• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One Piece

drcossack

Smash Ace
Interesting. I wonder what black beards doing there? Maybe trying to get luffy after failing to get him the first time? Maybe stopping him from progressing and possibly stopping ace's execution/the war (which I still think will happen regardless of ace living or not).

-:bowser:Bowser King
Quotes from some of the guys on Gamefaqs A&M:Other Titles board:

I thought BB only joined the seven in order to hide behind their influence until he could make his next move, like he killed his crewmate when the chance to get his DF appeared. This probably is part of his gambit, but its a lot weirder that I would've predicted. Though I guess he doesn't want to confront WB yet, which is what is about to happen if he fights...

If what Aohige on AP posted is true (his spoiler translation although he admits he can't read it well because of how blurry the scans are) Shiryu definitely sounds like a possible blackbeard recruit... he is on death row, and for helping Magellan he will give him an "extension" of his time left before his own execution.

Personally, I wasn't sure what to make of this chapter when I first saw the spoilers, but BlackBeard
recruiting people from ID
makes sense. At the same time, I'm predicting/hoping Luffy will get a few new crew members - sure, the total bounty of the crew is impressive, but the strength of Luffy/Zoro/Sanji won't be enough to get through the New World. I don't think he'll get
Ivankov, Inazuma, Crocodile (obviously, this wouldn't work), Buggy, or anyone else from Baroque Works. For some reason, I think Jimbei might, given what he thinks of his title as a Shichibukai. That also puts Hancock in the running, but I don't see how useful she'd be, and the Sanji/Boa comedy hour would get old fast.

IMO,
Ace is going to survive. Whether Whitebeard does or not is hard to say - the old era won't be around forever. Whether he dies during this war or not, both sides are sure to get heavy losses. It's pretty safe to say that the "balance" will further shift towards Pirates. Luffy's actions were, IMO, the start of that: defeating Crocodile, Enies Lobby, the Tenryuubito, and now Impel Down. Granted, there was no way in hell he could've done any of that alone, but the fact that he's repeatedly given a big **** you to the WG/Marines can be a confidence boost for other Pirates, who'll be more than eager to go against the WG in its weakened state.

To avoid a wall of text:
Besides, there's still the Revolutionaries. Ivankov/Inazuma are going to rejoin them, and I get the feeling that Luffy and Dragon are going to meet soon.

Of course, it's Oda, so whatever I thought of in this post will likely be completely wrong, 'cause he'll do something completely unexpected.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Pretty interesting chapter.
It's hard to follow up the EPIC of the previous chapters, but as always, it's nice to see the twists and turns that Oda is providing. Buggy's little uprising went nowhere fast, but it's good to know that Buggy and Mr. 3 are both doing fine. They'll survive, hahah. The 1-hit KO's were pretty corny, but hey, not bad. Still pretty epic. A good 'vengeance strike' against them after all the Newkamas were getting messed up. I'd like to see what Shiryuu does and how Magellan's fight with Blackbeard goes.

I wouldn't be surprised if Blackbeard wins. That guy is such an enigma. All we know is that he is ruthless and will do anything to become Pirate King. Truly the most fearsome out of any of Luffy's Pirate King Rivals, moreso than Buggy, Crocodile, and Kidd.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I agree with Blackbeard being the most fearsome of Luffy's rivals. Personally, I think he's the strongest guy int eh One Piece world right now and no one knows it (or atleast he is very close/almost there).

Shiryuu is going after Blackbeard, not Magellan. I'm really interested to see how that turns out. I'm thinking Shiryuu will join him: Oda spent some time setting Shiryuu up and having him be defeated two chapters later would be very anticlimactic. That and some one mentioned Lafitte was also a policeman who was very savage AND Shiryuu is set to be executed so I think he'd join a pirate just to escape.

Speaking of Lafitte, he's got wings. I know in Arabasta they mentioned there are only 5 devil fruits that grant flight and now we've seen two: Pell and Lafitte. Interesting.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I liked this chapter.
Blackbeards appearance was pretty awesome (it would have been even better if we hadn't known about it before hand :p).

Also, look at the meet and greet section and the thread named "you all suck!!" and you'll see that we have another person with a one piece avi :D

-:bowser:Bowser King

Meta77

Smash Apprentice
^ yea the reason i asked is cause the art style looks so similar to oban star racers *i loved the opening* and yea the same guy who made it is involved in this serious. it looks epic.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Teach doesn't seem to be there to fight Luffy. Bet you he's trying to recruit the Level 6 prisoners.

drcossack

Smash Ace
I dont think Luffy shares the same opinion about not fighting
Agreed
by the look on his face, but there's no way in hell he can win at this time. I mean, c'mon, Blackbeard beat Ace and managed to wound Shanks. He's at the very least on Admiral level, and both times the SH's have run into one, they've gotten their ***** kicked.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Blackbeard is crazy. When we first met him in the manga, I thought he looked like a joke. But now...

I'm guessing he made quick work of Shiryuu? Or perhaps they didn't fight? Haha. Crazy stuff.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah, the anime of one piece in particular has greatly increased its quality since the early days. it reflects the manga's quality as of late, i suppose. very, very good.

kizaru is so funny

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
xD, not yet. It's presumably on the very last island of Grand Line. They have barely made it halfway.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Oda's ability to portray the abilities of Logia type users is too good. The feeling of hopelessness against them is crazy. Not only that, but the extent that they can use their abilities can be overwhelming. Look at Kizaru, Blackbeard, and Aokiji.

Edit: Thanks Virgilijus, you're right. Magellan is Paramecia.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I don't think Magellan is logia. He may be, but I get the feeling he's just a really, really strong paramecia.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
The thing is, I have a feeling every one of the characters will "get" something out of their stories. Franky will learn some new technology, Nami will learn more about weather, etc. I just don't know what Sanji can get out of this :crying:

Thino

Smash Master
The thing is, I have a feeling every one of the characters will "get" something out of their stories. Franky will learn some new technology, Nami will learn more about weather, etc. I just don't know what Sanji can get out of this :crying:
better legs , since he's been running for so long
more love for women...
but certainly not cooking skills

Top Bottom