• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Shade_

Smash Ace
Lol Zabuza that was great, and I had a great time fighting your shiek as well, I will get the vids online in sets the first thing I will do is get the Finals online "everyone seemed to like those a bit" and then I will try to get the...... well what ever is on the first Vid I pick up I guess. but the finals should be done pretty soon since they are pretty small compared to everything else.

I will continue to keep everyone posted on these things.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Zabuza said:
hey guys this is Haku from the tourny. it was great i hope we can do this again sometime also great job Shade you're the first person able to take down my shiek like u did next time ill be ready. ill do this to u :smiliegor lol j/k but hopefully i can learn some stuff from u and get better also ive never seen someone play with Marth like u do you're freakin awesome with him lol anyway i can't wait for the vids too. i need to see my errors i make so i can improve.
Heh, I've always thought "I'll get you next time [Shade]!"... heh, but it's never turned out that way... but hey, that's just me. Ha, we've made a joke about how you beat Blaze, Haku: "the strongest radish" (Blaze can never get the turnips' name right, =p). One of my friends even made that his MSN name =p. I'd like another go at your Sheik, I wasn't really driven when fighting it the first time (not that I'm making excuses), so I'd like to fight it again.

Heh, I'm already itching for the next tournament. Kosmos, I'll be ready for you being ready for me next time =p

Marc aka Fresh

Smash Rookie
Hey whats ever1 its me Fresh good job 2 all the playas in the tourney.Yo shade you and your crew can ride with us 2 Arizona: if there is a tournament. If south paw does not have a tourney, then we will HAVE A TOURNAMENT OVER SPRING BREAK FOR SURE.Thats why i need to know immediately south paw,if this isnt convient for ever1 tell me now.MAD SHOUT OUT TO SHADE OKLAHOMA 1ST CHAMPION.You made history man.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys this is Kosmos. I'm down for another tourny anytime. My parents will probably let me go to Arizona, but I will need a ride as well. I live in Oklahoma City so if thats out of your way its no big deal. Shade you are one heck of a smash player and you be ready for the fight of your life next time =p. Zabuza what do you mean about Shade is the only one who can beat your Sheik >_> . I beat you all the time =p. Znth when we were on Yoshi's Island and we were both in the 100% range, last stock, it felt like I was going to faint from the supsense lol. I look forward to a rematch hehe.

Fresh your Peach is insane. It felt like I was fighting a harder version of myself(I think the down smash was what won me that match). I also look forward to facing you again.

Vegafuse, well.. what can I say.. your Ganondorf owned me lol(his attacks are so friggen powerful and the fact that I had NEVER saw a ganondorf player, I really didn't know what to expect). I'll get you next time though =p.

I really can't wait to smash against you guys again. Also, if any of you want to contact me heres my e-mail address.

Email: SilentninjaXI@aol.com
AIM: SilentninjaXI

Zabuza

Smash Rookie
lol Bloodlink i new u were gonna get the wrong idea about what i said. if u read it right i said ive never had someone beat my shiek the way he did and what i meant by that was there was 1 fight that he beat my shiek with 3 stock left thats what i meant now i didnt play well that round but still and most of the fights with shade versus my shiek got to the last stock or he had 2 stock with high persentage left but our fight r almost always down to the last stock with high persentage not always there was some times that u did have like 2 stock or something like that but most the time it is close. and sometimes i would beat u but like i said most of the time its close so please dont be mad or take it the wrong way i didnt mean it that way. o and sorry for not making it clear what i meant next time ill make sure not to say it the wrong way. :)

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
BloodLink said:
Hey guys this is Kosmos. I'm down for another tourny anytime. My parents will probably let me go to Arizona, but I will need a ride as well. I live in Oklahoma City so if thats out of your way its no big deal. Shade you are one heck of a smash player and you be ready for the fight of your life next time =p. Zabuza what do you mean about Shade is the only one who can beat your Sheik >_> . I beat you all the time =p. Znth when we were on Yoshi's Island and we were both in the 100% range, last stock, it felt like I was going to faint from the supsense lol. I look forward to a rematch hehe.

Fresh your Peach is insane. It felt like I was fighting a harder version of myself(I think the down smash was what won me that match). I also look forward to facing you again.

Vegafuse, well.. what can I say.. your Ganondorf owned me lol(his attacks are so friggen powerful and the fact that I had NEVER saw a ganondorf player, I really didn't know what to expect). I'll get you next time though =p.

I really can't wait to smash against you guys again. Also, if any of you want to contact me heres my e-mail address.

