• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice
Just wondering if anyone on here has seen or mentioned this moveset. WARNING: HUGE PIC.

Source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68262223

This is an entirely original moveset with unique mechanics that only make sense with Pac-Man. I wish that haters weren't as lazy and shallow-minded and would take time to look at movesets such as this one before blindly judging. Also I love how it takes traits from both the Ghostly Adventures and Classic/Pac-Man World Pacs.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Just for note; ...do you remember when I was talking about who's the voice actress of Pacster on Ghostly Adventures on Japan (Pac-World)?.. so, I found the information; Her name is Yuka Terasaki;

she also voiced him at Mario Kart Arcade GP DX;

you can find the rest of the cast of Pac-World here. =)

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
So I've still be playing that Pac-Man Monsters game, and I just beat the level 50 King Boss. When I did, I got a special evolution seed. Take a look. ;)

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I found a nice image; ... the three heroes taking a break, talking about the life, the problems, the projects for the future... though seems that they're waiting for someone, and isn't Snake, cause he's too busy. XD

Will be nice to see the encounter of all of them, finally, in the same place, in the same game... Smash Bros. 4 will be a legend in the gaming story; no matter how many people can hate or cringe about it, Pac will make this game more iconic than any other in the series; Is beyond of any sense of tastes;

--changing a bit the subject, .. have you guys seen @ Smady Smady ? ..it's been a while since he said that he would update the OP, but he stopped to post around here. :T

Smady

Smash Master
Oh don't worry, I've just been a bit preoccupied recently, but I'm still going to revamp the OP soon. Sorry for not being here a while.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Oh don't worry, I've just been a bit preoccupied recently, but I'm still going to revamp the OP soon. Sorry for not being here a while.
Oh, nothing about charging you,.. don't worry XD... I noticed your absence around, nice to see you're still alive; =P... Get your time, waka!

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I found a nice image; ... the three heroes taking a break, talking about the life, the problems, the projects for the future... though seems that they're waiting for someone, and isn't Snake, cause he's too busy. XD

Will be nice to see the encounter of all of them, finally, in the same place, in the same game... Smash Bros. 4 will be a legend in the gaming story; no matter how many people can hate or cringe about it, Pac will make this game more iconic than any other in the series; Is beyond of any sense of tastes;

--changing a bit the subject, .. have you guys seen @ Smady Smady ? ..it's been a while since he said that he would update the OP, but he stopped to post around here. :T
That picture is so freakin' cute. I love how they all look sitting there, and the little hint at Pac-Man with the chair. The chili dog, the E tank, the mushroom. It's all so wonderful.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I just realized that the S-Flag could potentially be an AT-like item, sorry if anyone has heard this already.
But it does notify me that based on this item, Sakurai could potentially reveal this after Pac-Man's possible reveal on his anniversary (at May 22) after the the big photo gallery of Smash screenshots came along with the S-Flag, could be another potential reveal we might not see coming.

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
HERE'S HOPING! :D

Doubtful. I seriously think he's holding off for E3 to reveal that stuff, but it's still fun to think about.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I just realized that the S-Flag could potentially be an AT-like item, sorry if anyone has heard this already.
But it does notify me that based on this item, Sakurai could potentially reveal this after Pac-Man's possible reveal on his anniversary (at May 22) after the the big photo gallery of Smash screenshots came along with the S-Flag, could be another potential reveal we might not see coming.
I supose sakurai could unmasked the info about the S flag on may 22nd, but not pac-man himself thats not till E3.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Judging by the pic that has Charizard holding the S-Flag, I think that the S-Flag is an Assist Trophy.... I mean, a sprite coming off a capsule of AT, as the Excitebike and some others in Brawl; .. then, the sprite stays on the ground, or something... and this starts to summon some others sprites from random NAMCO games, as we saw the Galaga bugs;.. and just that; and I bet that, of course, this is the Pacster's AT, will have his icon and all, mark my words. =P

