• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon - The 5th Generation

Wrath`

Smash Master
If anyone is going to be working on a new stadium like game, I want it to be HAL Laboratories, since they are the original creators of the Stadium games and, of course, did the best when it came to the games. There's also several things that would need to be put in or fixed to make the game epic.

The return of Minigames: Not only did it add a bit of fun for those of us who have a team up and ready to fight every time, it was a fantastic for those who didn't play Pokemon as much and was easy enough for everyone to have fun. Also, being able to use your own Pokemon in the Minigame itself was a great idea and should return with the games themselves. Suggestions to make it better would be to have at least twenty different minigames compared to the previous number of twelve and expand the number of Pokemon usable in the minigames, to where at least Pokemon that are similar in structure to another could join in on the fun. Maybe even a Ribbon or happiness gain with your Pokemon could happen as a victory at the Minigames.

Gym Leader Castle: This needs to return, not just in the sense of the Stadium games, but as a huge *** upgrade as well. Since we all know deep in our hearts that a Console based RPG that takes us through all the regions is out of the question, this can be the next best thing in letting us fight all the respective Gym Leaders and Elite Four members in existence. Things that could make this better might be a choose of what Gym leaders you want to fight (So you could choice between region) or branching choices, where one battle might lead you to fight Erika next while the other might guide you to Sabrina or what not.

Pokemon Academy: I don't know about you all, but one of the things I loved from Stadium 2 was the Academy, not only letting you see the stats and abilities of a Pokemon, but their evolution requirements, movesets, and 3D design too! It also gave quizzes to teach younger and more inexperienced players all about Pokemon, and gave us Pro's a refresher course. This could easily be upgraded in the Academy giving us percent ratings on where a Pokemon might appear or even the availability to see all their animations from the 3D game, so we don't have to go though a whole bunch of moves to see them all (Specifically, in my case, I want to see all the fainting animations).

Offering Legendaries: While the ability to gain Pokemon as prizes from completing pieces of the game is nothing in itself new, Giving us something like a Mew or Ho-oh for our troubles shouldn't be too far out of the question. Not only would it stop the unbelievable amount of sharked Pokemon but it would give those of us who can't go to events our very own legendary Pokemon to do with as we wanted.

Graphics and Animations: There is NO excuse for the fact that we have Pokemon using the same graphics and animations since Pokemon Stadium. Yes, some Pokemon have been updated in looks and what not in the 3D game since then (Most notably Scyther) but most of them are still so old or horribly done that you can actually count the Polygons on their bodies. I'm also kinda tired of seeing Aerodactyl spases out and do a backwards cannonball every time he's hit with even the weakest attack. Also, what's with Machokes face? When did he get a duck bill like face?

Online play: UNDER NO EXCUSE SHOULD BATTLE REVOLUTIONS ONLINE SUCK THAT MUCH. I know Nintendo in general is new to the whole online deal, but seriously, giving us something as big as Pokemon that has that bad an Online? It's comparable to that of Brawl's online and is considerably worse.

Character's and Trainers: Yes, having the ability to change your character is cool and all, but unless it's something like the Soul Caliber Three character creator, or something where you can actually change the size and body weight of the character, it isn't worth it. Also, the game is about the Pokemon, not the Trainers. Don't spent half a minute of the tamers dancing about in their pretty clothes before we even see our first Pikachu. Also, what the hell use are the Seals if we can't see them in a 3D match? I want to see my Gyarados shoot lighting from his mouth because of the way I've set up his seals, dang it!

Pokeballs: Though we've got a bit of this in PBR and the Gamecube titles, I want to actually see a Pokemon Emerging from a pokeball. I want to see something huge and strong appear from such a tiny source instead of the camera focusing on the ball itself and then switch to the Pokemon growing from the floor like fungus.

That's about all I can think of for now, but still, these things need to be included/taken care off in the next Stadium game if we're wanting a good game.
I'm sensing vast amounts of win right here.

One thing I'd like to point out, is that jumpluff's shadows of it puffs apear on the ground as CUBES, not PSHERES. fix please. just a random fact.

