• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "I need help with ___"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluelion20

Smash Ace
Short hop fast fall l-cancel. You short hop, use an aerial attack, fast fall, and L-cancel it. You should shuffle almost all of your aerials, as there isn't very much lag and you can set up other attacks very well with it.

bluelion20

Smash Ace
just bat drop. I'm assuming you already know how to bat drop, but just use dair BDs. You have to use the dair bds, you have to l-cancel them and mid air catch them too. The 6K strat is like 10 BDs, so I'm assuming 4K is like 7-8 BDs, maybe 6. I don't know many videos of captain falcon, or any HRC libraries, but I'm pretty sure nismojoe has a 4K falcon.

www.nismojoe.com/ssbm.htm

FaTmAn2k20

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by bluelion20
Short hop fast fall l-cancel. You short hop, use an aerial attack, fast fall, and L-cancel it. You should shuffle almost all of your aerials, as there isn't very much lag and you can set up other attacks very well with it.
Yeah it takes some practice, and I still don't have it down 100%, but once you get the hang of it you do it without even really thinking, like putting up your shield or sidestepping a grab.

CyberZero

Smash Rookie
Hi! Oh, yeah to put a bomb with hold down and press B button

Need any help post I will reply!

brentb

Smash Rookie
umm I don't want to flame you..

argh.

ok event 51 is not the master hand one. it is the tripple team with super bowser.

be more clear and I wont expect you to be some anoying troll.

bluelion20

Smash Ace
I think he just wants to know who he could beat Event 50 easiest with...

But anyway, try Ganondorf or Captain Falcon. Just abuse their usmash. Or if they don't work for you, you could use Yoshi and use the dair. Those are pretty much the best ways, and I used Ganondorf (he's got the bets attack out of the 3, and he's heavy).

Juce

Smash Ace
im a sheik player and try to get combos with her tilts, but my problem is doing her u tilt. i try to get it off fast but end up doing my u smash. is there a way to pull a u tilt off fast without u smashing?

bluelion20

Smash Ace
Practice more. Its all you can do. But the gamecube controller is so sensitive, you shouldn't even have to press it halfway up to tilt. You can either quickly move it to halfway (it shouldn't smash), or slowly move it all the way up.

Other than that, just practice.

Schills6446

Smash Rookie
How exactly can you tell can you tell if your l-cancling right, because i need to practice it and i need to know if im doing it right

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Best advice I could give you is to practice with G&W or Bowser. They have extremely noticeable differences when you l-cancel, and that's how I'm learning atm.

Juce

Smash Ace
i find link's d air is helpful to get l canceling down because you can tell the difference from l canceling. work on tecking, its easer and once you get good at it it will be easer to l cancel

Aftermath

Smash Champion
actually.... it's best to practice with whatever character you use. go to training mode, do the aerial that needs cancelled a couple times without cancelling it to see how fast you recover, then do it with the l cancelling and see the difference. Once you get the timing of that down attack the computer with it and try to cancel that. teching might be a good start, but the timing of the two are different. you can alos slow down the speed if you can't press seem to press L,R, or Z at the right time or if you don't notice a difference.

FaTmAn2k20

Smash Journeyman
[color=sky_blue] I went to training and slowed it down some, got the hang of r-cancelling at that speed, then sped it up from there. There's really nothing to it but practice though, so practice, practice, practice. After a while you'll get the hang of it and kind of get a shuffling rhythym, at least that's what happened for me:) [/color]

MR. P.A. Awdbawl

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I'll be honest here. I need help with Pichu. I was wondering if it was possible if there were any Pichu glitches and/or tactics that can take my Pichu game to new more devastating levels of play. By all means let me know.

Leaving my plea,

MR. P.A. Awdbawl

Peaches

Smash Lord
I can't help with th ePichu thing. sorry

I have a Samus question
When you use a bomb, does it allow you to lay one everytime one blows up?
Because every now and then you'll catch someone in a barrage f bombs that gives out 5-6 bombs in about 3 seconds.

just wondering.

