• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Some of those tracks were remixed for the game though, correct? I think Sonic had an [awesome] Angel Island remix.
Yeah, there's an Angel Island Remix (and only that, though, the rest was just rips from Sonic games), but this remix wasn't done for Brawl; Jun Senoue made some time before for a special Sonic's album, and this remix ended in Brawl's repertorie as well. (but seems that the MSX's Metal Gear Theme remix in Brawl is original, at least).

In Brawl, the third-party series had more representation than some of Nintendo's own. I wouldn't worry about Pac-Man having a small amount of content. Sakurai's basically obligated by contract to put emphasis on third-parties.
I'm not really worried about the amount, just personally hoping for some specific content. XP... I was very disappointed with Sonic's Trophies.. but at least, he acted as the old Sonic The Hedgehog in game.. =P

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Yeah, there's an Angel Island Remix (and only that, though, the rest was just rips from Sonic games), but this remix wasn't done for Brawl; Jun Senoue a time before for a special Sonic's album, and this remix ended in Brawl's repertorie as well. (but seems that the MSX's Metal Gear Theme remix in Brawl is original, at least).

I'm not really worried about the amount, just personally hoping for some specific content. XP... I was very disappointed with Sonic's Trophies.. but at least, he acted as the old Sonic The Hedgehog in game.. =P
As was I. I was disappointed to see characters like Jet and Silver get trophies, when they ignored some obvious picks, like Metal Sonic and Rouge. But that's another discussion.

I'd hope to see Ms. Pac-Man show up as a trophy, if nothing else.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
As was I. I was disappointed to see characters like Jet and Silver get trophies, when they ignored some obvious picks, like Metal Sonic and Rouge. But that's another discussion.

I'd hope to see Ms. Pac-Man show up as a trophy, if nothing else.
I was more sad for not having trophies for classic objects like the Monitors and the Checkpoint post (both already with models in the game, btw). .. but well, hope for something better this time for Sonic, since Generations, Sonic 4 and Lost World brought back a lot of classic things for the series.

about Pacster's content;
being Ms. Pac-Man a character pre-reboot, I hope to see her, at least, as an sprite in the S-Flag, and then, consequently her own trophy; I expect more content post-reboot, ... but other things could be easily alluded to Pac-Man's story; as a Pac-Bear or something. =P

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Is Ms. Pac-Man expected to be in the Ghostly Adventures at all? Probably not in the foreseeable future, right?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I think Mrs. Pac-Man should be an S-flag summon as a sprite that does what Pac-Man would were he an S-flag summon.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Is Ms. Pac-Man expected to be in the Ghostly Adventures at all? Probably not in the foreseeable future, right?
I don't think so; Cylindria seems to be the romantic interest for Pac (not at all,.. at least, makes more sense than Pinky, since Cyli is a Pac-Person as well. =P); .. but some people wrongly consider that Pac's parents (Sunny and Zac) are the original Ms. Pac-Man and Pac-Man; ... but, Sunny doesn't really seems made to have some similarity with Ms. Pac-Man...

anyway, but who knows in the future? next season is almost there... maybe Pac will conquer a third heart. XD

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Ms. Pac-Man would be an awesome S-Flag summon.

I'm still wondering if that's even how the S-Flag works. We're probably going to all be disappointed when it's just an item that powers up your attacks for a short while and the Galaga aliens are an assist trophy. :p

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Except Sonic really is just acting as himself in general lol. His personality is still in tact within the modern era. He's known as an adventurous/hilarious character throughout the entire series. Sonic in smash is no different than he is in both his old and current saga of games. Pac-man will most likely be more remenecing of his Ghostly Adventures form. Either that or the hilarious personality that he had in SFxTK.

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I do at least hope that Pac-Man speaks or vocalizes in some degree. I know I may be in the minority here, but in both Pac-Man World 3 and Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures, I like it when Pac-Man has a voice. It's just awkward for me when you get this character that almost always has a happy smile on his face that never talks. It's borders on soulless, which is what bothered me a bit in Pac-Man World and Pac-Man World 2. They were great games, don't get me wrong, but Pac-Man had next to no personality. He was just happy round guy running around and finishing the mission.

'Course, I suppose the same could be said of Kirby, but again, Kirby has gotten a lot more personality with even the slightest bit of vocals they've given him.

Maybe that's why I like the GA Pac-Man so much. I feel like Pac-Man is a person now. He has emotions and feelings and a personality, rather than acting like a mascot at a baseball game.

(and yes, he also had a personality in Pac-Man Party, so I'll allow that one too. he did in Pac-Man World 3 as well, but that game wasn't as good as World 1 or 2.)

Last edited:

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
Mega Man is silent to appeal to his NES roots though(his peak popularity), and even though Sonic is Modern Sonic he still doesn't use any moves from Modern games. I think it's likely Pac-Man will be designed to appeal to Pac-Man at the peak of his relevance...the 80's. He'll have his GA look and include moves from newer games (original pre-NES Pac-Man doesn't have a ton to work with). But they'll likely go out of their way to give him that nostalgic feeling for old school gamers.

Anyways, going by Brawl... Pac will get one stage, one AT and a ton of music, trophies and stickers. I wouldn't worry about representation. And Namco even has items, something third parties didn't have before!

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Except Sonic really is just acting as himself in general lol. His personality is still in tact within the modern era. He's known as an adventurous/hilarious character throughout the entire series. Sonic in smash is no different than he is in both his old and current saga of games. Pac-man will most likely be more remenecing of his Ghostly Adventures form. Either that or the hilarious personality that he had in SFxTK.

Well, I wouldn't like to discuss my points of view about Sonic in general, as a character during the years, and how hateful he turned by me; or at least, not here, 'cause this isn't place... but let's say that, at least, Sakurai made him in a nostalgic way... and I think that's unquestionable; All of us can see how he act as in the SEGA Genesis games, ... with most of the moves based only on speed and spin, .. along with the SFXs and animations from his old sprites. And THIS appeal me somehow... I love how Sonic is in Smash, but is hard to me seeing him in any other game...

And while I don't get bothered not even a bit about Pac-Man's modern incarnation, I hope that Sakurai can make his work again on Pac, .. in way that can please old fans and modern fans, as he did with Sonic. ... And once again I say, .. if Capcom (that's is considered one of the worst companies nowadays XD) can make something really nice with Pacster in SFxTK, putting a bunch of throwbacks and such,.. why Sakurai could screw with it? I trust in him... specially when we talk about 3rd Party characters, after all, should exist a contract and a term of licensing that imply how the character needs to be, or at least the bases. =)

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Watch Pac Man's reveal trailer involve "The Pac is Back". :troll:
This music didn't even play oon the G.A. game, I doubt. But I wouldn't care, if we can get our beloved character on it. He can even has the Hanna Barbera design and Pac-Man World 3 voice. =P (both the two things that I like less in the Pac-Man's story XD).

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Watch Pac Man's reveal trailer involve "The Pac is Back". :troll:
I will say, I like the new reboot, but I HATE THIS PHRASE. They use it everywhere! They even use it multiple times in the show and it just makes me groan every time I hear it. Of course, to kids, who the show is appealing to, I'm sure they love every time it gets said.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Well, I wouldn't like to discuss my points of view about Sonic in general, as a character during the years, and how hateful he turned by me; or at least, not here, 'cause this isn't place... but let's say that, at least, Sakurai made him in a nostalgic way... and I think that's unquestionable; All of us can see how he act as in the SEGA Genesis games, ... with most of the moves based only on speed and spin, .. along with the SFXs and animations from his old sprites. And THIS appeal me somehow... I love how Sonic is in Smash, but is hard to me seeing him in any other game...

And while I don't get bothered not even a bit about Pac-Man's modern incarnation, I hope that Sakurai can make his work again on Pac, .. in way that can please old fans and modern fans, as he did with Sonic. ... And once again I say, .. if Capcom (that's is considered one of the worst companies nowadays XD) can make something really nice with Pacster in SFxTK, putting a bunch of throwbacks and such,.. why Sakurai could screw with it? I trust in him... specially when we talk about 3rd Party characters, after all, should exist a contract and a term of licensing that imply how the character needs to be, or at least the bases. =)
You're right, this isn't the place to talk about this. I love the Sonic franchise to death and his appearance in Smash Bros made me as happy as everyone else did when he was announced. However, he's still the same awesome character's he's been from his old/current games. It's kinda sad, no, it is sad to see all of the hate he gets everywhere, but i digress.

