• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Shade_

Smash Ace
Arr, getting my mom to let me go to the tournament is harder than I expected, I really hope that in the end I can go, she just said she dosn't know about the people taking me that much, "exept in a meaner way", but my dad is all for me getting to challeng myself like this, so I have a chance, wish me luck. Either way I am going to make sure I am getting there, I have to persuade my mom, this is something I can't miss.

I would really like to rematch alot of you guys to, I really want to fight you again when you are all in your more skilled and better levels. And the OK team to cahlleng the other states is GREAT!!! Hope we can get it together.

What!!! cant go mithos, man thats to bad, you are pretty good......Thanks for the luck though but man thats not cool.

Once again Blood link, your sig completely owns lol. I

Zabuza

Smash Rookie
well u guys probly already know but i cant go to the tourny either since im mithos bro i also have no chance of going. i just was saying that for the people that didnt know we we're bros lol it would be awesome if we just got together soon just to play tho. i really want some rematches with some of u guys like fresh next time im gonna do alot better i still cant believe i switched to peach that was a mistake lol also i really want to play shade again hehe.

next time ill be like :uzi: :smash: :rocket: :bigrocket :enforcer: :sniper: and the best of all :smiliegor lol and then u all will be like :scared: lol and ill just be standing there like :bandit: lol ok ok i think thats enough sorry i get in to it sometimes hehe. i love using those smiles... sorry im all talk and all show but just little bit more talk LOL

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Omega_Star said:
I should be able to go, it sounds like you all are pretty organized. An Oklahoma crew sounds like a great idea. Perhaps I could make ID cards for everyone, lol. I've already started preparing for this and any future tournaments, improving my Marth skills and picking up some extra characters. I haven't been able to play against a fellow human since the tournament though =( If I can get online SSBM set up, that should change. Vidjo and I are actually trying to connect to each other on it =o
Great man, we should be able to give you a lift. From the looks of it, you already play a mean Marth. I only wished that I actually came around to playing Marth dittos with you (aswell as Shade). Maybe it can happen if someone sets up a Smash-out or something..... Heh, and I could only guess that Ganon is one of your new characters ;)

By the way, I would just pay you $5 up front if you make me an ID card :chuckle:

Zabuza said:
well u guys probly already know but i cant go to the tourny either since im mithos bro i also have no chance of going. i just was saying that for the people that didnt know we we're bros lol it would be awesome if we just got together soon just to play tho. i really want some rematches with some of u guys like fresh next time im gonna do alot better i still cant believe i switched to peach that was a mistake lol also i really want to play shade again hehe.
Sorry to hear that man, you guys would've been a great asset to our team. I won't be able to hold casuals at my place though, so if someone else is willing and able, then by all means lets let it happen.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
We can't have friendlies at my house(not enough room) and Vegafuse, I've been practing with Fox, Falco and Marth(I'm probably better with Fox than I am with Peach) so you better be ready the next time we see each other hehe. Go ahead I dare you to choose Ganon again. :chuckle:

RosterImposter

Smash Cadet
Man, this sounds awesome. Wish I could find some way to go, but this is going on during spring break right? Well im gonna be in arkansas till tuesday (we are leaving on friday probably). What is the date for this thing?

Shade_

Smash Ace
I would absolutely love to have a Marth dittos match Vegafuse. And Omegastar will more than likely make ID cards for our OK team, "he did it for everyone in our team, and they turned out alot better, than I thought."

Omega star you should make a link to the First ID cards, we are going to cahnge a few things and make it bettter, but they have two screen shots of the character you main with, one of a close up in the characters face, and one of you character in an action pose, so tell me how you want your characters 2 poses to be an dthats how they will be in the cards.

Sometime I would like to have freinldies at either your or my place Mthos and Haku, I don't know when, but if te chance comes then yah we should hang out.

OK I should be done editing the videos in about 3 days, and then it will be up to Omega star to put all of them up, Keep in mind he can only do 1 vid every 20 minuts and it might be a while before they are all up, and there is a but load of them.

Oh and you guys did alot more friendlys than I thought, AND NONE OF YOU USED NAME TAGS FOR THEM, I can still tell who is who by the way you fight though lol. But it would help if next time you you would all use them all the time. I won't put up all of the friendlys since they would add like and extra 30 battles worth for omega star, but like 5 or 6 of them.

Haku your little shooting Icon things are awsome, and it makes the post much more funnier lol so yah I don't mind you geting carried away.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Yo guys!