Email: SilentninjaXI@aol.com
AIM: SilentninjaXI
Haha, that fight was extremely intense. I felt like even my glasses were weighing me down =o I would have taken them off, but the decrease in vision might have hurt me. But man, that was intense, so intense it prompted me to have a victory scream afterwards, lol =p

Shade_

Smash Ace
Haha, were all rivals already. Don't expect to fight the same Shade either when you get back, don't forget I learn as you all do. Truth is I feel like I have learned quite a bit "I am sure we all did", and that we all will do twice as good when next time we meet, then well show Arizona what us "country folks" as were called lol can do.

Its great that we are gong to a tourny one way or another, and thanks alot for letting me go with you Po pimp, ever since the first smash brothers came out I have wanted to go to a tournament and as of saturday "7 years later" you guys made it happen, and now I am even more reved up than ever to go to the next one and the next one and so on, I WILL represent our state the way you all hope, don't worry.

OK guys I have news and I have more news, First I will tell you the semi ok news, First off the tapes will be in a few days earlier than I really thought "still alot of work just not as bad",

Now for the other news, thereason why you ask, "well why is it goingto be faster?' well I picked up 8 tapes when I left. I went over them and checked what was on each of them and I say I am pleased. HOWEVER apparently 2 of the tapes we didn't even use, and one turned out to be pure static.

This can be a few things, the only things I can think of though is that for one of the TV's VCR had the cables for the iniput and the output was mixed up, or we just had a bad a defected VCR. I have battles from every one, I think if you played on more than one TV your safe. Just one was messed up so well be a few battles short. I am so sorry for the mess up. So I will work doubly hard on getting the Vids that I have perfectly edited.

Jeeze I talk to much lol Later.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Great Tourny!

Thanks everyone for a good time and successful turnout.

Po and Fresh, even though we showed up later then expected you guys did an awesome job hosting the tournament. I am already planning for another one after the Arizona tourny and I want you guys to host it again. I may team up with other competitive gamers of Oklahoma so Smash over here can get more attention and be included in other major events. Here is a website for competitive games in general for OK:

http://okgamers.com/

It only has SC3 in it right now but hopefully OK Smash can benefit from it.

It's too bad you couldn't make it RosterImposter. If I had known your situation earlier then I could have given you a ride. Let's hope things work out for you next time.

Congrats to Shade for winning first and for taking teams along with Zinth. Good games to Mithos, Haku, Kosmos, Dart, and Bac. I know I didn't get to battle everyone there but I look forward to playing you guys soon. Can't wait to see some vids!

Shade: We should get some AC in sometime. Sorry for not bringing my stuff, but I'll be sure to do so next time we meet. The guy that played you at the end of the day was George (Deck), in case your interested.

Bloodlink: Mad Peach skills man, but Ganondorf has an upper hand over her. I noticed that you didn't participate in teams at the tourny, so if you ever want a teammate, count me in. Jeremy isn't really into smash and Deck is going to team up with Gameface so I'm free for 2v2.

Let this be a stepping stone for OK Smash.
Later.

PS- Um, what was the name of this tournament again?

Mithos

Smash Rookie
Hey Shade I was just wondering is there anyway to use like video game music for some of the videos?
Cause if you can I would like to atleast do it for the one fight that Haku and I won against you and ZNTH, if its to much trouble than jusy forget it.
Well best of luck with the videos can't wait to see them.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Sure no prob, I can download the vidio game music for a match, if you would like and Yes I know what match you are talking about to lol. I again apologize for the vids not being able to be out before a few weeks and stuff but I am kinda up tight abot having like straight A's and things like thatf "or as close as possible", and I have ACT tommorow, but the Finals will be on soon. But just so you know how my process takes time, I record it to my DVD burner which takes how ever long the tape lasts, then I divide the fights, "I divide them to the exact frame they switch, sorry I know I am to into this", then edit out all the pauses, and then Name them, and then find a song to match each of them and the time lense, THEN it goes to Zinth which the process shouldn't take long after that.

Ha lol now that I think of it we never came up witha name for this, We could call it, OK01, its pretty libral, if any one wants to be creative about it then by all means do it, I could be more creative but I wnt to see your opinions first.

Fuse why didn't Deck participate, he seemed good to me, and he was a cool guy, It was fun fighting him. And yes we do need to have some AC battles, I need to check my AC's prowess.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Heh, after Kosmos beat me I wished that I was good with Ganondorf so I could have used him, because it seemed to me like he'd be good against her, and seeing Vegafuse use him against Kosmos confirmed that.

