• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
If Pac-Man has his Ghostly Adventures eyes, he'd better have the Pac-Man 2 gloves and shoes or...nah, I'm just messing.

Anyhoo, here's my idea for a few moves and aesthetics.

ENTRANCE
Gold Namco token hits the field hard, with Pac popping out of the heads side.

NORMAL MOVES
Jab: Same as Pac-Man World 3.
U-tilt: Jin Kazama's Standing Uppercut. Because why not? :V
F-tilt: Step forward and backhand.
D-tilt: Downward sweep.
Dash: Rapid chomp for a whole second; may send Pac off edges a la Fire Kirby, but he won't fall during the move.

SMASH ATTACKS
U-smash: Punts a fruit upward in front of himself. Damage depends on what fruit is used.
F-smash: Pac winds up...and then throws a pellet/berry/cookie-like energy ball. The more you charge, the farther he throws.
D-smash: Pac bites in front of himself, then behind himself.

AIR MOVES
N-air: Cartwheel.
U-air: Flip Kick.
F-air: Throws a smaller energy ball than in his F-smash.
D-air: Spins downward chomping. This may have a Meteor property.
B-air: Pac punches behind himself.

GRABS AND THROWS
Grab itself: Uses Dig Dug's grappling hook.
Pummel: Pumps air.
U-throw: Gee Bee paddle.
F-throw: Rolls up and ricochets off the target.
D-throw: Pumps more air until something goes BOOM, hurting the enemy.
B-throw: Turns and knifehands the enemy.

SPECIAL MOVES
Neutral (Slingshot): Grabs a slingshot and fires off a pellet. Charging the move lets you fire multiples.
Up (Pac-Dot Chain): Dot/cookie chain.
Ground side (Rev Roll): Self-explanatory.
Aerial side (Hang Glider): Jumps and hang glides. Knocking Pac off the hang glider gives him the face he has in the spoiler picture.
Ground down (Pac-Shock): Pac makes a funny face, causing a shockwave. While airborne foes get light yet noticeable downward knockback, this move has a Paralyzer effect no matter what. Doesn't meteor as well as D-air or Butt Bounce can, but still.
Aerial down (Butt Bounce): See Rev Roll.

CLASSIC POWER PELLET
Uh-oh, you've been turned true blue by the power Pac-Man obtained from this Power Pellet (And yes, he becomes a golden sphere-with-only-a-mouth who moves in four directions)! Better run, because a sound chomping will deal extreme damage and knockback, if not worse! This Final Smash ends either after 20 seconds pass or if all opponents are eaten, so all parties have advantages and drawbacks during this time.

TAUNT
Up: "Awesome!"
Side: Belches out a pair of ghost eyes.
Down: Something says, "Look! Look!" Pac-Man pays attention to these word bubbles, then snaps back into battle stance.

Maybe I'll think of win-and-lose stuff later. >:U

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Awesome moveset stuff there, @ War Anvil War Anvil ! Only issue I have with it is usually special moves don't get separate ground or air differences.

Also, I'm still playing the heck out of Pac-Man Monsters. I love it, but moreso, I love the art style so much I couldn't help but sketch something out. May actually make it look more professional and stuff later, but for now, enjoy!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'd rather have the option of Pac-Man of not talking, but instead have his sound effects consist of varies sound effects from Namce games like Pac-Man and Dig-Dug.
Also, regarding to Pac-Man eating, I think having him fly across the room up to three times (basically one air dash per chomp), would be a good tool to give Pac-Man an efficient approach option. Sort of like R.O.B.'s Robo-Booster in Project M.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
TAUNT
Down: Something says, "Look! Look!" Pac-Man pays attention to these word bubbles, then snaps back into battle stance.
I like this; ... you know, was hard to think something iconic coming from Pac-Man 2 to put in my personal moveset; but I really like this idea. great job. =)

and sorry, people, after the PoD of today, I had to do this. =P

(also, my concept for the Power Pallet Final Smash, based on Pac-Man World 3 with the shining body)

EDIT
I'd rather have the option of Pac-Man of not talking, but instead have his sound effects consist of varies sound effects from Namco games like Pac-Man and Dig-Dug.
I expect a lot of Classic 8-Bit SFX, this never abandoned Pac-Man, even in Ghostly Adventures or SFxTK, but I hope he's fully voiced.

