• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

POLL: Vote for your preferred Smash Bros DLC choices!

Who would you like to see as DLC for Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U?

• Ice Climbers

Votes: 362 37.6%
  • Lucas

Votes: 379 39.4%
  • Wolf

Votes: 475 49.3%
  • Snake

Votes: 327 34.0%
  • Roy

Votes: 208 21.6%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 168 17.4%
  • Ivysaur

• Pichu

Votes: 112 11.6%
  • King K.Rool (Donkey Kong)

Votes: 411 42.7%
  • Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)

Votes: 293 30.4%
  • Isaac (Golden Sun)

Votes: 350 36.3%
  • Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101)

Votes: 184 19.1%
  • Inkling (Splatoon)

Votes: 240 24.9%
  • Impa (The Legend of Zelda)

Votes: 230 23.9%
  • Tetra (The Legend of Zelda)

Votes: 112 11.6%
  • Captain Toad (Super Mario Bros)

Votes: 182 18.9%
  • Paper Mario (Paper Mario/Super Mario Bros)

Votes: 165 17.1%
  • Krystal (Star Fox)

Votes: 208 21.6%
  • Black Shadow (F-Zero)

Votes: 117 12.1%
  • Medusa (Kid Icarus)

Votes: 104 10.8%
  • Hades (Kid Icarus)

Votes: 108 11.2%
  • Bandanna Dee (Kirby)

Votes: 246 25.5%
  • Chorus Men (Rhythm Heaven)

Votes: 179 18.6%
  • Ray Mk (Custom Robo)

Votes: 113 11.7%
  • Andy (Advance Wars)

Votes: 115 11.9%
  • Chibi Robo (Chibi Robo!)

Votes: 128 13.3%
  • Kamek (Yoshi)

Votes: 93 9.7%
  • Lip (Panel De Pon)

Votes: 118 12.3%
  • Mach Rider (Mach Rider)

Votes: 109 11.3%
  • Reyn (Xenoblade Chronicles)

Votes: 77 8.0%
  • Rayman (Rayman)

Votes: 200 20.8%
  • Bayonetta (Bayonetta)

• Professor Layton (Professor Layton)

Votes: 124 12.9%
  • Bomberman (Bomberman)

Votes: 153 15.9%
  • 4th Mii Fighter Archetype

Votes: 154 16.0%
  • Other...(character not on this list)

Votes: 331 34.4%

• Total voters

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It's just a hunch I have. I feel like it's gonna be announced at E3 next year, you just watch
I still don't think any character who did not exist prior to Smash 4 will be DLC. Unless the DLC extends for a couple of years. So if they add a new Metroid U character, I still don't think suddenly we're going to get a new Metroid character. The only way I think that would happen is if its a returning character, such as Anthony Higgs or the Hunters from Prime Hunters.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Savvy Stylist, durr
Also Ridley

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Lucas Wolf K. Rool Dixie Isaac Wonder Red Inkling Professor Layton

Aaaand yep I'm good with that cast of characters ahahah~

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
My votes were: all veterans listed (Ice Climbers, Roy, Pichu, Lucas, Wolf, Ivysaur, Squirtle and Snake), as well as Dixie Kong and Inkling.

I don't believe all veterans will return, but I would be ecstatic if it happened. Lucas and Wolf are the ones I want the most.

Dixie Kong seems an interesting character and she was planned for Brawl, so I have a bit of curiosity when it comes to how would she be in Smash. As for the Inklings, they seem very interesting and I think Sakurai would make wonders with them.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I'm late to this thread post wise (I already voted) but I am definitely rooting for Isaac! He is the 2nd most demanded NEWCOMER after K. Rool on this poll as well :)

This guy needs to Smash!

I also voted for K. Rool, Wonder Red, Andy, Ray MK, Bayonetta! Reyn would be interesting for the laughs and there are other characters as well who could use some representation.

Isaac definitely first though!

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Why do people keep bringing up the chuckle****s from Metroid Prime Hunters
Nobody played Metroid Prime Hunters

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
so i guess k rool, isaac and dixie kong are the new smashboards hype 3, good that two of them are donkey kong character so that when sakurai looks at popular charcters he can't fontinue to ignore donkey kong

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I picked Lip, Bayonetta and Other.

For the Other character, what I really want to see is Wario with a moveset based on Warioland. He has absolutely nothing from that series of games which is a travesty in my opinion.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
so i guess k rool, isaac and dixie kong are the new smashboards hype 3, good that two of them are donkey kong character so that when sakurai looks at popular charcters he can't fontinue to ignore donkey kong
Keep in mind this is just a Smashboards poll. However, in general, all three are highly requested. There's not much they can go for new IP's right now beyond Golden Sun, Rhythm Heaven, and Advance Wars anyway. And for existing IP's, its basically just Donkey Kong and Star Fox. Far more for DK in general.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Forgot to vote for Wolf.

