• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Mithos

Smash Rookie
Thanks BloodLink.
It's the 2 song The Brink Of Death. If it doesn't sound good with the video than just go ahead and put what you want.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
No problem Mithos. Hey Shade, do you think you could put in one of my fights a song from Chrono Trigger or Xenosaga I. For Chrono Trigger I'd like the Undersea Palace music. For Xenosaga I'd like the U.M.N. Mode or Last Boss music. All three of those songs can be found on www.bluelaguna.net
If you can't then thats cool.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord

Zabuza

Smash Rookie
hey zinth dont worry about putting that song on our 2 vs 2 match against us the 1 that Mithos was talking about just do 1 of your best really cool JP songs those songs for just those 2 battle was awesome. just a really cool song like an intence song lol i dont know just pick 1 your self or something i know mithos would like these songs. i dont think it will be a problem with him besides he said if u have alot better songs just do 1 of them. :chuckle:

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
lol yeah same here. I just got done watching those two videos and I must say I was quite impressed by the choice in music. Go ahead and put what you want; I'll be happy either way.
:laugh: . Anyways great matches! Hope to see more soon!

EDIT: My computer crashed today >_< and all my school is saved onto the hardrive. If I can't get it to work well... I'm screwed(I won't be able to go to any tournaments this year because of all the schoolwork I MIGHT have to redo). Pray for me guys that everything turns out well(I'm on my dad's computer right now in case you were wondering).

Shade_

Smash Ace
Haha, I am glad you like the music we put in, don't worry I will make sure your battles have some real good songs since you asked,

Oh Zinth the only recomendation I have is that you change the format of the Vids, to like Windows player or real player, I have a hard time using quick time, I can play them when you send me the link, but when I save it and try play it from my PC alone it dosn't work. So if you can that would help alot.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Shade_ said:
Haha, I am glad you like the music we put in, don't worry I will make sure your battles have some real good songs since you asked,

Oh Zinth the only recomendation I have is that you change the format of the Vids, to like Windows player or real player, I have a hard time using quick time, I can play them when you send me the link, but when I save it and try play it from my PC alone it dosn't work. So if you can that would help alot.

I'll do that if I can, but I won't be able to the first time, because this computer doesn't write in Windows Media format. I'd have to use the Dell, but my sister is always on it and I really hate using it.

Zabuza

Smash Rookie
dude bloodlink that really sucks sorry to hear that and yes ill that in my prayer.

RosterImposter

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, how would you feel about another tourny?

Me and my mom were talking and we have a place that could fit alot of people, the only problem is there is only one bathroom. I didnt think it was such a big deal, but she thinks it is. If we do decide to have another tourny, we will need you guys' full support.
If it happens, here is the possibilities for prizes for both 2v2 and 1v1:
1st: $200 (Might change to $100)
2nd: $100 (Might change to $50)
3rd: $50 (Might change to $25)

Drinks, Food, and other snacks would be for sale.

This is all I know so far, but my mom has mentioned additional prizes.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
RosterImposter said:
Hey guys, how would you feel about another tourny?

Me and my mom were talking and we have a place that could fit alot of people, the only problem is there is only one bathroom. I didnt think it was such a big deal, but she thinks it is. If we do decide to have another tourny, we will need you guys' full support.
If it happens, here is the possibilities for prizes for both 2v2 and 1v1:
1st: $200 (Might change to $100)
2nd: $100 (Might change to $50)
3rd: $50 (Might change to $25)

Drinks, Food, and other snacks would be for sale.

This is all I know so far, but my mom has mentioned additional prizes.
That sounds most excellent. I've been itching for another tourney ever since the first. I support the idea.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
I hope you can retrieve your data Bloodlink, it would suck to make up all that homework.

Your tourny idea sounds great RosterImposter, but I will need to ask a few questions if you don't mind:

1) Where are you holding it?
2) When's the expected date/time?
3) How much are you going to charge?
4) Will you need extra TV's and Cube's?

I could definitely go but I'm going to need to know these kind of things before I start planning. The last tourny ran decently with about 3/4 TV's and Cube's, but it lasted about 6 hours for 2v2 followed by 1v1's. Just let me know if you need people to volunteer for staff. I could help with brackets and ref some matches that need to be supervised. Also, make sure you use rules everyone can agree with, like MLG rules or MOAST.

I'm pretty sure you got this one in the bag, but if you have questions, let PoPimpus know. For now, I'm just going to enjoy all these matches!

Shade_

Smash Ace
I can probably go to this one to, I just really need to know when it is going to happen.

I have already started to edit 3 out of four video tapes so there should be more coming up soon.

RosterImposter

Smash Cadet
Be assured I will let you all know atleast 1 month in advance. Right now nothing is set in stone, Ill let you guys know if anything changes.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
YES!! My dad took my computer to the shop and the repairman said it could be fixed! *sighs heavily with relief* So glad I'm not losing anything >_>. Anyways just wanted to tell yall the good news and any tournaments yall have planned I will now be able to attend ^_^.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Hey rooster, do you think your tournament will be before the Arizona or after. I am just wondering, so that I can tell my mom what to expect.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Whoa, just got done watching the vids last night. The 4th match with Sheik and Falco impressed Deck and Game. It was even hard for me to believe I pulled through at the end (thx to that suicide, heh). Now I'm hyped up and can't wait to see the others. We should all get some games in at a get-together before we challange out-of-staters. I'm going to need the practice....

