• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon - The 5th Generation

Spire

III
BRoomer
Where does it say things about the light attribute? I can't find it.
Within the scrolling block of text? It doesn't, as that was not my idea. It originated somewhere, perhaps 20 pages ago. It's been an idea that many of us have contributed to. However, that is a great example of a collective and accepted idea that we shall adopt into this "5th Gen Speculative Encyclopedia".

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I prefered the old format of the main page. It seemed more organized and easier to read. That just my opinion anyway.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Spire

III
BRoomer
I prefered the old format of the main page. It seemed more organized and easier to read. That just my opinion anyway.

I've decided to"archive" it as you can see in the OP. I will create graphics for the new layout - eventually. Right now, I've just typed out what I felt was necessary so we can start reorganizing the thread.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It does feel a little bit unorganized in comparison, but I know what Spire's getting at -- while originally the thread was just compiling his ideas, he wants to compile all of our ideas in the OP, so he's confining his ideas to that one space to make more room for other ideas, and make them easier to read.

Spire

III
BRoomer
It does feel a little bit unorganized in comparison, but I know what Spire's getting at -- while originally the thread was just compiling his ideas, he wants to compile all of our ideas in the OP, so he's confining his ideas to that one space to make more room for other ideas, and make them easier to read.
And Firus comes to translate again! Thank you.

Yes, ALL of our ideas.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I think the radio from the 2nd gen should make a comeback, it would be one of the more usefull poke apps

Now if the 5th is on a new next gen handheld I would like too be able to do TWO save files, so if you get bored you don't have to delete your main game

Mewter

Smash Master
I've updated the OP (for the first time in a long time) so that we can further analyze and structure our ideas. Thank you.
Don't forget to copy my legendary poke ideas from my first post into yours to update it.

Platypus

Smash Ace
Astride a magic potato alongside Mario. ________ S
Is it okay for me to just fire ideas off? If so:

DO NOT MAKE THE PLAYER "CATCH 'EM ALL". Have a system where certain monsters can be obtained via "prize packs" within the game, and sent straight to the PC.

To rip that guy with the Sandstorm team off, introduce a watch app that allows one to choose whether a monster in "Day'' Care will learn a move, and which one to erase.

Finally...No more "Legends". Instead, provide legendary Trainers who are above the games' laws. Make it so that they can fight you two-vs.-one without allowing you two Monsters, or have one whose monsters can use man-made items on its own, or have one who can prevent you from landing status effects.

Also:

ABILITY- Miracle Guard
Impervious to status.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Hey one or 2 legends are okay just not 15 or 22 if you count the new forms of rotom giratina and heatran

I really want a Ice type a dragon type and a Normal type gym. E4 should ditch the champion.

Ability

Concentration-can not be flinched and focus punch always works.
Dragon Mind- When this pokemon switches in one stat at random is boosted
Impedement-Speed is halved during Sandstorm

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Now if the 5th is on a new next gen handheld I would like too be able to do TWO save files, so if you get bored you don't have to delete your main game
YES.

I have wanted this since before third gen came out. I'm no expert on technical stuff, but I can't imagine that two save files couldn't fit. You shouldn't need to spend an extra $35 so you can play through the game without erasing your progress thus far, whilst still being able to save. In fact, ANY game should have an ability in some way to let you save more than one file. That's why the Gamecube is so awesome, and why the Wii is so crappy. Gamecube, no matter what, you can ALWAYS save an extra file as long as you can shell out $5-10 for a memory card. The Wii, you can shell out $20 for a memory card and you still can't do bull with half of your data. The storage solution had better fix this.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Hey one or 2 legends are okay just not 15 or 22 if you count the new forms of rotom giratina and heatran

I really want a Ice type a dragon type and a Normal type gym. E4 should ditch the champion.

Ability

Concentration-can not be flinched and focus punch always works.
Dragon Mind- When this pokemon switches in one stat at random is boosted
Impedement-Speed is halved during Sandstorm
I don't think the champion should be ditched.
I think once you beat the Elite 4, you should become the Champion, and someone else, say your Rival, has to fight you to become the Champion. You are given the title Champion *player name*, which you will keep unless you lose against your Rival, and possibly different clothes.
If you lose, you lose the clothes and Champion title, but you still go in the Hall of Fame because you had been a Champion.
If you win, you go in the Hall of Fame, keep the clothes and Champion title, and possibly get the chance to go to a location were a new Legendary is located.

Also, multiple save files is a good idea.
A great idea in fact.