The others I voted for are.

Ice Climbers- They should be treated as staples although I understand why they were cut.
Roy- As DLC he makes perfect sense that'd wrap the series nicely.
Wonder Red- His game is an underrated gem and he'd be a perfect character for this game.
Medusa- I would have much preferred her as the clone instead of Dark Pit.
Bayonetta- Her games are the prime example of perfection.
Other- There are some unpopular characters I would love to see.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Why do people keep bringing up the chuckle****s from Metroid Prime Hunters
Nobody played Metroid Prime Hunters
I played Metroid Prime Hunters. Online. As Sylux. And as the Hunter that split in half to leave a turret on the map. Maybe that was Sylux. Maybe that was Weavel. I don't remember, but I do remember if you had a strong enough wrist to hold up your system, it was a really fun game that frankly could totally get a 3d remake.

OMNIKIDXXX

Smash Cadet
Voted for ice climbers, snake, king k. rool, dixie and crystal. Hearing IC got cut saddened as well as snake. Both characters with unique movesets and were so much fun to play.

Daniee

Smash Cadet
If they could just bring back Wolf, I'd be elated. I made sure to request him back when I filled out my Club Nintendo survey, heh.

Would love to see Dixie Kong, Snake, and Lucas as well.

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
I picked Tetra, Dixie, Cap. Toad, Kamek and Lucas.
I think I'm the only person who wants a tag-team with Kamek and Baby Bowser. A man can dream, right?

WaluigiWeegeeSteel

Smash Cadet
NNID
NewerLuigi
3DS FC
1934-0873-4422
I want Roy bad. Everyone from Brawl who got the boot, Issac, and a broken (mentally) character named Waluigi. Seriously Sakurai needs to actually listen to the fans and eliminate his assist trophy. Come on.
Haters gonna hate but Waluigi deserves it after those I put.

Last edited:

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
I meant to say that Kamek and Baby Bowser would work as one character, like Duck Hunt.

illeatyourself

Smash Rookie
Out of all of these characters, I am honestly surprised to see that Roy is losing to wolf. Wolf was great, but Roy is one everyone was outraged about. I kinda wish Pichu was getting more love too though, I think he was better than Pikachu. I can't really explain it, I was just always better with Pichu than I was with Pikachu. I'm also kinda surprised that a 4th mii option isn't very popular, personally I think that would be AWESOME!! Especially if it ended up being an elementalist type or something. Then there's the matter of Krystal, who should also be more popular than she currently is on that poll.
Now in my own personal opinion, I want to see at least two characters in particular show up, one of them being my idea for a sort of "dual-character rivalry" for the Ice-Climbers. That due is the two brothers from Bubble Bobble.
The other one that I want to see is Quote from Cave Story. Cave Story is the game that started the indie craze, and it did so by being noticed and ported to Nintendo consoles. Quote is freaking bada**, and I think he DEFINITELY deserves a spot in one of Nintendo's most popular fighting games. I have to wonder if he'd get a lot of votes.
Now that I think about it...I'd love to see some of the other hunters from the Metroid series make an appearance as well. Perhaps Rundas, Gandrayda, Ghor, and Sylux? Maybe even Adam or another federation trooper or space pirate?
I also kinda wish Megaman.EXE was playable rather than just being a part of Megaman's final smash, but eh, I guess it can't be helped. He was my favorite, but he wasn't that popular unfortunately.
Toon Zelda should be an option...Shadow is not an option, that's kinda surprising...Now that I think about it, Protoman and Bass would be awesome additions...Toon Ganondorf...Waluigi...Geno...OH GOSH MIDNA WOULD BE AWESOME...SHANTAE would also be freaking awesome, perhaps even more than Midna now that I think about it...Yeah I TOTALLY want Shantae in there. Add her to the list, see if something happens.

On a different note, I rather wish the stage creation would become DLC. I was really looking forward to making new stages, especially with newer and more versatile options to choose from in regards to resources, but I can't afford a Wii U.

Last but not least...who thinks the sound of Peach hitting someone with her frying pan used to be WAY more satisfying? I want to vote for the possibility of altering the sound of the frying pan back to what it was in melee!

Last edited:

Crumb Bone

Smash Rookie
Ice Climbers: From what I've heard, they are already functional on the Wii U, but were cut to be fair to the 3DS. Well, the 3DS version is now mostly obsolete that the Wii U version is out, and only owning Smash Wii U, I feel like I'm left out because of Smash Run and some of the exclusive stages, so it would be okay to leave the 3DS owners out in regards to the Ice Climbers.

Lucas/Wolf: Even though they were semi-cloneish, and I wasn't too fond of either of them, I still don't understand why they would just get rid of these two, while still giving us full clones with Lucina, Dark Pit, and Dr. Mario.

Squirtle/Ivysaur: These I find the least sense in their absence from Smash 4. They were totally unique, and considering how Pokemon is arguably Nintendo's biggest franchise, they are needed even more to make the game's roster feel like an accurate representation of Nintendo.

Snake: Maybe he was removed because of his weapons, but I personally think it was because Nintendo got upset the Metal Gear Solid 4 was not playable on the Wii. Snake added just the right kind of edge to juxtapose most of the roster.

King K. Rool: I've never played a Donkey Kong Country game, but he seems unique enough to me.

Paper Mario: I'm surprised that he is not already in, especially considering how popular the Paper Mario series is. While I think that we already have too many Mario representatives, the I consider the Paper Mario series to be much more of a spin-off than than other non-platformer Mario games. They have plenty of interesting possibilities for his moveset based on the paper mechanics.

Bandana Dee: I'm already convinced that he will be DLC, his spear offers unique possibilities, and he is adorable.

Chorus Kids: After all that has happened, I still think that the Gematsu leak was correct, but they were cut latter in development due to 3DS limitations. The Polar Bear and Sneaky Spirit are the only Smash Run enemies to not have a fighter representing their universe (if you count the few Namco enemies to share the Pac-Man universe, which I do), and the only explanation I see is that their representatives were cut. If they are included, their combination of rhythm and being a group of three should make for an interesting fighter.

Rayman (oops, I forgot to vote for him): Even ignoring his trophy, he just seems at home in Smash Bros. to me.

Others:
Shantae: Being a genie affiliated with pirates is enough to set her apart from the rest of the cast, and I think that she is considered to be "Nintendo enough" to not be considered third-party.

Wobbuffet: If it's any indication from Jigglypuff, the anime has a pretty strong influence on Smash, and considering that Wobbuffet is the third most shown Pokemon on the show, he wouldn't be too outlandish. He also has the potential for a very interesting counter-attack moveset. Competitively, while now mostly forgotten, he used to be one of the most esteemed Pokemon.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Out of all of these characters, I am honestly surprised to see that Roy is losing to wolf. Wolf was great, but Roy is one everyone was outraged about. I kinda wish Pichu was getting more love too though, I think he was better than Pikachu. I can't really explain it, I was just always better with Pichu than I was with Pikachu. I'm also kinda surprised that a 4th mii option isn't very popular, personally I think that would be AWESOME!! Especially if it ended up being an elementalist type or something. Then there's the matter of Krystal, who should also be more popular than she currently is on that poll.
Now in my own personal opinion, I want to see at least two characters in particular show up, one of them being my idea for a sort of "dual-character rivalry" for the Ice-Climbers. That due is the two brothers from Bubble Bobble.
The other one that I want to see is Quote from Cave Story. Cave Story is the game that started the indie craze, and it did so by being noticed and ported to Nintendo consoles. Quote is freaking bada**, and I think he DEFINITELY deserves a spot in one of Nintendo's most popular fighting games. I have to wonder if he'd get a lot of votes.
Now that I think about it...I'd love to see some of the other hunters from the Metroid series make an appearance as well. Perhaps Rundas, Gandrayda, Ghor, and Sylux? Maybe even Adam or another federation trooper or space pirate?
I also kinda wish Megaman.EXE was playable rather than just being a part of Megaman's final smash, but eh, I guess it can't be helped. He was my favorite, but he wasn't that popular unfortunately.
Toon Zelda should be an option...Shadow is not an option, that's kinda surprising...Now that I think about it, Protoman and Bass would be awesome additions...Toon Ganondorf...Waluigi...Geno...OH GOSH MIDNA WOULD BE AWESOME...SHANTAE would also be freaking awesome, perhaps even more than Midna now that I think about it...Yeah I TOTALLY want Shantae in there. Add her to the list, see if something happens.

On a different note, I rather wish the stage creation would become DLC. I was really looking forward to making new stages, especially with newer and more versatile options to choose from in regards to resources, but I can't afford a Wii U.

Last but not least...who thinks the sound of Peach hitting someone with her frying pan used to be WAY more satisfying? I want to vote for the possibility of altering the sound of the frying pan back to what it was in melee!
Roy and Pichu are kind of irrelevant
Toon Zelda as DLC character would be an awful idea
Midna and Waluigi are assists
and No-one really cares about any other metroid character

Also I just finished both bayonettas and my god, if she isn't smash material I don't know what is. She has SOOOOO much potential

Last edited:

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
Well, that's quite a list to choose from.
Ice Climbers - That would be great if they worked, but they have to be able to work on the 3DS in order to be eligible, so I would like them in, but I understand that is not allowed.

Lucas - I would say yes, that way the people that liked him can have him back, but I never really played as Lucas. Or Ness, for that matter.

Wolf
- Yeah, he should definitely come back. There was no reason to get rid of him when he is more different from Fox than Falco. Also, why limit Starfox to two characters when Mario and Fire Emblem get so many?

Snake
- Sure, I'd be glad if he came back. He was a fun character in Brawl. But I'm not going to be disappointed when, I mean if, he doesn't come back.

Roy - I liked Roy in Melee, but there's enough Fire Emblem characters in Smash 4 as it is.

Squirtle / Ivysaur / Pichu - There's enough Pokèmon, too. Well, maybe one more, besides Mewtwo. I don't care who, though. I'm not a Pokèmon player.

King K. Rool - I would be very happy to see K. Rool in Smash. If we can get Bowser and King Dedede as playable characters, there's no reason why we shouldn't get K. Rool, too. Other than the fact that he's not really relevant anymore, but he was a much better villain than the new ones...

Dixie Kong - Yes. She should have joined back in Brawl. Sakurai really needs to give certain franchises more attention.

Isaac
- I've only played a little bit of Golden Sun (I plan on getting it for the Wii U VC) and I liked it. I don't know much about Isaac or his game, but I'll gladly accept him in the Smash Bros. roster.

Wonder Red / Inking / Rayman / Bayonetta / Professor Layton
- Don't care.

Impa
- Well, yes, but I think Impa should have replaced Sheik in Smash 4, but if they can come up with a new and relevant moveset for her then that would be fine with me.

Tetra
- We already have two Links and two Zeldas. Instead of getting 3 Zeldas, they should just give us a different Zelda character. The Goron and the Zora from Majora's Mask would be two really good choices. Even though they are only from that one game, they represent those races from Zelda, and their races have appeared in a lot of the Zelda games.

Captain Toad
- I'm not feeling this one. I know there are people who want Toad to be playable, but I just don't see it.

Paper Mario
- If we didn't already have Dr. Mario then I think Paper Mario would have been a great new Mario alt. But I don't want three Marios.

Krystal
- The only character that they could add at this point that would really get me hyped. Starfox Adventures is honestly one of my favorite games. I know it's not the best Starfox game in the sense that it's not a traditional Starfox game, but I'm a Zelda fan and so Starfox Adventures struck a chord with me. I would be very happy to see that game represented in Smash Bros. But I know it probably won't happen. :(

Black Shadow
- Black Shadow should have been Ganondorf and then give Ganondorf a new moveset. Black Shadow could be the slower, more powerful Captain Falcon.

Medusa / Hades
- Kid Icarus is already over represented in Smash 4. Sakurai was definitely being biased. So I say "No" to Medusa and Hades.

Bandanna Dee
- Personally, I don't get it. Isn't he just a little guy with a spear? I don't know. I guess I haven't played enough Kirby games.

Chorus Men / Ray Mk / Andy / Chibi Robo / Lip
- I've never played their games, so I am indifferent to their presence in the roster.

Kamek
- I'm fine with him as a stage hazard for the Mario stage. I think there's enough Mario characters as it is, maybe even one too many.

Mach Rider
- I think I played it like 24 years ago or so, but as long as they can make him in to a cool character I'd have no problem with his inclusion.

Reyn
- I haven't really played Xenoblade, but it seems like a lot of people like the game and if he's a character that people really like, then sure, put him in the game.

Bomberman
- Uhm... what would he do besides throw bombs? I guess I've only played the old Bomberman games, so I have no idea what his moves would be like.

New Mii Fighter Archetype
- Yes. Magical. I mean, come on, right?

Other
- Well, sure. I'm sure there are other characters you could have put on the list that I would have liked, but I can't think of any right now.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I voted for:
Bayonetta, Medusa, Hades, Impa, Dixie Kong, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, Rayman, Bandana Dee, Inkling, 4th mii, Wolf, Squirtle, Ivysaur and Ice Climbers.

Chukobenga

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chukobenga
Isaac all the way, cos his psyenergy moveset could be unique from other fighters and he would be a good addition if they wanted another franchise from nintendo

vegeta18

Smash Journeyman
voting for my boy snake, need him back. Ive been looking for a thread like this, would be nice if most people did this poll so we could have a general idea of who is winning, at least from the smashboards side of things.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
So now that the official votes are open (for some days atleast), I know I am late but I am here to say.....

Vote 4 Isaac!

In the official polls obviously! :p

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
:wolf::wolf:WOLF FOR SMASH 4 HOOOOOOOOOOOOWL!!! WOLVES ARE THE MASTER RACE VOTE FOR WOLF O DONNEL:wolf:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Vote for Isaac and Bandana Dee, there my only two cents I gonna put.

I think K. Rool is gonna win but is ok.

Top Bottom