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I'm still hoping for the Mishima family to come out and beat on people after getting the SFlag. :laugh:

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Judging by the pic that has Charizard holding the S-Flag, I think that the S-Flag is an Assist Trophy.... I mean, a sprite coming off a capsule of AT, as the Excitebike and some others in Brawl; .. then, the sprite stays on the ground, or something... and this starts to summon some others sprites from random NAMCO games, as we saw the Galaga bugs;.. and just that; and I bet that, of course, this is the Pacster's AT, will have his icon and all, mark my words. =P
I think this is just a variation of the Assist Trophy, much like the Pokeball having the Masterball. It spawns various Namco Assists.

It may have some bearing on Pac-Man's playability, still, as it seems Sakurai recognizes classic Namco games.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I doubt that the S-Flag would have such a special function, ... I mean, would be very unfair with SEGA and Capcom; ... following the logic, both companies would need to have something equivalent, which is more unlikely to happen... So, I believe that the S-Flag is the Pac-Man AT, which the function to make throwback some classic NAMCO games, and nothing more.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
One company out of the three is helping make Smash. It wouldn't be that unfair. Although it does contradict what Sakurai said about special treatment. lol

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
One company out of the three is helping make Smash. It wouldn't be that unfair. Although it does contradict what Sakurai said about special treatment. lol
A character as influencial and iconic as Pac-Man hardly needs special treatment.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

Rally X Car (Why do people never list this? lol. It's probably the first one that was made if the SFlag works like an AT item.)

Gilgamesh (Tower of Druaga)

Valkyrie (Valkyrie no Densetsu)

Bravoman

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
My most wantyed S-Flag summon is Dig-Dug, and Dig-Dug Enemies. After that is Mrs. Pac-Man. I'd also like to see some Rally-X, Xevious, Mappy, and Bosconian rpresentation.

Also I'd like a soulcaliber character, if that is even possible.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I could see some Namco music possibly appearing on other stages outside of the potential Pac-Man stage. (A lot of them fit the Maze)

The main theme of Valkyrie no Densetsu on Palutena's Temple is a good example. (It would be a better fit for that anyway)

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
An AT like item includes characters though.
I do think that would be unfair... in terms of contract of license, the game would have less content of SEGA and Capcom than NAMCO Bandai.. I see 3rd Party content in Smash like Mickey and Bugs Bunny in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" sharing the exact same amount of seconds in scene.... and I can bet that's exact this way that works =P

So do you guys have a list of potential Namco ATs that you want to see in the game?
I just demand the presence of Taizo Hori, Ms. Pac-Man and Mappy. =P.. but I like the idea of the Rally-X car (duh, of course. XD), and I totally support Gee Bee on it, as well. ^^

Speaking of old Namco games, I really hope we get some non-Pac-Man music (maybe a track or two) from the older arcade titles.
Well, there always Arcade songs merged with Pac-Man in his games; I don't doubt of we getting some throwbacks like that. =)

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
My S-Flag wishlist:
Ms. Pac-Man and/or Ghosts
Taizo Hori and/or Pookas and Fygars
Rally X car
Pole Position
Galaga ships
Xevious enemy ships
Mappy
Gilgamesh
Valkyrie
Albatross (from Rolling Thunder)
Gee Bee
Don (from Taiko no Tatsujin)
Kazuya Mishima (with his model from the original 1994 arcade release of Tekken)

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Quite honestly I can't see how we'd get anyone other then Pac-Man for a playable role. Third party characters in Smash are always company flagship icons. For example, we got Sonic and not Ecco the Dolphin.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Do a lot of people not want Pac-man because they think of the pac man with eyeballs? Or because Pac-man is more known as only a classic arcade game?

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
people don't want Pac-Man by the same reasons that they don't want any other specific character. They think that Sakurai works for them, and that the game needs to be exactly how they want... a minimum detail additional out of their thoughts is "ruined forever".

simple.

