• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official item discussion

Akiak

Smash Ace
Sorry guys but hasn't anyone searched on internet a bit? Wariowaft is a smash move (can't remember which). And nintendog is an AT.
Anyway like Legolastom said, I woudn't put in the motion sensor bomb since the goeey bomb is in.
And i think the slapping item (i think it was called fan or sumthin') should return. Although it is pretty silly.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
Sorry guys but hasn't anyone searched on internet a bit? Wariowaft is a smash move (can't remember which). And nintendog is an AT.
Are you talking about the first page of the thread? That was all posted on, like, the day of the first item update. The motion sensor bomb should return it was awesome. The gooey bomb explodes after a certain time, different from if someone steps there. And yes the fan was awesome.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
It ought to be overpowered. That's the golden hammer from Wrecking Crew if I'm not mistaken... one of the most asskicking games for the NES.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
If I did every item that was just in some pic, I'd have very little to say for some items.

PS. lips stick, bunny hood, metal box, cloaking device, Super & Tiny mushrooms are also confirmed, but there's nothing to say about them

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
ohh, i thought you put the lip stick on. though if i were you, i'd add em. you put the smash ball and super scope, when technically we don't know if the smash ball is an item, and we havn't gotten the official superscope update yet either.

and i used your sig, that would probably make the other 10% die laughing. good bye human race.... lol

killbeast301

Smash Lord
The smash ball update says it's an "item" even if it's not an item in the conventional sense. And if there's an item update about the smash ball in the future, I don't want to have to re-add all that info later. Enough info was implied about the super scope in the update it appears in that I decided it was worth it to add it. The other items don't have enough info.

and i used your sig, that would probably make the other 10% die laughing. good bye human race.... lol
3 cheers for 90% of the future 20-30 yearolds not existing!

vesperview

Smash Hero
Here are some of my ideas (I have more but I am limited with only 21 images)-

• Thunderbolt

Everyone except the user is shrunken down in size.
  • Fake Item Box

Once tossed out.. it floats mid air for a long period of time until touched.
  • Cape Feather

User grows a raccoon tail. It allows them to float back on to the stage like Peach.
  • Blue Shell

The shell seeks out the winning the player. If blocked, the shell bounces off and goes to the 2nd winning character.. and so on. Every block the shell goes faster and faster and will deal more and more damage.
  • Crystal Ball

Pointless throwable item.
  • Magic Potion
  • POW Block

Players on the ground are damaged when this item touches the ground or wall.
  • Bull Pot

Players wear a viking helmet which deals damage if touched.
  • Dragon Pot

Players wear a dragon hat which spits small stream of fire.
  • Carrot

Players grow bunny ears which allow them to float back on to the stage.
  • Hammer Suit

Players wear a black helmet and can throw hammers just like the hammer bros.
  • Goomba's Shoe

Players wear a giant shoe which covers 70-80% of their body. The shoe works just like the hammer.. but it only deals damage if a player can stomp on a enemy.
  • Music Box

Puts enemies to sleep for a brief period of time.
  • P-Wing

Allows players to float back to stage.
  • Stop Watch

Slows down time or stops time for a brief period.
  • Chuckola Cola

Refills 15% of health
  • FLUDD

Players strap the FLUDD and can shoot water in 180 degrees.
  • Yoshi's Cookies

Heals 25% of health.
Go back to play Mario Kart

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
PT final smash. Bump

Edit: somebody post so next item isn't a quadruple post
Well, I'd like to, but I have no idea what to write...

Oops! I already wrote something? Oh... okay!

Well, regarding items, what's there to say?

How about the Ice Rod from Zelda?

Or a Space Jump item from Metroid? It allows you to continuously jump in the air, until you lose it.

Or a weapon from Fire Emblem, such as a lance or a throwing axe.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
I'd like the ice rod, but we do have mr freezy, and I think he's gonna come back. The space jump thing seems INSANLEY overpowered. Infinate recovery? Not a good idea. The lance seems like a good idea, a large swinging weapon kinda like the beam sword. The axe is another throwing projectile. we have lots of things that do that. If you can come up with a nice effect it could be a good idea

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
I'd like the ice rod, but we do have mr freezy, and I think he's gonna come back. The space jump thing seems INSANLEY overpowered. Infinate recovery? Not a good idea. The lance seems like a good idea, a large swinging weapon kinda like the beam sword. The axe is another throwing projectile. we have lots of things that do that. If you can come up with a nice effect it could be a good idea
Only that the Freezie is a throwing item, and not a shooting item. Also, you could change the Ice Rod so that it fires similarly to the Fire Flower, in a continuous stream.

You might be right about the Space Jump, it was just an idea.

Maybe the axe can be thrown in a bigger curve than most other throwing items? Or it can be used as a slow, powerful close-range weapon, but can also turn into a deadly projectile when thrown.

Florida

イーグランツ
The items in this game are looking superb! I'll definitely be having items on in my fights, mmhmm!

Oh, and:

It's gonna happen.

Kaento

Smash Apprentice
1-up mushroom would be great. Plus 1 stock in stock matches, and plus 1 point in score matches.
1-up mushroom FTW! it probably wouldn't appear very much just because it would add 1 stock/1 point. but who knows.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I would love stock replenishing items...not going to happen though...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Perhaps this has been mentioned before, but I have an item idea: The Cape Feather from Super Mario World!

When used, the holder would get a yellow cape that would allow them to Glide. Although, it may get a little complex come to think of it. Some characters already have capes, (Marth and Ganondorf) and some characters can already glide. (Pit, Meta Knight, Charizard, *coughandRidleycough*)

I don't know, just throwing that out there. :p

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
obviously joking

Items from Earthbound that HAVE to appear in Brawl:

- Pencil Eraser: Holding onto this will erase every pencil-shaped object in the field. Yay!

- Insignificant Item: by using it, you get a filling and meaningful experience that cannot be understood by anyone who hasn't used something insignificant.

- Protractor: When you pick this up, you can measure things better.

- Bottle Rocket: You can fire a powerful chargeable Bottle Rocket in any direction. Sometimes a DX version will appear, which is explosive and way more powerful.

- Trout-Flavored Yoghurt: Looks like normal food, but damages you by 10% when eaten.

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wacky Zelda Items:

Spinner: You can surf quickly along the ground in the spinner! Its blades damage opponents. While in the spinner you can Change direction, Jump and Crouch. Although you're extremely hard to hit and have a high priority, a good hit or bouncing against a wall will make you go in the opposite direction fast.

Fire Rod: if you press attack, it works like a Fire Flower. If you do a Smash Attack it throws a Fireball. If you throw it, the rod explodes upon contact.

Bee Hive: Works as a party ball, but if you hit or throw one of these a swarm of bees will attack the nearest player (which can be you, if you're not careful) racking up damage for a while (almost no knockback).

Power Glove: With the glove on, any item you pick or character you throw will go two times as far. It doesn't affect regular attacks.

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
Bowser Jr and Paper Mario Items

I think that for Bowser Jr, that a Spiky Shell would be good. You know how in Melee there was the Green and Red Shell.

Well the Spiky Shell is green and 3 times larger, it goes in a straight line but it would crash into anyone in it's way. This is actually a real item from Mario Kart: Double Dash!! and Super Mario Strikers Charged. Used for the same purpose. :)

Now for a Paper Mario item:

How about the Super and Ultra Hammers.

+

Unike the normal Hammer and the newly announced Golden hammer.

These two hammers don't make you go crazy. You can carry them and jump your normal distances. These are rather like Kirby's Side B attack.

You just WHACK your opponent with them. Normal damage is about 40-50%.

So what do you all think? :chuckle:

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Hah, I was right! The Smart Bomb from Starfox will be in Brawl! I saw it on one of the many movies on the internet (don't ask me which one). The Smart Bomb can be picked up and thrown, and it results in a big explosion, bigger than with a Bob-Omb!

I could also see following Assist Throphies: Jill from 'Drill Dozer' and 'Advance Wars' soldiers and tanks.

I also heard that Little Mac and a Metroid are going to be Assist Trophies, and Gardevoir a Pokeball Pokemon. But I couldn't find movies with them. So I don't know if those three are valid.

Top Bottom