• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

South_Paw

Smash Ace
Hey guys sorry I've been out of the loop for so long since I dint get Internet much down here. Due to financial circumstances, my time here has been shortened and ill have to be heading back soon. But hopefully ill still be able to make it. Vegafuse, what do you mean by the locationsl in case I misread something? P yeah, how many TVs, cubes, and copies of smash are we expecting? I can bring one of each myself including memory card. If you can, call me when you get a day, shade has my number, if I don't answer its cus I have no signal, in that case message me and ill give you my home phone.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
I have two friends who wish to participate in this tournament as well. 2vs2 sounds great to me. Friendly Fire on ON eh? That is going to be fun lol. Nothing is more fun than killing your partner when he has one stock left. (I should know, I've accidently done it before). I can bring my Gamecube and game and memory card, but I'm not so sure about the T.V. My friends can probably bring their gamecubes, games and memory cards as well (Hopefully).

Kaos29

Smash Cadet
If the tournament is going to have 2vs2 in it I think there should be two divisions, 1v1 and 2v2. Some people aren't good at 2vs2 and vice versa. And also is there an established date and place for the tournament yet? Thanks.

Shade_

Smash Ace
No there is not a date "yet",

but I think it would be better to just have the team battles after we have had the official tournyment, that way the people that would like to be in both can, and also nobody that dosn't want to do the team battles will have to, it could be part of the friendlys. But that is just my personal opinion.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Now that I think of it, Vegafuses idea of just recording only the finals is better than recording the whole thing, and its faster that way,

Ok so we now have plenty of volinterrs for cubes, but not that many volinters for TV's to play them on.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Once again, sorry, sorry, and sorry for another long delay. Unfortunately for me, I am now working two jobs these days and scarcely have anytime to post anymore. With the situation I'm in right now, I have no choice but to leave the tournament in the hands of Po pimpus and Pinerider. This actually may be for the better, because now instead of one lousy host, you guys have two reliable ones. I certainly can assure you that these guys have greater knowledge on tourny hosting than I do, and they are most certainly capable of updating more frequently than myself. I'm still going to attend the tourny, and maybe help a bit to make sure things go well (probably not necessary with these guys in charge), but I no longer can plan this thing through due to said problem.

Now, since I'm here, I'll just answer some of your questions to loosen the load...... First off, the minimum TV/Cube requirements to let the tourny run decently should be about 4 each. So far we got:

TV's:
2=Vegafuse
1=Shade_
1=Jeremy
Possible 1=South_Paw
Possible 2=Shade's Friends

Guaranteed Total: 4 TVs
Possible: 7 TVs

Cube w/Smash & MemCard:
1=Shade_
1=South_Paw
1=Bloodlink
Possible 2=Shade's Friends
Possible 1=Scud
Possible 2= Po Pimpus & Pinerider

Guaranteed Total: 3(!) Cubes
Possible: 8 Cubes

I'm pretty sure Po Pimpus and Pinerider could bring their cubes, so it already looks like we're set. The number of controllers you guys bring each is sorta moot, it just matters that you're responsible to have a controller at the time your match begins. This is a common unwritten rule in the smash community, but if you don't have one, then I guess you'll have to find someone that could lend you one at the tourny.

As for 2on2, Shade pretty much got the right idea. 1on1 is definitely going to be the main event and then teams will either be a side event or just casuals/$mm's after the tourny. You don't have to play teams if you don't want to, and the same goes for singles. But if you want to win cash, I recommend that you participate in the actual tournament.

Shade, if you can still get the finals recorded, that'll be sweet. Let's just hope that it will be a worthy battle. South_Paw, PM me your number tonight. Maybe we can get some games in tommorow noon so you won't leave smashless (which I can relate to :( ).

This may sound bad, but the tournament may get postponed till late January. I hope that still sounds good to you guys. I personally dislike unfulfilling my word, so hopefully the new guys in charge can find us a solid date soon.

Later.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Fine alrigh, guess at least there will still be a tourny at all, and thats better than none,

I should be able to record all the finals, and if not then it will still be ablot of fun either way, well do the two no host have an aim, if so then can you tell me so that I can talk to them.

Thanks for the update any way Fuse.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Shade_ said:
Fine alrigh, guess at least there will still be a tourny at all, and thats better than none,

I should be able to record all the finals, and if not then it will still be ablot of fun either way, well do the two no host have an aim, if so then can you tell me so that I can talk to them.

