorcerers (Robin), and Laguez (???), Also if Manaketes are the guys who ride Dragons then I would be ok with one of those but to me the next rep should be a Laguez and was wondering who you guys think it should be? Maybe Ranulf?
You don't even know what Manaketes are?

How many FE games have you played? Laguz only appear in two. They are not major players in the series. Only in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.

Last edited:

theenlightenedone

Smash Apprentice
You don't even know what Manaketes are?

How many FE games have you played? Laguz only appear in two. They are not major players in the series. Only in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.
Those are the two I have played and also manaketes are the guys that ride on dragons right?
Also what about a paper mario rep who isn't just the paper version of an already represented character? Also don't you guys think the Pixls should be an Assist Trophy. Also Don't you guys think that Advanced Wars should get a representative like maybe Andy before Project Codename S.T.E.A.M. get its representative with Fleming? Lastly don't you guys think Ray (Custom Robo) is just as deserving to get in the game as Isaac is?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Those are the two I have played and also manaketes are the guys that ride on dragons right?
Manaketes are a race of people that turn into divine dragons. Functionally they are similar to laguz but they are 10 times more important to the plot, appearing in most FE games.

Tiki is the most notable one, appearing in 5 games, two of them being remakes.

You should do some research before claiming things are likely.

Last edited:

theenlightenedone

Smash Apprentice
Manaketes are a race of people that turn into divine dragons. Functionally they are similar to laguz but they are 10 times more important to the plot, appearing in most FE games.

Tiki is the most notable one, appearing in 5 games, two of them being remakes.

You should do some research before claiming things are likely.
Oh I thought when playing the game that manaketes were the same as laguz since they all transformed onto creatures my bad.

LawofDeath

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LawofDe4th
3DS FC
3480-3867-8012
Kamek was revealed as a Stage Hazzard in the Mushroom Kingdom U stage on the Wii U version and as a Smash Run enemy on the 3DS version
Kamek is definitely a stage hazard in Wii U, but the smash run enemies could just be magikoopas?

Paper Mario would be a Mario clone, we already have Dr. Mario and too many Mario reps.
Not at all. Paper mario can have a variety of different, original moveset.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Almost the whole list accually

For others are the following

Viridi (hey why not duck hunt dog saved the characters seen in the backgrounds of stages and plus she would complete the trio of main kid icarus characters) (aka for the duck hunt thing both the playable and a stage element on one stage at the same time)

Ridley (its still possible for the super metroid version also to confess my feelings are neutral on ridleys inclusion the whole time threw the series yes i like ridley but not overhype for ridley)

Sceptile (yes the starter type triangle needs to be complete and plus can present for omega ruby and alpha sapphire.)

theenlightenedone

Smash Apprentice
Almost the whole list accually

For others are the following

Viridi (hey why not duck hunt dog saved the characters seen in the backgrounds of stages and plus she would complete the trio of main kid icarus characters) (aka for the duck hunt thing both the playable and a stage element on one stage at the same time)

Ridley (its still possible for the super metroid version also to confess my feelings are neutral on ridleys inclusion the whole time threw the series yes i like ridley but not overhype for ridley)

Sceptile (yes the starter type triangle needs to be complete and plus can present for omega ruby and alpha sapphire.)
I feel the same towards Sceptile and also he is the the most logical choice left. Also Don't understand what you meant in the first part. Lastly Ridley has been deconfirmed. Also whats your opinion on Sukapon? Also what about Andy from Advanced wars and Fleming from S.T.E.A.M.?

Kamek is definitely a stage hazard in Wii U, but the smash run enemies could just be magikoopas?

Not at all. Paper mario can have a variety of different, original moveset.
I think we need to agree upon a Paper Mario representative that is unique to that franchise. Not Paper Mario, Paper Luigi, Paper Peach, or Paper Bowser. Also don't you guys think the Pixls should be an assist trophy?

The Ice Climbers just need 51 more votes to break 300 and also I still don't get how you could vote for Wolf or Lucas but not the Ice Climbers.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I feel the same towards Sceptile and also he is the the most logical choice left. Also Don't understand what you meant in the first part. Lastly Ridley has been deconfirmed. Also whats your opinion on Sukapon? Also what about Andy from Advanced wars and Fleming from S.T.E.A.M.?

I think we need to agree upon a Paper Mario representative that is unique to that franchise. Not Paper Mario, Paper Luigi, Paper Peach, or Paper Bowser. Also don't you guys think the Pixls should be an assist trophy?

The Ice Climbers just need 51 more votes to break 300 and also I still don't get how you could vote for Wolf or Lucas but not the Ice Climbers.
Oh i forgot sukapon

Yea i would want that character i loved joy mech fight on the emulator

And the first part

I think viridi should be a dlc fighter

Because of the guidance showing how main she is and duck hunt dog prooved a playable character can be with the stage element version of them at the same time.

Top Bottom