• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official item discussion

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
exactly, so the average ones will come out more often, and the super ones will be probably more like 1/200-300
Then I guess that's fair :p
But if Groudon came out often, that'd be very unfair ;)

While we're still on Poke'balls, I have an idea.
Get M2 out as a playable character, and put him in the Pokeball.
When he comes out, he'll be just like he was in Melee, and he'll help you out.
He only has one life, so when he dies that's it.
And he only comes out once per game o.o

Thoughts? Flames? Comments?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Unless Mewtwo's out in order to make place for Gardevoir, I'm against that. If they made the guy just like in Melee, but far more powerful, THAT would be awesome.
"I am completely obliterating you and don't even bother to move my muscles for it. Any questions, kid?"

jb254

Smash Apprentice
keep mewtwo, but make him powerful and heavier. he had good stuff going for him, like his throws, but tweak him a little and he would be perfect for brawl
Agreed. MewTwo has some of the most unique and original moves in Melee. It'd be a shame to see him go.

KidSmash

Smash Journeyman
Hmmmmm...Image changing crates and barrels depending on the stage they appear...
BRILLIANT!!!!!

btw:

IS PIKACHU ACTUALLY STANDING ON TOP OF THE CRATE?!?!?!

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Yup. It looks like we'll see more realistic character interaction with the crates and barrels. Maybe now, you'll be able to actually run into them as if they are a wall. Maybe you could grab on the edge of one. But yeah, Pikachu is clearly standing on that crate. I hope this means you will be able to stack barrels and crates. You could make walls around yourself!

Fawriel

Smash Master
Zamus attacks the crate to make it start rolling.

Does that hint at... a random explosions switch? It wouldn't exactly be advisable to attack something that could explode in your face any moment! So maybe...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@fawriel
no, pikachu jumps on the crate and makes it start rolling. it said on the site that zzs tried to hit it but missed because it was moved away. also, first pic of zzs in gameplay, and first pic of this castle.

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
Now, waiting for that one Starfox character to make an appearance and say the famous line whenever a barrel rolls...

Are there wheels underneath that create???

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Zamus attacks the crate to make it start rolling.

Does that hint at... a random explosions switch? It wouldn't exactly be advisable to attack something that could explode in your face any moment! So maybe...
No... you can attack crates in melee and they can explode. It's not advisable, but people still do it. Same with brawl. Tossing a crate isn't the only way to break it. I think you're jumping to conclusions.

And yes, those are wheels. They're pretty obvious...

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i just saw something that is puzzling me, and i need an answer. this may cause a heated discussion unless someone with a sharp eye can answer.

on smashbros., if you click on the items thread, you have your list of items, right? well i can tell that the cracker launcher and gooey bomb are on the battlefield stage. but i can't tell what stage the barrel and crate are on. i've never seen that pattern on any stage before. any ideas?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
i just saw something that is puzzling me, and i need an answer. this may cause a heated discussion unless someone with a sharp eye can answer.

on smashbros., if you click on the items thread, you have your list of items, right? well i can tell that the cracker launcher and gooey bomb are on the battlefield stage. but i can't tell what stage the barrel and crate are on. i've never seen that pattern on any stage before. any ideas?
Yeah, it showed up in the most recent trailer. It's on the official stage discussion thread, but...I don't remember what it's supposed to be. (I think part of the FE stage, maybe?)

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Wailord will replace Snorlax as the Pokemon that bounces up and falls. Only, no matter what, Wailord will hit every other Brawler. Because it's a friggin' blue whale. It shall cover the screen.
Corphish appears and uses Crabhammer on whatever is nearby.
Sceptile charges up its LAZER and SHOOP-DA .... I mean, Solarbeam.
Kyogre will obviously freeze to the touch.
Rayquaza whips up a Twister.
Torterra uses Wood Hammer. And smashes down a hammer of wood on the arena.
Hippowdon slams into the ground for a m455ive Earthquake.
Kricketune sings, and confuses any Brawler in the area, causing them to stumble about in a stupor.
Just some ideas for Poke Ball Pokemon.
Comments?

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman

That pattern is found at the Mario stage Delfino Plaza. You can see it if you look closely at the pictures shown on Delfino PLaza's page on the website. They are most likely in that stage I would imagine.

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
Here are some item ideas.

- Bowser Bomb (Mario Party) : A green grenade with Bowser´s face imprinted on it in red. If it hits a character when thrown, the character will turn into Bowser, with his stats, attacks, techniques and all else. This lasts for thirty seconds. Obviously, it has no effect on Bowser.

- Wii Remote (Nintendo Wii) : The Wii Remote itself. As soon as a character picks it up, he/she disappears and the Wii Remote appears facing the stage as if the player was holding it. You can now tilt the controller left or right to make the entire stage tilt in that direction (to a certain degree), causing much mayhem. Effects last for about ten seconds.

- Form Baton (WarioWare: Smooth Moves) : A grey baton with a red ball at the tip. When used to hit with A, the Baton is at normal length. When Smash-A used, it will extend a fairly far distance in the direction of the Smash to hit characters. For Grabs, the baton extends and curves around the character, functioning as a longer-range grab.