Darkslash

Smash Master
The Only Game i would play Minigames is a Pokemon Stadium Game...Not Collosium STADIUM DANG IT. Plus a 60 buck game for the value of a 20$ shovel ware game is crazy.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Man I get no credit for the legendary stories. Some of them were originally mine, Mewter just upgraded on them. :ohwell: Ya....im a little bit of a whiner :laugh:

Mewter

Smash Master
Man I get no credit for the legendary stories. Some of them were originally mine, Mewter just upgraded on them. :ohwell: Ya....im a little bit of a whiner :laugh:
I added you as a credit-er.
:laugh:
Mewter, if we move this to the 5th Gen Thread, we can reorganize your OP here and post in my OP under the "Legendary Pokemon" section with all credits to you, and anyone else respectively.

EDIT: I added it to the OP and cleaned it up a bit. Of course, much more editing will have to be done as it's a baby right now, but nevertheless, it's there, and up for discussion in the 5th Gen thread.
Thanks, but use the one in my first post in Fifth Gen thread. It's more updated. It has Lugia's adventure. And moreof regice's.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I LOVED the likitung game.

For stadium 3 it be cool if like in the original stadiums they had the different colored pokemon based on the name. and shinies could have the normal coloring

Darkslash

Smash Master
I LOVED the likitung game.

For stadium 3 it be cool if like in the original stadiums they had the different colored pokemon based on the name. and shinies could have the normal coloring
Minigames there were to release the stress caused by it. I still havn't passed the Rocket castle and never will :(

Darkslash

Smash Master
If your talking about Stadium2, me and my friend are trying to finally finish that part.
Yea I played that when i was a TOTAL noob with pokemon. It was amazing that i got there in the first place :)

I tried pitting a Ivysaur against a arcanine, did not end good :(

Plus i lost my copy so i'll never finish it.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Tyranitar is simply beat by fighting with it's 4x advanteg as D.Slash has said, but any good special attack will put him out to, his special D is preety low.

Silverline

Smash Apprentice
If I remember Lance's Pokemon Stadium 2 team correctly, all you'll need is a Jolteon (For Gyarados and possibly Aerodactyl), Primape (For Tyranitar), and Lapras (For the dragons). It should be reasonable, really. Just use you're own trained pokemon, not the Rentals.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Any ways about 5th Gen..

New Random Stalker thats not Dawn/Lucas that later turns out to be *gasp* the Champion!

WE all know in the original pokemon that we were surprised that our Rival(blue) turns out to be the Champ. All Gasps. Now we have the random stalker person who then turns out to be the champ.

How about this

the Random stalker person is actually the final Elite 4 Member. The Champion is then your Rival with a newly met Pokemon that had it since your 2nd encounter but never used it. And if you guessed ,the Pokemon that a dragon type that almost has the same Base stats as a legendary, then your right :p

Mewter

Smash Master
I have an idea.
Thereis no "champion."
Seriously, just make the Elite four crazy hard. We don't need a champion. The only reason there was a champion in the first generation was because your rival claimed the title and got there first.
How about there is a champion, just not at the elite four. There are multiplechampions scattered across the regions, and you have to beat all of them to be named the Pokemon Master.

Wrath`

Smash Master
So the locations of these chapions

Kanto region: Cerulean cave, and then after defete lets you face mewtwo
Jhoto region: Mt Silver, same place red was, and somehow give you an item that allows you to meet celibii

Hoenn region: Make a pathway to the east of the sea routes that leads to rough dark water, and encounter an Island where the next champ lies, then they give you a choice of item that allows you to see ethier deoxys or jirachi.

Shinnoh region: Underground place on the Northen island where the battle towers are, or some secret forst pathway. Then they give you the choice of item that allows shamin or darkrai to be seen.

And after you beat all 4 champions you can get something somewhere for arceus.

And I think the elite fours should stay, you need 8 badges and the elite 4 beat in that region for the champ to face you.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
In the Jhoto reguin, you should battle an even MORE hardcore Red, and ALSO Silver (what was his name?) in a team battle at the same place Red is faught. That'd be... an EVIL match hehe.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
So the locations of these chapions

Kanto region: Cerulean cave, and then after defete lets you face mewtwo
Jhoto region: Mt Silver, same place red was, and somehow give you an item that allows you to meet celibii

Hoenn region: Make a pathway to the east of the sea routes that leads to rough dark water, and encounter an Island where the next champ lies, then they give you a choice of item that allows you to see ethier deoxys or jirachi.

Shinnoh region: Underground place on the Northen island where the battle towers are, or some secret forst pathway. Then they give you the choice of item that allows shamin or darkrai to be seen.