Well, I've got that picture we all took at the end. I've got more that I'll get up soon, but here's what I've got for tonight:

J

Jasongame

Well, sorry to say I didn't get to join in on the fun. That was the first smash tournament I'd ever gone to. Didn't really get to play in the tournemtn due to time restrictions. I ended up going to a Kiwanis meeting (community service basically) and had hoped that by the time I got there that the 2vs2 matches would be at least halfway through. I hope this post doesn't make me sound like an ******* but there are 3 things I'd like to bring up (more like complaints).

1) Yeah, I know this was your first tournament to hold, Po pimpus, and this was my first tournament to go to. This was a learning experience for us all - myself included. I wouldn't have minded though if the tournament started out on time that way I would've possibly been able to play. But I'm not really complaining about that, I'm just addressing that issue of one of the things that irked me.

2) I was never really satisfied with the explanation I received as to why a Madcatz controller is not allowed. I can see why Wavebirds aren't (for obvious reasons) but why not a Madcatz? Wouldn't a Macro button be more of a hindrance anyways? The explanation I received is that generally, only Nintendo controllers are allowed at SSBM tournaments anyways. Why's that? That seemed like a very biased statement to me. What about Pelican controllers, since they don't have any extra buttons? Would they be allowed? If not, then why?
My friend didn't want to make a big deal out of it, but that kind of irked me a bit. I mean, nobody really gave me a definitive answer before the tournament so I wasn't really able to go and buy one (not that I have free money on-hand to do so). I know, this sounds a lot like I'm complaining, and I kind of am, but I still wouldn't mind getting a good answer. Also, what if I were to just remove the bottons manually from the Madcatz controller? Would it be legal then? I mean, the whole reason my friend uses that controller is because the handles are longer, thus giving him a more comfortable feel. Is it wrong to use a controller with good purposes in mind and not for bad ones? I mean, how can a Macro button help anyways?

3) Lastly, I'd like to address that I never saw anywhere that anyone made a post about the hidden, extra $5 fee to enter the tournament? I mean - correct me if I'm wrong - but I don't think anyone said anything about that. My friend only brought $5 w/ him (not that I would've loaned him an extra $5) but it's the principle of the matter that I'm looking at. I would've been fine w/ that if someone had posted that beforehand that way I would've been prepared for the extra cost. But, I was really irked when I heard that there was an extra $5 tournament entry fee when I got up there.

Well, that's it for what I have to say. Yes, I probably seem like a complete **** to some people for posting this, but I'm actually not. I'm really a nice person, but when I get irked by something, I tend to have to say something about it and I thought this would be the best place to put it. I didn't really feel like getting into an argument face-to-face over at the tournament and since I decided - after 2 hrs of waiting - to not stay for the rest of the tournament (due to time contraints) that I didn't really feel like causing a commotion or anything since nobody else seemed to unhappy with that. But yeah, this is my rant & rave post, so any answers to any of my questions?

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Only the Beginning

What we put together Saturday was only the start of something incredible. Next time will be a much grander event. The others and I will see to that. Marc(Fresh), Pablo(Vegafuse), and I have a few other friends who play Smash that are definitely up for some action.

Marc and I joked about bringing everyone we could down to Arizona if Southpaw gets his tourney set up. Oklahoma would roll in with a freakin' army, man! Shade, I can almost guarantee that your Marth skills are high-level enough to challenge some of the big guns. (I should know, I've beaten or been beaten by them quite a few times :laugh: )

Oh yeah, Marc seems to have accidentally picked up someone's controller Saturday. So if you're down a controller, we have it. Don't worry, we'll keep it safe until we next meet. Which should be pretty soon. That reminds me, if there's anyone else interested in going to Arizona, let us know. We're going to probably rent a vehicle for the trip, so we need to know how big it needs to be to accomodate everyone. It would be so cool to ride into Arizona in a bad *** caravan of Smashers and take that tourney for all its worth...

EDIT: Jasongame, I can't apologize enough for the late start. It was mainly my fault for not having things like extra powerstrips, or a master's degree in Bracketology(thanks Zorg, you really helped us out by making the brackets--they're harder than you think, especially when you're trying to avoid matching friends vs friends...). On the controller issue, at pretty much every tourney I've been to I've only seen people using Nintendo brand controllers. Seeing as how I've never had an up-close look at the MadCatz one, I couldn't determine if the extra buttons would disqualify your friend. If there was a way to disable the special functions and the other participants didn't have a problem with it, I think we could have found a way to make it work.

However, since this is the first time I had tried this, and I was under heavy pressure to just make sure this thing happened at all, I couldn't have been able to think of everything the first time out. It's like expecting a rookie baseball player to hit a grand slam homerun in his first at bat. Chances are he's not going to, and its more likely he'll strike out than get a hit at all on the first try. All that aside, I think the others and I managed to something that others have tried and failed at several times over the years--Oklahoma finally got a decent Smash Brothers Tournament with talented players playing at their best (except me, I suck... :) ).

There will be future tourneys, guaranteed. I hope that next time, everyone will get a chance to show off what they can do. See you ALL there.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Vegafuse said:
Sorry everyone anticipating the 28th, but it's now OFFICIALLY Feb 4th. I already reserved the sooner room for $65 good ones so I hope everyone can make it. (Hopefully the official day is a relief for those who were getting worried)

Room Entry: $5 for gamers, not parents and such.
Tournament: (You don't have to participate, but if you want to win prize money)
1vs1: $5
2vs2: $5

I know, I know, I promised no date change, but the room was already rented out that day so I had no choice. There will be a bigger update with ALL the info you'll need later tomorrow. Thanks everyone for supporting this all the way, now we have everything set in stone.

Shade, I replied to your message but this crap computer froze when it tried to send. But just to let you know, I finally got all golds and we can discuss our rules and banned parts now. PM me whatever you got.

Nice to hear that Jasongame, let's hope your friends can make it too.
This is for your 3rd problem Jasongame. The red shows where I mentioned entry fee. The yellow is to represent the tourny fees. Here is the link to my post:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=59551&page=7&pp=15

Let's hope this clear things up for that matter.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
po_pimpus said:
Marc and I joked about bringing everyone we could down to Arizona if Southpaw gets his tourney set up. Oklahoma would roll in with a freakin' army, man! Shade, I can almost guarantee that your Marth skills are high-level enough to challenge some of the big guns. (I should know, I've beaten or been beaten by them quite a few times :laugh: )
Woah, by "big guns" do you mean people like Ken, Azen, Isai, etc.? Those kind of big guns?

Mithos

Smash Rookie
Woah, by "big guns" do you mean people like Ken, Azen, Isai, etc.? Those kind of big guns?

Gosh Omega Star it's so obvious hes talking about people like me :laugh: jk jk. I just had to say that lol.

Shade_

Smash Ace
lol you guys are great, nah come on if those guys are the big guns, then that makes it that much more exiting and that much more important that we train as hard as we can before hand. Go down doing your best and leaving a little something for your last opponent to remember you buy.

Oh about the vids, I will probably have the finals done this thursday, and then give them to Bryan to be done this Friday. So just so you guys know when they are coming. Believe it or not you can learn a whole lot from watching vids, I have been and I have noticed all of the mistakes that I have made and am working on fixing them, I will get the rest of the vids up as fast as possible for you all to do the same. but see sometimes my dad uses the DVD recorder to record some of his shows like wrestling and stuff, and that leaves me with nothing to do but look at the tapes alone on the VCR, its only when both the recorder and the VCR are free that I can do anything editing wise.

Oh Zinth, that picture looks awsome, yah now we can look at this a ggod time later and go,...................hmmmmmm yup that was us. lol.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Heh, videos do help. One week I didn't play but watched a lot of videos, and in that week I got good enough to take another life off Shade.

Mithos

Smash Rookie
Hey Shade I'll try to find a song I like for that one match I have a couple in mind but got to see if that's what my brother want's. I'll post it as soon as I can.
Also Po My brother and I might be able to go to that tourney in Arizona it would be cool to all ride to gather road trip woot.
I just need to get the ok from my mom i'm trying to talk her into to letting us go.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Yah going together is and would be cool, oh yah,

What color is the extra controller, if it is black I think I know whos it is.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
It's black. I don't know how we ended up with. It's just one of those things that happens at stuff like this, I guess...

South_Paw

Smash Ace
This is a good example of why I put my name on all of my controllers now, lol... Believe me, when you're with about twenty other people, at least four or five will have the same color as you... so you'll definitely want to be able to know which one is yours.

Oh yeah, I checked up on my location today, and the day that we can do it is the 25th of March... but they said something about insurance and I'm going to call them tomorrow and try to figure out what that means. Hopefully it's nothing more than pay for a couple day's of insurance then go about my business... hopefully its something i can work with.

Shade_

Smash Ace
There is a 3 way free for all in a different tape, but it is not THE tape that is defected.