GuardianSphinx

Smash Journeyman
That happens alot in Samus vs DK or Bowser...

What happens is, samus gets right 'inside' Dk or bowser and starts laying bombs, if you keep pressing B really quickly After the bomb has exploded on contact with Dk or Bowser You will Lay another bomb and it will explode immediatly on contact effectivly 'bouncing' samus up with the explosion, but if you press B (while holding down) again before samus is out of DK or bwser's body, the process will continue.

Because While Dk or bwser goes up from the explosion so will samus, keeping her at the same level.

Phew, so there we go. I guess you could kinda call it a glitch.

(That probably didn't make sense)

Juce

Smash Ace
my friend plays as samus and trys to do this to me all the time and i think the tecnical term for this is "pillar of fire".and it does hurt your % if they get it of on you.

i cant spell:D

MR. P.A. Awdbawl

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Peaches
I can't help with th ePichu thing. sorry
That's okay. Pichu's not an easy character to master. That's why I'm trying to master him. Once I master him, all other characters will be too easy to learn. Still, any Pichu players got some secrets they're willing to share, like something like the "Head Bug".

Awaiting a response,

MR. P.A. Awdbawl

D

Deleted member

a) - Mewtwo is the hardest character to master, not Pichu.
b) - the Head Bug DOES NOT WORK. It's crap.
c) - ask Pictish freak/Fim about Pichu. he's the best Pichu player I know.

MR. P.A. Awdbawl

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Decadent One
a) - Mewtwo is the hardest character to master, not Pichu.
Not exactly. Mewtwo, to me, plays exactly like Zelda. Both are considered Wobbufett characters. You have to play defensively with Mewtwo. The only difference in Zelda and MT is that MT is more close range than Zelda is. Also, his moves require to be used AFTER an opponent makes the first strike.

b) - the Head Bug DOES NOT WORK. It's crap.
I take it you have yet to use it to your advantage. Keep trying. It's true strength will come to you in time.

c) - ask Pictish freak/Fim about Pichu. he's the best Pichu player I know.
Of course, and someday, I'll be amongst them. Also, I'll make Pichu even stronger than he already is (and he's pretty strong).

Hoping this helps,

MR. P.A. Awdbawl

D

Deleted member

Actually, Mewtwo is an offensive, tilt combo character. His defense sucks far too much for him to be played defensively. He also bears no resemblance to Zelda in fighting patterns or style.

He is also staggeringly difficult to use at high level, due to a mountain of flaws and his only real strengths being non-direct. You can't KO too many opponents by recovering really, really well.

Pictish Freak and Fim are the same person.

As Qwester so delicately put it, the head bug does not work .

Fim has tested it severly. He played with the enmy under the tree on Pokemon Stadium, the enemy being a level 1CPU, and he tapped A repeatedly. he got to 10% before the enemy struck him back.

The Head Bug's only real use is while clipping CC'ing Metal Bowser's who do not feel the need to defend themselves.

pictish freak

Smash Ace
Thank for correcting him guys, I didn't know he was spreading utter crap in more than one topic.

And dont worry Decadent ^^ You can call me Pictish again... changed account just to clear confusion.

yomominacan

Smash Cadet
lol
Awdbawl you say you are gonna win tournaments with your pichu, and then you say that you need help with him

whats really funny is to read the threads where you boast about how awesome pichu is, and there are threads where you ask about wavedashing and di.

I understand your wondering if you don't know. But, dont make such outlandish claims if you odnt even know how to play

GuardianSphinx

Smash Journeyman
I have nothing really useful to add to this, exept.

MR. P.A. Awdbawl, wouldn't it just be so much easier, to put MR. P.A. Awdbawl in your signature?

Then you wouldn't have to type it all the time. :D

I really, really hate pichu, just be pikachu, he IS a different character, hardly anyone is him, because they think everyone is him, so they be pichu to be different, but in fact they are being just like all those other people trying to be different.

AND pikachu is better, aaaah.