And after you beat all 4 champions you can get something somewhere for arceus.

And I think the elite fours should stay, you need 8 badges and the elite 4 beat in that region for the champ to face you.
Wow, great ideas! That would actually work really well, as opposed to having the Champion in the Elite 4. I really don't think that the Champion belongs there--the only reason you fought the Champion in R/B/Y is because they had JUST beaten the Elite Four. In the other games the Champion was just waiting there. Well then, why do you not sit there and wait when YOU become the Champion? It was stupid.

In the Jhoto reguin, you should battle an even MORE hardcore Red, and ALSO Silver (what was his name?) in a team battle at the same place Red is faught. That'd be... an EVIL match hehe.
Wouldn't it be Gold? And maybe your Rival in the game (who I suppose would be Silver) could replace a Gym Leader/Elite Four member (who could perhaps replace a Gym Leader/Elite Four member from a future generation, preferably fourth), and when you encounter them they speak briefly of how they used to treat their Pokemon awfully, but then realized that they had to treat them as friends and then became powerful enough to be part of the Elite Four...'cause, you know, throughout the entire game he pushed his Pokemon too far and finally, after thinking through what LANCE had said to him, he realized that he was heartless and had to treat his Pokemon better. So you know, that'd be a cool reference to G/S/C for all of us Pokemaniacs out there.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Wouldn't it be Gold? And maybe your Rival in the game (who I suppose would be Silver) could replace a Gym Leader/Elite Four member (who could perhaps replace a Gym Leader/Elite Four member from a future generation, preferably fourth), and when you encounter them they speak briefly of how they used to treat their Pokemon awfully, but then realized that they had to treat them as friends and then became powerful enough to be part of the Elite Four...'cause, you know, throughout the entire game he pushed his Pokemon too far and finally, after thinking through what LANCE had said to him, he realized that he was heartless and had to treat his Pokemon better. So you know, that'd be a cool reference to G/S/C for all of us Pokemaniacs out there.
Silver or Pearl as a Gym Leader or Elite 4? Thats wicked. But about Brendan and May..your rival is the opposite gender...so how are we going to work that out?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Silver or Pearl as a Gym Leader or Elite 4? Thats wicked. But about Brendan and May..your rival is the opposite gender...so how are we going to work that out?
Meh. Pearl can die for all I care.

As for Brendan/May, I'm sure it can't be that hard to implement one or the other depending on your gender. They've done the same thing since game 1 depending on the starter you chose, with your Rival's team, so...can't be that difficult.

Plus, considering the fact that you wouldn't be either Brendan or May, you'd probably see both. Perhaps they could both be as they were in R/S/E--helpful Rivals. They could meet you and fight you, but they'd also give you helpful items and such. Which yes, would mean that Lucas and Dawn wouldn't have a part.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Meh. Pearl can die for all I care.

As for Brendan/May, I'm sure it can't be that hard to implement one or the other depending on your gender. They've done the same thing since game 1 depending on the starter you chose, with your Rival's team, so...can't be that difficult.

Plus, considering the fact that you wouldn't be either Brendan or May, you'd probably see both. Perhaps they could both be as they were in R/S/E--helpful Rivals. They could meet you and fight you, but they'd also give you helpful items and such. Which yes, would mean that Lucas and Dawn wouldn't have a part.
Ehh Pearl Alright.

Maybe if you go to the Sinnoh Region Lucas and Dawn are both Professor Rowan assistants. They then do what they did in D/P. Stalk you....but are actually helpful this time.

Hmm maybe there should be feature which could build up their teams like Wireless connection. Your D/P team can make a cameo in 5th Gen by the gender you choose in 4th Gen.

Yaya

Smash Champion
I say all the rivals from the past 4 Generations make up the Elite 4, that's just me though.

And your rival from this Generation as the Champion?

Just throwing that out there.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I say all the rivals from the past 4 Generations make up the Elite 4, that's just me though.

And your rival from this Generation as the Champion?

Just throwing that out there.
I don't think the rivals from past generations would be the best idea. I think Lance should come back, or have a son that is also a dragon Elite 4.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Wow, great ideas! That would actually work really well, as opposed to having the Champion in the Elite 4. I really don't think that the Champion belongs there--the only reason you fought the Champion in R/B/Y is because they had JUST beaten the Elite Four. In the other games the Champion was just waiting there. Well then, why do you not sit there and wait when YOU become the Champion? It was stupid.