Shade_

Smash Ace
Very true, we do need to get together to hang a bit before the tourny in Arizona, and "I to was supprised you pulled that off the fourth match as well" Not sure how we would do it, there is alot of us.
And my mom still the safest person on earth, and its hard to let me go anywhere for her. "it is so not cool"

But yes true, the more practice we have the better we stand a chance of winning bigger out of state tournies. And it would be fun.

RosterImposter

Smash Cadet
The tourny will be after the Arizona one, that Im sure of. Right now, the main concern is find a new place with 2 bathrooms.

We all need to get together and have a smashfest real soon, I need to play some other people, I need to test my Roy out on some new people!

South_Paw

Smash Ace
Hey guys. How would you feel about having a graveyard tournament? The other place I'm looking at will let us do it a lot cheaper if we do it sometime like ten pm to 8 am... i know thats some crazy hours especially for younger smashers, but if you guys say no then ill tell them no and figure something else out... you guys are a big influence on a lot of my decisoins, just so you know, lol.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Graveyard tournament, umm like what is that, if you mean play at a graveyard then that would be ok with me, though it would be very disrepectful to have a game competetion in one. Well if thats were youll have it then, by all means I wil try to make it.

Rooster, I would like to practice with you before the tournament if its ok with you, though your parents would need to talk to mine, so that they would trust each other to let one of us go to the others house, it would be fun, and we have that switch deal remember.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Southpaw, if you get the new place, I'll still be there. Time is no factor for me, as long as you can get this thing set up. I got more to post up but my comp is really unstable, and it could freeze any second now.

For those who don't know, I'm pretty sure the "Graveyard" word is referring to those late hours everyone else is asleep in (ie, Graveyard Shift). Plus, it would be completely illegal to perform any "outside" activity at an actual cemetary, especially at that time.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Vegafuse said:
Whoa, just got done watching the vids last night. The 4th match with Sheik and Falco impressed Deck and Game. It was even hard for me to believe I pulled through at the end (thx to that suicide, heh). Now I'm hyped up and can't wait to see the others. We should all get some games in at a get-together before we challange out-of-staters. I'm going to need the practice....

Yeah we really need to smash against each other soon. I'm really itching for a rematch with you Vegafuse and this time I won't lose. :laugh: And South Paw. I'm down for anything . I just need a ride lol >_>;

Zabuza

Smash Rookie
lol that sounds great a graveyard tourny. thats what i was thinking shade i was like umm a tourny at a graveyard... that would be freaky but hey i would go lol

i could just see it some old lady comes to the the graveyard to see some old guy like her husband and starts beating the crap of us with her cane screaming "get the...... off my husbands grave"... and we would all be walking off looking like :teeth: .... lol yea that would be grrreeaaat.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Zabuza said:
lol that sounds great a graveyard tourny. thats what i was thinking shade i was like umm a tourny at a graveyard... that would be freaky but hey i would go lol

i could just see it some old lady comes to the the graveyard to see some old guy like her husband and starts beating the crap of us with her cane screaming "get the...... off my husbands grave"... and we would all be walking off looking like :teeth: .... lol yea that would be grrreeaaat.
LOL I can see it now. A caution sign near the graveyard saying "beware of old ladies." :laugh: If a old lady comes up to us while we are playing I'm runnin' :chuckle:

South_Paw

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I've decided that we've waited long enough, I'm going to post everything tonight with the tentative location, which is most likely the only thing that might even be changed. It will be in regional zones, discussion, and the calender. I just don't have a name for it yet.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Lol sorry I don't get things like that well, I take things to literally, but it sounds good, now all I need to do is convince my mom to let me go for sure.

Sounds good wouth paw, I will try to check it out tonight. Man why is the name always the last thing to be figured out, just call it like something broad and logical lol.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Alright fellas, this is probably going to be the first out-of-state tourny for you. If you're planning on going, now is a good time to let PoPimpus know. This is a good oppurtunity to show the rest of the Southwest what we're made of.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
I really hope I can go >_>;. My parents are still thinking on it.(They've never let me go out of the state by myself before so I can understand why they are worried). Btw Shade, did the friendly matches get recorded and if so are you going to post em here?

Shade_

Smash Ace
Of coars I will put the vids here when I am done lol, they are just taking a while so be a little more patient.

Any way I just had the idea that everyone that is going to the tournyment, and is riding with Po Pimpus or Vegafuse, that.... what if the night before we headed on over there that we spend the night at some place togethe. And that way we could all have like a last chance warm up before the big thing, you know help each other with little tips and teicks to better prepare them for the tournament.

