• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

-LzR-

Smash Hero
They are projectiles. This has nothing to to do with what you consider it. It just is a projectile.
But there being 5 of them doesn't really make Megamans smash the first one that's the point here.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It doesn't matter what they are to you because they function as projectiles. They can move around even if Olimar would move somewhere else and they can fall below ledges and everything and I don't think they deal hitlag on Olimar either.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
If they were projectiles they could be reflected like Snake's usmash. Since they can't, they function more like Snake's dsmash as a separate entity.

Sar

Smash Journeyman
Turns out you guys are in a different timezone than me (who would have guessed?) and I was able to watch a little bit of the stream. Unfortunately you and meow were both out by the time I got on =[ How did your matches go?

A side note, how the hell are there so many girl smashers in your scene? It seemed like an abnormally high number from what I saw onstream.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
It was a regional tournament, so lots of people come from out of state. Many bring their girlfriends along with them.
Round 1 I fought KiraFlax, took him to last stock mid percent, and then lost. First game of losers I fought our number 5, airvault, and did about as well. got second in my pools though, so that's something.

Never saw Smiley play, but I think I heard him say he was playing at an unsatisfactory level. I know he played Z, but I don't know the results yet.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Yeah I didn't do too hot. Forgot to play patiently so I was playing off hard reads again, didn't really get me too far. Shoulda wore my headphones but I forgot em'

Lost to Z. He's so good. Just couldn't catch him. game one he 2 stocked me, game 2 was last stock. I got a few good reads and caught him outside of spotdodges but I was always behind, playing catch up.

Then I lost to a TL that I really shouldn't have lost to, but it's okay. I just couldnt focus, there was too much going on in the room and I couldnt get past the wall.

Even if I did beat him i'd have to play another better TL lol

Shoulda went Falco, but I just felt like I'd hate myself if I went falco and lost lol. Think I woulda won it as Falco though.

All I know is, this character is so hard to play. I wish all I had to do was play MKs. That would be the ****.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Gw is so bad at playing catch-up. It's so hard to do anything more than get chip damage if your opponent has the lead and is playing safe

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Didn't do so hot at Michigan Masters yesterday. Had to play G&W in over half of my matches because of horrible MU's (despite literally never practicing with him). Also SD'd like 3 times that day so that made me kinda salty, one of them when I was a stock ahead. But whatever, just gotta get better with my Wolf and be more confident so I don't ***** out of MU's like Wario/MK.

Sar

Smash Journeyman
Heh, don't worry. I went to a real small local tournament today and expected to just **** face. Turns out the only TVs they had were LED LCD TVs and apparently I'm horrible at playing on those. The lag really messed with me, I lost to someone I play friendlies with every week and win 100% of the time. Only won my first round match =P

-LzR-

Smash Hero
So going to tournament this weekend. Haven't played in ages so probably won't do well, but I'll still do some GW repping. I'll be very pleased if I can make it to bracket or beat someone seminotable.

Susi

Smash Apprentice
Thoughts on wavebirds/are they allowed at tournaments?
Wireless GCs? Wireless things may work when you are home but when you go to tournies and there is lot of Wii's and wireless traffic, the connection interrupts often. This means no holding buttons. No running, no shielding, no charging smashes. I have experienced it. Very frustrating. Now a GC user.

LzR is the French tourney this weekend? Im hoping for stream or at least some live information. Good luck, man! <3

Does anyone cover the ledge with bacon when recovering? This has helped me a lot when recovering against MK when I randomly play GW xD

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yes, it's the French one this weekend. And yes, the bacon is an option in that situation. Nothing to rely on too much, nut I usually throw one or 2 before coming back.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I'm officially gonna stop being a solo Gdubs main and I'm gonna try and hone my pocket characters to tourney level.