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I like this; ... you know, was hard to think something iconic coming from Pac-Man 2 to put in my personal moveset; but I really like this idea. great job. =)

(also, my concept for the Power Pallet Final Smash, based on Pac-Man World 3 with the shining body)

EDIT

I expect a lot of Classic 8-Bit SFX, this never abandoned Pac-Man, even in Ghostly Adventures or SFxTK, but I hope he's fully voiced.
Dude... DUDE! This is amazing! Aaaaahh! Pac-Man with the Tanooki tail and ears is SO FREAKING CUTE I CAN'T TAKE IT! :D Hahaha I love it so much! Man, how do you have access to that 3D model?

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman

EDIT

Ok first off, your concept picture looks AMAZING! You really outdid yourself with this one and i hope to see more pics like this in the future. Also, if Pac-man really is fully voiced in the game. Who would voice him? His actress from the show, Erin Mathews, or the one from the game adaption, Erica Mendez? Or would you guys prefer him with sound effects similar to his SFxTK appearance. I honestly would be fine with either, really.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Here are a few moveset ideas.
Neutral-B: Pac-Mode: Pac-Man is briefly(Approx. 2 seconds) unaffected by gravity and can move in 4 directions freely. The outline of pac-mans 8-bit sprite can be seen around his body, and the hitbox comes from the sprite.
Side-B: Rev-roll: Don't really think I need to explain this.
Up-B: Red-Dot Chain: Everyone and their dog puts this in Pac-Man's moveset, don't need to explain.
Down B: Butt Bounce: Pac-Man does a flippy jump forwards, similar to Diddy's side special. If an enemy is under him at any point during this flip he immediately drops down quickly with a powerful attack.
Final Smash: Power Pellet: No explanation needed.
Misc. A-Moves
Dash- Attack: Pac-Man does a leaping bite move, reminiscent of a shark jumping jumping out of the water.
Up-Air: Pac man quickly bites upwards, then follows up with a powerful flip kick.
Down air: Pac-Man rotates while chomping downwards.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Ok first off, your concept picture looks AMAZING! You really outdid yourself with this one and i hope to see more pics like this in the future. Also, if Pac-man really is fully voiced in the game. Who would voice him? His actress from the show, Erin Mathews, or the one from the game adaption, Erica Mendez? Or would you guys prefer him with sound effects similar to his SFxTK appearance. I honestly would be fine with either, really.
I'd like to have Erin Mathews as Pacster in the game... but I don't know how NAMCO feels about it,... maybe she doesn't make roles in games at all, as a personal taste... but Erica Mendez (heard in the G.A. game) makes something very close to the show, so, I'm okay with that. ... and, of course, if Pac is getting his english voice in the west, he could get his japanese voice for the land of the rising sun as well (for ties with the show),.. I don't remember if Brawl had different voice actors for certain characters for localized versions of the game, like Snake or Sonic, but would make sense... unfortunatelly, I really don't know the name of his japanese voice actress (I think it's a woman, at least =P).

there's a tiny possibility, imo, of Pac getting his voice actress from Pac-Man Party (Debi Derryberry), ... since in Mario Kart Arcade GP DX, he got his updated model from Ghostly Adventures, his actual voice from the show in Japan, but in the western version of the game, Debi Derryberry voicing him. lol... but maybe was by fault of a rushed localization, I dunno.

but of course I expect a lot of 8-Bit SFX together, as in SFxTK and any other appearence of him through the years; the voice would just make the things more expressive... for punches, hurting sounds, taunts, win poses, etc. =)

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I'm hoping they'll get the same voice actress from the TV show, but I know I'm one of the minority in thinking that. Not many people like his voice in the show. I think it fits him really well though. His voice in Pac-Man World 3 wasn't bad either, but it honestly depends on how he looks. If he's classic Pac-Man, then Pac-Man World 3 voice. If he's the GA Pac-Man, then I'd like to have that voice. In essence, they're the same character, but in reality, they're two different ones, so it would be weird to mix voices.

Also, I'd love for him to have classic Pac-Man or Ms. Pac-Man sound effects used for his attacks. That would be amazing!

Aaaaand last night I couldn't stop drawing Pac-Man stuff, and I took one of my characters and turned him into a Pac person. xD I had way too much fun drawing it. Not really on topic, but figured it'd be fun to share with you guys.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Oh, Bauske, awesome drawing... I'm not a fan of Pac-Man Monsters, you know, but you're very talented... you have DeviantArt or something? I'd like to watch you there, if so. =).. And as you can see above your post, you're not alone, #ErinMathews4Smash4 ! XD (but I'm totally okay with Erica Mendez voicing him. =P)...
Oh, I've been drawing a bit too, but at (the peaceful place) Miiverse... there we go:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'd like to have Erin Mathews as Pacster in the game... but I don't know how NAMCO feels about it,... maybe she doesn't make roles in games at all, as a personal taste... but Erica Mendez (heard in the G.A. game) makes something very close to the show, so, I'm okay with that. ... and, of course, if Pac is getting his english voice in the west, he could get his japanese voice for the land of the rising sun as well (for ties with the show),.. I don't remember if Brawl had different voice actors for certain characters for localized versions of the game, like Snake or Sonic, but would make sense... unfortunatelly, I really don't know the name of his japanese voice actress (I think it's a woman, at least =P).
Is it wrong that I find the Japanese voice and trailer kawaii? :3

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I'm guessing at most we'll see three newcomers at E3. Pac-Man is a sure bet, and I think Palutena is up there too, but I'm betting Chrom would be the third.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'm Guessing Pac-Man, Ridley, and Mewtwo as the big E3 reveals.
I would treat Mewtwo as a newcomer, I bet Sakurai will too.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
People are still holding on to hope for Ridley, huh? xD
I don't even like Ridley that much, but I believe he is a character. Sakurai has had no qualms coming right out and saying that other characters are deconfirmed, he could have easily done it for Ridley if he wasn't a character.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Is it wrong that I find the Japanese voice and trailer kawaii? :3
nah, that's totally okay. XD... it's really cute! =P

I think most of us are just waiting for E3 at this point.
Yep, ... and this date is so far... so far. T.T... Well, I'm sure Pac will be the star of the show,... if not the first one to be announced, the last one. And then, I can only say that Palutena is an obvious bet... I can see Ridley and K. Rool happening too,... Oh well, and the Miis, .. Sakurai will need some time talking about them, I guess.
Shulk, Chrom, Chorus Men and the others could be save for after the release? secrets? I dunno. :T

As @ Zzuxon Zzuxon said; Sakurai didn't hold back to deconfirm Waluigi, Ashley, Skull Kid, and others (Ooh.. poor Dillon T--T), but with Ridley was pure tease.. I believe he'll have his chance this time.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
There are two things that still give people hope:

A: The Other M Ridley is canonically a different entity than the original Ridley.
B: Sakurai has yet to disconfirm a character so vaguely before. Normally he just rips off the bandage.

It's not much, but there's still some hope.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I don't even like Ridley that much, but I believe he is a character. Sakurai has had no qualms coming right out and saying that other characters are deconfirmed, he could have easily done it for Ridley if he wasn't a character.
As @ Zzuxon Zzuxon said; Sakurai didn't hold back to deconfirm Waluigi, Ashley, Skull Kid, and others (Ooh.. poor Dillon T--T), but with Ridley was pure tease.. I believe he'll have his chance this time.
I suppose so. And people are interpreting it how they want it. To me, I saw that footage in the Direct and it immediately deconfirmed him in my mind. The shadow was obviously Ridley and he moved very mechanically, like an AI rather than a human player. I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but I just don't see it happening.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I suppose so. And people are interpreting it how they want it. To me, I saw that footage in the Direct and it immediately deconfirmed him in my mind. The shadow was obviously Ridley and he moved very mechanically, like an AI rather than a human player. I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but I just don't see it happening.
it's not like we're ("we", I'm among the Ridley supporters) taking the theory from nowhere .. yes, there is a real chance to Ridley become playable; even after the Direct, which left the things more nebulous and not clarified anything. The day that Sakurai say with all the letters that Ridley is a hazard stage, or simply shows him in action as such, then we will believe, I suppose. :T

Spikeez

Smash Cadet
Pacman is a very good choice for playable,since he has a lot of connection with Nintendo,i hope he'll be playable,here's my moveset for him:

B- Chomp
Side B - Rev Roll
Up B -Pellet Chain
Down B - Butt Bounce

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
My turn to make a moveset. This is my first ever so please go easy on the rookie.