Just dropping in to let everyone know I'm still alive...Heh. My job's been keeping me really busy, plus I've been fighting off a bad cold. (I know, "Excuses, excuses...") Anyway, just wanted to let you all know that we still plan on going to Arizona. We're having a little trouble renting a vehicle right now, but I still got a few strings I can pull, so no worries. Also, we'd probably end up renting a motel room or something if there's no concrete housing for this thing... However, that brings up the unfortunate question of how we'll pay for it... Depending on how many people end up going, two rooms should cover us, I think. If everyone chips in(just a little, I won't ask for your life savings), and brings enough cash to cover their own expenses, (food, drinks, etc.) we'll be cool. I won't ask this of anyone, but if you want to donate more than that, it will be welcome, but hopefully won't be necessary. I belive between Fresh, Vegafuse, and myself the gas and car should be pretty well handled. I think probably about $10 a person would take care of a couple of motel rooms--don't forget the entry fee is also $10 as well.

Sorry for being a wet blanket, but I wanted to make sure everyone understands that we all need to contribute what we can in order for this to work. We really do need to get together and get some playtime in, though. I think we could play at my house, but it tends to get kinda cramped whenever there's more than three or four people at a time. If you don't mind falling over each other, we could probably play some matches next weekend. I just have to see what my work schedule looks like.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
That'd be great Po! I might be able to pitch in but I'll probably have like $5 once this is all over ^^;. Hehe, and Shade sorry about not having any name tags on the friendly fights(I didn't really think about putting in a name at the time). I'll make sure to keep that in mind the next time. Make sure you post alot of videos of me! LOL jk. Also thanks for the compliment on my sig ^^.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
po pimpus said:
Just dropping in to let everyone know I'm still alive...Heh. My job's been keeping me really busy, plus I've been fighting off a bad cold. (I know, "Excuses, excuses...") Anyway, just wanted to let you all know that we still plan on going to Arizona. We're having a little trouble renting a vehicle right now, but I still got a few strings I can pull, so no worries. Also, we'd probably end up renting a motel room or something if there's no concrete housing for this thing... However, that brings up the unfortunate question of how we'll pay for it... Depending on how many people end up going, two rooms should cover us, I think. If everyone chips in(just a little, I won't ask for your life savings), and brings enough cash to cover their own expenses, (food, drinks, etc.) we'll be cool. I won't ask this of anyone, but if you want to donate more than that, it will be welcome, but hopefully won't be necessary. I belive between Fresh, Vegafuse, and myself the gas and car should be pretty well handled. I think probably about $10 a person would take care of a couple of motel rooms--don't forget the entry fee is also $10 as well.
Southpaw and I already discussed the housing situation a couple days ago and he said he'll most likely provide a place for us to stay. If we end up having too much people for him, then his friend's would be able to lend a helping hand. So we won't be needing any extra cash for the motels, but we may still need some gas money......... Sorry, I meant to post that yesterday though =/

Shade, do you think it would help any if your parents get to formally meet the drivers (Po, Fresh, and me)? We can set up a day or we could do this at a get-together. What do you say?

As for those ID's, I have no true main character but I guess I'll go with a green C. Falcon. I would want him doing the knee in the air for his action pose if anything. Also, can you guys add words to the card?

KOS-MOS, my Ganon had roast falcon for lunch, cajun fox for dinner, and a wedding cake with a Peach and Marth figurine on top for desert. He didn't eat the cake, just the figurine....... BTW, we should team up for 2v2's.

RosterImposter

Smash Cadet
Po, where do you live? Id love to come and play smash, my bro is being a ***** and took smash away, so now I'm smashless.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
OU smashers

We have small community of great Melee players at the University of Oklahoma, we used to have these B3 LAN parties a few times a year with smash brothers tournaments. Our yearly anime convention, Ronincon, always holds at keast one smash brothers tournament per year. This year the ronincon turnout was low so the competition was WEAK, so come october maybe some people would like to step it up and add some excitement to the big screen.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Yeah I live in northeast OKC, near the Zoo. I don't know how far that is for you guys, but hopefully we can figure a way to get some matches in.

EDIT: To the guy who posted above me, I know for a fact that most of would definitely go to your tourney. Don't worry about the skill levels either, because I know a couple of guys who are definitely tough customers.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Cool......