MR. P.A. Awdbawl

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by yomominacan
lol
Awdbawl you say you are gonna win tournaments with your pichu, and then you say that you need help with him
There is nothing wrong with asking for help. There may be some tactics that I missed that could take my Pichu skills to new heights. Yes, I do plan to be a competitor with Pichu.

whats really funny is to read the threads where you boast about how awesome pichu is, and there are threads where you ask about wavedashing and di.
Well, you guys do love talking that lingo and not care if newbies have no clue as to what it is. That's why I ask. For my own knowledge and also, some "advance tactics" are more show than substance. Plus, some of the techniques I've done without knowing it.

I understand your wondering if you don't know. But, dont make such outlandish claims if you odnt even know how to play
Please define "outlandish". I haven't made any claims of the sort......yet. :chuckle:

With this issue cleared up,

MR. P.A. Awdbawl

P.S.
Originally posted by GuardianSphinx
AND pikachu is better!........
Hmmm, that remains to be seen. :chuckle:

D

Deleted member

There is nothing wrong with asking for help.
Completely right. Only the most arrogant *** doesn't aknowledge that there's always something new to learn.

Well, you guys do love talking that lingo and not care if newbies have no clue as to what it is. That's why I ask.
We care so little, it's stickied at the top of melee discussion in it's very own topic for all to see.

For my own knowledge and also, some "advance tactics" are more show than substance. Plus, some of the techniques I've done without knowing it.
Yep. WD'ing, a technique that allows the normally slow Luigi, Samus and G&W to rival Fox in speed, is pure show. Can't think how that'd be useful.

Please define "outlandish". I haven't made any claims of the sort......yet.
You've claimed -

- Pichu should be upper tier.
- the 'head bug' can dish out 60 damage.
- Pichu is a 'powerhouse'.

They would be examples of outlandish.

pictish freak

Smash Ace
I see you failed to deal with me OR Decadent One OR Qwester, P.A

Face it, you KNOW you're wrong and have NOTHING to back yourself up.

Give it up already.

jrta

Smash Ace
P.S.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by GuardianSphinx
AND pikachu is better!........
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm, that remains to be seen.
No it doesn't, Pikachu is better than pichu in every way except for a slightly stronger f-smash at low percentages and possible (debateably better) u-air juggles as opposed to semi-spike.

For my own knowledge and also, some "advance tactics" are more show than substance. Plus, some of the techniques I've done without knowing it.
I suppose they are for show if you don't know how to use them. Just out of curiosity, which "advance tactics" are more for show than substance?

Outlandish claims you say?
Not exactly. Mewtwo, to me, plays exactly like Zelda. Both are considered Wobbufett characters.... The only difference in Zelda and MT is that MT is more close range than Zelda is.
(with regard to Head Bug garbage)
I take it you have yet to use it to your advantage. Keep trying. It's true strength will come to you in time.
Also, I'll make Pichu even stronger than he already is (and he's pretty strong).
For my own knowledge and also, some "advance tactics" are more show than substance
These seem pretty outlandish to me...

pictish freak

Smash Ace
Jrta: I do disagree with the crap P.A says, dont worry, but I AM a pichu players, and he does have some stuff going for him:

Faster aerials than Pikachu. Shuffling is faster, sincehe has even less lag..

The F-smash is prety **** good against fast fallers and can bag the odd low percent kill. Landing isnt that easy, of course...

At high damage, the angle of the down smash kills most fast fallers due to poor recovery and of course, falling fast.

Pichu has **** good speed and is brilliant at evasion and such.

I know, he's not great; worst in the game even.

I wouldbnt say he can't be played at high level though... I say he can win equally skilled fights... since I've managed it. This was against Qwester, Decadent One, and a couple others.

Don't get me wrong, I'm well aware of Pichu's weaknesses, I'm just saying he's not utterly useless.

jrta

Smash Ace
I guess I would agree with the faster aerials, but I still feel that pika's aerials end up being better with more range/larger hitboxes. f-smash is good at low percentages, but as the percentages get higher, I believe Pika's gets better. Both of them can get fast fallers of the stage early with f-smash edge guards, pichu's might be a bit stronger early, but pika has a better time compensating for recovery tricks with his range.