What I was thinking is that, like how you fight Red, the playable character from red/blue/yellow in g/s/c, you fight the playable character (silver/gold/whatever) from g/s/c who is teamed up with Red. It's like after Red is defeated the two train together....! And then you face them both. I think that'd be an AWESOME experience, and a semi-trip to the past. They'd both be in Mount Silver where you originally find Red.

Pika25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pika250
3DS FC
0173-1819-2264
What I was thinking is that, like how you fight Red, the playable character from red/blue/yellow in g/s/c, you fight the playable character (silver/gold/whatever) from g/s/c who is teamed up with Red. It's like after Red is defeated the two train together....! And then you face them both. I think that'd be an AWESOME experience, and a semi-trip to the past. They'd both be in Mount Silver where you originally find Red.
And at the very summit.

Wrath`

Smash Master
They are purchasable for battle points (48).
I'm :******:'ed for not kowing that one.

I think we need a new type of pokemon, we got Dark and steel, but I think we could use one more.

The two I had in mine were: Light and Plasma

Plasma would only be a few pokemon like , Rotum or electrive being a elec/plasma type would be cool. and mabey some new ones.

Light , I cant think of any pokemon would fit this type, but we have dark, so i'd thought we sould have it's oppisite.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I don't think Plasma would work. Light might work, but what about Plastic:laugh:
They could make a crystal type:
weakness:crystal, water (reasons:rocks of the same type can scratch the other(crystal/crystal), water erodes crystal) it could be an almost indestructible type such as dragon.
strengths: let the director of pokemon figure it out

Wrath`

Smash Master
Light:
Strengths:Dark/Poision (due to being evil)
Weaknesses: Fighting(the Fighting spirit) Ghost(i dont know why)

Attack strengths: Dark/Poison
Attack weaknesses: Steel/Ghost/Ice(due to reflecting light)

Spire

III
BRoomer
Light is a pretty touchy subject. Light is generated by Fire and Electricity, and is related to all types. Light is energy, and if you were to give that to a Pokemon, they would be supreme.

However, if it were a type, it would definitely be weak to Grass, as Grass photosynthesizes light. I see it as the following. It should actually be strong against Ice, because as a source of energy, it can melt it. Not nearly as strong against it as Fire is, but still strong.

Weak to: Grass, Fighting
Strong against: Ghost, Dark, Ice
Resist: Fire, Electricity

And by the way, Poison really isn't evil. Things that are "poisonous" are merely proteins from another source that the body cannot regulate, and hence, is destroyed by the entrance of the foreign material. Poison is more so "alien", so it's not evil.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Light is a pretty touchy subject. Light is generated by Fire and Electricity, and is related to all types. Light is energy, and if you were to give that to a Pokemon, they would be supreme.

However, if it were a type, it would definitely be weak to Grass, as Grass photosynthesizes light. I see it as the following. It should actually be strong against Ice, because as a source of energy, it can melt it. Not nearly as strong against it as Fire is, but still strong.

Weak to: Grass, Fighting
Strong against: Ghost, Dark, Ice
Resist: Fire, Electricity

And by the way, Poison really isn't evil. Things that are "poisonous" are merely proteins from another source that the body cannot regulate, and hence, is destroyed by the entrance of the foreign material. Poison is more so "alien", so it's not evil.

If we go by that then light would have to be strong against poison anyway, due to eradicating deeply embeded poisons by elimnating the cells that have them, and to do that Radiation is neede, and all radiation is light energy, like gamma rays and x rays and such, so It still stands that light is good against poison.

Spire

III
BRoomer
If we go by that then light would have to be strong against poison anyway, due to eradicating deeply embeded poisons by elimnating the cells that have them, and to do that Radiation is neede, and all radiation is light energy, like gamma rays and x rays and such, so It still stands that light is good against poison.
Good point. It's a shame the kiddies would never understand our logic and answer with, "lite woud b so cool bcuz the legendarys coud be a big lite dragon vs a big dark dragon and u coud catch thim both."

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
First off, I think they should seriously ramp up the difficulty level on the story mode. Actually, they should make difficulty levels. Easy would have the same difficulty as the previous games. I'll explain what I think hard should be like.