Solidusspriggan said:
We have small community of great Melee players at the University of Oklahoma, we used to have these B3 LAN parties a few times a year with smash brothers tournaments. Our yearly anime convention, Ronincon, always holds at keast one smash brothers tournament per year. This year the ronincon turnout was low so the competition was WEAK, so come october maybe some people would like to step it up and add some excitement to the big screen.

We can definitely liven up your smash tournament with the competition you've been waiting for. We've *just* had a tourny of our own in OU grounds a couple weeks ago. If you guys are interested, there's going to be another one at OU for the upcoming OSC this May and another by RosterImposter this spring.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Vegafuse said:
KOS-MOS, my Ganon had roast falcon for lunch, cajun fox for dinner, and a wedding cake with a Peach and Marth figurine on top for desert. He didn't eat the cake, just the figurine....... BTW, we should team up for 2v2's.

LOL we shall see who comes out on top this time :laugh: and for the 2v2's it'd be great to team up. :)

Shade_

Smash Ace
Vegafuse a meet with the drivers would most likely help alot, so we will have to get a meet with you guys and my mom in the next week or 3, but thanks for your support.

yes we can have words on the Id cards, so just tell us what you want and we will have it.

So is the entry for both double and singles 10 dollars for 20 dollars really, just want to get this down. And I how much money would you advise to bring. I just want to be safe thats all.

I think that this will be a great tournament, and fun also. Can't wait till I get there.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
If you enter singles, you will need ten dollars. If you enter doubles, you AND your teammate will need another ten EACH (because two players are playing).

And , aside from gas, which, I don't know about because I don't know what kind of vehicle you guys have, you'll just need to consider for food, possibly a place to stay (im still talking it out with my friends), snacks, because you'll definitely want junk food for the road, and don't forget money for MONEY MATCHES. This is a tournament but chances are at some point or another, somebody is going to be like "hey, you're pretty good, wanna mm?" and after that its up to you. All I know is that I plan on playing every single one of you guys that comes out here, lol, but not necessarily for money.

And ID cards? I don't get it? Can somebody explain what these will be for for you guys?

And I updated the list, remember anybody else thats going, it would be best to post on there saying you will so I'll know to put your name on my yellow list of doom, lol. The more names there, the better.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
<I'M QUOTING A LOT OF PEOPLE OMG!>
Zabuza said:

next time ill be like :uzi: :smash: :rocket: :bigrocket :enforcer: :sniper: and the best of all :smiliegor lol and then u all will be like :scared: lol and ill just be standing there like :bandit: lol ok ok i think thats enough sorry i get in to it sometimes hehe. i love using those smiles... sorry im all talk and all show but just little bit more talk LOL
Goodness, what violent smilies this board has, lol. But wow, once I look at all the smilies it has, I love it. :061: Poliwhirl is so totally my favorite. Speaking of which, I had a dream today during my big bad nap that there was this big bad SSBM tournament, and I used Poliwhirl for my character. Also, Shade made it to the finals to play Ken. It got down to the fifth, deciding game, and Shade was losing (he had like 120% and Ken had like 31%), and he said in a very calm, apathetic voice "I don't think I can win this," but then the Marth he was using was like "Yes you can, now let's do this!" or something like that. And then I went off somewhere for some reason, and when I came back it was like "OMFG SHADE IS THE NEW WORLD CHAMPION!!!" And it was craaaazy! :ness: I love elaborate dreams like that, lol.

Vegafuse said:
Great man, we should be able to give you a lift. From the looks of it, you already play a mean Marth. I only wished that I actually came around to playing Marth dittos with you (aswell as Shade). Maybe it can happen if someone sets up a Smash-out or something..... Heh, and I could only guess that Ganon is one of your new characters

By the way, I would just pay you $5 up front if you make me an ID card
Yeah, I never got to play against you :ohwell: But that will change in good time :grin:

Heh, he could only be [one of my new characters]. ;) :evil: :demon: (Man, these smilies are great :upsidedown: lol)

South_Paw said:
And ID cards? I don't get it? Can somebody explain what these will be for for you guys?
Heh, they don't really have a purpose, but I just like being extravagant and making things :lick: (lol)

Sweet sig, by the way.

