• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon - The 5th Generation

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
Focusing more on plot = win

Elite Four with level 90 Pokemon = fail.

I'm not going to train on level 40 Rhydons in victory road for fifty levels...
Oh, I guess I forgot to mention that what I meant was that it would be like that in the second round. Like in FR/LG. You fight the Elite Four for the first time, but then they get stronger the second time. The first time around they would be at a reasonable level, but the second time, the Elite Four is more optional than it previously way.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Oh, I guess I forgot to mention that what I meant was that it would be like that in the second round. Like in FR/LG. You fight the Elite Four for the first time, but then they get stronger the second time. The first time around they would be at a reasonable level, but the second time, the Elite Four is more optional than it previously way.
That would work. Also it would shut up the annoying kids on Youtube saying

"I baet elit for with lvl 100s"

About the Elite 4 in your last post. Verity please. No single type so i can just use 1 Pokemon against them.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
That would work. Also it would shut up the annoying kids on Youtube saying

"I baet elit for with lvl 100s"

About the Elite 4 in your last post. Verity please. No single type so i can just use 1 Pokemon against them.
you can't get rid of the single typing, because that would kill the purpose.
if they gave the elite 4 some single types but the same amount of dual types with less or more weakness'
I like the idea of stronger Elite 4 the second time.

M.K

Level 55
Isn't Rotom basically "Light"? Yet, he is comprised of elements that make him Light. I don't think Light deserves its own typing.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
you can't get rid of the single typing, because that would kill the purpose.
if they gave the elite 4 some single types but the same amount of dual types with less or more weakness'
I like the idea of stronger Elite 4 the second time.
I liked bruno. He was considered a ground E4 but he had a lot of fighting types, his strongest pokemon was a fighting type.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I think I got mixed up. I meant to say that he is a fighting type but has some ground types on his team. There aren't very many E4 who do that (not counting obvious mix-ups like ice and water).
He has 2 onix the first time around, then stellixes,, eich is funny scince they are weak to fighting.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I think I got mixed up. I meant to say that he is a fighting type but has some ground types on his team. There aren't very many E4 who do that (not counting obvious mix-ups like ice and water).
I hate that with the new ground E4 (the old lady) she has quagsire and wichcash. They are immune to electric so no water super effective, and ther ground isn't affected by water

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I hate that with the new ground E4 (the old lady) she has quagsire and wichcash. They are immune to electric so no water super effective, and ther ground isn't affected by water
Am I the only one who thinks she is related to Agatha? There names are even similar.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Am I the only one who thinks she is related to Agatha? There names are even similar.
it's eaither the same person but much older, or they are related. Every time I battle her I think the same thing.

Does anyone think there should be an alternate evolution from haunter or a bad@zz gengar evolution. not a fat failed one like the new ones, but one with the same imagination that they had in gen.1 and gen.3

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
Bruno with Steelixes sucks, even though he has type coverage, he can get sweeped by a Charizard with two moves: Fly and Flamethrower.

I do think that Agatha and the new E4 person are related. They just seem so similar.

Wrath`

Smash Master
it's eaither the same person but much older, or they are related. Every time I battle her I think the same thing.

Does anyone think there should be an alternate evolution from haunter or a bad@zz gengar evolution. not a fat failed one like the new ones, but one with the same imagination that they had in gen.1 and gen.2
fixed, well ghosts are kinda well wierd to do unless it was a human ghost type thing, wich would be un pokemon like

Mewter

Smash Master

Does anyone think there should be an alternate evolution from haunter or a bad@zz gengar evolution. not a fat failed one like the new ones, but one with the same imagination that they had in gen.1 and gen.3

Tada!
Nah, never mind.:laugh:Hey, SPire, my first post in this thread incudes the legendary info on Lugia and regice. Just letting you know.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
As some of you may know, a topic of discussion in the Zelda Thread recently was about a Zelda game that would take place in the Future.

