• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

RosterImposter

Smash Cadet
Its very possible that it is happening on the 4th as well, but I would also like a deffinate date if possible.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Dont' worry I will be recording what ever I can, maybe just the finals, but if you get there, then you can be assured to get your roy on tape. The other battles leading to them though, I am not absolutely sure.

But the Finals online is a certin thing.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Hey guys. Sorry for the long delay, but I've been out of the loop for a while. Unfortunately, nothing as far as a date or a location has been locked down... most of the places I've looked into have either turned me down or dried up.

However, I still haven't looked at Norman. I talked to Vegafuse awhile ago and he said he would call them and see what's available. I apologize for keeping everyone waiting, but I HATE not being able to come through on my word. I want this tourney to happen as much as anyone else, so I WILL be trying everything I can to get this off the ground. I just ask that you all be a little more patient and if anyone can help with a location, Gamecubes, memory cards, TVs, controllers, etc. it will be greatly appreciated.

This can only happen if we all pitch in together and work together. That said, I'll try to be more active on the boards and post updates as they occur. Thank you.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Well Vegafuse, seems to have the status, on who's bringing what, and as much as I don't like to wait, I don't mind cuz if you are working as hard as you say you are then hey thers not much else that you can do.

Thanks, keep us up to date.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Updated

Hey Omega_Star, good to hear that.

Thanks for your update po pimpus. I'm keeping tabs on the equipment everyone's bringing, so no worries. Still no news on Norman though, maybe tomorrow....

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
My dad is going to drop me and my friends off(wherever the tournament is going to be held). He was wanting to know if he came in to watch would he have to pay the addmission fee. Also, (not trying to rush or anything) the 28th isn't that far from now and he would also really like to know where the tournament is being held. ^^;

J

Jasongame

Hey guys, just joined up with the Smashboards today. Been really interested lately in going to some sort of tournament for SSBM and I guess this is the right place for me since I live in Oklahoma as well. Anyways, I just thought I'd say that I would be willing to go to a SSBM tournament at OU since it's only 30 min. away from my house. Just thought I'd also add that I have 2 friends who'd also be interested in it as well but not 100% sure if they'd be able to come as well. Just thought I'd make a post here to let you all know.

Shade_

Smash Ace
So lets see, thats like four new people that would like to join, cool. Guess well just wait to see what the next update from vegafuse is.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Horribly sorry for my double post, just wanted to make sure that everyone is aware that the 28 is in 8 days.

A specific date and Time are going to be very important now, I don't want the same thing to happen, as the last time we tried to do this, and get it postponed. So just a freindly reminer.

RosterImposter

Smash Cadet
Yes, we really need a sure fire place and time for thing, alot of people are going to be mad if there isnt a tourny.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Pirce details would help, depending on how much they are will determin if my second brother can come or not.

5 Days..........

Uh oh, I am getting a bad feeling about this, I mean we have to give people at least a 3 day window of how its going down, 2 is pushing it, and the 28th is right around the corner...... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............Sorry these things make me nervous when they don't happen soon.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Well, today is the big day. I'll find out everything tonight, so keep in touch with the boards. Trust me, the worst that can happen is a location change (NOT a date change) to a friend's house. Other then that, things will go as planned.

Sorry for not keeping you guys updated, both me and Popimpus were busy all week. I was getting a new job.........

RosterImposter

Smash Cadet
Uh oh, he hasnt replied yet, that cant be good.

Vegafuse, please hurry up!!!!! I cant stand all this suspense...... :cry:

Shade_

Smash Ace
Just chill, we know its happening for sure now at least. I cant say I don't share your impatience though.

Still I am sure he is going as fast as he can. "I hope"

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Sorry everyone anticipating the 28th, but it's now OFFICIALLY Feb 4th. I already reserved the sooner room for $65 good ones so I hope everyone can make it. (Hopefully the official day is a relief for those who were getting worried)

Room Entry: $5 for gamers, not parents and such.
Tournament: (You don't have to participate, but if you want to win prize money)
1vs1: $5
2vs2: $5

I know, I know, I promised no date change, but the room was already rented out that day so I had no choice. There will be a bigger update with ALL the info you'll need later tomorrow. Thanks everyone for supporting this all the way, now we have everything set in stone.