As for Pac-man, i have full faith Sakurai will do a great job with him and im positive Namco will have some involvement with his moveset to help Sakurai out. I believe Sega and Koonami did the same thing during Brawl's development. Pac-man's movesets will be something to remember and his appearance in Smash 4 will be something legendary.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
You're right, this isn't the place to talk about this. I love the Sonic franchise to death and his appearance in Smash Bros made me as happy as everyone else did when he was announced. However, he's still the same awesome character's he's been from his old/current games. It's kinda sad, no, it is sad to see all of the hate he gets everywhere, but i digress.

As for Pac-man, i have full faith Sakurai will do a great job with him and im positive Namco will have some involvement with his moveset to help Sakurai out. I believe Sega and Koonami did the same thing during Brawl's development. Pac-man's movesets will be something to remember and his appearance in Smash 4 will be something legendary.
legendary, this yellow little guy already is =).. and, that's something we agree, Sakurai will make Pacster in the best way; this we can expect with no fear... and for the rest who can't handle with his honorable presence in Smash Bros. 4:

(just realized that's a Sonic meme after I made it, Oh, the irony. XD)

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314

I'm honestly super excited for the day they show his reveal trailer and all the people who said Pac-Man was going to suck and be boring will suddenly turn their heads and go "whoa, I want to play as Pac-Man." I have confidence Sakurai and Namco will make something unique and fun for him. He's a legend!

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice
I'm honestly super excited for the day they show his reveal trailer and all the people who said Pac-Man was going to suck and be boring will suddenly turn their heads and go "whoa, I want to play as Pac-Man." I have confidence Sakurai and Namco will make something unique and fun for him. He's a legend!
Back again, guys. I wonder how many and which characters will be available to play as in the Smash Fest E3 Tornament and Best Buy demos. When (hopefully not "if"*knocks on wood*) Pac is announced at E3 will they just let him and everyone else announced so far into the demos or keep it to a few? I think that it will probaly be that way and the unannounced characters remain hidden until release. Or they could just use all veteran fighters since tornament pros won't really know how to use the newcomers without practice. Also makes me wonder if there will be an online option to keep you from playing against fighters you don't know about if you're wary of spoilers. All players of Smash for 3DS (and whoever wants to look it up via the internet) will know which characters are playable by the time Smash for Wii U comes out though so it will be a nearly-pointless feature then though. Anyway, those are my thoughts.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I did mention that people were uncreative and tend to not look beyond what they see. People used to complain that Little Mac would only punch, but a few supporters like myself had to go out of the way explaining the varies types of punches and the maneuvers displayed in boxing, and mentioned characters like Dudley who pulled off that very concept before. It's about the archetype of a character, i.e. the characteristics that would make sense for a certain type of character based on common sense. Hence why Captain Falcon being inspired by sentai works and Sheik taking inspiration from ninjutsu makes sense, despite appearing random to the naked eye. Hell, you can theoretically make a moveset for any character as long as they have limbs to preform basic punches and kicks, though how you do that is based on the archetype. Hence, you don't want to give a boxer like Little Mac an emphasis on kicking, since it wouldn't make much sense.

In the case of Pac-Man, you've got remember that just like the majority of characters he can preform basic punches and kicks, so you can make a moveset out of that alone. Though if you want to make something more compelling and faithful, you've got to expand the horizons. For Pac-Man, his games (especially the ones based on the arcade titles) tend to emphasis a style that involves dodging until you've obtained the power-up. Hence why a playstyle that involves staying away until you've got the opportunity to retaliate would make a sense, basically an opportunist. I've mentioned knocking around Pac-Dots with momentum based physics and using Power Pellets to gain a boost in attributes and changing attacks to more powerful variations as examples that would emphasis such a style. Pac-Man also has a bit of a cartoon vibe with him, meaning if you want to you can make him preform comical actions.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I hope he makes arcade sounds when he attacks much like Mega Man makes NES sounds.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I just show Pac-Man detractors this moveset and they shut up or comment on how awesome it is.