What about a Pokemon game then? This is off-topic, I know, but it's mainly out of curiosity. If you guys don't feel like talking about it, just ignore this post.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
As some of you may know, a topic of discussion in the Zelda Thread recently was about a Zelda game that would take place in the Future.

What about a Pokemon game then? This is off-topic, I know, but it's mainly out of curiosity. If you guys don't feel like talking about it, just ignore this post.
pokemon games are in whatever time you want them to be in past 1990. but if you mean completely futuristic then maybe

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

This is actually an interesting idea. Advancing technology in the Pokemon games (not that it's not already pretty advanced -- the technology of Poke Balls is pretty amazing when you think about it) could add lots of interesting things into it. I can't think of any ideas at the moment, but that could be pretty awesome.

And to do as much as possible to destroy that Eeveelution thread from existence, I'll ask the question -- thoughts about Eeveelutions?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I for one would like to see only 1 eevee next gen. A dragon eevee. That would be the last special Atk type and plus it would make sense because dragons are rare and powerful creatures (that's why he would be the only eevee in the gen/ever).

Spire

III
BRoomer
I COMPLETELY forgot about this region I made quite a while back. This is based off of my "urbanized" Pokemon world idea. Aside from what you see in the map, I have no names for any of the places aside from ideas. It's based off of the Sinnoh map and is inspired by Ilex's custom maps (for the record, this is not based off of any particular landmass on Earth):

XACE-K

Smash Master
I COMPLETELY forgot about this region I made quite a while back. This is based off of my "urbanized" Pokemon world idea. Aside from what you see in the map, I have no names for any of the places aside from ideas. It's based off of the Sinnoh map and is inspired by Ilex's custom maps (for the record, this is not based off of any particular landmass on Earth):

Looks like a mix of all the regions IMO.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Makes me glad i love Gen IV Grass Starter.

Spire your map seems so familiar to me, but i don't know where to put my finger on it.....Gah

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Please, please, for God's sake Nintendo don't make anymore Hello Kitty's Island Adventure rip-offs for Pokemon anymore.

After I saw Combee (I think that's its name), I freaked out.
It was disgusting.

Give the Pokemon animal - like features like the first generation, and have the pokemon features make sense.

Mewter

Smash Master
Light is a pretty touchy subject. Light is generated by Fire and Electricity, and is related to all types. Light is energy, and if you were to give that to a Pokemon, they would be supreme.

However, if it were a type, it would definitely be weak to Grass, as Grass photosynthesizes light. I see it as the following. It should actually be strong against Ice, because as a source of energy, it can melt it. Not nearly as strong against it as Fire is, but still strong.

Weak to: Grass, Fighting
Strong against: Ghost, Dark, Ice
Resist: Fire, Electricity

And by the way, Poison really isn't evil. Things that are "poisonous" are merely proteins from another source that the body cannot regulate, and hence, is destroyed by the entrance of the foreign material. Poison is more so "alien", so it's not evil.
The type "Light" should be changed to something like... "radiation" or something, because it is a kind of radiation, and it should be able to also beat grass types..... by killing off all the cells in the plant.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
The type "Light" should be changed to something like... "radiation" or something, because it is a kind of radiation, and it should be able to also beat grass types..... by killing off all the cells in the plant.
I can't see a pokemon being radiation type. Light seems to cover I wider range of pokemon that could fit in.

Mewter

Smash Master
I can't see a pokemon being radiation type. Light seems to cover I wider range of pokemon that could fit in.
I can't see why an electric type pokemon can't be a light type, though.
"O! CooOOL! LigHt DragUnas FigHtInG DaurK DraginZ!"
I want to see this. They don't have enough dragons in the game, and only about 2 of them deserve the title.
*Garchomp, Giratina*

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I can't see why an electric type pokemon can't be a light type, though.
"O! CooOOL! LigHt DragUnas FigHtInG DaurK DraginZ!"
I want to see this. They don't have enough dragons in the game, and only about 2 of them deserve the title.
*Garchomp, Giratina*
Dragonite and Salamance seem very "dragonish" to me.