</I'M QUOTING A LOT OF PEOPLE OMG!>

Anyway, here's a few of the ID cards I made:
http://www.omegazorgon.com/images/fmidcardznth7.jpg

http://www.omegazorgon.com/images/fmidcarddart3.jpg

Keep in mind, these images are bigger than the actual product, being so because I made them in a higher resolution so I could add more detail and they'd look better when printed in their normal size, which is about as big as a library card. If you look at the picture below, you'll see one of the finished products in my hand, so you can get a better idea of how big they really are:

http://www.omegazorgon.com/smashbros/images/teamchampions1.jpg

Anyway, another question. Should I make improved Fire Minstrels ID cards for everyone, or make a new Oklahoma Crew design for everyone? Either way is fine with me, if we use what we already have (except improved), that's ok, and if we use something new, I'll enjoy making the new design.

Also, it'd probably also help if my parents met the drivers as well. They haven't actually given the ok yet (I've only mentioned it once), but I don't really sense any complications.

Alright, so I think I've said all that I intended to, so in conclusion: I agree with everyone else KOS-MOS, your sigs rock :bigthumbu lol.

Also, I like this smilie: :newbie: lol

RosterImposter

Smash Cadet
po pimpus said:
Yeah I live in northeast OKC, near the Zoo. I don't know how far that is for you guys, but hopefully we can figure a way to get some matches in.
Your ****ting me? My grandma lives a mile away from the zoo and I go there WEEKLY to search for snakes, lizards, turtles, skinks, gecko's, anything basically. We need to chill together sometime during this summer, Ill have my drivers liscense by then.

Anybody goto PCN? Or live in somewhere near there? Maybe we could get together and smash.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Shade_ said:
Vegafuse a meet with the drivers would most likely help alot, so we will have to get a meet with you guys and my mom in the next week or 3, but thanks for your support.

yes we can have words on the Id cards, so just tell us what you want and we will have it.

So is the entry for both double and singles 10 dollars for 20 dollars really, just want to get this down. And I how much money would you advise to bring. I just want to be safe thats all.

I think that this will be a great tournament, and fun also. Can't wait till I get there.
Yeah man, I can't wait till we head out too. It would be funny if we were at it again for finals, with the same character matchups and all. If one of us Oklahomans actually win first then we would finally be taken seriously. So far we got Fresh, Popimpus, Zinth, KOSMOS, You and I (to the best of my knowledge). Then maybe even RosterImposter or Scud (heh, haven't heard from this guy in a while), too bad we couldn't get everyone else. We REALLY can't get peaced out right off the bat, so I'm going to try to eliminate as much Arizonians and Kansas smashers as I can.

We should get as much games in as possible during Spring Break, or anytime before Arizona. It seems that Po is going to have that get-together over his place, so we might be able to sharpen our skills with everyone else there. I'm going to need some MAD practice against the top tier characters though. I play just about everyone in the game decently (even IceClimbers, Zelda, Yoshi, and G&W), so if you or anyone else need some odd character match-ups let me know.

As for how much you should bring, Southpaw pretty much nailed it. Just estimate all the costs of everything your going to pay for to last the whole trip and back. I'm going to take about $200 to mm as much as I can but everyone else should be covered if they bring about $40-$70 each.

Hey Zinth: I should be leaving right now but I'll let you know first thing tomorrow afternoon what I think about those designs. The one I seen you wearing at the tourny was pretty cool so I'll expect no less from these ones :cool:

South_Paw

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, vega and myself were talking about having state crew battles. I like this idea. But I want to say that all of you guys should have some kind of crew anyways, because when I make brackets, if I know who all came together, I can make sure none of you guys play each other first round. Which I'll be doing for everybody, basically.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
yea i am not so sure i am going to be able to make this tourney but hopefully i can. I still need to ask my parents.

RosterImposter

Smash Cadet
I just realized something, I could actually (also help) make some OK cards. Im not trying to take anything away from anybody, I just realized that I could do it.

Ill post again later once I can find photoshop or paintshop pro.

Zabuza

Smash Rookie
Poliwhirl is so totally my favorite. Speaking of which, I had a dream today during my big bad nap that there was this big bad SSBM tournament, and I used Poliwhirl for my character. Also, Shade made it to the finals to play Ken. It got down to the fifth, deciding game, and Shade was losing (he had like 120% and Ken had like 31%), and he said in a very calm, apathetic voice "I don't think I can win this," but then the Marth he was using was like "Yes you can, now let's do this!" or something like that. And then I went off somewhere for some reason, and when I came back it was like "OMFG SHADE IS THE NEW WORLD CHAMPION!!!" And it was craaaazy! I love elaborate dreams like that, lol.

that was a great story

Shade_

Smash Ace
If I faught Ken the way I did at the last tourny I would have lost for sure, but right after that, all I have done is watch videos of Ken fighting, So I won't stop practicing till I just can't play anymore lol. But some parts of the dream you had actually are kinda like what happens, not the competing part but kinda having trust in your character and in your mind you can kinda get a feeling of what they would be telling you if you get what I mean, lol I play this game waaaaay to much. But here is what my marth would have been like if that happend before that match started LOL. "It looks like were the only ones left....aight lets rock..." Ok enought about that.