Standard Attacks

Neutral: One-two punch - Tap the A button multiple times to deliver a series of punches.
Forward tilt: Arm thrust - An open palm attack, a liittle slower but stronger than One-two punch.
Up tilt: Arm wave - Pacman waves his arm over his head.
Down tilt: Mini push - While crouching, Pacman thrusts his body forward in a similar manner to Olimar's down tilt.
Dash Attack: Headbutt - Pacman flings forward head first to attack.

Smash Attacks

Forward: Bite - Famous Pacman move. Pacman opens his mouth wide and delivers a strong bite.
Up: Handstand kick - Pacman places his hands on the ground and does a quick double kick upward.
Down: Twister - Pacman spins around on his back.

Arial Attacks

Neutral: Cartwheel - Pacman attacks by performing an arial cartwheel.
Up: Arm stretch - Pacman thrusts both his arms upward to attack.
Forward: flip kick - Pacman flips forward to attack.
Back: Back kick - Pacman kicks his leg behind him.
Down: Cannon ball - Pacman curls up into a ball and speeds toward the the ground.

Grabs and Throws

In true Pacman fashion he grabs his opponents by eating them, just like Yoshi. He pummels his opponents by chewing and throws by spitting them in any direction, again just like Yoshi.

Specials

Neutral: Pac-dot Shoot - From the first Pacman World game. Pacman flings a Pac-dot at his opponent, can be charged to deliver a super Pac-dot shot.
Forward: Rev Roll - As many people have already suggested. Pacman curls into a ball and rolls forward, this attack can be charged.
Down: Butt Bounce - Another popular suggestion. Pacman can bounce around to damage his opponents, starts off strong but gets a little weaker with every consecutive bounce.
Up: Dot Chain - Pacman follows a trail of dots in the air, eating them and damaging any opponent who gets in the way.

Final Smash: Power Pellet

Another popular suggestion. All of Pacman's opponents turn blue and can no longer attack. Pacman takes on his retro look and chases after them delivering huge damage with each hit.

Constructive criticism is welcome.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
My turn to make a moveset. This is my first ever so please go easy on the rookie.

Standard Attacks

Neutral: One-two punch - Tap the A button multiple times to deliver a series of punches.
Forward tilt: Arm thrust - An open palm attack, a liittle slower but stronger than One-two punch.
Down tilt: Mini push - While crouching, Pacman thrusts his body forward in a similar manner to Olimar's down tilt.

Smash Attacks

Forward: Bite - Famous Pacman move. Pacman opens his mouth wide and delivers a strong bite.
Up: Handstand kick - Pacman places his hands on the ground and does a quick double kick upward.

Arial Attacks

Down: Cannon ball - Pacman curls up into a ball and speeds toward the the ground.

Grabs and Throws

In true Pacman fashion he grabs his opponents by eating them, just like Yoshi. He pummels his opponents by chewing and throws by spitting them in any direction, again just like Yoshi.

Specials

Neutral: Ghost throw - Pacman throws a ghost at his opponent to damage them. Blinky, Inky, Pinky, and Clyde can all be thrown.
Forward: Rev Roll - As many people have already suggested. Pacman curls into a ball and rolls forward, this attack can be charged.
Down: Butt Bounce - Another popular suggestion. Pacman can bounce around to damage his opponents, starts off strong but gets a little weaker with every consecutive bounce.
Up: Ghost Rider - Pacman lifts a ghost above his head and it carries him upward.

Another popular suggestion. All of Pacman's opponents turn blue and can no longer attack. Pacman takes on his retro look and chases after them delivering huge damage with each hit.

That's a good moveset, dude.. but I think that specifically the Ghost Gang should used in another way... I hope them as sprites summoned by the S-Flag; .. but I wouldn't be surprised if some kind of generic ghosts being used by Pacster in his moveset... I dunno, he could burp some eyeballs too. XD.