So, SmashDaddy, here's my contribution for update of the OP; ...it's actually a compilation of everything I have done since I joined Smashboards XD.... Here we go:
Moveset

Size Comparision
with the characters in Mario Kart Arcade GP DX;

and with the Smash Bros. cast;

credit to @Angelglory for the original character model lineup

Hyper Art

Defense about "relevance"

Stage Concept: The Maze "256"
\/ a better look in the K.O. limits. \/

Random Montages

Miiverse Stuff

Music Suggestions
CyberWolf has created a moveset that can shut up any people who blindly say Pac-Man can't fight.

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I will say, I like the new reboot, but I HATE THIS PHRASE. They use it everywhere! They even use it multiple times in the show and it just makes me groan every time I hear it. Of course, to kids, who the show is appealing to, I'm sure they love every time it gets said.
I'm sick of seeing this too. And I'm not a fan of hearing that over-done, dance remix of "Pac-Man's Park". They've basically turned it into Pac-Man's equivalent of the Popeye spinach theme, except in this case, it's way too hyper to hear on a regular basis. It loses its charm pretty quickly because of that, in my opinion.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'm sick of seeing this too. And I'm not a fan of hearing that over-done, dance remix of "Pac-Man's Park". They've basically turned it into Pac-Man's equivalent of the Popeye spinach theme, except in this case, it's way too hyper to hear on a regular basis. It loses its charm pretty quickly because of that, in my opinion.
You mean this version? ... if so, yes... but, I like the Pac-Man's Park melody, is just this particular remix that is getting annoying a bit..They used in the Pac-Man Dash title screen too. :T.... Even in the show, or in the G.A. game, other variations of Pac-Man's Park was more enjoyable to hear, imo; The Title Screen version, or the Results version; .. .. there's also a more calm version that plays often in the TV Show, for monotonous scenes.

I hope that at least the Title Screen version of the G.A. game be chosen for his reveal trailer in Smash, =P.

EDIT: I wish that NAMCO could prepare some new remixes and arrangements for Pac's music set in Smash as well (since, I guess, is the 3rd party company in question that makes the music for its own character.. for this reason that Sonic's and Snake's musics in Brawl were so lazy compared to the others =P.. I mean, with almost everything ripped from their games); not only of this music, of course... but there's a lot of music in the Pac-Man games that I'd love to hear in Smash. =)

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
You mean this version? ... if so, yes... but, I like the Pac-Man's Park melody, is just this particular remix that is getting annoying a bit..They used in the Pac-Man Dash title screen too. :T.... Even in the show, or in the G.A. game, other variations of Pac-Man's Park was more enjoyable to hear, imo; The Title Screen version, or the Results version; .. .. there's also a more calm version that plays often in the TV Show, for monotonous scenes.

I hope that at least the Title Screen version of the G.A. game be chosen for his reveal trailer in Smash, =P.

EDIT: I wish that NAMCO could prepare some new remixes and arrangements for Pac's music set in Smash as well (since, I guess, is the 3rd party company in question that makes the music for its own character.. for this reason that Sonic's and Snake's musics in Brawl were so lazy compared to the others =P.. I mean, with almost everything ripped from their games); not only of this music, of course... but there's a lot of music in the Pac-Man games that I'd love to hear in Smash. =)
Yep, that's the one. It's just way too overdone and tries too hard to make the original into something "hardcore" and "extreme". I don't think a hyperactive rave remix is befitting of being played as a catch-all "victory theme", as it's used in the show.

I like the original Pac-Man's Park well enough. It's not a personal favorite, but it serves its role well. It's a modest remix of the original arcade jingle and works well as a title theme. The remix is just overproduced, and the dance/rave/techno route that they took with it doesn't fit well with the melody, in my opinion. They're over-reliant on this one track and it's getting worn thin very quickly. I'd like for them to start remixing other tunes in the Pac-Man catalogue, but I realize that this is unlikely because the melody in Pac-Man's Park is likely the only one most people recognize (along with the Ms. Pac-Man jingles).

I am sure that Pac-Man remixes will be in sufficient number if he's included in Smash 4. Namco will be sure to bring their A-game with him and provide some well-produced remixes. It's almost necessary, given that most of the franchise's most recognizable tunes are from old arcade games, and are in need of a modern touch-up.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Yep, that's the one. It's just way too overdone and tries too hard to make the original into something "hardcore" and "extreme". I don't think a hyperactive rave remix is befitting of being played as a catch-all "victory theme", as it's used in the show.

