• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official item discussion

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I agree GREEN Shells are the best item most likely they will not be excluded!!
What if Pokmin were an item???

Notice legolastom im following you from each thread
Iv only seen you once or twice ("Hello police someone is stalking me... what its your break call back in an hour?... screw you then!") *ahem* anyways if they made the snake box look like a normal crate then people wouldn't notice you and you could go up to them and killing them without making snakes move into and incredibly broken item.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Lol yhea thats a good way to confuse people (Pikmon or pokmin)

Anyways i think he means Pikmin seeing as we already have PKmn

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea... wow i could imagine olimars final smash... millions of pikmin come running onto the stage and pick up all the other fighters and jump off the edge with them lol.

*aside*I feel like playing pikmin now... might play it tomorrow

Evolver

Smash Cadet
New item is confirmed: The Cracker Launcher

This is a shooting item. Basically, you hold it in your arms.

After you grab this item, it'll rapidly release blast after blast of firecrackers that explode gaudily.

You can walk around and jump while holding the launcher.

You can also aim the launcher at different angles by tilting the Control Stick up or down.

Be safe and sensible when playing with fireworks.

------------------------

I think it sounds that this item will be like a ranged hammer because of 2 statements:

"After you grab this item, it'll rapidly release blast after blast. "(sounds like it after youll grap it it shoots nonstop) "and Basically, you hold it in your arms." (sounds like you can't attack normally then because of the lack of free hands)

Fawriel

Smash Master
Yup. It seems quite heavy, like a barrel or so. Strange, though, that Fox's launcher seems to be inactive. Maybe you have to press A once after grabbing one to activate it.

...also, how on earth will Pikachu use this thing?

experiment111

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone noticed that u can jump while holding it yet u have to move the control stick up to aim it. Does this mean that up on tthe control stick is no longer jump? hmm.....

Evolver

Smash Cadet
i am more intressted if we can hurt ourselfs with this item (aiming down when we are on the ground) , it would be fun if we can launch ourselfs to midair/air (with dmg of course) if we aim it that way...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Hmm... interesting and what about projectile hammers (like the hammer bros hammers).

Gerakobittsu

Smash Cadet
I can imagine item FFAs with my friends in Brawl now...*enter daydream mode*

"FAAAALCON---*firecracker'd* *dies off the side of the stage*"

*Kirby's Cracker Gun rounds finish* "Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!"

*exit dream mode*...Seems hilarious, ridiculous, and extremely kick-arse to me already.

mathos

Smash Champion
It probably acts like the warp star in a way that it won't hurt you as its your item and once you pick it up it immediately starts its ability, so you can't really move with it.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Alright, I'm just going to go ahead and admit it.

When the title "Cracker Gun" showed up in my RSS feed, I laughed.

Toasty!

Smash Journeyman
I noticed something. Look at what it says.

It probably acts like the warp star in a way that it won't hurt you as its your item and once you pick it up it immediately starts its ability, so you can't really move with it.
Nope, you can move with it.

Sakurai said:
You can walk around and jump while holding the launcher.
Two sticks? Sounds like GC or CC.

Arc2012

Smash Cadet
The Nunchuck is a control stick, isn't it? Also, This thing reminds me of a Roman Candle. I wonder if you could walk around with it before you fire it by pressing the attack button, but once you start it won't stop firing until it runs out.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
why do people think that 'control stick' means 'c-stick'?? the control stick is what you use to CONTROL YOUR CHARACTER. its been called the control stick since the n64 days, where there was NO c-stick. so it does not mean they are reffering to the GC controller specifically. they cover all 3 controllers.

jb254

Smash Apprentice
I love this Firecracker Launcher. Seeing fireworks explode all over the screen will be awesome! I hope they explode in different shapes representing different games, like a Mushroom or a heart.

I also hope it's not one of those instant KO type items. Maybe after doing a bit of damage the person will be on fire like when someone is hit by Ness's PK Fire.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this already, but I think the Firecracker Launcher comes from a Kirby game. Here's hoping for more of these unique items from past games!!

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
that (fire)cracker launcher looks totally fun! I can't wait to see how "gaudy" it looks.

Here's a thought, though- the site says "After you grab this item, it’ll rapidly release blast after blast of firecrackers that explode gaudily." Does anyone else understand that sentence to imply that the launcher continually and automatically shoots the firecrackers, rather than the player initiating each shot? This could be a good and bad thing if this is the case....

Also, It's hard to imagine that we are also able to walk and shoot as well as aim up and down with it. I reallly hope they aren't getting so fancy with the controls that they start getting jumbled up and mishmoshed when trying to play. No one I've encountered (including me) wants this game to use Wii motion sensing for controls, but it is difficult for me to imagine a smooth way to implement these controls on a gamecube or classic controller also. I trust Nintendo, but i'm getting a little nervous.... :/

Fastinyoh

Smash Apprentice
Control Stick? The Wiimote and Nunchuck don't have a control stick. That proves that it uses a Gamecube Controller or a Classic Controller..
Nunchuk is a control stick and not much else. I don't see how you all can be so confused over this simple concept. Left and right is move, up and down is aim.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
As to the controls, you can probably walk with left and right on the control stick, and angle the gun (or whatever) with up and down on the control stick. Not so very complicated (sounds like it would be until you remember Smash is basically 2D).

Also, I think you're right that it fires automatically. Maybe you initiate the first blast, but after that, can you really control when your average "Roman candle" spews it's fiery payload?

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
good point about the Roman candle. This makes me think it will be automatic even more. I hope it turns out the way you predict, Paranoid, where you initiate the first shot and THEN it automatically shoots again and again, as opposed to just picking it up and it starts going crazy all up ons

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
"I think the Firecracker Launcher comes from a Kirby game."--
jb254

Do you know which Kirby game is it from? I only ask because I want to look it up. I like to "research" the games that Smash Bros deals with so I can appreciate all those small things that hint at the games the characters/ items/ stages are from.

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
I think this proves yet another thing about the game mechanics: the control stick will no longer be used for jumping. Proof: you are able to jump while holding this item, but you can tilt the control stick up to aim it, without nessecarily jumping.

Although it is possible for the people making the game to still incorperate jumping with the control stick and for aiming the item nonetheless, I personally think it will be the most annoying path, both for developing and for playing. If my hypothesis about the jumping mechanic of the game is correct, I'm pretty sure that the entire Smash community, both casual and professional, can heave a sigh of relief at this adjustment.

Give me a couple good reasons why I'm wrong about the convenience of disabling the control stick as a jumping function and I'll retract this post immediately.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
You could most likely tilt the stick to aim, but smash it to jump. Kinda like how u-tilts work. I hope you can disable the up jump thing though

Edit: oops, reread your post, and I see you realize that as a possibility, but I don't think it would be a hassle for developers but then again I'm not a programmer. Yeah, everyone hates the up jump

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Does this mean that Fox can now move while shooting his gun?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Doubt it moon monkey, so far theyve only said that u can run/jump with items, but I doubt special moves are the same, Samus will become invincible if u can fire super missiles and run/jump while doint it...

Top Bottom