I don't believe that bias with Pac-Man is something much special; haters all the characters has. Its just something mindless, ... any addition for the game is a good addition; I got bothered by Greninja and Rosalina, but both seems very unique and expand the Smash Bros. series; so, I can deal with that without big worries;

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
People don't want Pac-Man for a variety of individual reasons, just as people want him for a variety of individual reasons. This applies to just about any hypothetical aspect of the game.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Do a lot of people not want Pac-man because they think of the pac man with eyeballs? Or because Pac-man is more known as only a classic arcade game?

I want Pac-Man no matter what. He's been my favorite video game character of all time. I have ALWAYS wanted him in a fighting game. I got really excited when they announced him for SFxT, but then the disappointment set in when I saw he was in a giant robot. I mean, it made sense to do that for a fighting game with humans against a smaller, round, Pac person, but still, I wanted him to show he could fight on his own. Smash Bros. will be the place for him to prove that.

AND NOW FOR SOME OTHER PAC-RELATED NEWS

I figured since most of you aren't playing Pac-Man Monsters, I'd give you updates on the game. As I've said before, I am absolutely loving this game, but not only for it's awesome strategy, level building, and team building aspects. I'm also loving it because of all the Namco references in it!

Not only are Pac-Man, Inky, Blinky, Pinky, and Clyde characters you can choose and use in your party, but they also throw in references to other Pac-Man games and Namco games. There are a ton of different fairies you can have in your RPG party, which is a big reference to Pac-Land. You can also get Golvis. You guys remember him? From Pac'n-Roll.

Yup! He's a character you can actually use. He even has his guitar. Not only that, but Rick from Splatterhouse is another character you can have in your team. Weird, I know, but he's there, with his mask and everything. (I don't have pictures of these guys since I haven't collected them personally yet, but I've seen other people using them on their teams.)

For the last couple weeks they had a King Boss event going on that involved Galaga Aliens. The big boss you had to defeat was a Galaga alien, and for defeating him and winning other prizes, you could unlock Pac characters riding on Galaga ships as party characters! How cool is that? :D

Now that the Galaga event is done, they've moved onto the next event, and as a Pac-Man fan, I've been freaking out so much over it!

First, they have a new special area to go to, and it's called "Welcome to Pac-Land!" And, you guessed it, it features Pac-Land references. :D These are some of the ghosts you encounter there.

Recognize those? If not, let me refresh your memory.

All the vehicles are references to the vehicles the ghosts used in the original Pac-Land game. I saw them and immediately started going nuts with fanboyism. It's a minor reference that a lot of players probably won't even see, but I saw it and knew exactly what it was in reference to. So cool!

And last, but not least, all you Pac-Man World 2 fans here, they didn't forget you either. The newest King Boss isn't a Galaga alien. It's something else. Do you recognize this guy?

Yup! That's right! Spooky from Pac-Man World 2 is a boss character now in the game for the next two weeks! With the previous King Boss event, you could actually get eggs that would hatch and allow you to use the Galaga alien as your own party member, but I haven't seen an egg yet that'll let me use Spooky as a character. It's still early on, so here's hoping there will be one, because I want him in my crew!

Whew! Sorry for the image intensive post, guys. I don't normally do this, but like I said, Pac-Man Monsters is chock full of Pac-Man and Namco references, and it makes me so incredibly happy. I can't wait to see what other weekly events they come up with that reference other Namco games and characters. It's really exciting! I'll keep you guys up to date, too.

Xigger

Smash Lord
I wasn't talking about JUST mindless Smash fanatics... I was thinking about the general, mainstream audience.

I can see all the reasons why he should be in and why he deserves it, but I already know that. But what do general people generally think?

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
good to see some love for Spooky! I like him a lot,... liked Betrayus inclusion as well, but Spooky will always have a place as one of my favorite villains. =3... And, also, I was digging in the Pac-World site, and I found a pic of the Ghost Gang with the exactly same pose of the original artworks from the Arcade game, I fell in love. XD... Is always good to see how much respect NAMCO gives for the Pac-Man story. =)

Last edited:
Top Bottom