Thanks for the update any way Fuse.
Sorry Shade, I only contact Po pimpus by phone, e-mail, and through PMing. I have no idea what's his AIM, but he should be able to post up tommorow night or Sunday noon for sure. Anyways, we are going to game a bit tommorow afternoon and have those matches recorded. If it's alright, I'll send those videos to you so they can be posted up here. This way, a lot of OK smashers will have an idea of how good the current smash meta-game is going to be at the tourny. I'll even try to get you some AC3 and AC:9B footage in there too (you don't have to upload these, just to see if you can give me some pointers).

Now, just 8 more golds and I'll have the mayfly......

EDIT: I finally included my AIM name. Now whenever someone needs to contact me about info, advice, or requests, here is an additional source of contact:

AIM: lostandconfuse01

Shade_

Smash Ace
Haha, Ok I will have some serious downloading to do then,

Lol what golds are you missing, I had the mayfly about 4 months ago. And remember everyaspect of that game, and all AC games.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
I haven't really tried in a long time, but I really want to get all golds in the very last training missions. I believe they were called "Overall: Melee/Multiple" or something like that. Then I have the usual 4th "Spacing" mission left undone like everyone else. I could handle the other 2 myself. AC3 is the only one I'm really used to, NX and 9B physics seem slightly slower.......

Shade_

Smash Ace
Haha they are is the reason,

But when you get those vids recorded, for sssm, and AC if you put them up, like be sur to let me know, and we might be able to add them to our site as well.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Don't worry RosterImposter, we'll let you know as soon as we find out. The OU offices open again tomorrow, so the date should be announced sometime this week. Plus, I can contact PoPimpus and Pinerider myself to see if they have any progress done on the tournament.

Shade: The matches will be recorded next weekend and I'll try to drop them off or whatever the next day. I usually play as low tier characters, so expect some Bowser, Mewtwo, or Yoshi action. Thanks for the AC help offer, I'll PM you what I need.

South_Paw: Sorry for the let down man, but next time your here, I'll pay my respects. Just hit me up whenever you know of any good AZ tournies happening.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
Hey guys...

First... to whoever is willing to travel out of state for a tourney, I'm going to be hosting one pretty soon and we're expecting a huuuge turnout, and I would love to see Oklahoma represented by at least six to ten people (more would rock). Pretty much the best in Arizona will be there, and I'm going to see who I can get from Texas and N. Mexico to come... all are welcome to come. Everybody that wants to come PLEASE give me some days that you'll be able to come (spring break?) and I'm almost already garunteed a location, so as soon as I can make time to include everybody I'll have it posted in the regional zones.

Okay now that that's said. Shade, I'm hoping to see some newer vids of you and your guys soon, a couple of my friends want to start making them also, and I'll probably have some of myself to trade w/you when I get em. Can't wait to play you guys!

Vegafuse, I know you said you'd like to come here to play in one of ours, and I won't disappoint, I'll make sure there's a great turnout, and yes, Tucson WILL be coming (I've already talked to forward about this). And don't worry, you'll be one of the first to know about it, as promised. Trust me, the competition will be intense.

I hope the tournament this month is awesome for you guys and that a lot of people show, I'll be wanting to see the finals in the video room! lol.

Oh yeah, roster imposter, scud, and everybody else. You guys stay in touch with each other and keep it alive out there! Hopefully if one of you cant get a ride maybe somebody else will be able to help...

RosterImposter

Smash Cadet
Ill try to help give some people some rides (depending on when the tourny is), Ill probably going to Seattle to have my driving test so I dont have those gay *** restrictions on my lisense.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
i hope i can come to the tourny this month but im not for sure because of All State Orchestra :-/. I definately hope this works out though.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
I'll absolutely try to make it to your tourny South_Paw! It sounds like you really got something going on man, especially with some brand name players attending. This could really turnout to be a major tourny such as MOAST. I'll be sure to represent Oklahoma over there along with others that may need rides. The best time for me is during ANY weekend, but Spring Break is generally a good time for everyone. We'll let you know whenever we have our tourny finals posted. Thanks for keeping in touch with us man, you are always welcomed.

Hey Scud, tell me the days that you can't make it this month so I can let PoPimpus take it into account. I want to make sure no one else misses out so this goes for everyone. If there are any times that you may be unavailable during this month, let me know ASAP.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Wow, I would absolutely love to go represent OK, at the tourniment you are talking about South Paw, but I am afraid if I went at all, my parents wont take me, and I would have to ride with someone else, I could pay for the food and stuff I need, but thats what would need to happen for me to go, Man hate bnot being able to drive. Keep me posted any way.

As for this tourny, I am not sure about how many people will be here, I am hoping for at least thirty, but it is not looking promising. If the people from the beginning of this thread are still keeping tabs on this then, it looks like we will have quite a crowed, but if not then, I don't know. But I will hope for the best.