--------------

I was thinking at work, .. Erin Mathews has a Twitter or something that we can have access to her?.. We could innocently (=P) ask if she's doing some new voice clips for Pac-Man, aside the TV Show and the Ghostly Adventures 2.... (though I'm not sure if will be her this time, maybe Erica Mendez will voice Pac again in the game)... if so, we can have some hint if Pac is in Smash (implying that she would answer us, of course);

just lacks to me courage for do something like that. =P

Spikeez

Smash Cadet
That's a good moveset, dude.. but I think that specifically the Ghost Gang should used in another way... I hope them as sprites summoned by the S-Flag; .. but I wouldn't be surprised if some kind of generic ghosts being used by Pacster in his moveset... I dunno, he could burp some eyeballs too. XD.

--------------

I was thinking at work, .. Erin Mathews has a Twitter or something that we can have access to her?.. We could innocently (=P) ask if she's doing some new voice clips for Pac-Man, aside the TV Show and the Ghostly Adventures 2.... (though I'm not sure if will be her this time, maybe Erica Mendez will voice Pac again in the game)... if so, we can have some hint if Pac is in Smash (implying that she would answer us, of course);

just lacks to me courage for do something like that. =P
Probably as enemies in Smash Run,Assist Trophy or a Stage Hazard.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314

Standard Attacks

Smash Attacks

Arial Attacks

Grabs and Throws

Specials

Neutral: Ghost throw - Pacman throws a ghost at his opponent to damage them. Blinky, Inky, Pinky, and Clyde can all be thrown.
Up: Ghost Rider - Pacman lifts a ghost above his head and it carries him upward.

Replace that neutral special with a slingshot instead of a ghost throw, and the up special with either a hang glider or dot chain and that's a pretty amazing moveset! I think this is the first time reading a moveset that I can actually envision Pac-Man in the game doing each and every one of those things. It makes a lot of sense, and also looks a lot of fun. I especially like the Handstand Kick and the dash attack Headbutt you gave him.

Seriously, great job on this! The only reason I state to replace the moves that use the ghosts is that I'm pretty certain if he's in the ghosts are either going to be part of the Namco assist trophy or an assist trophy in general. They'd be cool as part of his moveset, but would also not really fit in as they've mostly always been enemies or mild helpers rather than friends (even in the new TV show, they help Pac-Man, but mainly just because they want something out of it.)

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Replace that neutral special with a slingshot instead of a ghost throw, and the up special with either a hang glider or dot chain and that's a pretty amazing moveset! I think this is the first time reading a moveset that I can actually envision Pac-Man in the game doing each and every one of those things. It makes a lot of sense, and also looks a lot of fun. I especially like the Handstand Kick and the dash attack Headbutt you gave him.

Seriously, great job on this! The only reason I state to replace the moves that use the ghosts is that I'm pretty certain if he's in the ghosts are either going to be part of the Namco assist trophy or an assist trophy in general. They'd be cool as part of his moveset, but would also not really fit in as they've mostly always been enemies or mild helpers rather than friends (even in the new TV show, they help Pac-Man, but mainly just because they want something out of it.)
Thanks for the feedback. I admit that adding the ghosts might have been a stretch, they'd be better off as a stage hazard or an AT. I replaced those moves with Pac-dot shoot (from the first Pacman World) and Dot Chain. I decided not to go with the slingshot move because from what I've read (please correct me if I'm wrong here) it only appears in Pacman 2: the new adventures, and it's only used by the invisible foreground character and not by Pacman himself.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Thanks for the feedback. I admit that adding the ghosts might have been a stretch, they'd be better off as a stage hazard or an AT. I replaced those moves with Pac-dot shoot (from the first Pacman World) and Dot Chain. I decided not to go with the slingshot move because from what I've read (please correct me if I'm wrong here) it only appears in Pacman 2: the new adventures, and it's only used by the invisible foreground character and not by Pacman himself.
yeah, that's correct, dude.. but still very related with Pac-Man, I guess... and the fact that was used just one time doesn't mean that don't deserve some representation,.. F.L.U.D.D. with Mario, the Frying Pan with Peach and Bongo Barrels with DK are examples. =)

actually, I'd love to see some representation of Pac-Man 2 with him, .. be with a simple animation or a small reference.. =)

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
yeah, that's correct, dude.. but still very related with Pac-Man, I guess... and the fact that was used just one time doesn't mean that don't deserve some representation,.. F.L.U.D.D. with Mario, the Frying Pan with Peach and Bongo Barrels with DK are examples. =)

actually, I'd love to see some representation of Pac-Man 2 with him, .. be with a simple animation or a small reference.. =)
That's why I've always liked the idea of the hang glider being his up special. Everyone picks the Pac-Dot Chain, but I don't see how that could really be used for damage. I'm sure if Pac-Man came in contact with someone while he was munching the chain, that would do damage, but unless it's super fast, you'll see where he's going by the dots, and it could be easily avoided.

