• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Handhelds aren't very good until you travel somewhere, then they suddenly become the best things ever. I suggest getting one, no matter what, it will be the best thing ever when you are in a car or a train.

blind_angel16

Smash Cadet
Well I have an iPhone, which sort of (but not really) counts. Although it is tempting, seeing as I've never played pokemon =/

It's a very worthwhile experience. Not just Pokémon, but other Nintendo games. Maybe it's just me, but having played the video games Brawl's fighters originated from definitely enriched my overall Brawl experience, for every character if not the game entirely.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
iPhone is decent, it has all sorts of rather good games, but I would suggest getting a 3DS if you have even a little Nintendo fanboy in you.

Sar

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, EVO was hype. I just wish that GFs were a liiiiiitle bit more of a fight. Mango played so well.

And smiley, you ever gonna upload those GW - snake games?

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Man I should've made bets with Evo when I had the chance. I had my personal bets that Mango would win Evo ever since like, Kings of Cali 2 lol.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Man I wish I had somewhat OK execution. When a match gets somewhat tense I start having a hard time even jumping properly.
It's honestly my one, big, glaring flaw that keeps holding me back from true greatness.

That being said, I still got 2nd place this past weekend, losing to the same guy I always lose to in GFs. Him and Leon are the only ones that make me feel truly outmatched in Europe.

Sar

Smash Journeyman
Gagga again? But still, second is great, congrats man!

The worst thing about that is that it's not like you can practice it or anything. I can't really offer any help or advice though; I haven't even traveled outside my city for a tournament =P

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I have the same problem garde and its the main reason I rarely use my peach in tourney. While my peach is tourney good, I just get too nervous and make too many mistakes under pressure. I'm amazing at choking in tournament.

BTW I probably won't be going to sktar anymore. I had family bs come up. Argh I'm so frustrated. I'm not disconfirmed but I most likely am.

I REALLY wanted to rep AZ and team with k9 and put all my doubles training to work.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
That sucks. Lets hope things turn around and you can go.

I'll have some juicy sets coming up in the future. One of them is a G&W vs Falco set done right, and I think it would be a nice video for people who struggle with that matchup.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
^God yes please gardy, I need that matchup soo bad.

And Yeah I sorta figured it out a bit but I still need to watch another Gdubs do it.

Basically it's not as impossible as it's felt, now that I've been playing it with K9 more often.

You just really... REALLY not get grabbed. That grab is the worst thing ever in this matchup it gets a free 40-50% on you and forces you into the absolute worst and most exploitable positions if they read you correctly (are better)

It can easily lead to 70+ (even 80+ if you are too flustered by it)

and then after you've lost stage control from it you're fighting a disadvantaged matchup.

I've started to treat the beginning of the match like ICs. Camp really hard and wait for an opening, make a really safe approach but don't get too greedy and just take what you can get until you're outta grab percent. Getting grabbed still sucks though.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Me and Gardex will be going to a tournament this weekend. I will totally rep our favorite black guy for a few matches and make you all proud. Oh and I'll outplace Gardex with IC so I will be a better GW than him because logic.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Schwa isn't coming so it's our lucky day, no Diddy to stop us, we'll both own with you owning a little bit less than me >: (

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Not even afraid of Schwa tbh. I got Diddy on lock-down. I beat Schwa last time we played.

More worried about Vurkyzo and you tbh.

Actually, I'm slightly worried about everyone. Finland, to me, is a bunch of Hudets. People I can beat if I play on point, but that are more than capable of beating me.
There's nobody like Gagga who just roflstomps me with w/e char he pleases.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Oh come one there is Heru. He is a great MK and he has lots of GW experience. Good luck.
I believe I can beat anyone else but Heru.
Oh and Vurky will be really scary for you, he slays GWs like nothing.

Top Bottom