• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon - The 5th Generation

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Hmmm this isn't exactly relevant, but...
i'm in another thread talking aout the new adventure mode, and what place from the pokemon world do yo all feel is the most significant/memorable? Just PM me what you think to avoid further disruption of the conversation I suppose..

Almost every element or thing in this world is weak or strong to something, thats not what were looking for. A vacuum type pokemon? How many pokemon would be able to fit into that category.
The new ones of course!!

Mewter

Smash Master
New ones could fit into that type.
Think about it.
Darkrai could have a type change(I'd rather not have it, though, be him)
Giratina Origin form could use it.
A LOT of new ones could use it, too. They could even go as far as to makea black hole pokemon for all I care, and make it a Vacuum pokemon. The alternative could be "gravity" type.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Dusclops could fit that category.

Just read its Pokedex entry, at least in third gen. I was bored one time and after reading the Pokedex entry of Dusclops after I had caught one I named it Black Hole. Normally I don't nickname my Pokemon but I was pretty bored...or maybe tired. I think the same thing occurred when I named my Absol ABSOLutely.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Well first of all, electricity is not all about lightning and thunder. It's about the electrical currents running through, well, all things really, but electric Pokemon are more in tune with THOSE currents. The high voltage zaps your nervous system and overloads your body with electricity. Sound would definitely not do that, as the currents that sound produces would help to stabilize the body, keeping it "sound". That is my reasoning for its resistance to Electric.
Well then by that they'd conteract each other, if electricity makes you unstable and sound makes you stable. Then wich ever has more power wins, and also they can be reversed, acupuncher is relaxing and keeps you stable using electricity, having a bomb go off and hareing it, blows your ear drums out, wich is'nt stable. In my opinion they just cancle each other out. causing a 1x effectivness.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
How about new Eeveelutions? I figured out some possible names.
First of all, do you all realize that Umbreon derives from "umbra" meaning either a.) a shaded area, or b.) a conical shadow excluding all light from a given source. Who knew that? I didn't until I started looking up new possible Eeveelution names. I never understood his name until then. Anyway, here they are...

Poison type = Veneon. It comes come "venom".

Ghost type = I've got a bunch of these...Eidoleon, Eideon, Reveneon, or Phanteon.
--Eidoleon (pronounced I-doll-eon) and Eideon (pronounced I-D-on) derive from the word "eidolon" which means an unsubstantial image (phantom). Ghosts can become invisible and most times are stereotyped as transparent. Perfect, is it not?
--Reveneon (the only "e" pronounced with the hard E sound is the third e in eon; the first two e's sound like the e in the word "left"). It derives from the word "revenant" which means one that returns after death or a long absense (we'll use the death part). I like this one because it sounds the best and it makes sense because it's like it's returned from the dead.
--Phanteon, probably the least creative but is the most obvious derives from the word "phantom". The rest here is self-explanatory. If there is a cemetary in the next Pokémon game, this is where it will evolve.

Ground type = Terreon or Areneon.
--Terreon derives from the latin "terra" meaning earth or ground. This implies that it would be of the ground. The sprite could be anything involving itself with ground.
--Areneon derives from the Spanish and probably Latin "arena" meaning sand. It's not only Spanish, it's used in Medical terms, too. If this form were to exist, it would only be of sand, not the above stated Terreon being anything earthbound (hah).

Steel type = Ferreon (pronounced fair-eon). Anybody who knows Latin or who has taken a Chem. class will know that Ferr- is a root for iron. Since steel type Pokémon pretty much don't have to be steel but in fact can be a metal in general, iron works. Even if that statement is false, iron is a primary component of steel. This name shows the classy Latin root (not just an American root thing) that symbolizes that it would be steel.

Those are just a few; I'm trying to compose of more. Critique what I already have in the meantime. Rock is a hard one (that wouldn't sound ******** or ghost-like i.e. graveon can come from "gravel" but it can come from "grave" as well).

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I had an idea for type suppressors: For Pokemon of multiple types, you can meet a NPC in a small village somewhere who can give you, for a price, a type suppression for that Pokemon, which essentially means that you will recieve less of the damage of weakness from that type, but also you will have less of the strength of that type as well (doing damage to weak types, resistance), if not removing both entirely (but that would be too much)

Which means that, say, a Haunter with a type suppressor on Poison would take less weakness damage from Psychic types, making it's crippling weakness to the type it's supposed to be strong against (sorry, almost went into a rant) less of a problem, while also making it's great strength towards poison Pokemon (almost makes up for it) less of a boon.

