• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official item discussion

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
not, the motion sensor bomb is small and discreet, making it easy to miss. this just has similar attributes, but it is a big blob of goo and explosionary equipment
(made my own word)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea true but its unlikely that they would put two items with the the same attributes then but the motion sensor bomb was my second favorite item (First was green shell).

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well they have to its one of the main things about Mario but i hate the red shells (Blue shells automatically seeking out the person in first and causing a very large explosion that can also hurt other players!)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
The person who is winning of course (Based on lives and percentage or whatever rules may apply to the game your playing)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well if you were in first place you could try and use it strategically (if you get knocked off the edge use it to get back).

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
they would get into first by killing other people. then the would get knocked out of first place by a certain blue shell.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
But what about stock matches the person in first is the one with most lives and least damage.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Actually once you launch it it should gly around for a few seconds so that plenty of time for you to run (and get chased)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Im back... iv been away for almost 12 hours and i can still post straight after you -.-

killbeast301

Smash Lord
^This thread is not that popular^ :(

I like the blue shell, I thought of it awhile ago, but didn't post. maybe the person in first couldn't pick it up? I don't think it was possible in Mario Kart to get it if you were in 1st.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well it doesnt really matter because it just appears and you pick it up (in Mario kart if u had it while you went into first you would hit yourself)

killbeast301

Smash Lord
No, I mean if you're in first, and you stand over it, and press A, you do your standard A attack. If you somehow pick it up, then the guy is ko'd, you keep it, and if you throw it you suicide bomb. But that might be too complicated, so just hitting yourself if you pick it up and throw could work too.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
yea, you are able to pick it up anytime, but it shouldn't be both an instant kill and an automatic hit, one or the other, other wise it is too powerful. i would pick automatic hit and be a little less powerful than a bomb-omb.

experiment111

Smash Journeyman
how many items does anyone estimate will be in brawl? cos we got bout 30 in melee and if some r returning as well as new ones i'm gonna be spoilt for choice

Fawriel

Smash Master
Yay, I can be first!

The "Smash Ball" that triggers the so-called "Final Smash" is an item!

It's been speculated that it isn't because its entry is under Gameplay instead of Items, but that is only because the article on Smashbros.com is about the Final Smash itself, not about the Smash Ball per se.
Also, he compares it to the infamous hammer.

But the definite proof is this: Even the German page refers to the Smash Ball as an "Item". Yep, in English. And that term is ONLY used in German to refer to items in video games, the type you can pick up and use.

The professionals may now rejoice!

Dr. Science

Smash Apprentice
If the Final Smash technique can only be used once... is it possible they might allow it for professional play?

Think of the strategy involved in hitting the technique!

I'm infering from what sakurai said that the move isn't all screen encompassing as once thought.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
When someone is performing this move you think you'd be able to hit em and cancel out the move?

Sora12225

Smash Cadet
Love the new smash ball!!

I can't wait to see what kinds of items are introduced... I ALWAYS play with items (Minus a few: Red Shell, Flipper, ect), so I'll be interested to see how these new ones change the game...

tappy

Smash Ace
looks like the super scope is now confirmed and with a new feature, running and shooting at the same time:) the items keep getting better and better.

X-threilyss

Smash Apprentice
i'm excited to see more of the smash orb.. i really want to see everyone's super smash, but i kinda want to wait until the game comes out to see them all.. i really hope that smash dojo doesn't release TOO much info before the games comes out.. i still want to be surprised at new stuffs..

Legolastom

Smash Hero
The super scope can now be better than ever seeing as you can charge it up and move! super scopes are gonna get a lot better now (And all shooties).

jb254

Smash Apprentice
I always loved the Super Scope and felt that it was the most unique item in the game, so I'm glad it's coming back, and better than ever!

I think a cool feature for Brawl would be to allow each player to select like 2 items each before a match starts so that during the match you can strategically use an item of your choosing. You just press a button and you automatically equip the item. Of course for tournament play some items will be banned, but this allows players to use items fairly.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well i don't go to tourneys but if i did i wouldn't really care weatehr items were baned or not because i have learned to master them but items to ad alot of fun to the game... especially green shells (He he he) .

And yo samus.

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
I just had a thought.... What if Snake's box is an ITEM? They said Snake will use his box, but not how. I think it would work, plus it removes a seemingly useless (or arguably overpowered ) move from Snake. Everyone could use the box if it drops, and it makes you non- touchable when you hide under it? I think it's plausable.

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
I agree GREEN Shells are the best item most likely they will not be excluded!!
What if Pokmin were an item???

Notice legolastom im following you from each thread

Top Bottom