RosterImposter

Smash Cadet
Vegafuse, Ill need a ride, if you dont mind. Gas, Food, a place to sleep, Ill help pay as much as needed.

Hopefully you guys dont **** me too badly, but the tourny aint till spring break so I guess I have enough time to practice with my characters!

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
*Updates in Yellerzorz*

To tell you the truth, thirty people is a bigger turnout than the Oklahoma State Championship's 05. OSC had 3rd Strike, MarvelvsCapcom2, GuiltyGear#Reload, and CapcomvsSNK 2 in the lineup. Gamers from Texas also attended. Being able to even top 25 is impressive for Oklahoma, but I hope that's not the case for this tourny. If it is going to be bigger than I expected, then we'll have to whip out the equipment sign-up list again......

Shade, RosterImposter, anyone else: If you and your friends are going to Arizona and needing rides, I'll try to help you out. Just let me know whenever you make a decision so we can plan it out. It may be better if we all go as a group (heh, fieldtrip), so we can keep in touch with each other.

About the OK Tourny..... (Norman)

I want to make a list of who's going so I'll know what we're actually dealing with. All you have to do is tell me if you can show up on Jan 28th or Feb 4th and I'll add you to the list. So far we got:

----Sooner Smash---- (Norman)

-Vegafuse
-Jeremy
-Deck
-Game
-RosterImposter
-RI's Lil bro
-RI's Older bro
-Jeff
-Billy
-RI Friend #1
-RI Friend #2
-RI Friend #3
-BloodLink
-Mark
-Tyler
-Shade
-Blaze
-Zinth
-Dart
-Lee
-Scud
-Kaos29
-Popimpus
-Pinerider

That's what I got as of now. If you don't know if you can make it during one of those days, I'll still add you to the list. If you find out that you can't, I'll just remove you so even if there is a %0.1 chance of you going, let me know. If some of you don't post here but read the thread and would like to attend, let me know through here or AIM (6:30-8:30). If you have friends that would like to go but don't post, go ahead and list them on thier behalf. Spread the word everyone. I'll try to get everyone I know who plays Smash to come to this. All I can say is let's try to stay optimistic, because this thread would be dead without the interest that sparked it in the first place......

RosterImposter

Smash Cadet
Ok, Ill be able to make it, if my friend Jeff can give me a ride. If he will give me a ride, then he will be able to give about 3 or 4 other people (my family and friends). So here is a list:

Probably will be able to go....
RosterImposter
My Lil Bro
Jeff
My Friend Billy

A possibility they might be able to go...
My older bro
3 of our friends

^^^
I really dont think they will go, but as much as they talk about smash, Id like to see them go.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
I will be able to make it on either date. I only have two friends(that I know of) that play smash, and they are also very anxious to come to this tournament so:

Me
My friends Mark and Tyler.

Also about the tourny you're planning South_Paw, I would like to attend this as well. Spring Break is also ok with me(I turn 18 in March! alright!). Anyways, If I can think of anymore people that play smash I will post em here.

Shade_

Smash Ace
YES!!!!!!!!!!!! we have dates, "for now"

I can make it, to Jan 28, and so can al my freinds, so thats:
Me Shade
Blaze
Zinth
Dart
Lee
actually depending on how much it costs Lee might not be able to come. But everyone else can.
The ride would be nice if its no problem Fuse.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to hear that Scud, though the room hasn't been reserved yet so you may still have a chance. Try to find out the real date of your all-state and we'll see what we can do........

South_Paw

Smash Ace
That's awesome guys... it looks like you're going to have 25+ people coming, not including random people that just show up (are you guys putting up flyers?)

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Updated

Flyers would help but I'm currently strapped for time and I don't know what Popimpus and Pinerider have in mind. I'll see what they can do but if anyone volunteers to do it themselves, that will help.

By the way Scud, that's the first time I seen you with a "positive" emoticon...... I was starting to worry where all those ":-/" were coming from, lol.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Hey, this is Zinth, Shade's friend. Like he said, I'm planning on making the tournament, and I could bring a Gamecube and memory card if need be. I could probably bring a tape or tapes to record battles as well. I'm looking forward to it, and am curious to see how I stack up against other players in the state outside my group of friends.

Shade_

Smash Ace
So would it be safe to assume that this thing is happening on the 28th..... or is someone able to stille come, It seems that everyone that can get in to this thing already said so, and I am not seeing many other people try join in.

However I don't mind, I wil be there one way or another, just need to make sure that the 28 is when its happening.

Top Bottom