MetaKnight63

Smash Apprentice
I think Pokemon needs one more type, Light, to equal the 9 Physical types. Light is strong against Dark, Ghost, and Ice types, but weak against Dark and Normal types. Dragon, Ghost, Fighting and Ground types are not very effective against a Light type.

Abilities: Ghost types can use Transparency, which lets them not take damage from physical attacks.

Psychic types can use Magic Aura to shield from Special attacks.

New Pokemon: Krakoa, Volcagua, Explagua set, Fire/Water

Hurricail, Tornac, Chuvasco set, Flying/Dark

Flargaryl, Firahna, Florabasa set, Grass/Fire

Heelinii, Mallorii, Jubillorii set, Grass/Light

Legendary PKMN: Zarion, Light; Gandelion, Dark

Light Blast/ Dark Blast BA: 125 PP: 5 AC: 85, no extra effect beyond damaging foe.

Starters:
Grass: Leever, Veleeva, Vegelavee set
Fire: Balza, Beregor, Gatandor set
Water: Aqueas, Marinas, Poseidas set

All this takes place in a whole, new region, but you can fly [via airplane] to any of the other regions, including Orre.

Silverline

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I think you should stop right there. This has gone to speculation and what we might see/would like to see in the 5th generation to fanfic ville. This isn't Digimon, where creating new species is not only accepted, but desired. It's Pokemon, and any fan created version just isn't going to cut it. Not to say that idea's are bad, not at all, but if we went about approving of every kids made up Pokemon, We'd be SWIMMING in Mewthrees.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Ok, I think you should stop right there. This has gone to speculation and what we might see/would like to see in the 5th generation to fanfic ville. This isn't Digimon, where creating new species is not only accepted, but desired. It's Pokemon, and any fan created version just isn't going to cut it. Not to say that idea's are bad, not at all, but if we went about approving of every kids made up Pokemon, We'd be SWIMMING in Mewthrees.
Word. I highly encourage creativity, but this thread is for speculation, not fan-fic, like Silverline said. Please translate your creativity (I know you have it!) to ideas for the next Pokemon Generation; ideas that could fit, ideas that you think should be included. Remember, creating Pokemon is not speculation, as they would never, ever make it into the games. System/mechanic-related ideas may, and that's why we discuss them.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
I fap to this topic,im in love with it,creative ideas thats for sure.
Pokemon should go out with one huge amazing bang imo.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
That's why I made an Eevee idea (not giving abilities, stats, or even making/describing/giving ideas about sprites). I only stated new possible names to the types that will inevitably be made. I didn't state any new weird unreasonable things (like I saw a Lickitung evolved version thing of Eevee [no offense to the person who made that]). Or wasn't that post directed towards me? Sorry if it wasn't...

Spire

III
BRoomer
That's why I made an Eevee idea (not giving abilities, stats, or even making/describing/giving ideas about sprites). I only stated new possible names to the types that will inevitably be made. I didn't state any new weird unreasonable things (like I saw a Lickitung evolved version thing of Eevee [no offense to the person who made that]). Or wasn't that post directed towards me? Sorry if it wasn't...
Hey, don't sweat it. Eevee may or may not receive new evolutions in the next generation, just as it didn't in 3rd Gen, HOWEVER, speculating on this matter is borderline with what is important, because it's obvious as to what the new eeveelutions could be. Either bug, rock, ground, ghost, dragon, steel, dragon, fighting, flying, or poison. However, seeing as how all of the eeveelutions are only of the Special Types, we may see only one more, that being Dragon (unless a new special type is introduced to balance the Physical and Special types, thus yielding two new eeveelutions).

That being said, discussion about eeveelutions should end. I'm not trying to cut you off, and again, I fully support creativity, but there are much larger matters at hand regarding the future of Pokemon. The only thing that I do not want to see is the creation of Pokemon [in this thread] simply for the sake of creating them. I know that was not your intentions, so I'm not going to police you anymore.

So, the final statement regarding eeveelutions; we will get up to two more:
  • Dragon eeveelution
  • New special-type eeveelution
Fin.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I did not think dragon was special, Most of its attacks are physical, unless I am just missing the point.

This might be an out there Idea, but It would be cool if they made refrencese to older games people, like gold is mentioned, or team rocket, it would bring up some nostalgia and stuff.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
First of all, do you all realize that Umbreon derives from "umbra" meaning either a.) a shaded area, or b.) a conical shadow excluding all light from a given source. Who knew that?
Yep. "Umbra" is taken from the Latin word "umbra" with similar meaning.

Hey, don't sweat it. Eevee may or may not receive new evolutions in the next generation, just as it didn't in 3rd Gen, HOWEVER, speculating on this matter is borderline with what is important, because it's obvious as to what the new eeveelutions could be. Either bug, rock, ground, ghost, dragon, steel, dragon, fighting, flying, or poison. However, seeing as how all of the eeveelutions are only of the Special Types, we may see only one more, that being Dragon (unless a new special type is introduced to balance the Physical and Special types, thus yielding two new eeveelutions).

That being said, discussion about eeveelutions should end. I'm not trying to cut you off, and again, I fully support creativity, but there are much larger matters at hand regarding the future of Pokemon. The only thing that I do not want to see is the creation of Pokemon [in this thread] simply for the sake of creating them. I know that was not your intentions, so I'm not going to police you anymore.

So, the final statement regarding eeveelutions; we will get up to two more:
  • Dragon eeveelution
  • New special-type eeveelution
Fin.
Yeah, this.
New Pokemon of any kind aren't desired by most people. Especially Eeveelutions for some, because Leafeon and Glaceon were failed attempts at Eeveelutions (actual failed attempts instead of Failed Potato who only looks like it is) and...yeah. They were forced and just aren't good Eeveelutions. Each and every other one was pretty awesome, while they just feel random and...they don't fit in.

Spire's right, as harsh as it may seem. Unless Game Freak decides to actually use these Pokemon ideas the ideas are just ideas, and this thread is for things that could realistically happen. If even one of the Pokemon one of us has dreamt up becomes a Pokemon I'd be shocked, not for any reason other than there's so many possibilities, it would be impossible to guess the one combination that actually does happen. There's just too many variables.

And Koarin, it's a Special type because before fourth gen where Fire Punch is physical because it's realistically physical, all Dragon type attacks were special. That's what Spire's referring to.

MetaKnight63

Smash Apprentice

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Yep. "Umbra" is taken from the Latin word "umbra" with similar meaning.
isn't "umbra" latin for dark?

but I agree, unless one of Spire's Pokemon are sent and make it, there is a very slim chance one of these pokemon will make it. Such a small chance, that it's almost like jumping of the 30th floor of a building, without breaking leg bones

Spire

III
BRoomer

but I agree, unless one of Spire's Pokemon are sent and make it, there is a very slim chance one of these pokemon will make it. Such a small chance, that it's almost like jumping of the 30th floor of a building, without breaking leg bones
Well, if you landed face first, you might not break your leg bones. You'd surely die, but would the sacrifice be worth it to get your Pokemon into the next game? Sure, wynaut.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It's more of a "shadow" type of meaning, and has an alternate meaning of "ghost". But "darkness" is an alternate definition as well, (albeit falling around the same area as shadow), so that's pretty much it.

Well, if you landed face first, you might not break your leg bones. You'd surely die, but would the sacrifice be worth it to get your Pokemon into the next game? Sure, wynaut.
*rimshot*
Nice pun, Spire.

aflyinglamppost

Smash Cadet
Zanarkand, but sometimes in Hollow Bastien
Please read all of this, I spent about an hour writing all this and I know some of thin time it sounds like I don't like the ideas, but I really do.

I like some of your ideas, but not all. The idea for combining all four regions is good, also adding a fifth regon to explore too. But the whole new world thing just wouldn't do, or make a lot of sense. Now the people walking around doing the same thing, changing it to having days cycling around would make it hard to get all items and alll battles, but changing it to a bigger than usually, but not as big as you were thinking cycle would be nice, including a cycle of a few sayings rather than them telling you the same thing over and over again. As for the pathways ans such, making exploring forests, with thin and thick trees, thin and thick paths through them would take quite a bit of work, but a good idea to add a little change to the paths. Now with the wild pokemon, I think it went a little to far again, a little to much work for the creators, maybe showing the pokemon it is and asking you if you want to fight it, all before the: A wild pokemon has appeared, go turdy ( my torterra ), whoosh whoosh. what will you do. THe player having his/her own health is and awesome idea think, a chance to run away, or use an item. The type system is sort of okay. but I would suggest making maybe dragon high and water low. The system explanation below the table is very confusing. Maybe (again) not so much intensity or pressure on the idea, because we have to keep some originality, for if all of this changes, it might not be called pokemon anymore, I'm not trying to critize to much, the ideas are good, just not so much emphasizing. The breeding part (The Fire and Poison example you used) is a good idea, but not changing there appearances, for it would take much time to combine all types to all pokemon and it would be much work for the creators, but adding a 15% change in type is a good idea. I don't think the "pure" type idea would be a good choice. For it would again change originality and every pokemon would have to be changed. The Water/Fire Charizard (combining types) idea is not one of the bests, again having to change appearances on all pokemon, while some players way want all pokemon all the different types of each pokemon, creating a big confusing mess, not to mention it would be very hard to achieve all of that. But I do think that it would be cool, but also there would have to be a different type of environment for each type of pokemon, which might be hard to accomplish. The Darkizard idea is good, and they could make it but it would take a great amount of years and destroy some of the originality, which I stick to and am a great fan of, but since new pokeon are not as original, the thought of changing their types is not as, (I cna't find a good word, not sardonic, a combination of canfusing and saddening maybe?) I get what you mean about the pokemon creation. What I think is to have a pokemon creation system outside of the games. A program set up by Nintendo or Pokemon. Have kids send in there creations, describe it in detail because some kids aren't that great at drawing( like me) send it in and it would go through a process of grading. and if it made it through all the processes be shown to the main pokemon creators and the would grade it and then draw it from the picture and description and creating a pokemon, hopefully, on the path of the childs image and of the pokemon flare. About the legendaries, I don't fully agree, because if some wants all 493, or however many in the future, and you aren't able to catch one or two, that would not be exciting. I know what you mean about Mewtwo and a kid catching him and Palkia nd stuff, but I guess he/she has some super talent and is a pokemon prodegy. I think make them a little more special and tougher to catch, but as for Creators of all pokemon and killer of scientists, just keep that in the movies and shows. The legendary thing is all confusing to me. If someone wanted all the pokemon and they only had one chance at some and didn't know and found out about getting legendaries later wouldn't be able to get all the pokemon, I think it is just a confusing mess. I know your probably thinking I'm only saying bad things about your ideas and ruinging your hopes, but I do like a lot of your ideas. As for the legendary catching, each idea that you had would be good, but they shouldn't put it in the main game. They could make another game or a few others and have those missions in them,(Pokemon Legendaries, would be a nice title, or maybe Pokemon Legendary Birds, Legendary Beasts [or Dogs], Legendary Golems, Pokemon Revenge of Mewtwo [You could catch Mew, Mewtwo, the birds, maybe Lugia], etc. just some ideas.) but not those missions in the main game. I'm not sure exactly how I feel, (it is getting kind of late) so for now a game with all regions with a few simpler ideas of yours in them. The "Pokemon" name would be good, but kind of late, since we're talking about the 5th generation, I also am thinking about originality again and the name is always a color of jewelry or whatever you call FireRed. So I do like about all your ideas and I hope you don't think I didn't like any of them. Thanks for listening
- aflyinglamppost

M.K

Level 55
^TL;DR

Umbra is the complete shadow made by the Moon during the night. It is the ultimate darkness of the night.

PENUmbra is the "sort-of" darkness made by the moon during the evening or dawn.

Silverline

Smash Apprentice
Curious, what does every think the New Rotom forms might imply? I kinda like that there not having every Pokemon of the same species be the same, but to have entirely different forms with attacks and (I believe) Types? It kinda makes me wary of what we might get in the future for Pokemon.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
what they imply, i don't know, but what we thought of them is in the Platinum leaked thread

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
aflyinglamppost--I read it all! Try putting longer posts into paragraphs (it's a bit easier on the eys), but besides that, good effort (in writing it all). I agree with you on most parts, except about where you said the legendaries shouldn't be in the main game or something..