Platypus

Smash Ace
Astride a magic potato alongside Mario. ________ S
You shouldn't need to spend an extra $35 so you can play through the game without erasing your progress thus far, whilst still being able to save.
This is the consumer standpoint. For Nintendo, it is splendid to force someone to purchase the same game twice- "No, this won haz duh flyin' Girablahblah; it'z DIFRINT!"

As for the Elite Four thing...There should be a post-E4 that has nothing to do with capturing monsters. It should be some kind of society or something.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Now if nintendo can get it's internet/wifi/online experience out of the gutter, I could see them have online exspansion areas where some new events or thing can take place, It would keep a game from going dry and would add a whole lot more depth to the current wifi stuff.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Oh guys it's awful. The hidden pokemon is very likely just a Pichu with deformed ears.

gamefreak sure knows how to create hype don't they? At the very least CoroCoro has said a new pokemon should be revealed in Jan. But it will probably end up being the ug'chu.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
It'll be the baby form of Raichu....

Oh wait..... That's still a baby form of Pichu.

Never mind then :laugh:

I'd die a little if it ended up being a 5th gen Legendary.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Eh... I'm actually a bit relieved, to tell the truth. I'm glad that it's simply a new-form Pichu, rather than a new Pokemon already. Platinum just came out (in Japan only), so a new Pokemon so soon would feel like Nintendo was rushing the franchise way too quickly.

Regardless, the movies seem to be utterly pointless at this point. They're pumping two, three films a year because in order to keep the franchise alive, they'll need as many forms of media to promote it as possible. It's become a real gimmick, and blatantly bothers me.

I want to create a Pokemon family tree. Who's game for tackling this challenge? We'll need to of course start with given background info, such as "Arceus created all Pokemon, specifically first creating the Dragon Trio and the Lake Trio," which would place those at the very top. Then, we would proceed with the fossil Pokemon, which must be organized as the 'great-great-great-grandparents' to structured groups of Pokemon (by appearance, type, and egg type) so that we can really build this. For instance, I believe Aerodactyl to be an ancestor of the Charizard family, and the Omastar family to be an ancestor to Octillery, and probably some others that don't come to mind right now. I hope you all get the idea, so let's get started on making some connections.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Okay
Ho-oh
/ | \
Entei Raikou Suicune

Mew+Cloned DNA with added power=Mewtwo

It looks like Kabutops could be the "Scyther" of fossils
And Bastiodon be the forefront of the aron evos both are monster egg grup and both have steel platings

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Hmm...interesting. I've always thought that pinun and plusle were a seperate chain from pikachu that, over years, domestiicated into hoenn and "evovled" there. Similar to how many animals in Africa are also located in India. Though they havn't greatly changed (ex. the indian elephant vs the african), there still are many visable differences.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Okay
Ho-oh
/ | \
Entei Raikou Suicune

Mew+Cloned DNA with added power=Mewtwo
Well those are given, but thanks anyways :)
Hmm...interesting. I've always thought that pinun and plusle were a seperate chain from pikachu that, over years, domestiicated into shinnoh and "evovled" there.

I. Yeah, I'm really interested to tie the "electric rodent" family together.

Pichu-Pikachu-Raichu, Plusle & Minun, and Pachirisu.

I see Plusle & Minun as 'twin' cousins to Pichu, with Pachirisu being a [more] distant cousin to that family. Also, the Marrill family is most likely related to the Pikachu family.

II. Here's something else...

Ekans & Arbok = Seviper
Sandshrew & Sandslash = Zangoose

Did you guys ever realize that because R/S/E were equivalent to R/B/Y, that the Ekans and Sandshrew families were opposites (Ekans available in Red, Sandshrew in Blue), and that Seviper and Zangoose were also mortal enemies, that the 3rd Gen duo were the equivalents of the 1st Gen families? Obviously a very close relation there.

III. Electabuzz, Infernape, Slaking, and Primeape families all share roots, with the Mankey family related to the Grumpig family, and furthermore, the Piloswine family.

IV. Magmar and Golduck families share roots.

V. Jinx and Mr. Mime must be related, but as for a common ancestor... I'm going with the Lake Trio.

VI. Scyther, Scizor, Pinsir, and Heracross must be close, and as for a common ancestor - the Kabutops or Arnaldo family, definitely.

VII. Lucario may be related to Jinx and Mr. Mime, but it may also be related to the likes of Zigzagoon (which may be related to the Stunky family) and Sentret.

VIII. Charizard, Sceptile, Garchomp, Salamence, and perhaps Dragonite share similar roots, probably with Aerodactyl.

IX. The Dragonite and Kindra families are related.

X. The Aggron, Salamence, and Tyranitar families are closely related, as they are all "powerhouse Pokemon" with a cocoon-second stage (Aggron not as much).