Gonna be cramming super hard because I was actually gonna drop brawl for the month until evo but my static partner is quitting after this season now so it's my last time to really do well in doubles with him. So I figure I might as well start my sktar training now too. Hopefully all the stuff I learn with these other characters carries into Gdubs so I can still rep him well at SKTAR I just don't plan to use him solo there. Gonna start training my MK and Falco and Peach. Falco is a really useful character to have in the pocket, I'm gonna actually start practicing all the things with MK i never really realized were important before, and with Peach, I wanna get mine at least close to Kyle's level. Watching him play FOW the other day showed me some important things about how I play that I need to emulate. His knowledge of when to play defensive and Offensive is really good and I think it carries over from him being a strong melee player as well so that'll just make my marth better in melee as well.

People tell me all the time they don't see how I don't win more often and I KNOW why and it's just that I don't play the way I should, I just play too risky and it's the hardest thing for me to break.

It's gonna be hard to manage all my responsibilities and my long training sessions but thats just because i suck at time management in general, I'm gonna work on that. So if anything at least this game is giving me the motivation to improve my actual relevant life. Gonna start making schedules.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
When I get to Tuscon, we better train together hardcore. I'll train up my ice climbers, who I'm gonna be training up to a tourney level.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Aggro & Watch is the watch

Except vs ICs. Then you sit on the platform the entire match.

Dueler, LzR, Lifes and I attended an 80-man tournament in France this past weekend. Was pretty damn fun. I got 9th place and put up a show during France vs The World crews.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
I lost to Agito(close) and Crysis(not so close), both are top Snakes.

I basically placed below a bunch of top players, and outplacing a couple of them among other hige level players.

Gee, if only I had beaten Agito, then I would've been in winners semis and secured 5th place. That would've been sweet.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Aggro Watch is my favorite. I'm just not patient enough to poke with bair for 8 minutes.

Also I have a good amount of replays vs K9 (Both off and online) to share if people wanna see em. I just know it's hard to find GW videos these days so if anybody wants some GW material to watch, I have some.

It's like all vs MK though.

Sar

Smash Journeyman
I'm tellin ya, snake is so freaking hard to beat. You have to really outplay your opponent. It also doesn't help that his utilt basically stops all of our approaches once we get to around 90. But yeah, still great stuff.

And smiley, I'll watch whatever you upload. Also, are you playing melee at Evo?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yeah Snake is really hard to get through, but once you do things get very ugly for Snake. It's almost like our Uair was designed to **** Snake.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
yeah i actually have 2 snake replays as well

but yep, I'm in Dr. Peepee's pool. S'all good though, i'm gonna flare blade him 4 times in a row itll be easy :awesome:

also pools got revised, I'm really happy because before i had to play a mexican, and i was 100% sure they'd be good. Now im playing some american guy, so there's at least a chance he wont be :D

but yeah there's no way im making it out, I'm not that good at melee, i'm going for the experience though.

Sar

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i was browsing through the pools draft and saw your tag, it really sticks out. I'm sure 90% of the fun of going to evo will be the atmosphere/occasion alone. Especially with Armada's return.

And yes, snake replays pleaseeee. Upload those ones first =D

EDIT: Lmao guardex, that's great.
That picture got me thinking about all the different GW objects. Do we know what his f-air is yet?

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I was almost positive it was a box (of cake) but someone said cement block the other day and i dunno why but it made me doubt my gw trivia

blind_angel16

Smash Cadet
I've heard it called the "credit card" way too many times...
What game would G&W be in that would involve a credit card? Mall?

Also, I can see why it would be called a "cake" or "cake box." In the Modern version of Mario Bros. played in Game & Watch Gallery 3, Mario and Luigi would package cakes in boxes similar to what G&W uses in battle.
In the 1983 Classic, Mario and Luigi worked in a bottling plant and put bottles in the boxes.

No wonder G&W's boxes are so powerful in Brawl... They're filled with bottles!

Link for great justice: http://www.nindb.net/game/mario-bros-gw.html
(there are others that mention bottles, though)

Top Bottom