Maybe I misunderstood you? But anyways I think they should be in the main game, just as a bonus. In main game, NOT in main story. Go back to G/S/C, Nintendo. Gold and Silver had the legendaries as side-quests that were fun and implemented well. Crystal began straying into the legendaries-part-of-storyline thing, but hey--Suicune is cool ;) And anyways, the Suicune bit was basically optional--as in, you could ignore every fight you had with it and you weren't really 'pressured' into capturing/fighting him, at leat how I remember.

G/S/C, as I and quite a few others have stated, is the BEST Pokemon game (s) in the franchise. Please note this is only my opinion. I also feel that 1st Gen. rivals 2nd gen, but 2nd Gen. takes home the gold--why? I'll state my reasons:

1) Originality=Intact
-The Pokemon and basic concept of the game still retains all originality from the first

2) New Pokemon=New Concept=Cool
-New Pokemon--What we had all dreamed of is now a dream come true. New types, new starters, and new evolutions of our old favorites.
A. Baby Pokemon--SO THAT'S WHAT MISTY'S EGG IS!!!!!!!
B. Legendaries--Where they really shined. This is where Legendaries really got popular I think (and where the 'legendary' title got a bit more popular/known). This is where legendaries were implemented, but NOT to the point where the whole game is about them. The game is in balance at this time....

3) Day and Night System
-Sweetness! New pokemon! Only at certain times? SWEET!

4) REBATTLING
-WHOOOOOO! i CAN KICK YOUR *** AGAIN AND AGAIN!!!!!!!

5) Swarms, neat!!!

6) KANTO IS BACK!!! And so is Snorlax! (honestly, I was soooo excited when I saw how huge he was..... Just wanted to point that out!)
-You think you've beaten the game, but NOPE! Now you can play an advanced remake of the first one :) WITH NEW POKEMANZZZ!

^yEUP!

Silverline

Smash Apprentice
what they imply, i don't know, but what we thought of them is in the Platinum leaked thread
I'm asking what you think they might have in terms of impact for the Future in Gen 5, which is what this thread is about. I don't really care all that much about the Poke itself.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I'm asking what you think they might have in terms of impact for the Future in Gen 5, which is what this thread is about. I don't really care all that much about the Poke itself.
well, i think it's gonna be something like teaching kids not to stick your finger in a Rotom outlet because you can get shocked. Im gonna guess their gonna make a cartom oooooo I can drive a frickin pokemon cool. IMO they sucked and are showing us they are running out of ideas

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion

This might be an out there Idea, but It would be cool if they made refrencese to older games people, like gold is mentioned, or team rocket, it would bring up some nostalgia and stuff.
No no no, you've got it ALL wrong!
Don't just mention Team Rocket--BRING THEM BACK!!!!!! Seriously they were the best villains :/

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Anyone remember that girl in D/P that said no one has ever actually seen a Pokemon lay an egg? Ever since then I've always imagined them making some sort of "Stork-like" Legendary Pokemon. Seeing as though no one has ever actually seen one lay an egg, maybe it's delivered by a Pokemon.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Anyone remember that girl in D/P that said no one has ever actually seen a Pokemon lay an egg? Ever since then I've always imagined them making some sort of "Stork-like" Legendary Pokemon. Seeing as though no one has ever actually seen one lay an egg, maybe it's delivered by a Pokemon.
When I read that it reminded me of pelipper (because it delivers mail in Mystery dungeon).

Draconian

Smash Cadet
If I may... I really, really like your new ideas for fifth gen. I think it makes the Pokemon world much less black and white, which is something it never should have been. However, I do think that, if programmers were willing to make such a game with so many facets, that a gameboy chip, or even multiple, may not be a practical or efficient way of storing the necessary amount of information. However, if we were to put it onto a console or a PC, then much more data could be held on the disk, and we could include all four or even five regions, and maybe some more alternative locations like Alto Mare and Battle Frontier.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
If I may... I really, really like your new ideas for fifth gen. I think it makes the Pokemon world much less black and white, which is something it never should have been. However, I do think that, if programmers were willing to make such a game with so many facets, that a gameboy chip, or even multiple, may not be a practical or efficient way of storing the necessary amount of information. However, if we were to put it onto a console or a PC, then much more data could be held on the disk, and we could include all four or even five regions, and maybe some more alternative locations like Alto Mare and Battle Frontier.
I know what you mean, but Pokemon RPGs would loose their feel if they went off of handheld.
but the 5th gen. game is GOING to released for the new handheld that should come out in two years, and maybe it will have enough memory and graphic capability for all this stuff:)

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
The pokemon games DO hold quite a lot of information already, but 2nd gen. had the kanto region as well! I'd say that the DS could probably hold all or if not almost all of the info for all regions.. And I'm sure Nintendo could get it to work

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
My ideas for legendaries (and resurrecting this thread), among other thins.