I like the original Pac-Man's Park well enough. It's not a personal favorite, but it serves its role well. It's a modest remix of the original arcade jingle and works well as a title theme. The remix is just overproduced, and the dance/rave/techno route that they took with it doesn't fit well with the melody, in my opinion. They're over-reliant on this one track and it's getting worn thin very quickly. I'd like for them to start remixing other tunes in the Pac-Man catalogue, but I realize that this is unlikely because the melody in Pac-Man's Park is likely the only one most people recognize (along with the Ms. Pac-Man jingles).

I am sure that Pac-Man remixes will be in sufficient number if he's included in Smash 4. Namco will be sure to bring their A-game with him and provide some well-produced remixes. It's almost necessary, given that most of the franchise's most recognizable tunes are from old arcade games, and are in need of a modern touch-up.
I wouldn't mind at all (I would be bothered, who's I'm fooling? =P) if his musics be the majority ripped from his games.. the Pac-Man World 2 OST alone, already seems to be made for a special occasion as Smash is. XD... but, I'd like to have some remixes from Pac-Land, or the SNES games... man.. "The Forest" from Pac-In-Time is awesome. :3... but yeah, Pac-Man's Park got its reasonable fame, 'cause it's already is an homage to the Intermission Theme from the original arcade game. XD... so, I guess that will be the Pac-Man theme through the years, anyway. =P

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I wouldn't mind at all (I would be bothered, who's I'm fooling? =P) if his musics be the majority ripped from his games.. the Pac-Man World 2 OST alone, already seems to be made for a special occasion as Smash is. XD... but, I'd like to have some remixes from Pac-Land, or the SNES games... man.. "The Forest" from Pac-In-Time is awesome. :3... but yeah, Pac-Man's Park got its reasonable fame, 'cause it's already is an homage to the Intermission Theme from the original arcade game. XD... so, I guess that will be the Pac-Man theme through the years, anyway. =P
Oh my gosh I would be so happy if they included some Pac-In-Time music in there, especially the Forest or Forgotten Palace themes. Those are some of my favorites!

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice
Oh my gosh I would be so happy if they included some Pac-In-Time music in there, especially the Forest or Forgotten Palace themes. Those are some of my favorites!
Speaking of Pac-In-Time, who says Pac-Man can't borrow some moves from the game? It's an obscure title but they can still use some moves/items from the game in his moveset. I.E. Backflips, the grappling whip, maybe the hammer, and perhaps even the fireball as a funny little homage. (His voice when launching it is just priceless. :p) Just some back-up ideas for if the Namco arcade games, Pac-Man World, Ghostly Adventures, etc. aren't enough material for a full moveset.

Edit: Alternate video with slightly better framerate but slightly worse resolution. Click/tap here.

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Speaking of Pac-In-Time, who says Pac-Man can't borrow some moves from the game? It's an obscure title but they can still use some moves/items from the game in his moveset. I.E. Backflips, the grappling whip, maybe the hammer, and perhaps even the fireball as a funny little homage. (His voice when launching it is just priceless. :p) Just some back-up ideas for if the Namco arcade games, Pac-Man World, Ghostly Adventures, etc. aren't enough material for a full moveset.

Edit: Alternate video with slightly better framerate but slightly worse resolution. Click/tap here.
just the world series, arcade, or GA alone is enough to pull an entire moveset out of. I do think that pacman should use moves from all of his series however.

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice
just the world series, arcade, or GA alone is enough to pull an entire moveset out of. I do think that pacman should use moves from all of his series however.
I know, but people are stubborn and no matter how many examples you give them they still want ''moar bettar'' examples of moves.

****************************************************^Bonus Image^*************************************************************

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Surprised I haven't stopped by this thread yet. Pac-Man is definitely likely, and even more so deserving, to join the roster in my book. The possibility of gaming's greatest icons; Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man all together in one place is just too great to pass up. I hope he makes it in, despite what many think (the hate for Pac-Man astounds me).

