• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "I need help with ___"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby_M@ster

Smash Ace
Well, I was gonna ask a 3rd Question, which was about #51, but I thought I'd wait 'till I get to it first. BUT, wait, I sorta kinda do have a third... about the uploading of avatars.. what's up with that?

Fox 2k3

Smash Ace
You can't upload a avatar (Too bad heh?) you need to win it by doing something good to the forums or winning it on a official contest (Like on the SWF awards).

Those are the only ways of adquiring a custom avatar. Oh and also you can get on by becoming a premium member.

LMFFS

Smash Cadet
I need help with hopping with the X/Y buttons...every time i try i either normal jump or jump i cant seem to do it consistantly. Is there any way to do it easier?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
nope, unfortunately all you can do is practice to get used to it. what i've done is just use one for jumping and one for hopping, to separate the different feelings between the different moves. if you're bored enough, try going into training mode for an hour or so and just work on hopping. and bear in mind that different characters have different difficulties with hopping (i.e. fox is very hard to hop with, while dorf or link are very easy to hop with.)

Shadow Roy 9

Smash Rookie
Roy and Marth smash attacks

My friend, who will remain unnamed has a strategy with Marth where he goes around the stage smashing people (mainly me) with Marth Smash A-attack. The problem is I am mostly a Roy user and I have a hard time to try and beat his strat. He uses the smash attack over and over again. I have gone to using counter to beat him, but I am not always fast enough. Is there another Strat to dodging or attacking a Marth user that just uses the Smash a attack?

Blade Beast

Smash Journeyman
What are tiers?

Or, more accurately, who's on which tier? How is that decided? Is there a concrete list of tier placements I can refer to?

TRINDEL

Smash Rookie
Any prize winning photograph here?

Does anyone know a good site of peoples masterpiece in photograph mode???:rolleyes:

FlowinWater

Smash Champion
Anybody know how to short hop laser while goin backwards? I saw a vid of isai and ken and isai was short hop lasering towards ken while moving away from him. I MUST KNOW!

SSBMarth

Smash Rookie
Hey footnbaseball, I know how to do that (in fact I have done it twice), but it requires taking apart your controller, which I hope you are comfortable with. You can either get the special screwdriver, or you can improvise with a small blade one. Either way, take the screws out and separate the two pieces of the controller (be careful not to lose any buttons, etc, also, make sure you know exactly how everything goes, though it isn't too complicated). You can then remove the A (also B if you want) buttons from the controller and clean both the button and the hole in the controller where it goes. Once you have cleaned both really good, put it all back together properly, and the button should be fixed. Hope this helps.

Ungodly-Evil

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by RockCrock
That's an easy one Flowin... Easy to say atleast...

Jump backwards... Then Hit "B"

;)
I think if u do that you'll turn around in the air and shoot the other way

TRINDEL

Smash Rookie
japanese "Break the target"

Ok, so in Home run Contest, if you use the option and put your file in japanese, you can get a few extra feet. and the plate is a bit larger (just try to pick up the bat run to the bag and hit it, it will go to the edge without falling, as it would in the english version). I'm wondering if the change of language also affect the "Break the Targets" mode?

usea

Smash Ace
many (all?) neutral B moves will execute in the air first whichever direction you're facing, but secondly if you've hit left/right on the analog stick while moving through the air, the B will execute in that direction.

dashjump forward with captain falcon, while moving forward through the air, tap backwards once, and then hit B. you'll turn around in the air and do falcon punch.

a sure way to jump backwards and laser forward with falco is to jump backwards, then quickly hit forwards once on the stick, then neutral B. if you're quick you can still do a shorthop fastfall laser this way while moving backwards, but I imagine there is an easier way. I just don't know it.

edit: oh I turned on the game and immediately realized a better way. jump straight up, immediately use laser, and then while laser is executing air control backwards and fastfall. a lot less tricky.
to summarize: jump straight up, laser, then start moving backwards before the laser comes out.

I'm not good at it, so I end up shining backwards a lot. but it's do-able.

B

BlackLightning1

Id imagine a wavedash-back into a shorthoped laser would work

HavocLord

Smash Journeyman
Most nuetral Bs can be flicked. Zedla's B probably doesn't flick as it is the same thing all over.

And Usea, the flick is the best way. You won't be facing the right direction if you're running away nor will you get as much movement if you aren't moving when you jump. Flicking nuetral Bs is really easy after practicing, and there's no reason not to practice it. From first hand experience (ie. doing it myself/Mofo doing it to me) it's really usefull and Falco benefits from it well. Remember, if ya don't do the best, ya won't get the best.

As for the wave back to laser hop; it's slower and you aren't getting that nice movement you get from the dash/dashdance to flicked laser.

Speccer

Smash Cadet
Hi, I'm new here, just some guy trying to improve his skills with shiek. (my best character) I would consider myself half-decent, since I can beat a level 9 computer without items, although I'm sure that is an effortless feat for most of you here. I admit I am a newb, but I am certainly no n00b, the difference being that a n00b is an ignorant moron while a newb is simply unskilled.

Anyway, to my point... I'm trying to unlock Final Destination, but I'm having trouble beating Space Travelers and All Star Match Deluxe. I've gotten to the final person on each, but have lost shortly thereafter. (due to the massive damage I have or the time limit, respectively) Once, I got to Ganondorf with 1-1.5 minutes left, but I accidentally ran into his Bellosom and he Warlock Punched me soon thereafter... I'm looking for any tips/hints at all, and possibly some strategies with Shiek. Thanks for any help in advance.

-Speccer

footnbaseball

Smash Ace
well you cant go wrong with shiek. i can see why the other one with ness would give you some trouble though...hes a lil different from shiek.

well for the all star match, you should be spamming a few moves: forward tilt, up smash, and forward air. remember that computers are morons with quick reflexes. you cant run at them, they can grab you out of a dash attack. just approach them, forward tilt, then once they hit a decent percent, upsmash or forward air. if you hit one really high in the air, stand under it and charge an upsmash, and it will drop right onto you, for death most likely. its not to hard once you understand how computers work

and im not qualified to give ness advice...hopefully someone else will brush you up on that.

Speccer

Smash Cadet
Funny thing is, I've gotten to around that skill level :p Dr. Mario I kill easily, usually with under 20 damage and I make sure I do it within the first 30 seconds. Falco might get me around to 50, and I make sure to beat him by the 3 minute mark. By the time I beat Pichu I have about 2 minutes left (right where I should be) and have either lost a life and have little or no damage, or am very damaged on my first life. Fighting Young Link, I usually corner him on the left side, and I knock him back every time he tries to jump up. When I fight Roy, however, he is good at countering most of my tactics, and I am forced to fight him slowly.My basic strategy is charge at them until I'm at a standing distance where they will charge me. I roll behind them as they attack, and quickly dash attack them. I then try to juggle them a bit before I repeat the process. Instead of idly charging up my smash attack which the computer would miss about half the time, however, I instead use the up aerials. The computer isn't usually smart enough to counter it with their down aerial, so I end up knocking them high into the air and dealing decent damage. I sometimes use this with Ganon as well, although he is so slow it's easy to keep attacking while he tries to recover. My main problem is the time limit. I just need to find a way to do it all faster.

Also, I have found the tilt-A (the circle-kick type move if I'm not mistaken) to be quite ineffective. It doesn't do much damage, doesn't knock them back far, and the computer easily breaks out of it and counter-attacks. I've also found that all of Shiek's B-moves seem to be fairly useless offensively, and I despise using the Zelda form. If anyone has some kind of advanced strategy (meaning one using advanced techniques) it would be greatly appreciated.

footnbaseball

Smash Ace
nononononono! shieks tilt forward a is at least one of her top 3 best moves! it comes out quick, has no finishing lag, does ok damage, and is ever so comboable! go up to a computer and keep doing it! as they DI closer to you, turn around and you can keep hitting them with it. when your hitting them high enough in the air, jump up and give em a slap!

shieks b moves are indeed mostly useless, but dont underestimate the needles. there a very effective projectile, useful for edgeguarding, among other things. you can store the needles by pressing l while you charge them up, and fire them off later.

as for advanced techniques, shiek really doesnt need them that much. her wavedash is nothing special, and generally her air attacks will finish by the time you with the ground, so lcanceling isnt vital either. jump canceled grabs dont hurt, and neither do ledge hops, but besides that, shiek is not a very advanced technique kinda character.

Speccer

Smash Cadet
So basically Shiek is so good she doesn't need most of the advanced techniques? Oh, and I don't believe ledge hops were covered in bumblebee's glossary thing. Would you care to explain?

Oh, and I'll give the forward tilt a second chance. Maybe I'm just remembering it wrong, but it wasn't very useful when I used it...

footnbaseball

Smash Ace
yea pretty much. of course, you should just make lcanceling a habit, but you wont need it except with the down air, or up air if you short hop fast fall it.

a ledge hop is when you are hanging on the edge of a stage, press down to drop of the edge, then immediately jump so that you can use the forward air on your opponent, who is most likely right above you, rather then press x while hanging and be unable to do anything until your halfway through the jump.

Speccer

Smash Cadet
I see. With all this new information I'm pretty sure I can handle that stupid event match... Thanks for all your help.

Still looking for help on Space Travelers, though...

Chupacabra

Smash Rookie
I couldn't find the answer to this, and I know this is probably a stupid question, but I just need confirmation; R can work for L-Cancelling, right?

MistarGameWatch

Smash Rookie
Hello, I was playing Peach the other day and noticed on the bonus points menu that I had gotten off a meteor smash. Can someone tell me what is Peach's meteor smash?

EDIT: Thanks Speccer, but I know what a meteor is and what a spike is and the difference between them. My question, perhaps worded better, is:

What specific move is a meteor smash for Peach? For example, is it her fair (I'm pretty sure it isn't, but just as an example)? or some/which other move?

Speccer

Smash Cadet
not_you: Shut up. I beat it anyway. I finally got final destination. (woohoo)

Chupacabra: There's no such thing as a stupid question. Yes, R can be used.

MewtwoMaster554: Supposedly you short hop and air dodge diagonally down, but I still don't know exactly how to pull it off myself.

MistarGameWatch: A meteor smash is when you jump off an edge and spike someone trying to get back on. However, some spikes are not meteor smashes and vice versa. Many (most?) characters have more than one meteor smash.

B

BlackLightning1

MewTwo master, i have a vid on my site of it, but thats all im saying to avoid needless flames from some people here.
You know who you are.

Dan-E

Smash Apprentice
BTT

Ok I need help on how to get GOOD times on Link, Y.Link, and Game and Watch's Break the Targets courses.

Link-Is there any trick to get the (last thrown) boomerang to hit all the required targets?? I know you have to down smash throw it, so it rebounds off and hits like 3 others, but I have trouble with it. If there's a trick I don't know about please post it.

Y.Link-Almost the same thing. I can't get the boomerang to hit the targets on the far right of the 'course' (consistantly).

G&W-I can only hit 3 targets with the parachute instead of the 4 targets you need to hit... any advice on the timing on when to open the parachute?

Chupacabra

Smash Rookie
Link Super Jump: How is this done? I've seen the boomerang come out, but it totally boggles me how he just shoots straight up after that...

Speccer

Smash Cadet
Chupacabra: Look in the official glitch topic - it'll be in there. I think it's on one of the first 2 pages (my pages are set to 40, though...)

jra64

Smash Journeyman
who are the best for team games? I hear ganon, link, CF are really good... and what are some good combonations and why?

ganon + peach I hear is a really flawless team

C

chronojinx

Gardener Finish(2000)
- Put a flower on an enemy's head at match's end.

Flower Finish(1700)
- Had a flower on head when the match ended.

I got those from GameFAQs, they still don't help, I tried throwing Lip's stick out when they are trying to get back on, and numerous other things...

Very-Hard Clear(200000)
- Cleared the Very-Hard mode. [I found this easiest to do on
classic mode.]

I beat All-Starts on Very-Hard, Do I not get this bonus along with my Mew trophy?

Now some questions about SWF...

I want to put my white peach as my avatar, and I saw people saying that you have to donate or win a contest...I can't find any contest....

jra64

Smash Journeyman
concerning the ice climber freeze glitch (Roll, Hold Z While in Roll and forward+B while cpu ****** is throwing) how exactly do you do this? sometimes it will freeze the opponents others times it will not.. what I'm aiming for is consistency...

Also, is there a place where I can find character weight classes? Fox = Heavy

Etc..

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Go to Mew2King's big ol' statistics list. He has everyone's weight compared to each other.

SSBM Statistics list

Also if you want any sort of avatar you need to register on the boards. That's why you have no name or avatar. If you want your own CUSTOM avatar then you either need to pay for premium membership (the links are all over the place here) or win a contest, but I haven't seen any contests like that in a while . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom