• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

POKKÉN TOURNAMENT Announced - The Pokemon Fighting Game

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Stopped caring when I saw the words "Arcade Release."

If this comes to 3DS or Wii U... it will be mine.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
This game would single-handedly sell millions of Wii U's if it is ported to it internationally. Nintendo will probably do it....they aren't that stupid, right?....Right?!

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
I also hope for Primeape. Thanks for reminding me, MEWTWOMASTER2002. I think another poster also mentioned Primeape. Anyway, Oak's ultimate move would be to force the opponent to deliver a Parcel. Oak would then exclaim "Wonderful!" as the foe crashes into the closest Mart.

Prism

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jesset202
3DS FC
0576-5008-6643
Not exactly what I wanted to see today (I wanted a Wii U sequel to Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness or a 3DS remake of Pokemon Colosseum), but still exciting.

Prism

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jesset202
3DS FC
0576-5008-6643
Am I the only one that wants ditto to be the "select random" option of he game. I would freak if I saw that.
I remember seeing Ditto as the CSS portrait for random in Theytah's Build, it just makes so much sense.

Prism

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jesset202
3DS FC
0576-5008-6643
It will be quite disappointing if there are only Fighting-types in the game. I think Delphox and a few other humanoid Pokémon shouldn't be excluded because of their types. Also lol @ 3DS version.
I think it will mainly be fighting types, but I'll be surprised if a few non-fighting Pokemon aren't in it. For example, I could see Golem and Greninja getting in.

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I really want Snorlax, Gengar, and Tyranitar to get in. As far as fighting types go my main want is Chesnaught but I have no doubt it'll get in as a fairly popular fighting type starter.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
Don't care unless it's released on a console... But I wouldn't hold my breathe.

Weavile's Wrath

Smash Apprentice
Haxorus, Hawlucha, Scrafty, Gallade, and WEAVILE please? A great idea, but I would be kinda depressed if it didn't make it to Wii U in English. It's nice to see Pokémon get out of their comfort zone again, just like Pokémon Conquest(war themes). How about Poké Warriors?

Andromear

Smash Cadet
What's so funneh about the 3DS version :seuss:

Wii U doesn't have arcade sticks.

Oh wait...could this mean we get a Pokemon themed fightstick?

Want.
What's so funneh about the 3DS version :seuss:

Wii U doesn't have arcade sticks.

Oh wait...could this mean we get a Pokemon themed fightstick?

Want.
A Pokemon themed fightstick wouldn't be as silly an idea as some Nintendo peripherals.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I have determined with great scientific research what the average person thinks of this cool idea being Japanese Arcade Exclusive:

This is ****ing gay, was Pokemon Company on crack? You have a great idea that could potentially sell systems for a dying console. "NOPE MAKE IT A JAPANESE ARCADE GAME, **** BEING CONVENTIONAL AND SELLING WII U SYSTEMS, WII U FANS ARE ONLY GETTING POKEMON RUMBLE U AND THEY ARE GOING TO LIKE IT!!!!!!!"

Actual quote from the Pokemon Company...okay it's not, but I like to think someone was dumb enough to actually **** up a great idea.
Pretty knee-jerk right here. Besides, I can see why they are doing this. Nintendo doesn't have enough games for a heavy arcade presence and this could be a way of reaching new avenues through a gamestyle familiar to that scene. Besides, given Nintendo's track record on localization and the fact that this is a worldwide announcement, I could see them releasing an enhanced Wii U port.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Because we can't have easy games, no, everything must be super hard, I actually prefer Tekken because you can have a little more fun without having to suffer so much.

On another note, HOLY **** this looks awesome! I might even try to get into the game competitively...even if it has annoying-*** fighting game commands, if they're done right like in Tekken or Mortal Kombat 9 as opposed to the fighting-game-community-pandering Street Fighter IV, it might just be awesome.
I feel ya. I'm a bit selfish is all.

TheLegendOfVenusaur

Smash Apprentice
If this is coming to Wii U, I'll most likely pick it up.
Also, 35 Pokemon this game needs.
1.Gallade
2.Gardevoir
3.Medicham
4.Sceptile
5.:094:
6.:150:
7.Hariyama
8.:143:
9.Infernape
10.:105:
11:106:
12.:107:
13. :237:
14.:212:
15. :214:
16. Weavile
17. :4greninja:
18. Hawlucha
19.Delphox
20. Ambipom
21. Electivire
22.:186:
23.:062:
24. :065:
25:057:
26:055:
27:123:
28 Aegislash
29:141:
30 Gliscor
31:248:
32 Garchomp
33 Metagross
34:217:
35 Dusknoir
(Lucario, Machamp and Blaziken are confirmed and Pikachu will probably be playable if they can get it to work)

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
The ideas is badass, and I'll probably still buy it when it eventually comes over here, but it looks kind of a bit like the Naruto Ultimate Ninja games which... I mean as far as fighters go... eh.
The Naruto Ultimate Ninja games are amazing, and it would be epic if this game didn't include ridiculous fighting game commands, or a 'casual' system that doesn't punish you for wanting to have fun like MvC3's.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
A Pokemon themed fightstick wouldn't be as silly an idea as some Nintendo peripherals.
A Pokemon themed fightstick almost seems unlikely simply because it feels too normal for Nintendo. It almost feels as though a dual Power Glove + Wii Balance Board control scheme is more likely than doing something that other companies might do.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yo Kuma/Panda or Roger jr/Alex from tekken could totally be guest characters in this game. Heihachi/Xiaoyu can be the "pokemon" trainer.
But why when we have Ursaring and Breloom? :p Haha

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Another Nintend Namco game i'm really surprised about this i wonder if pikachu will be a playable fighter

Top Bottom