IMPORTANT!

We must take into account the "living fossil" Pokemon, as in Relicanth, and probably those such as Tentacool, Staryu, Krabby, Corphish. Shelder, Shellos, Carvanha, Totodile, Remoraid, Geodude, Rhyhorn, and Lapras families. These Pokemon have probably been around as long as the fossil Pokemon, if not, at least much longer than most other Pokemon. The above Pokemon may be seen as common ancestors to other Pokemon, so keep that in mind.

Also, such mammalian Pokemon such as the Slaking family may have been around longer than others.

ALSO, Pokemon such as Mewtwo, Unown, Voltorb, Magnemite, and Rotom would not exist without human influence, so they would be found at the very bottom of the tree. Ghost Pokemon will also be found at the bottom, as they do not possess biological bodies.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Hmmm, This is very interesting and I'd like to be a part of it!

But how are the unknown the cause of humans??
Because they are letters? BUT!!!! What if early humans based their alphabet off of the Unknown????

I also fail to see how Voltorb and Magnemite are, but I'm sure there's a way and I need to brush up..

But how is Tododile a living fossile? Erm, because it's based on crocodiles/alligators, which have changed very little over time? Makes sense, I suppose; as doesn Carvahna and Sharpedo, right?

Hmm actually, Magicarp and Feebas are possibly related? Carvahna perhaps shares a VERY distant relation with them, but branched out relatively quickly?

Staryu and Starmie have probably been around for ages.

BUT WAIT!

Would evolutions be newer on the tree? How is this working? Is it like the "Gyrados family" and "magicarp family" or just "gyrados family"? Personally, I think JUST "gyrados family".

edit: Also Spiritomb is rumored to be quite old, isn't it?? So would it be farther back? And I think ghosts should kinda have their own category, not being extremely new but not being all THAT old either, seeing as they are able to mate, but are... ghostly.

Wrath`

Smash Master
The tree is interesting,

Iggilybuff//jigglypuff// wigglytuff should be related to the clefa//clefairy//clefable families

But it would seem the jigg's family is related to the driffloon family, but I dont see cleafair's family related, so theres a branch.

Some pokemon will be hard, cause didn't darkrai manifest it'self out of bad dreams? meaning no ancestor?

Darkslash

Smash Master
Hmm it could be said then that Torterra family can be the Sinnoh relatives of Blastioise family?

Torterra i assume is a tortoise and Blastoise is a Turtle.
Grass and Water are almost the same with few differences. Both are super effective to ground and rock. Grass though is weak to types that water resist E.I: Fire,Ice,Flying. While Water is weak to Electric and grass.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Hmm it could be said then that Torterra family can be the Sinnoh relatives of Blastioise family? Torterra i assume is a tortoise and Blastoise is a Turtle.
Based off his name, Blastoise is a tortoise. Squirtle and Wartortle are the turtles. And you can throw Torkoal into this conversation as he's also a tortoise.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Well those are given, but thanks anyways :)

I. Yeah, I'm really interested to tie the "electric rodent" family together.

Pichu-Pikachu-Raichu, Plusle & Minun, and Pachirisu.

I see Plusle & Minun as 'twin' cousins to Pichu, with Pachirisu being a [more] distant cousin to that family. Also, the Marrill family is most likely related to the Pikachu family.

II. Here's something else...

Ekans & Arbok = Seviper
Sandshrew & Sandslash = Zangoose

Did you guys ever realize that because R/S/E were equivalent to R/B/Y, that the Ekans and Sandshrew families were opposites (Ekans available in Red, Sandshrew in Blue), and that Seviper and Zangoose were also mortal enemies, that the 3rd Gen duo were the equivalents of the 1st Gen families? Obviously a very close relation there.

III. Electabuzz, Infernape, Slaking, and Primeape families all share roots, with the Mankey family related to the Grumpig family, and furthermore, the Piloswine family.

IV. Magmar and Golduck families share roots.

V. Jinx and Mr. Mime must be related, but as for a common ancestor... I'm going with the Lake Trio.

VI. Scyther, Scizor, Pinsir, and Heracross must be close, and as for a common ancestor - the Kabutops or Arnaldo family, definitely.

VII. Lucario may be related to Jinx and Mr. Mime, but it may also be related to the likes of Zigzagoon (which may be related to the Stunky family) and Sentret.