Shade, I replied to your message but this crap computer froze when it tried to send. But just to let you know, I finally got all golds and we can discuss our rules and banned parts now. PM me whatever you got.

Nice to hear that Jasongame, let's hope your friends can make it too.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Alright so it is really like 2 tourniments in one, I guess I will have to survive a little longer without the tourny but I can make it.

Hmm I should be able to come this date, Hmm this will be interesting having team battle tournaments,

Oh and so only the people playing have to pay, if parents want to or friends that just want to watch, they can do so with out haveing to pay?

South_Paw

Smash Ace
Yes! Awesome guys. I knew you'd pull through. Sorry I can't be there smashing it up w/you guys, but I'll definitely be seeing some of it later! (*cough* Shade *cough*)...

I'm still putting together my tourney, I'll let you know when i have specifics. Right now I just have a 20-30 person list.

Hope this tourney works out for you guys! I'll be back soon enough, possibly the May/June area, and IF there's no tourney scheduled for then, I'll hold it myself...

S.Paw

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for being off topic, but do a lot of you go to OU or OSU and if so how far away from Texas Tech are you guys. We should all get to gether and have a Tech vs. OU/OSU tournament. I'm not sure how far away either of those schools are, so if its pretty far then never mind, but if its only an hour or two then why not?

po pimpus

Smash Ace
It's On!

Hey guys, Vegafuse just let me know what 's up. I'm happy to see that we could finally make this happen! I'll definitely be helping as far as brackets and setup... I don't know if we'll be needing cubes or tvs, Vegafuse said he'll update me with all the details soon. What we need now is everyone who can definitely come post saying so. It will help us set up the brackets easier. The date IS set in stone. We WILL make this happen. Rest assured, if this takes off, we WILL do it again.

The time is now. Oklahoma smash is finally a reality.

Shade_

Smash Ace
SWEET to the MAX, ok I had to say that, any way, I think most everyone that is coming has said so already, I still would like to know if it cost anything to watch so that I can tell my freinds that just want to watch.

Any way I have been waiting a while for all this to finally happen, with a tourniment near me, so may the best player win when we finally meet. I will still be recording the finals to put online, so everyone knows.

Its coming...........

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I'm definately going to be there. I heard something about the people who know each other being put in different sides of the bracket, that true? It'd be pretty cool if so.

Mithos

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone i'm one of BloodLinks friends that will be entering the tournament. I was thinking about putting a topic on gamefaqs.com about the tournament so we can get more people and wanted to make sure it's okay with you guys?

RosterImposter

Smash Cadet
I live in OKC, not to far from stillwater.
I wonder how much tier diversity there is in Oklahoma. Lets post the characters we use.
My main: Gold Roy!!!
My secondaries: Fox, Falco, and Marth, but Im not really too good with them.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
I'm not that great but i use Falco(blue) and Captain Falcon(grey). I also like playing link but again im not very good.

Vegafuse could you post where exactly the tournament is with directions so everyone knows how to get there?

Shade_

Smash Ace
Mithose It looks good the only thing that I think that you forgot is we need more voluteers for TV's and stuff.

Hmm I have mained in so many characters I have lost count, but I Like Marth, Roy, Shiek, Fox, Samus, Falco,C Falcon, Mario, Link, and Young Link. Marth is my best.

Blaze is Samus,
Lee is Fox, Marth
Dart is Falco, Marth, Mario and Luigi, DC. Mario
Zinth is Marth, Shiek, Dc. Mario

I don't know who I will use for Team battles though, we are still practicing the best team characters.

I think when he knows whenit is hel post the time and stuff.

Mithos

Smash Rookie
I don't think it really matters now nobody is entering on gamefaqs. Im surprised I thought we would get a couple people.
My best characters are Marth then Fox then Young Link.

Top Bottom