Oh and the controller you have is Blazes, he told me he was missing his black controlller, and I let him borrow ming instead. So we can just get it when we meet again at another tourny or something. No prob.

Oh yah I FINALLY finished the finals, I even added an extra match with me roy vs my brother falco, just for fun, and I need to fill up the disk lol. Zinth will put them up tommorow.

When ever you get those songs mithos post it, and then tell me to get on aim or something. So I can edit them in. Haha I like the adding music to the battles part of this job, it is one of the funnest parts.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Shade_ said:
There is a 3 way free for all in a different tape, but it is not THE tape that is defected.

Oh and the controller you have is Blazes, he told me he was missing his black controlller, and I let him borrow ming instead. So we can just get it when we meet again at another tourny or something. No prob.

Oh yah I FINALLY finished the finals, I even added an extra match with me roy vs my brother falco, just for fun, and I need to fill up the disk lol. Zinth will put them up tommorow.

When ever you get those songs mithos post it, and then tell me to get on aim or something. So I can edit them in. Haha I like the adding music to the battles part of this job, it is one of the funnest parts.
Yusssssssssss. I've got the bracket pages ready to go, all I need now are the videos. They can be viewed here, though they aren't linked to any videos yet, of course.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for taking the time to make vids Shade, and good work with the site Zinth.

Southpaw, it looks like I'm free for the 25th, so I can definitely make it. Maybe the insurance issue they brought up probably has to do with payment of damaged property in the case it occurs. Hopefully it's nothing you can't handle.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
Yeah, that's part of it. But it's also "In case someone gets hurt" like liabilities and stuff... but yeah, I have work tomorrow morning so I can't do it then, but Friday morning I'll go in and talk to them myself before work. So friday hopefully I can tell you guys for certain.

If I have the all clear I'll have the thread for it open AND it'll be on the calender so you can say you're coming. I've had the rules and such ready for a couple of months now, lol.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
i would like to come if i cant but i am not sure about my schedul or my parents. Hey mithos post your aim or something please. I would like to talk to you on aim and stuff.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
South_Paw said:
Yeah, that's part of it. But it's also "In case someone gets hurt" like liabilities and stuff... but yeah, I have work tomorrow morning so I can't do it then, but Friday morning I'll go in and talk to them myself before work. So friday hopefully I can tell you guys for certain.

If I have the all clear I'll have the thread for it open AND it'll be on the calender so you can say you're coming. I've had the rules and such ready for a couple of months now, lol.
Sounds good, but whatever happens, don't let them screw you over. Make sure to secure all the info you can about the place your getting and if your renting the room keep your transaction reciepts and whatnot. They can be sneaky with those nasty hidden fees....

In other news, I got in contact with the OSC coordinator and he can most likely include SSBM in his next tourny (Sooner Room) this May. He is having SF:3rd Strike and Hyper Street Fighter 2 in it along with other undecided games if your interested. I'll give you guys more info whenever he updates.

My schedule:
(Maybe)Feb= NewMexico
March= Arizona
(Maybe)April= Colorado
May= OSC

I don't know about New Mexico and Colorado, but I'm going to need a lot of practice if I do head out. Oh, and Scud, if by some miracle you can go to Arizona, I'm pretty sure Po Pimpus could give you a lift (this goes for everyone else too).

Mithos

Smash Rookie
Hey Shade I have been trying to find a site for video game music but can't find any do you know of any?
I went on www.vgmusic.com but all the music sounded like crap I want the orignal music.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Mithos said:
Hey Shade I have been trying to find a site for video game music but can't find any do you know of any?
I went on www.vgmusic.com but all the music sounded like crap I want the orignal music.

A good site for that is "http://www.zophar.net/music.html". You'll have to download something else that can convert those files to a format like mp3, and a player to play them, but those are the original tracks from the games. Infact, there may be such programs on that very site.

Mithos

Smash Rookie
Okay heres a cool song http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/sony/ps1/shisen.mid
If somebody can get the original song it would sound better and Omega Star my mom doesn't want me to download anything. Let me know if it sounds like crap with the video cause if it does than let's not do it. I was trying to find like some boss music from a game cause I felt like I was fighting like the hardest boss from a game lol.

Mithos

Smash Rookie
Whoops the link dosen't work. I'll just tell you the music it's from Chrono Cross it's the boss music.

Shade_

Smash Ace
If not then blaze can probably get it for you. So one way or another well hear it and then see. haha I guess it would feel like fighting a boss when you are up against a hard opponent.

Alright Zinth is working on the Finals right now, so everyone please just wait a bit longer.

Top Bottom