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Surprised I haven't stopped by this thread yet. Pac-Man is definitely likely, and even more so deserving, to join the roster in my book. The possibility of gaming's greatest icons; Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man all together in one place is just too great to pass up. I hope he makes it in, despite what many think (the hate for Pac-Man astounds me).
Pac-Man hate has always baffled me. I understand he's not really relevant in gaming any longer, even though Namco persists in trying to bring him back (and they're doing a pretty good job this time, though people keep fighting it), but to hate a character that is as symbolic of gaming as Mickey Mouse or Bugs Bunny are to cartoons, it's completely mind-numbing.

My issue with Pac-Man is similar to how Sonic fans feel about their favorite mascot. Namco brings them to the modern age, gives them a new coat of paint, a new game, a new way to play, and people immediately start spouting off "that's not the classic! Where's the classic? Pac-Man is supposed to be in a maze eating dots and chasing ghosts, why is he running on platforms and driving karts and playing board games?" So Namco brings him back to his roots, which many people applaud, but others go "it's just more Pac-Man, we've played it before, we want something new."

Fact is, you can't please all the people all the time. I'm just happy Pac-Man has been making a comeback lately, regardless of how many people seem to hate on the new cartoon and games. It's been popular enough to warrant a season two and a sequel game as well, and new toys and action figures are being released accordingly, which makes me, as a Pac-Man fan and collector, extremely happy. I can honestly say that right now is one of the best times to be a Pac-Man fan, and Namco knows it, and they're going to continue to push their mascot into the limelight for as long as they can. I just hope they don't run him into the ground. :p

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So i just ran into a guy online that thinks Klonoa is more likely than Pac-Man... He also brought up Lloyd but there isn't much to say there. (Just the typical stuff where he'd fit Smash's gameplay better. Which is true. But as we all know Pac-Man is generally more likely. So i wont get into this much)

I kind of feel bad because i had to point out Klonoa's franchise struggles to even make sales. Let alone get recognized by anyone outside of Namco. (I like Klonoa)

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
My issue with Pac-Man is similar to how Sonic fans feel about their favorite mascot. Namco brings them to the modern age, gives them a new coat of paint, a new game, a new way to play, and people immediately start spouting off "that's not the classic! Where's the classic? Pac-Man is supposed to be in a maze eating dots and chasing ghosts, why is he running on platforms and driving karts and playing board games?"
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheyChangedItNowItSucks

So Namco brings him back to his roots, which many people applaud, but others go "it's just more Pac-Man, we've played it before, we want something new."
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ItsTheSameNowItSucks

The power of the unpleasable fanbase.

Last edited:

NebulaVista

Smash Cadet
So i just ran into a guy online that thinks Klonoa is more likely than Pac-Man... He also brought up Lloyd but there isn't much to say there. (Just the typical stuff where he'd fit Smash's gameplay better. Which is true. But as we all know Pac-Man is generally more likely. So i wont get into this much)

I kind of feel bad because i had to point out Klonoa's franchise struggles to even make sales. Let alone get recognized by anyone outside of Namco. (I like Klonoa)
The franchise doesn't make sales because they haven't made any recent games.

NebulaVista

Smash Cadet
Of course I'm talking about when it actually has a game on sale.
The first game:
The original PlayStation version sold 51,441 copies during its first week in Japan, debuting as the fourth highest-selling game for that period. The sales also made Door to Phantomile the week's second best-selling PlayStation video game and best-selling Namco video game. Klonoa was awarded "Best Character" at the 1997 Tokyo Game Show by the Consumer Electronic Software Association.

The Second Game:
Famitsu reported that the game sold 33,785 copies during its first week of release in that region.

(Both were taken from Wikipedia)

Can't find info on the other games though.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
The first game:
The original PlayStation version sold 51,441 copies during its first week in Japan, debuting as the fourth highest-selling game for that period. The sales also made Door to Phantomile the week's second best-selling PlayStation video game and best-selling Namco video game. Klonoa was awarded "Best Character" at the 1997 Tokyo Game Show by the Consumer Electronic Software Association.

The Second Game:
Famitsu reported that the game sold 33,785 copies during its first week of release in that region.

(Both were taken from Wikipedia)

Can't find info on the other games though.
I can't really trust wikipedia unless the page is "locked"/can't be edited by anyone. Sorry.

Top Bottom