• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official item discussion

Nodonn

Smash Cadet
meh, soccer is the name the Americans use because they wanted their game to be called football (<my twisted view on reality). And their football is mostly played with hands!

Not A Naruto Wannabe

Smash Apprentice
Maybe Americans made football(American) before soccer was introduced... anyway how did this get to soccer? a soccer ball would make a sweet item. especially on a mostly enclosed stage... :chuckle:

ChaosStar

Smash Cadet
My ideas

Here are some of MY ideas:

Chaos Emerald (sonic)
When you use your up smash, you can teleport using "Chaos Control", functions much like mewtwo's teleport or meta knights dimensional cape.

Bullet Bill Blaster (mario)
Fires bullet bills that home in on the nearest opponent, but explode after 10 seconds of hitting nothing. has 3 shots.

Golden Gauntlet (original)
Doubles the power of smash attacks

Shuriken (multiple rpgs)
Thrown at foes and does not stop at impact, may hit other foes until it either hits a wall or goes offstage.

Yoshi eggs (Mario)
6 yoshi eggs that follow the user until they are thrown or destroyed. Thrown with A.

Coconut Gun (DK)
Fires 10 coconuts. If lightweight characters pick it up, they cannot move, only aim & fire

Those are MY ideas, please tell me what you think!

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Tourney Item Rules Recommendation

I have a solution to this problem.
For singles: Smash Ball- Very low
At the star of the match, both players must agree to have the Smash Ball on or not. If 1 player disagrees, the item is turned off. If the player who wants the item loses, he can turn it on in addition to counterpicking a character or stage for that brawl only. If said player wins, the Smash Ball is turned off for the last match.
For Doubles: Smash Ball, Team Healer- Very low
At the star of the match, all players must agree to have the Smash Ball and Team Healer on or not. If 1 team disagrees, the items are turned off. If the team who wants the items lose, they can turn them on in addition to counterpicking a character or stage for that brawl only. If said team wins, the items are turned off for the last match.
BTW, if explosive carrier items cannot be toggled on or off in the final version of Brawl, ignore this please.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
the 8 bit item is my most wanted item.

turns your character into 8 bit form (or 16) with only one attack.

dont ask about captain falcon.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
killbeast301 should really clear up the original post - this IS the Official Item Discussion.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26644.html
Watch 1:33-1:37, Donkey Kong gets a Smash Token and turns Koopa into a Trophy.
I'd like to coin the name "Trophy Token" - can anyone speculate whether it'd be in Multiplayer matches, and act similar to a "Freezie"? They suffer huge knockback whenever they're in Trophy form - but you can shake yourself out of it?
Yeah, this thread became rather unpopular, and I stopped making updates. I'll make a major overhaul on the first post eventually :lick:

Here are some of MY ideas:

Chaos Emerald (sonic)
When you use your up smash, you can teleport using "Chaos Control", functions much like mewtwo's teleport or meta knights dimensional cape.

interesting, but not so sure it will really work since it will take away some decent moves for some characters
Bullet Bill Blaster (mario)
Fires bullet bills that home in on the nearest opponent, but explode after 10 seconds of hitting nothing. has 3 shots.

Nice, but I think just a bullet bill will work better. It appears with the front end facing up, you pick it up, then throw it and it starts flying.
Golden Gauntlet (original)
Doubles the power of smash attacks

or maybe it could just double the power of all attacks;) *imagines golden gauntlet bowser f-smash*
Shuriken (multiple rpgs)
Thrown at foes and does not stop at impact, may hit other foes until it either hits a wall or goes offstage.

umm, what does "multiple rpgs" mean? and I don't think they're really related to video games. I think they're real.
Yoshi eggs (Mario)
6 yoshi eggs that follow the user until they are thrown or destroyed. Thrown with A.

nice *smiley face*
Coconut Gun (DK)
Fires 10 coconuts. If lightweight characters pick it up, they cannot move, only aim & fire

Not familiar with the DK series. someone else comment
Those are MY ideas, please tell me what you think!
meh, soccer is the name the Americans use because they wanted their game to be called football (<my twisted view on reality). And their football is mostly played with hands!
Noone really knows why american football is played with the hands:conused:

X-DS

Smash Cadet
In this week's Famitsu's "Sumaburaken!!" section (where they usually go over the last week's updates), there's some information about the clock and soccer ball items previously seen in screenshots. The clock is called "Timer" and slows down time for the opponents, and is a frightening item according to Sakurai. (Or would that be "F-f-frightening!"?) There's also a fake Timer item which only slows down time for the person who tries to use it. The soccer ball, meanwhile, can't be picked up but is instead intended to be hit into your opponents. Sakurai states that it's O.K. to hit the soccer ball with your hands.

Here is an image of the information in the article, just so no one thinks I'm just pulling this out of nowhere.

courte

Smash Lord
item concept... Retro Sticker. You place it just like the motion sensor bomb, and when someone walks over it they get turned into a sticker. Unable to move or be attacked, simply imobile until time wears off. What would appear as... more often than not, for the original 12, they would appear in their SSB promo art, but it could be a variety of things, perhaps 8-bit art??... this item occurs rarely.

courte

Smash Lord
i know i'm like the 100th person to say this but
1-Up shroom ftw and in time mode... it a wild card i guess... or just doesn't appear

Top Bottom