• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official item discussion

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
First moving and jumping while shooting, now aiming your shots. I wonder if this means that certain characters will be able to do this with their special attacks. Maybe Link will be able to walk around as he draws his bow back, and aim before releasing. That would have thousands of possibilities- it would be a dream come true. Or Bowser, he could aim his fire, and move and jump and all while blowing. It would allow him a more aggressive approach. Or like above ^^ Fox and Falco could do the same with their guns.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
yes, i agree that if they got rid of the up jump with the control stick it would be generally beneficial. most people i know use buttons to jump, not the control stick. however, if the control stick is still used to jump it seems liek it would be such a pain in the a*s

jb254

Smash Apprentice
"I think the Firecracker Launcher comes from a Kirby game."--
jb254

Do you know which Kirby game is it from? I only ask because I want to look it up. I like to "research" the games that Smash Bros deals with so I can appreciate all those small things that hint at the games the characters/ items/ stages are from.
I think Kirby Air Ride, but darn it, I can't find any pictures of it on Google.

Update:

OK, what I found in an IGN guide for Kirby Air Ride is this description;

"Fireworks - Shoots fireworks automatically out of a cannon."

So it looks like everyone who has been saying that the Launcher could work automatically may be correct.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I don't think it would be overkill at all. Fox's gun is relatively weak in power (or at least it was in Melee), and having the ability to run while shooting gives him more freedom.

And the control stick is used to aim the launcher before you fire. You can't move while aiming.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
yea,i have air ride and i was just playing it and i got the item and realized what it was. and it is implied on the official website that it fires automatically, like air ride.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
The serch is on someone find a missing screenshot of Kirby using that launcher on Kirby's air ride.

(Sakurai is the maker of Kirby as well and Kirby is the only one actually shooting the launcher in the screen shots).

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
jeez, i can't find a pic anywhere, i guess it wasn't a major item, but i am glad for anythung added to brawl (except wiimote as controller)
and this item looks really fun.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Let me just throw this in:

If tommorows update is an item, then f**k this game.
Hey, Nintendo thinks people suck all this up. Oooooooo! Look! A new item! They probably couldn't care less for the MLG desires. I mean, look at how they disregarded MLG requirements for a neutral stage. They pretty much said that BF will be the only "boring" stage for hardcore play. Sakurai says, "You'll play this level many times, so it's nice to see it change a little." That's addressed to us, the smash community, probably. With the item updates, Sakurai is just tossing stuff out there to keep the casual players excited. I know a guy who insists on playing with certain items he dubs "fair" items. These include all but Hearts, Maxim Tomatoes, Starmans, and little else. Guy uses them as a crutch, cuz he doesn't know his character very well. I'm sure he and all like him are loving these "rich new item updates." :psycho:

Legolastom

Smash Hero
(This is only the second item update)
(This is the second stage update)
(There have been 2 character updates)
(There have been 2 character moves updates)(Mario's final smash)(Pits b button moves)
(There has been 3 "how to play" updates)
(There has been one music update)

What are you talking about there have only been two item updates jeez this info is mostly just stalling us till E3.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Completely random, and it has probably been discussed earlier (and its completely pointless), but I hope the Starman has a better melody this time around! Who else agrees that the Starman theme was weak in the first two smashes? We need a techo/dance beat for the Brawl Starman. (Sorry, I just had to share that thought.)

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
And the original Nintendo Starman has two purposes, invincibility, and the ability to damage enemies, why can't it do that in Brawl? Maybe not necessarily damage them harsly, but make them stagger backwards?

And no sparkles! The Starman is supposed to cause the character to flash rainbow colors. That's the classic way to be!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
And the original Nintendo Starman has two purposes, invincibility, and the ability to damage enemies, why can't it do that in Brawl? Maybe not necessarily damage them harsly, but make them stagger backwards?

And no sparkles! The Starman is supposed to cause the character to flash rainbow colors. That's the classic way to be!
i always wanted this to happen to the starman

Toasty!

Smash Journeyman
Wait, I think I got something. Look at what the Cracker Launcher says.

After you grab this item, it’ll rapidly release blast after blast of firecrackers that explode gaudily.
You don't shoot it, it shoots itself. So you aim and walk, but you don't shoot with this item.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Starman's original rainbow classy image would be a nice change for the game.
It really is going to be awesome to see the Menu of the game for the first time ;)

I was browsing through this board, no discussion of the Pokeballs yet?
Such as, new Poke'mon to appear, and to destroy and obliterate your opponent?

Sariku

Smash Master
Theres been one, but I don't remember where it was... it could of been a post in this thread... WAIT! There is the Arceous Thread, for pokeball, found somewhere in here. You should search it, theres a bunch of sugestions there, I even made a few.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Theres been one, but I don't remember where it was... it could of been a post in this thread... WAIT! There is the Arceous Thread, for pokeball, found somewhere in here. You should search it, theres a bunch of sugestions there, I even made a few.
Cool, I'll be looking for it. :p
(Lucario would make a better Poke'mon item than a fighter, in my opinion)
-hides from haters-

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
I would like to see Blaziken as a fighter instead. I lubbz him.
I'm not all too familiar with the Hohen region of Poke'mon (or w/e that season was named)
Thus, I have no clue who Blaziken is xD
I sort of think the actually fighting Poke'mon should be Pikachu and Jigglypuff.
All others - to the Poke'balls!

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
1.pikachu
2.jigglypuff
3.lucario
4.deoxys as fighters

it would be cool if mewtwo returned in pokeball form

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman

Thats Blaziken. Hes cool, but I see him more as the new Scizzor more than anything.
That's actually, exactly what I thought when I saw him.
Looks like a fighting type xD

1.pikachu
2.jigglypuff
3.lucario
4.deoxys as fighters

it would be cool if mewtwo returned in pokeball form
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No
4. No

5. Yes, only actually make him useful? I actually see him making the screen pitch black, such as what Togipi (sp?) does in Melee.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Aiming up and down with guns +jumping is probably the best thing to hapen to the super scope since the infinate glitch. Suddenly alot more people are gonna want to use it.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Aiming up and down with guns +jumping is probably the best thing to hapen to the super scope since the infinate glitch. Suddenly alot more people are gonna want to use it.
I think you can only aim up and down with the Cracker Launcher?
Super Scope shows now aiming involved with the screen shots, just moving around and jumping. But still, awesome improvement. Hopefully they fix all item glitches, I like to play games the way they're meant to be xD

Groudon - HUGE.
Imagine casting him out on a stage such as Dream of Fountains (melee) or Dream Land... ouch, no escaping that! :p

I wonder how long he'll last, looks like he doesn't do anything besides stand there and wait for you to touch his blazing hot body. It'd be unfair to keep him there for long, unless the probability of getting him from a Poke'ball is like 5/100.

Top Bottom