First off, Weather.

Weather: There's always a storm a-brewing somewhere.

Rain, snow, sleet, and... um... no rain, snow, sleet... Your forecast will likely consist of one of those four things.

Here's my idea: Depending on your location in-game, snow will be more likely than rain, or no percipitation will be really really likely (for instance, in a desert).

Thunder clouds are shown on your map (seeing as the poketechnology gts more and more advanced--why not a weather tracker of some sort?), or snow clouds, and the like. This will tell you what the weather is like, and possibly if it's heading your way or not.

Weather affects battling, as guessed by most, and also affects appearance rate of certain types of pokemon. I'll list some..SOME basic types now.

Thunder storms: Lots of wind and rain and lighting... NOT ideal for birds. Flying types will be extrememly rare out in the open, but head-butting trees may help you score big-time, as you knock them out of shelter; however, they are very likely to flee.

Same goes for bug-type pokemon.

Pokemon of the electric variety are much more common. Note, only electric pokemon already currently residing in that area would have a higher appearance rate; other electric's do NOT appear, except on rare occasions.

Water pokemon must be fished for with an upgraded rod during thunderstorms to be caught, as they seek shelter in deeper water. Super rod still catches the rare ones.

Aftermath--many puddles lay around, and water levels potentially raised; prime breeding ground for bug-type pokemon. Flying types will also be more COMMON after a storm, as they are taking advantage of the wide-open bugs. For a short time afterwards, local grasstypes will be found at slightly higher levels, due to more water=more growth.

Blizzards: These are rough and tough: Flying types are, once again, nowhere to be found. Bugs aren't anywhere either. Snow can build up fast, slowing progress during a storm. Water-types are rarely caught with fishing OR surfing during blizzards.

Aftermath: Bug-types are weaker, due to the harsh cold. Flying types are the same, however. Snow drifts are left in the blizzard's wake, potentially impeding your progress to through off-road routes. Occasionally some ice types appear in the snow drifts left over; the whole route(s) is(are) blanketed in a layer of snow; other trainers may not be in their usual places, based on what pokemon they have and their attire. If a lot of fire types reside in the area, patches of snow will quickly be melted.

Legendaries: This is wht i'd think it'd be cool to implement.

Zapdos: Can only be found in.. the eye of a thunder storm. Say you're travilling along a rainy route, a bad storm over your head. Lightning flashes in the darkened sky. As you pass a patch of grass, and lightning strikes, you see the shadow of a bird on the ground. If you approach the shadow, and command a pokemon to use "Fly" directly under any part of it, you will fly up, but a cutscene will show you fly right by Zapdos. You'll go back down to the ground, and Zapdos will approach. A battle then ensues. The Zapdos is anywhere from level 15 to level 50, depending on the size of the storm.

Note Zapdos doesn't appear in every storm, it is rare, but another WILL reappear.
If yo defeat/capture Zapdos, the thunderstorm will subside. If you are defeated, it will move to a different area, but zapdos will NOT be catchable in that storm any longer.

Articuno:

First let me explain something else: A new mechanic should be implemented, called blacking out. During a battle you white out, but let's say your venturing a cave or extreme environment for too long and are helplessly loss. Well, then you 'black-out', returning to the next Pokecenter. Hell a messag could even appear occasionally asking if you are alright. I you say no, you black-out.

Well, let's say you are exploring some cold, snowy mountain, and are close to blacking out. RIGHT before you black out, Articuno appears to save you. Just as it's pokedex mentions it appears before doomed travelors to rescue them.

You can then choose to battle Articuno, or black out. If you take a step away from Articuno, you black out. So you can only talk to it, then battle. Once the battle is over, no matter what the outcome, you black out. However, you may have a new Articuno when you do. Articuno is found at levels 15 through 50, depending on location. Note lower leveled brds are quite rare.

Traveling along a cold, snowy mountain route?

Top Bottom