That is what me and my team mate did, we spent like 2 hours working our team battle stratigies and then we spent the rest of the time doing 1 on 1's, and it helped alot. And if you plan it right you end up getting like 8 hours of sleep anyway. So just a little Idea.

Man this is going to be awsome,

Think of it, the people that you were fighting, the people that were your toughest enimies are all now going to be on your side. Of Oklahoma!!! Well I just like the idea of being with alot of friends at these things, and I hope you all do to.

Man I talk to much, Later. P.S. blood link your signiture owns.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Yes! My parents said I can go to Arizona for the tourny! ONLY IF we stay the night at some place(my parents are against driving there for the tourny, playing all night with no sleep THEN driving back with no sleep). So if we go, I need to know the sleeping arrangements lol. This is gonna be so much fun! I can't wait! Oh and also, who's gonna pick me up? >_>; :laugh:

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Shade_ said:
Of coars I will put the vids here when I am done lol, they are just taking a while so be a little more patient.

Any way I just had the idea that everyone that is going to the tournyment, and is riding with Po Pimpus or Vegafuse, that.... what if the night before we headed on over there that we spend the night at some place togethe. And that way we could all have like a last chance warm up before the big thing, you know help each other with little tips and teicks to better prepare them for the tournament.

That is what me and my team mate did, we spent like 2 hours working our team battle stratigies and then we spent the rest of the time doing 1 on 1's, and it helped alot. And if you plan it right you end up getting like 8 hours of sleep anyway. So just a little Idea.

Man this is going to be awsome,

Think of it, the people that you were fighting, the people that were your toughest enimies are all now going to be on your side. Of Oklahoma!!! Well I just like the idea of being with alot of friends at these things, and I hope you all do to.

Man I talk to much, Later. P.S. blood link your signiture owns.
Yeah man, pre-tourny warm-ups is much needed if we want to be at 100%. I always get off at a rough start when I don't get any games in the night before. Also, we should form an Oklahoma team and play crew battles against Arizona and Kansas.

BloodLink said:
Yes! My parents said I can go to Arizona for the tourny! ONLY IF we stay the night at some place(my parents are against driving there for the tourny, playing all night with no sleep THEN driving back with no sleep). So if we go, I need to know the sleeping arrangements lol. This is gonna be so much fun! I can't wait! Oh and also, who's gonna pick me up? >_>;
That's awesome man. Popimpus and I will definitely make sure we find a place to crash before the tourny day. I'll try and see if SouthPaw can provide housing or if he knows any good motels around the place. As for a ride, you're already covered. Popimpus is going to rent out a Dodge Caravan or something bigger just for the trip. I'm going to call him up to see what he can do. (I'm only going to drive as a last resort, so far I'll be riding with you guys).

In the mean time, lets get some good practice in. Hopefully we can plan a get-together sooner or later. I didn't get the chance to play a lot of people at the previous tournament and I really want some rematches with Shade and his crew, Bloodlink, and the Mithos bros.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I should be able to go, it sounds like you all are pretty organized. An Oklahoma crew sounds like a great idea. Perhaps I could make ID cards for everyone, lol. I've already started preparing for this and any future tournaments, improving my Marth skills and picking up some extra characters. I haven't been able to play against a fellow human since the tournament though =( If I can get online SSBM set up, that should change. Vidjo and I are actually trying to connect to each other on it =o

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Vegafuse said:
Yeah man, pre-tourny warm-ups is much needed if we want to be at 100%. I always get off at a rough start when I don't get any games in the night before. Also, we should form an Oklahoma team and play crew battles against Arizona and Kansas.

That's awesome man. Popimpus and I will definitely make sure we find a place to crash before the tourny day. I'll try and see if SouthPaw can provide housing or if he knows any good motels around the place. As for a ride, you're already covered. Popimpus is going to rent out a Dodge Caravan or something bigger just for the trip. I'm going to call him up to see what he can do. (I'm only going to drive as a last resort, so far I'll be riding with you guys).

In the mean time, lets get some good practice in. Hopefully we can plan a get-together sooner or later. I didn't get the chance to play a lot of people at the previous tournament and I really want some rematches with Shade and his crew, Bloodlink, and the Mithos bros.

Alright cool. :bluejump: Hehe I'm suprised my parents actually said yes. I was really shocked. They were like "Sure you can go just make sure that everyone gets some sleep on the way." I left the room grinning and seriously pumped. :chuckle:

P.S. my name is now KOS-MOS, not BloodLink anymore.

Mithos

Smash Rookie
I can't go to the Arizona Tournament my parents said it's to far.
I hope you guys do great. Maybe we can get together sometime and just have some friendlys.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Mithos said:
I can't go to the Arizona Tournament my parents said it's to far.
I hope you guys do great. Maybe we can get together sometime and just have some friendlys.

That really sucks Mithos. I really wish you could come with us. :( . Like you said, maybe all of us could get together sometime and just have some friendly matches.

Zabuza

Smash Rookie
LOL KOS-MOS love the sig it's so funny LOL you need to tell me where your getting these awesome sigs.

Top Bottom