Light and dark should be a set of wacky types that are both good against each other. Even though it doesn't make much real life sense, it makes sense in a game. Dark and Light are two conflicting things making it natural for them to both be strong against each other.

The gyms should take out their annoying puzzles and trainers and just make the gym leader super tough. It should figure out the average experience a player would obtain by the time they get to the specific gym and make the gym leader have about 10-15 levels (total) more exp and spread it amongst their Pokemon.

As for the Elite four, they should be all of the protagonists from previous games. They would have diverse typing and incredibly high levels. The members will go in reverse order starting with Dawn and ending with Red. So in order that would be: Dawn, Ruby, Crystal, Red (gotta keep the females involved XD) Each would have all 3 of their generations starters as well as Pokemon that came out in that generation except Red, he'll keep his team from G/S/C, but will be seriously overpowered. I mean high 80s to mid 90s.

Also, they should have second form Eeveelutions. They would be obtained by using insanely difficult methods such as:
Leveling up while at max happiness at a certain time of day while holding the stone of their type while defeating another Pokemon of the same type that's at least 10 levels higher without any other Pokemon on your team in the mountain of their type.
Their names would all end with Era (similar to eon) the element will be made tougher sounding like Delugera(Vaporeon) Blazera(Flareon) Plasmera(Jolteon) I couldn't think of really good names, these were off the top of my head. Plasma for Jolteon cause Lightning is a form of plasma.

Obviously, I would rather Pokemon be difficult, but I know that's never gonna happen, so this is my ideal Pokemon game. Whew that was way too long.

Edit: I also think they should focus more on plot, like the Pokemon Special manga. If you haven't read it, go check it out, it's really good. Anyway, the one thing holding pokemon back is terrible plot. Every game is the same, get the 8 badges and defeat the Elite Four while along the way defeating an evil organization using Pokemon with bad intentions. (Lol I think that exact description is somewhere in wikipedia). Anyway, the game should have plot twists and sub-adventures involving the legendaries (I think Mewter covered this on the first page). The game should also use the environment during battles. For example, being able to use water type attacks on the ground to turn it to mud thus lowering the opponent's speed. Maybe using Razor Leaf on the trees to make leaves fall and increase avoidability.

One thing that I hoped the game would have forever was Move Mastery as I like to call it. Basically, the more you use a move, the more powerful it becomes, for some moves this may decrease chance of failure, increase accuracy, or decrease recoil damage. So depending on the way a Pokemon learns a move, the longer it will take to master it. If a Pichu learns Thunder prematurely, it will take recoil damage from the attack, it will also suffer decreased accuracy, and maybe low power. Once Pichu learns to use the move by using it more often, it will start taking less recoil, hit more, and do more damage. Once the move is mastered, it will be like a regular thunder with 70 accuracy 120 power and no recoil. Some attacks will be harder to master than others, some like growl or tackle require no mastery at all, while things like Frenzy Plant, Draco Meteor, and Sheer Cold will take quite a while to master before they can reach full potential.

The game should also feature something a bit more gruesome... Pokemon death.
I haven't really thought about this much because I realize it would probably degrade the series and thus not be added. (Plus it would take out the kiddy part in the game) Upon further contemplation though, that if done correctly, death could become an important part of the game. Obviously, the most logical thing to do would be to have Pokemon die during the course of the plot, making it unavoidable. In regular battles though, death would be caused by overkill from attacks. Say your level 1 Pichu was hit by a level 100 Earthquake from something like Groudon. If Pichu takes enough damage, say 1000% of it's health in 1 hit, Pichu would sustain serious damage and will die if not taken to a hospital within a certain time. The Pokemon is then unusable in battle for another amount of time and will stay in the hospital until it is recovered. Pokemon will also have age, this means if a Pokemon is too young or too old, it will reach fatal condition more easily than Pokemon in their prime. When a Pokemon is first born, it may be able to only take 500% of it's HP in damage before it reaches fatal condition, but at it's prime, it may be able to take 5000% of its HP in damage. When a Pokemon grows too old, it will start decreasing again and it will eventually only be able to take 200% of its damage before reaching fatal condition. The amount of time given to get a Pokemon to a hospital will also change with age.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Focusing more on plot = win

Elite Four with level 90 Pokemon = fail.

I'm not going to train on level 40 Rhydons in victory road for fifty levels...

Top Bottom