• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Welcome, nice to see more GW mains. Love the avatar.

Gonna have to hold off on posting those GW vs MK matches. Left my wii at the tourney. AXE messaged me on facebook about it and I hadn't even realized i didnt have it funnily enough.

we have a regional coming up and I dont even get to practice. balls =P

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Nah it's just a dead site no one cares about that hasn't been updated for months so it doesn't mean anything.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
^such a negative Nancy.

OK guys time to spark some convo who's your favorite or most influential gdubs main?

Zac is pretty big for me. As well as vex but Zac was really big for me starting out. Nowadays Vinnie probably has the biggest influence on me though because his play is the most applicable to the current meta but I find myself figuring out my own shiz nowadays since he only goes gdubs very rarely against mk... and like Ness and Rob.

I also like dueler x but watch a lot less of him. My favorite thing about him is his randomness and kind of jankiness that I want in my play style. Kaak also. Helped me learn the marth matchup.

But yeah overall I'd say Zac and just watching myself are my biggest ones. As far as favorites right now Vinnie and vex

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
UTDzac 4ever.

Kaak gets 2nd for being cool to watch back in the day.

Bombsoldier in Melee made me main G&W

@Sar The only reason I'm that high is because most of the tournaments I've attended have been Nordic, which are generally easier than German and French ones, thus placing higher.

Sar

Smash Journeyman
Zac for sure. I love that he was among the top players as a GW only main. He basically proved that you could do well with the character. There isn't really anyone like that nowadays, which is a little disheartening.

I would love to say vinnie, but I haven't seen nearly enough of his GW. Is it just me or are there like 0 videos of vinnie GW on youtube?

Safaridor

Smash Rookie
I still really like watching Kaak play, but don't see much of him anymore.

And I really like watching rakyawo (japanese GaW).

Vinnie just pulls off the most ridiculous things.
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
(You're mad) Thank goodness for that, because if I wasn't, this would probably never work.

Sar

Smash Journeyman
Everything about him is GW. Generic unnamed character. Somewhat choppy movement. Will probably be light. Small.

Then there's the moves. Dash attack is a sliding-on-head move. He can absorb energy-based projectiles. His smash attack (tree) looks powerful but a little slow. He uses random a** objects. His up b is balloons, which are very similar to parachute.

If anything this points towards no GW next game, which would be a shame.

Also what characters do you think are leaving brawl? Snake and sonic are for sure. I predict ROB, Marth (at least 1 fire emblem character), Wolf, Lucario and DDD will go as well.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
I would say anyone in both melee and brawl are going to be in this one.
Bowser, Captain Falcon, Donkey Kong, Fox, Ice Climbers, Kirby, Link, Mario, Ness, Pikachu, Peach,Samus, Yoshi, Zelda, Sheik, Falco, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Luigi, Marth, Mr. Game amd Watch. I would also say Olimar, King Dedede, Wario, Diddy Kong, and Pit are most likely safe as well.

Sar

Smash Journeyman
Pit is fairly safe considering he's already in the game B)
Lol, yep. He's sakurai's baby.

But I'm not so sure that they will keep everyone that's been in both brawl and melee. They might go with the logic that those characters already got their recognition for two games and that it's time for change. Then again, I have played very few of the other nintendo games so I don't really know how important some of the characters are to their respective storylines (DDD).

Villager just seems too suspiciously similar to GW, almost as if they were trying to fill that niche because they took him out.

Also, do we have a release date estimate for SSBU (is that what people are calling it?)

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I don't think Villager and Gdubs are anything similar.

There are tons of "random items out of nowhere" characters in video games

Just because we get another doesn't mean they're nixing Gdubs a completely unrelated character

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I can see where you're coming from with that I was just addressing the whole GW may not be in this smash thing. He's an important character that represents an extremely important era of nintendo history and he's also the easiest character to make (probably). there's no reason for them to get rid of him.

I know a lot of people don't like him, but he's 2D and has very very few animations and is the oldest character on the roster. There's no reason to get rid of him like there is for another character like lucario or something.

Heck even Wolf has a bigger chance of getting dropped (although I dont think he will)

Edit: @penta: I'm so scared, I'm so sure he's gonna suck again like in Melee. I just feel it. Their gonna be like: he's too strong and nerf his ko power I feel it.

I hope he or Little Mac (if he's added) are good. At least one so I don't have to deal with the low tier struggle.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
If they make bacon either cancel on landing or not disappear midair I will be happy with it. Though I think the move is just fine in Brawl as it is.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I think MK's weaknesses are obvious but not many characters can actually take advantage of them with the most common rule sets.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
MK doesn't have a single weakness and he +2 the entire cast even under heavy nerfs, but bad games aside, I don't see how megaman looks overpowered. From videos he has seemed to be a very clumsy almost Link-like "projectile" user.

Sar

Smash Journeyman
I would agree with clumsy, sure. But he has a 45 damage dsmash, an instant rob gyro (or an awesome projectile that hits for 14%), great ranged aerials (fair looks like a buffed marth fair, and bair looks like mk's fair), and the first real smash attack projectile.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
In Brawl a full damage ice climber dsmash does around the same. The problem lies in landing it, not the damage it does.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
I'm not sure what your definition of a projectile/smash attack is.

Unless you count Snake's usmash and/or dsmash, but that's not "plenty"

Top Bottom