But iny way, I was thinking Zinth that when our parents go to meet Vega, Po, and Fresh, that our parents could go at the same time, and also youll have to make sure that your parents are at least giving this a chance, cuz my mom is I like I need to know what all of your friends mom and dads are thinking towards this thing.

Alright so its not like 10 to get in then 10 for the singles and then 10 for the doubles, ok cool.
And rooster imposter, if you can help then that is great, just tell us what you can do, to help, and well try to get it together. I don't have enough money for the money matches, so I won't bring any for that, but I will happily accept any challeng weather they have money or not.

If we ended at the end again Vega that would be real funny, but I am not worried about making it to the top, Just play your best and youll get rewarded on how much effort you put into it, Were all gamers, just do what comes naturally, and youll be suprised to what you can accomplish.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
RosterImposter said:
Anybody goto PCN? Or live in somewhere near there? Maybe we could get together and smash.
If you are referring to PC North(the school) then I live like 5 minutes from there lol. If not, then my mistake ^^;.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
lol, I'm down for that! I don't think I'll be able to get around in this weather though >_>;. Also, do you mind if we smash at your house? ^^; (Spacing issues at mine) Just tell me what day works for you and I'll see if I can arrange something ^^.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
Hey guys, could you get me a head count as to who's going for sure? I just wanna put them on the list so we'll know to expect... ive already got vega, shade, and po... i know there are more, i just dont know em so let ma know! thanx

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
South_Paw said:
Hey guys, could you get me a head count as to who's going for sure? I just wanna put them on the list so we'll know to expect... ive already got vega, shade, and po... i know there are more, i just dont know em so let ma know! thanx
I will be there for sure South Paw. I already got the ok from my parents. Plus I'm already on the list :p.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I was just checking to see how long the drive will be, and its a 17 hour drive! I'm not saying we're not going, but that's an incredibly long time to be on the road. We can drive in shifts, I guess... Fresh and I have probably put in more road time than anyone, so trust me when I say not to take that kind of drive lightly.

Also, due to the length of road time, we'd probably have to leave Thursday afternoon or something if at all possible. I'll say this: What's everyone's opinion on this? I think there are several tournaments that may be closer than Phoenix-- There's that Colorado one in April, another in Austin the first weekend of Spring Break, and maybe some others. We could also just hold another Oklahoma tournament if we can't go to any out-of-state tourneys. Just give me your thoughts, and we'll see.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Well this one is supposed to be alot bigger than ussual right

If you really don't want to go that far, then I won't be upset with you, but I would like it if we did.
Just do what eve you think works best for you, and the rest of us.

P

pmpn

Tulsa needs to have a tournament. I know of a good player in Tulsa who has gone to out of state tourneys and won and when I fight against him we are pretty much even. We are also undefeated as a team and we have about three other friends that play with us that aren't that bad.

Mithos

Smash Rookie
I hope we can have another Tournament here in Oklahoma soon, I want to play you guys Haku and I have gotten a lot better.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Well, I think we all need to decide where we're going for sure pretty soon. We should try to have a plan in place by Friday. I vote we go to Austin for the simple fact that it will be a lot easier on the drivers. I'm sorry for everyone who had their heart set on Arizona, but I want to make sure we can come through on our promises...

Besides, Fresh and I know that route better, and I think this tourney may be bigger than the other one anyway. So I just need to know whos in and whos out for this so we can plan this mother.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Po whatever you decide I'm down with it, although I would like to go to Arizona I understand that it is a very long drive and may cause some complications.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
It definitely is a long drive, I would know, I do it myself twice a year, lol.

If you guys don't come, same as with coming, let me know so i can take your name off the list...though this is definitely unexpected and not a good thing for me.

And just so you know... getting to Arizona requires almost no complications... you stay on one road until you get to flagstaff...take a left and then stay on that road until you get to phoenix... and when you do get there, its the easiest city in the country to navigate through, i kid you not.

Well, anyways, let me know what you guys are doing.

Top Bottom