VIII. Charizard, Sceptile, Garchomp, Salamence, and perhaps Dragonite share similar roots, probably with Aerodactyl.

IX. The Dragonite and Kindra families are related.

X. The Aggron, Salamence, and Tyranitar families are closely related, as they are all "powerhouse Pokemon" with a cocoon-second stage (Aggron not as much).

IMPORTANT!

We must take into account the "living fossil" Pokemon, as in Relicanth, and probably those such as Tentacool, Staryu, Krabby, Corphish. Shelder, Shellos, Carvanha, Totodile, Remoraid, Geodude, Rhyhorn, and Lapras families. These Pokemon have probably been around as long as the fossil Pokemon, if not, at least much longer than most other Pokemon. The above Pokemon may be seen as common ancestors to other Pokemon, so keep that in mind.

Also, such mammalian Pokemon such as the Slaking family may have been around longer than others.

ALSO, Pokemon such as Mewtwo, Unown, Voltorb, Magnemite, and Rotom would not exist without human influence, so they would be found at the very bottom of the tree. Ghost Pokemon will also be found at the bottom, as they do not possess biological bodies.
Intresting...

I'm also sure that...

catirpe and wurmple are related.
Luxray and Manectric.
Mightyena and Houndoom (houndoom must have domesticated to a warmer climate and ,seeing how Pokemon seem to "transform" at a very quick rate, must have begun to evolve there).
I also think that the ancestor of all the bug Pokemon is Armaldo. Through evolution it split into many separate lines. The main branches likely include bug/flying (Pokemon who grew wings) and bugs that stayed on the ground.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Based off his name, Blastoise is a tortoise. Squirtle and Wartortle are the turtles. And you can throw Torkoal into this conversation as he's also a tortoise.

You made me release i was wrong and right at the same time.

The Torterra and Blastiose families both have there first 2 forms as turtles and their last forms as tortoises.

The first 2 forms have part of the word Turtle in it
Turtwig. Grotle, Squirtle and Wartortle .

Then we get the final forms, which have letters that make up Tortoise.

Torterra and Blastoise.

As I said before, both the first 2 forms are Turtles and the last form is a Tortoise. That's ALOT to be a bunch of coincidence so it must be clever planning. Or i'm slowly losing it.

EDIT: More stuff.

The first two forms of the Torterra and Blastoise family look more adapted to water(Grotle though is debatable)
the Final 2 forms are large and look unsuited for water, especially Torterra, whose name is simply Earth Tortoise, if i'm right as i may be wrong.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Okay, all of your help is greatly appreciated, but for the sake of this thread, I will start another based on this Pokemon family idea.

Thank you all, and continue discussing the 5th Gen!

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
How about for 5th Gen, you make catching Pokemon similar to how you catch them on Ranger?

It would increase the chance of catching the Pokemon...

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
^ Not interested in ranger so I haven't played it; but making pokemon hard to catch makes the game fun!!

The catching system should remain the same; plus it's freakin' awesome if you get to brag you caught a legendary your first try with a pokeball. Or just plain wiht a pokeball.

Mr. Game and Pichu

Smash Journeyman
@ Temperature and Environment Evos: ahahah no

You got some good ideas, but Environment Evos would be cheap and hard to program and other stuff, and temperatures and changing the style/types would wreck pokemon, because that is what it's all about.

Again, kudos to your other ideas

Wrath`

Smash Master
I have relized they dont have more than one difficulty level.

If they a harder one, they could make trainers levelse higher(obviously),Have less items in field, make items at pokemart higher or make money a bit more scarce. Have more trainers to fight or give them more brainpower.(aka make a ghost trainer stop using ghost moves on my NORMAL type, it was funny)

Psychoace

Smash Champion
The tree is interesting,

Iggilybuff//jigglypuff// wigglytuff should be related to the clefa//clefairy//clefable families

But it would seem the jigg's family is related to the driffloon family, but I dont see cleafair's family related, so theres a branch.

Some pokemon will be hard, cause didn't darkrai manifest it'self out of bad dreams? meaning no ancestor?
gastly, haunter, gengar.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I have relized they dont have more than one difficulty level.

If they a harder one, they could make trainers levelse higher(obviously),Have less items in field, make items at pokemart higher or make money a bit more scarce. Have more trainers to fight or give them more brainpower.(aka make a ghost trainer stop using ghost moves on my NORMAL type, it was funny)
While I kinda like this idea, I'm also sorta against it because pokemon is an RPG, and I feel it should just get harder as the story progresses.

I liked 2nd Gen. pokemon the most, it seemed to have everything right about it, and the difficulty arced at a good pace IMO.

Top Bottom