The hang glider, however, could be a neat mechanic. When used, it initially does a bit of an upward climb, but then quickly goes into a downward glide, similar to how Pit, MetaKnight, and Charizard used to glide. If you hang onto the glider, it might take you farther, but you're unable to attack past the initial upward spike when used. If you jump off it, you can attack again, but lose the extra comeback ability.

I would absolutely love to see this as his recovery move, simply because I'd like some Pac-Man 2 representation of some sort in his moveset. Plus the hang glider was featured pretty prominently on the cover art for Pac-Man 2, so it's at least a stand out object from the game. The only problem I can see with this move is it might be TOO good of a recovery move.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
the Pac-Man World series just alone can offer a lot of potential for his moveset, as seen in SFxTK; ... but I think that would be a nice touch using some details from other games as well... is what Sakurai usually does, as we can see with other characters; like Mario and Sunshine references, and Peach with SMRPG;

At the very last, I'll be very pleased to see some trophy about Pac-Man story pre-reboot; not necessarily characters and enemies but objects like the glider from Pac-Man 2, as mentioned here... or the springs from B-Doing Woods from Pac-Man World 2.

And speaking of trophies, since I actually hope to see Pac having only standard attacks without any other things, as tools, assists or power-ups, I hope to see some Power Berries transformations as trophies too... I absolutely love Titanium Pac and Chameleon Pac. =)

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
the Pac-Man World series just alone can offer a lot of potential for his moveset, as seen in SFxTK; ... but I think that would be a nice touch using some details from other games as well... is what Sakurai usually does, as we can see with other characters; like Mario and Sunshine references, and Peach with SMRPG;

At the very last, I'll be very pleased to see some trophy about Pac-Man story pre-reboot; not necessarily characters and enemies but objects like the glider from Pac-Man 2, as mentioned here... or the springs from B-Doing Woods from Pac-Man World 2.

And speaking of trophies, since I actually hope to see Pac having only standard attacks without any other things, as tools, assists or power-ups, I hope to see some Power Berries transformations as trophies too... I absolutely love Titanium Pac and Chameleon Pac. =)
At first I was going to say "no way is Pac-Man going to get more than two, maybe three trophies," but then I looked at the list of trophies for Brawl and holy wow! Sonic got 12 trophies! And Snake got 11. That's amazing. I don't know if I ever realized this before, but that's a lot of attention to a third party character, which is pretty awesome. I hope they put forth that same effort in Smash 4 and Pac-Man gets 5-10 trophies, and I hope one of them is a model of the original Pac-Man arcade machine. <3

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
At first I was going to say "no way is Pac-Man going to get more than two, maybe three trophies," but then I looked at the list of trophies for Brawl and holy wow! Sonic got 12 trophies! And Snake got 11. That's amazing. I don't know if I ever realized this before, but that's a lot of attention to a third party character, which is pretty awesome. I hope they put forth that same effort in Smash 4 and Pac-Man gets 5-10 trophies, and I hope one of them is a model of the original Pac-Man arcade machine. <3
yeah, in Brawl Snake and Sonic got the same respect as the first party characters, ^^ ... they just didn't get the same amount of content of other bigger series as Zelda or Mario, obviously, for being just guest characters and having just them as reps from each respective series. =P But counting in the Sonic related stuff in Brawl, I'm actually expecting Pac getting the same treatment... I just hope that all the guests now have their own new set of music.. Snake and Sonic recieved only musics from past games directly ripped. =P

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Some of those tracks were remixed for the game though, correct? I think Sonic had an [awesome] Angel Island remix.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Some of those tracks were remixed for the game though, correct? I think Sonic had an [awesome] Angel Island remix.
That's correct, and that was one of my favorite tracks in the game. So good!

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
In Brawl, the third-party series had more representation than some of Nintendo's own. I wouldn't worry about Pac-Man having a small amount of content. Sakurai's basically obligated by contract to put emphasis on third-parties.

Top Bottom