• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

POLL: Vote for your preferred Smash Bros DLC choices!

Who would you like to see as DLC for Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U?

• Ice Climbers

Votes: 362 37.6%
  • Lucas

Votes: 379 39.4%
  • Wolf

Votes: 475 49.3%
  • Snake

Votes: 327 34.0%
  • Roy

Votes: 208 21.6%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 168 17.4%
  • Ivysaur

• Pichu

Votes: 112 11.6%
  • King K.Rool (Donkey Kong)

Votes: 411 42.7%
  • Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)

Votes: 293 30.4%
  • Isaac (Golden Sun)

Votes: 350 36.3%
  • Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101)

Votes: 184 19.1%
  • Inkling (Splatoon)

Votes: 240 24.9%
  • Impa (The Legend of Zelda)

Votes: 230 23.9%
  • Tetra (The Legend of Zelda)

Votes: 112 11.6%
  • Captain Toad (Super Mario Bros)

Votes: 182 18.9%
  • Paper Mario (Paper Mario/Super Mario Bros)

Votes: 165 17.1%
  • Krystal (Star Fox)

Votes: 208 21.6%
  • Black Shadow (F-Zero)

Votes: 117 12.1%
  • Medusa (Kid Icarus)

Votes: 104 10.8%
  • Hades (Kid Icarus)

Votes: 108 11.2%
  • Bandanna Dee (Kirby)

Votes: 246 25.5%
  • Chorus Men (Rhythm Heaven)

Votes: 179 18.6%
  • Ray Mk (Custom Robo)

Votes: 113 11.7%
  • Andy (Advance Wars)

Votes: 115 11.9%
  • Chibi Robo (Chibi Robo!)

Votes: 128 13.3%
  • Kamek (Yoshi)

Votes: 93 9.7%
  • Lip (Panel De Pon)

Votes: 118 12.3%
  • Mach Rider (Mach Rider)

Votes: 109 11.3%
  • Reyn (Xenoblade Chronicles)

Votes: 77 8.0%
  • Rayman (Rayman)

Votes: 200 20.8%
  • Bayonetta (Bayonetta)

• Professor Layton (Professor Layton)

Votes: 124 12.9%
  • Bomberman (Bomberman)

Votes: 153 15.9%
  • 4th Mii Fighter Archetype

Votes: 154 16.0%
  • Other...(character not on this list)

Votes: 331 34.4%

• Total voters

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
I don't even know what 8-player Smash has to do with a character already having a non-playable role in the game. If any of the characters had a separate role to begin with, then I could see what you're saying. But Little Mac isn't an AT anymore, and none of the other characters have some other role in the game besides playable. No playable character right now is an AT, or anything beyond that. So like I said, I don't get your point.
Because you can now have 8 of the same character on the screen at once. Why is it so ridiculous to bump that number to 9?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Because you can now have 8 of the same character on the screen at once. Why is it so ridiculous to bump that number to 9?
...What does that have to with anything?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
My vote went to Wolf. Once he's in every other character is extra. I also like Andy,but want Sami more.
Hey @ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones , quick question why isn't Sami on the list? I'm pretty sure she's wanted as much as Andy and was going to be in Project M until she was leaked.
Another character that isn't on this list that I want is pious from Eternal Darkness

I know his chances are low,but Nintendo does have to use the Eternal Darkness trademark soon or risk losing it, and DLC counts as using it, so Pious could be considered. (or at least Alexandra Roivas) Just a suggestion though if you make a new poll.
In case you want to know more about Pious,
Would also like John Raimi from Geist,but would be happy if he's an assist trophy and/or trophy and Geist music gets in.
Well lets hope for the best in regards to DLC.

Last edited:

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
...What does that have to with anything?
What is the problem with having a character be both playable and an assist, if not having 2 of the same character onscreen at once?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
What is the problem with having a character be both playable and an assist, if not having 2 of the same character onscreen at once?
Ok... What does that have to do with 8-Player Smash?

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
8-player smash means the possibility of 8 of the same character onscreen at once. Having a character be both playable and an assist means the possiblity of 9 of the same character onscreen at once, and I'm not sure why that's so awful.

D

Deleted member 269706

Is there any reason he should be?