Electricity is diffrent then light. It's like saying ice is the same as water. Electricity is strong against water and flying while light isn't (light is closer to fire).
Electricity is weak to ground but light isn't.

Darkslash

Smash Master
But Doesn't grass eat Light for Breakfast,lunch and Dinner...Wait a minute thats the only thing they eat.:ohwell:

Radiation isn't all bad. Just alpha,beta and Gamma rays :p

zrky

Smash Lol'd
But Doesn't grass eat Light for Breakfast,lunch and Dinner...Wait a minute thats the only thing they eat.:ohwell:

Radiation isn't all bad. Just alpha,beta and Gamma rays :p
yup, and that's why Spire suggested grass be weak to it.

Your right radiation isn't horrible, it just has gamma rays which can kill you*sarcasm*

Spire

III
BRoomer
Despite how cool Light could be, if there's a new type, it should be entirely unique and stand out far from any other type - a type that would actually diversify the world of Pokemon, rather than being an "alternative" to any other type.

I think a really great type could be:

Sound

Pokemon that are highly attuned with vibrations and the connection between all things would be "Sound" Pokemon, a sort of cross between Electric and Psychic, conceptually. The stats are as follows:

Weak to:
Psychic, Fire (both disrupt the molecular connection between all things)
Strong against: Rock, Ghost, Flying (Rocks can be shattered by vibration; Ghosts, as negative forms of energy, are overwhelmed by the "sound" vibration; and Flying is harmed by vibrations through the wind)
Resist: Dragon, Electricity (Dragon's roars and Electricity create vibrations, which do not effect Sound much, as that is what it is based around).

Pokemon that could be edited to be Sound:
  • Whismur
  • Loudred
  • Exploud
  • Voltorb
  • Electrode
  • Jigglypuff
  • Wigglytuff
  • Igglybuff
  • Aipom
  • Ambipom
  • Chingling
  • Chimecho
  • Bronzor (change Psychic)
  • Bronzong (change Psychic)
  • Chatot (change Normal)

Darkslash

Smash Master
Despite how cool Light could be, if there's a new type, it should be entirely unique and stand out far from any other type - a type that would actually diversify the world of Pokemon, rather than being an "alternative" to any other type.

Sound

Pokemon that are highly attuned with vibrations and the connection between all things would be "Sound" Pokemon, a sort of cross between Electric and Psychic, conceptually. The stats are as follows:

Weak to:
Strong against: Rock, Ghost, Flying (Rocks can be shattered by vibration; Ghosts, as negative forms of energy, are overwhelmed by the "sound" vibration; and Flying is harmed by vibrations through the wind)
Resist: Dragon, Electricity (Dragon's roars and Electricity create vibrations, which do not effect Sound much, as that is what it is based around).

• Whismur
  • Loudred
  • Exploud
  • Voltorb
  • Electrode
  • Jigglypuff
  • Wigglytuff
  • Igglybuff
  • Aipom
  • Ambipom
  • Chingling
  • Chimecho
  • Chatot (change Normal)
Holy god you should be working for Pokemon :ohwell:

I could of never thought of sound.

Wrath`

Smash Master

Sound

Weak to:

• Whismur
  • Loudred
  • Exploud
  • Voltorb
  • Electrode
  • Jigglypuff
  • Wigglytuff
  • Igglybuff
  • Aipom
  • Ambipom
  • Chingling
  • Chimecho
  • Chatot (change Normal)

Nice list and good reasoning, but lets talk about the type Electric, in a bolt of lighting there is two parts, the actual lightning(the actual electricity part) and then thunder(sound part) so I think electricity should do normal 1x damage, because the actual power is not the vibration but the electricity.

zrky

Smash Lol'd

Sound

Weak to:

• Whismur
  • Loudred
  • Exploud
  • Voltorb
  • Electrode
  • Jigglypuff
  • Wigglytuff
  • Igglybuff
  • Aipom
  • Ambipom
  • Chingling
  • Chimecho
  • Chatot (change Normal)
WOW, like Darkslash said, you should try to work for Nintendo or atleast send your ideas to them. Good thinking.I think that dragon should bee 1x since your only thinkinsg about one aspect of the dragons instead of the whole of the range that dragons can cover when thought of. Still good idea.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Nice list and good reasoning, but lets talk about the type Electric, in a bolt of lighting there is two parts, the actual lightning(the actual electricity part) and then thunder(sound part) so I think electricity should do normal 1x damage, because the actual power is not the vibration but the electricity.
Well first of all, electricity is not all about lightning and thunder. It's about the electrical currents running through, well, all things really, but electric Pokemon are more in tune with THOSE currents. The high voltage zaps your nervous system and overloads your body with electricity. Sound would definitely not do that, as the currents that sound produces would help to stabilize the body, keeping it "sound". That is my reasoning for its resistance to Electric.
WOW, like Darkslash said, you should try to work for Nintendo or atleast send your ideas to them. Good thinking.I think that dragon should bee 1x since your only thinkinsg about one aspect of the dragons instead of the whole of the range that dragons can cover when thought of. Still good idea.
Well, Dragon is a really touchy subject, and really, so is bug. If Pokemon were actually realistic, Krabby, Kingler, Corphish, Crawdaunt, and probably some others that I have not listed would actually be Water/Bug, being that crustaceans are actually bugs. Dragon and Bug are the only two types that do not represent elements, so configuring them into Resistances, Weaknesses, etc, is touchy, as what they represent doesn't make much sense at all. Why is Dragon weak to Ice? Really? Can you make much sense of that? Couldn't it be weak to Electric? Or Psychic? How I see Dragon is a, "Pokemon that is a large, semi-legendary beast." Not many Pokemon resist Dragon (if any, but none come to mind) so because Dragon Pokemon are tacked on every now and then as the "big, bad, rare Pokemon", they sort of stand out apart from the majority of other 3rd stage Pokemon, and hence, are not very sound. I don't know, it's hard to explain. Maybe it'll change. Any suggestions for changing Sound's strengths, weaknesses, and resistances?

Silverline

Smash Apprentice
Light and Sound....while the ideas are interesting, the sounds like something out of a little kids fanfic more then they sounds like something outta pokemon. We've already got sound attacks, and pokemon that have a resistance to them (Voltorb and Wishmur families), but as a type, it just doesn't sound like it belongs. In the case of Light... well, we DO have the Dark type, but it's in my own personal opinon that we don't need new types, just the changing and further fine tuning of old ones.

If there were a type to be added in the future, considering the fact that a Pokemon is dedicated to it, I could see Aura being a future type. While it would probably have a different name then that, or maybe even that name in of itself, I could see Aura being a type where a pokemon uses it's own life enegries in a fight, kinda like everyone's favorite Neo-legendary Lucario.

Mewter

Smash Master
How About a type called....
Vacuum

Absolutely no particle attacks. This type uses the loss of molecules to attack

Weaknesses:
Ghost(They may be a type of "antimatter"), Dark, Psychic(Travels and attacks with an immaterial thing) and Fighting...

Resistant to:
Fire,(It needs oxygen to combust) Electricity(it needs a conductor to travel through), Flying(Flying needs air to do anything)
And sound... as it needs a medium

Strong against:
Everything it is resistant to

What do you think?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
How About a type called....
Vacuum

Absolutely no particle attacks. This type uses the loss of molecules to attack

Weaknesses:
Ghost(They may be a type of "antimatter"), Dark, Psychic(Travels and attacks with an immaterial thing) and Fighting...

Resistant to:
Fire,(It needs oxygen to combust) Electricity(it needs a conductor to travel through), Flying(Flying needs air to do anything)
And sound... as it needs a medium

Strong against:
Everything it is resistant to

What do you think?
Almost every element or thing in this world is weak or strong to something, thats not what were looking for. A vacuum type pokemon? How many pokemon would be able to fit into that category.

Top Bottom