- Game Boy Horror (Luigi´s Mansion) : The item itself is useless and can only be thrown for minor damage, but as long as it is held a Boo will chase the character, attacking other nearby brawlers. The Boo cannot be harmed, but the holder is also damaged over time.

- Ultra Ball (Pokémon) : Considerably rarer than the Poké Ball, this item functions exactly like it, but will always release a fully evolved Pokémon.

- Master Ball (Pokémon) : Much rarer than the Poké Ball, this item functions exactly like it, but will always release a Legendary Pokémon.

- Net Ball (Pokémon) : Considerably rarer than the Poké Ball, this item functions exactly like it, but will always release a Water or Bug-Type Pokémon.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
Here are some item ideas.

- Bowser Bomb (Mario Party) : A green grenade with Bowser´s face imprinted on it in red. If it hits a character when thrown, the character will turn into Bowser, with his stats, attacks, techniques and all else. This lasts for thirty seconds. Obviously, it has no effect on Bowser.

An item that doesn't work on a certain character? Not a good idea.

- Wii Remote (Nintendo Wii) : The Wii Remote itself. As soon as a character picks it up, he/she disappears and the Wii Remote appears facing the stage as if the player was holding it. You can now tilt the controller left or right to make the entire stage tilt in that direction (to a certain degree), causing much mayhem. Effects last for about ten seconds.

You can't get hit at this time? Maybe it would be better if the stage just tilts randomly

- Form Baton (WarioWare: Smooth Moves) : A grey baton with a red ball at the tip. When used to hit with A, the Baton is at normal length. When Smash-A used, it will extend a fairly far distance in the direction of the Smash to hit characters. For Grabs, the baton extends and curves around the character, functioning as a longer-range grab.

Interesting, except how do you get rid of it?

- Game Boy Horror (Luigi´s Mansion) : The item itself is useless and can only be thrown for minor damage, but as long as it is held a Boo will chase the character, attacking other nearby brawlers. The Boo cannot be harmed, but the holder is also damaged over time.

COOL!!!!!

- Ultra Ball (Pokémon) : Considerably rarer than the Poké Ball, this item functions exactly like it, but will always release a fully evolved Pokémon.

- Master Ball (Pokémon) : Much rarer than the Poké Ball, this item functions exactly like it, but will always release a Legendary Pokémon.

- Net Ball (Pokémon) : Considerably rarer than the Poké Ball, this item functions exactly like it, but will always release a Water or Bug-Type Pokémon.

Interesting, I always thought they should do domething like this.
My responses in red.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
DO A BARREL ROLL! lolz, that one made me chuckle. yeah, took me awhile, but I saw those wheels, and I think that the crate comes like that with wheels, but just occasionally, most of the time its the normal crate.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'm liking the idea of a different kind of pokeball with every type of pokemon which i would turn all the others off except for the legedaries

Shade 64-luigi-

Smash Apprentice
a cool item could be a normal game boy or DS that when thrown, ( you would have to hit your enemy) you can control who ever you hit, and yourself at the same time, of course doing a suiside with the charater you are contoling, or the character who threw it would result in both of them dieing. another idem that i would like to see whould be, (like the bowser bomb,) a small idem that you could pick up to turn yourself into giga bowser for about 5-10 seconds

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Just a comment, I haven't read the whole thing, but I will be here commenting on items for a while :) But people that are suggesting tilting the wiimote to activate it, well, they have said that the gamecube controller will be a way to play, what about those poor guys!

Also, I wonder if the banna peel knocks you over, stuns you, or just hurts you... Food for thought on what "tripping" actually will be in brawl, I mean, being on the ground gives you acess to some good moves, so it needs to be more than that!

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Hmmmmm...Image changing crates and barrels depending on the stage they appear...
BRILLIANT!!!!!

btw:

IS PIKACHU ACTUALLY STANDING ON TOP OF THE CRATE?!?!?!
I noticed this, and although most of my friends have said "so" I think that if he is and it is not just a lucky screenshot, it could add a lot of depth. Just think of the tactics it could offer!

IF YOU CAN STAND ON IT YOU CANNOT WALK THROUGH IT
This makes it a camping area, which you would actually have to defend from damage, like a symboitic camping relationship :laugh: And If it rolls you can charge in with relative shelter, pull out and attack, run into it, roll away, and taunt while moving. Major style points, and great for laughs. I just hope that they make it so that you can leave boxes on, but turn off the fact that they sometimes just explode, That has ruined many a Mr. Saturn battle for me XD

Sorry if this comes out as a double post, It took a while to make and I think that there will be a few posts in be tween, I hope so ._.

Twintail

Smash Cadet
I'd like the idea of being able to ride on sliding boxes and such, or possibly jump on rolling barrels, and you'd only get hit by them if you were in front. The banana could be a great item especially since like in mario kart, it'd probably be common. And if you could throw it past someone running you could get some major hits after they had been stunned

Maybe there are more types of crates, some with wheels and some without?

Star105

Smash Journeyman
i hope that they have a item that allows you to fly for a short period of time

nice items though the Assist Trophies look great and will be fun to use.............:):)

blue shells would be nice though:chuckle:

Top Bottom