I can understand why some people feel that we should include characters who already have a defined role in the game (Assist Trophy, Boss), as while it would be an issue for them to deal with (for a number of reasons), it's still technically a possibility. Chrom, though... Out of all the characters who already have a role in the game, he has the most presence in the game, by far. He's a Final Smash, he's in Robin's victory pose, he's a trophy, he's in Palutena's Guidance... The list goes on. He's so prominent in this game that removing him to make him playable would take more effort than any other Assist Trophy/Boss character. There's also the fact that Sakurai already rejected Chrom in favor of Robin due to not being unique enough, a fact that they make fun of in Palutena's Guidance. In order for Chrom to be DLC, Sakurai will have to change his opinion on Chrom, remove all traces of his non-playable status from the games, and believe that his inclusion is actually worth all that effort. In the end, Chrom is one of the least likely characters for DLC. He really doesn't have a place on this poll.
Dude, the thread is called "Vote for your PREFERRED Smash Bros DLC choices". Hell, did you even read the OP? Here's a reminder for ya...
PLEASE VOTE ON WHO YOU WANT TO SEE. WANT, not EXPECT!!!
I want to see Chrom, I know that he isn't gonna make it, but damn, don't shoot me down for wanting it. If this thread was the realistic DLC thread, I wouldn't have said anything, but this is just for the hell of it. Don't turn this thread into what it wasn't meant to be: Realistic.

Last edited by a moderator:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Dude, the thread is called "Vote for your PREFERRED Smash Bros DLC choices". Hell, did you even read the OP? Here's a reminder for ya...

I want to see Chrom, I know that he isn't gonna make it, but damn, don't shoot me down for wanting it. If this thread was the realistic DLC thread, I wouldn't have said anything, but this is just for the hell of it. Don't turn this thread into what it wasn't meant to be: Realistic.
Well, naturally you're free to want any character that is or isn't on this list. But we can't feasibly include every character that someone would like to see. So we include the most notable characters on the poll and leave the rest for the "other" section.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I also listed in the OP that characters who already had roles were not going to be included.

The choice of who you want was supposed to be from the list of characters from the poll.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
For some reason I haven't posted on this thread yet. Anyway here are my thoughts on the potential DLC characters.

NEWCOMERS

King K. Rool - Probably in my opinion the biggest and most notable character that hasn't been added to Smash yet. He is my #1 most wanted newcomer for Super Smash Bros. Offers a wide set of moveset potential such as his blunderbuss, krown, and helicopter pack plus he is a heavyweight character that is lacking in the roster. His trophy description mentions him being the equal to DK like Bowser is to Mario and that has a lot of meaning there. Meaning that K. Rool will always be relevant to the Donkey Kong Country series despite not appearing in Returns and Tropical Freeze. Another attribute of K. Rool is his different personalites. In DKC 1, he is in his default King look, DKC 2 featured K. Rool as a pirate kaptain (Kaptain K .Rool), DKC 3 had him as a mad scientist (Baron K. Roolenstein), and DK64 featured K. Rool in the final boss fight as a boxer (Krusha K. Rool). He can have four different palette swaps for each costume. Also, the DK series is in need of at least one newcomer (two in my mind). If Mario and Zelda can have their respective villains in Smash, why not Donkey Kong? Also to note, the head guy at Retro Studios, Michael Kelbaugh, has followed the Kremling Kampaign within the last month.

Dixie Kong - Dixie is another character from the DKC series that has starred in both DKC 2 and 3 back in the 90's. And now Tropical Freeze has reintroduced Dixie to the main series after Retro Studio's revival of the series. Dixie is currently my #2 most wanted character for Smash. She may not have the potential like K. Rool, but Dixie can be unique in her own way. Her ponytail is the biggest attribute for Dixie. She does a lot of things with the ponytail like attack with her hair and allowing her to slow her descent when falling. And also the bubblegun from Tropical Freeze and potentially her guitar too. Some think that Dixie could be a semi-clone of Diddy since the two are similar size, but I hope it won't be the case. I really believe that the DK series absolutely without question deserves two newcomers. Both K. Rool and Dixie are very well-known characters of their series. We've seen some of the other series in Smash complete their core cast. Mario has Mario, Luigi, Bowser, and Peach for their core cast and the Zelda series as well with Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, and Toon Link. It would be very satisfying to see DKC get their core cast in Smash with Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool, and Dixie Kong.

Isaac - Now to my #3 current most wanted newcomer, Isaac. Right here is an interesting case for Golden Sun's own Isaac. There was no sign of Isaac or Golden Sun content in the 3DS. No trophy or music. Not even the Isaac AT was found there on the 3DS. Now on the Wii U version, GS not only gets the Boss Scene/Final Boss theme back on Norfair, but it gets more content in another song found on Palutena's Temple as an unlockable track. Isaac was one of the best Assist Trophies in Brawl and has the potential to make the upgrade to playable character like Little Mac in this game. So far, there is no sign of Wii U exclusive ATs, which bodes well for Isaac. For his moveset (not that knowledge about his games), he wouldn't be just another swordsman character. He can use Psyenergy for his attacks and could be able to manipulate the ground and plants as a Venus adept. Golden Sun is a well-known series from the GBA era that deserves representation for a playable character.

VETERANS -

Wolf O'Donnell - I think the next veteran to be included for DLC could probably be Wolf. Wolf was a really good character in Brawl and was pretty unique compared to Fox and Falco. A lot of people think Wolf is a semi-clone, but I don't think he is at all. The only things he shares with Fox is the concept of his special moves and the Final Smash. Since Fox has Wolf's side special for one of his customs, they could give Wolf a new side special or try to tweak to make it different. Still baffling that Wolf didn't make the cut initially because I thought Sakurai liked Wolf and wanted to add him to Melee, but he didn't. Regardless, I think Wolf has a good chance since the new Star Fox game is coming within the next year or so some time and could help advertise the game.

Ice Climbers - Voted for these guys even though their chances for DLC is slim. It's hard to believe that they were working in the Wii U version just fine, but the 3DS led to them being cut. Pretty unique character and concept. Would like to see them back for those who were mains of the ICs. I didn't mind playing as them at times.

Lucas - I'm not that huge of a Mother fan, but I would like to see Lucas return. Ness does his PK Freeze for a custom special and it makes me wonder what they could do for Lucas. It probably would be best to try and differentiate Lucas from Ness some more. Mother does deserve two reps in Ness and Lucas.

Snake - The first 3rd party character to ever make it into Super Smash Bros. and opened the door for other third party characters such as Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man to get into Smash. A really unique and serious character that fit in a cool way with Nintendo characters. His moveset was especially unique and not much should be changed. Snake was a character that I enjoyed in Brawl and the codecs as well were fun and entertaining.

Last edited:

xenodroid

Smash Rookie
NNID
jackruth
3DS FC
5086-2531-5646
Isaac would be awesome, but I honestly don't see characters like Rayman or Kamek ever getting in.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Oh my God, that is very interesting, I knew Ridley shouldn't be counted out just yet, there is still hope.

If that is describing that Ridley as a clone of the real Ridley, then where is the real Ridley, you know that one from Brawl, this guy?

This is not the Ridley that appears on the Pyrosphere, in fact he has yet to appear in this game as of yet, so where is he?

Answer he's a trophy on the Wii U version only to like Mewtwo's trophy make us give up on him, then later on watch Ridley is revealed as a dlc character, I'm telling you he should of been part of this poll, and he is my top choice for Other as far as this poll goes.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Oh my God, that is very interesting, I knew Ridley shouldn't be counted out just yet, there is still hope.

If that is describing that Ridley as a clone of the real Ridley, then where is the real Ridley, you know that one from Brawl, this guy?

This is not the Ridley that appears on the Pyrosphere, in fact he has yet to appear in this game as of yet, so where is he?

Answer he's a trophy on the Wii U version only to like Mewtwo's trophy make us give up on him, then later on watch Ridley is revealed as a dlc character, I'm telling you he should of been part of this poll, and he is my top choice for Other as far as this poll goes.
That is a fan website. While the design is based on the clone Ridley from Other M, Nintendo just calls him Ridley in Smash.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Well hypothetically if they wanted to keep him secret for DLC, calling ridley, clone ridley or Ridley (Other M) is kind of obvious
Still, a fan website has no say on whether there will be a Ridley DLC. They wouldn't even know what DLC will come unless one is announced.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
When? Because almost everybody knows of Mewtwo...
Nintendo already announced Mewtwo DLC. We can't make assumptions Ridley will be DLC using a fan site as evidence. It would make more sense to use official Nintendo sources that may hint at one.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Goku just got confirmed for DLC, guys!

Someone on the Internet said it, it must be true.

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Here's the results of the poll so far:
upload_2014-11-17_19-23-27.png

Here's the top 5 veterans and newcomers.
Veterans:
  1. Wolf: 369 votes (52.9%)
  2. Lucas: 302 votes (43.3%)
  3. Ice Climbers: 285 votes (40.8%)
  4. Snake: 249 votes (35.7%)
  5. Roy: 148 votes (21.2%)
Newcomers:
  1. King K. Rool: 323 votes (46.3%)
  2. Isaac: 270 votes (38.7%)
  3. Dixie Kong: 227 votes (32.5%)
  4. A character not on this list: 213 votes (30.5%)
  5. Bandanna Dee: 187 votes (26.8%)

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Here's the results of the poll so far:
View attachment 30121

Here's the top 5 veterans and newcomers.
Veterans:
  1. Wolf: 369 votes (52.9%)
  2. Lucas: 302 votes (43.3%)
  3. Ice Climbers: 285 votes (40.8%)
  4. Snake: 249 votes (35.7%)
  5. Roy: 148 votes (21.2%)
Newcomers:
  1. King K. Rool: 323 votes (46.3%)
  2. Isaac: 270 votes (38.7%)
  3. Dixie Kong: 227 votes (32.5%)
  4. A character not on this list: 213 votes (30.5%)
  5. Bandanna Dee: 187 votes (26.8%)
I was looking forward to this! :) (And my Boy Roy's in the top five veterans!) King K.'s doing well too, and so is Isaac.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
People are taking this individual poll too seriously.

Your character didn't get in because that character had a role in game.

Big deal. It's his poll. His reasoning for it is unbiased and he's trying to be as respectful as possible.

Honestly, just let it go.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
People are taking this individual poll too seriously.

Your character didn't get in because that character had a role in game.

Big deal. It's his poll. His reasoning for it is unbiased and he's trying to be as respectful as possible.

Honestly, just let it go.
Remember that some character were choosen by poll.
The most popular get the ticket and for varius reason.

Is not for the polls or fans, Mewtwo would never got in as a DLC to pleased the Mewtwo fans or any Smash fan. And that why I take the poll a chance because, anyone will be watchings this and give it to sakurai.

I think this the reason why people are taking to serious. Even myself.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Remember that some character were choosen by poll.
The most popular get the ticket and for varius reason.

Is not for the polls or fans, Mewtwo would never got in as a DLC to pleased the Mewtwo fans or any Smash fan. And that why I take the poll a chance because, anyone will be watchings this and give it to sakurai.

I think this the reason why people are taking to serious. Even myself.
Sakurai won't care about a small poll now when Shortie's poll is right over there, provides hundreds of options and has been going on since 2012.

If they really care. They can use that instead.

Besides, there was no pool for this Smash game. We would have heard about it by now.

MrPhox

Tamed Beast
NNID
Mr.Phox
3DS FC
0318-7803-7610
Unfortunate news for us guys, apparently Sakurai isn't thinking about doing any more DLC for Smash after Mewtwo, or at least, not anytime soon.

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/nintendo-is-not-planning-on-releasing-more-smash-bros.-dlc#.VG0inDCJOuY
Not definitive IMO.

He basically gives a clear case that people WOULD like DLC. It is in the company's interest to WAIT a while and not announce anything just yet, to counter the perception that they are withholding. Mewtwo's already half a year off, they wouldn't announce any DLC further away than that because it doesn't help the hype machine. You gotta hang on to some secrets. They may not be WORKING on a character, but that doesn't mean they don't have a 'slot' allotted.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Unfortunate news for us guys, apparently Sakurai isn't thinking about doing any more DLC for Smash after Mewtwo, or at least, not anytime soon.

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/nintendo-is-not-planning-on-releasing-more-smash-bros.-dlc#.VG0inDCJOuY
I'm sure thought processes on DLC will change post release or Mewtwo gets all the monies. While they aren't planning anything more for now, I'm sure things will change at one point or another.

No matter what, I believe this poll is a good chance to look at what characters (out of who I believe is pleasantly plausible) are the most sought after.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Can I get a link to this Shortie's poll? I was under the impression that this was the only one out there.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Lip because she is and will always be my most wanted character for Super Smash Bros. I'm always hoping for Panel De Pon to get more representation, and nothing could be better than Lip as a fighter.

Dixie Kong because I feel the DK series is lacking in characters and she's a very nostalgic character to me. The Donkey Kong Country trilogy was a beloved part of my childhood.

Ice Climbers because I loved them to death and can't bear to see them be cut.

Snake because he's funny.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
I am happy with roster, but I want Stage DLC...9Volt would be a cool newcomer though!

D

Deleted member

It's probably just PR on Sakurai to prevent criticism of "he's taking away content from Smash to sell as DLC!", which wouldn't be true in the first place. I still expect significant DLC updates, even if I'd be personally okay with no more DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
I kinda want a pack with the Original 12, in their original N64 models and movesets (no side specials here!)

For my other character, I want Rundas as a dlc character caz he is a ice base fighter. Rundas might makes up the slot of ice climbers in the wii u and 3ds.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ridley is dead forever now due to sakurai confirmed to be a too bigot so theres a height limit for characters (not to small though)

So now its one of these 6 hopefully

And ofcoarse

As the most possible metroid reps if theres dlc.

Top Bottom