Down smash is debatably better, Pichu does have a better killing angle at med-high percentages, but pika's has much better priority/damage building abilities. And I would think that pika has better killing moves than the downsmash anyhow.

Speed, I'll give a slight edge to pichu, but not that much. Some of this stuff is more of a play style issue too.

MR. P.A. Awdbawl

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Decadent One
We care so little, it's stickied at the top of melee discussion in it's very own topic for all to see.
Yep. Utter lack of compassion. :chuckle: Just kidding! I simply forgot where it was.

You've claimed -

- Pichu should be upper tier.
- the 'head bug' can dish out 60 damage.
- Pichu is a 'powerhouse'.

They would be examples of outlandish.
Yet, I also said that these are my OPINIONS. I believe Pichu should be Upper tier, but not TOP tier. He's not powerful enough yet, and thus, at best he's Upper. I have dished out 60% once but on average it's 30% for the Head bug. Finally, this applies to any character, Pichu truly is a powerhouse. He has trump cards that no one else has and can stand against any opponent. It's possible.

Clearing up some stuff,

MR. P.A. Awdbawl

pictish freak

Smash Ace
Of course, but Pichu has a smaller frame and a bit more speed, it honestly helps evasion.

I'm not saying anything amazing about Pichu... Just don't always compare him to Pikachu, they are pkayed entirely differently.

Marth > Roy.

Pikachu > Pichu.

Falcon > Ganon

But still, Roy Pichu Ganon can be played as they are different characters, right? Good in their own respect, in ways much different from the clone..

I have dished out 60% once but on average it's 30% for the Head bug.
Edit: Ok, That's it, As Qwester kindly put it:

HEAD BUG DOES NOT WORK, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE

I have tested it. I have ound the best situation ever. It still does not work.

Either get vids or shut up, you're not convincing anyone, as anyoen can test it and prove you wrong.

So, who says Head bug works, and who says it doesnt?

Against:

The better Pichu player here.
Any/all Experts

For:

Someone who only just discovered what DI is, and still doesnt factor it while making combos.

Hmmmm...

jrta

Smash Ace
I believe Pichu should be Upper tier, but not TOP tier. He's not powerful enough yet, and thus, at best he's Upper.
The tiers aren't a question of how good one person gets with pichu, they are a statistical analysis. Even if you found something amazingly abusable (that actually worked, unlike the rest of your combos), he wouldn't have enough to bring him up to upper tier.

pictish: Small frame does help, agreed. Clones usually play different from originals, agreed. As we both agree that pichu is probably the worst overall character (i think), we'll just leave it at that.

pictish freak

Smash Ace
Yes, we can agree on those things.

I guess I'm just determined to let Pichu see some play.

Let me rephrase that: high level play. Just to tack that on before P.A trys to claim he's giving Pichu some spot light >.>

jrta

Smash Ace
:p hah fair enough. Sometimes I feel that AwdBawl is a joke account and he is just posting this crap for kicks.

MR. P.A. Awdbawl

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by jrta
Sometimes I feel that AwdBawl is a joke account and he is just posting this crap for kicks.
Sorry to disappoint you, jrta, but I'm not joking about some of these moves. If there are better general moves that Pichu can use, let me know. The fact that you get your kicks on putting down others is your business. Which is fine, that's who you are. In any case, I'm serious about these moves. I'm trying to help players play Pichu a little better, or rather inspire people to be more competitive with this character.

Originally posted by pictish freak
I guess I'm just determined to let Pichu see some play.
Let me rephrase that: high level play. Just to tack that on before P.A trys to claim he's giving Pichu some spot light >.>
No, I'm not. Pichu's a star on his own right. My praising him won't change his status nor lessen it. As far as seeing Pichu played at higher levels, that's one of my goals as well. But to do that, first, I need some trump cards. Anyone gonna help me on that?

Advocating for advice,

MR. P.A. Awdbawl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom