• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
Only problems here IMO are:
1. Olimar being 2 instead of 3/4 which is where I feel he belongs.
2. Jiggly under CF i strongly disagree with
3. WTF Sheilda placement, I know everyone's said it, but even looking at the data I can't agree with it. It's just dumb...
4. Still think Snake is > Diddy, but data clearly shows better things from the latter and I didn't expect him to be higher anyways.
5. Peach and Pit swapped

Awesome Things:
1. the downloadable data - great to see how numbers were crunched
2. MK no longer in separate tier, he's better but not enough to be out of top tier.
3. ZSS + Pit move ups (expected)
4. Creation of BL tier, very nice.
5. TL +1 and Fox -1s were definitely called for
6. WOLF MOVING ON UP IN THE WORLD (again!)

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
lmfao, whoever made this tier list is ********. MK banned tournaments shouldn't count toward the placing, that's like counting low tier tournaments, if it's not the entire cast, it shouldn't count. End of story.

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
Ac's outplaced TKD. SLS's gotten top 3 every tourney he has gone to if I recall correctly and he has used :wolf: in some of em. So :wolf: is next to his name and he'd be above Yui. Whatchu smoking? :fox: mains forever saltiest...
:018:
Okay I used hyperbole but even so:
I'm not a Fox main. SLS definitely isn't a Wolf main, don't pretend. And despite AC perhaps outplacing TKD once (where?) I'm pretty sure TKD's accolades far surpass AC's.

EDIT: Beyond that Yui and SLS are in Different regions and don't compete. Yui is in the more competitive East Japan with the likes of Rain, Nietono, Brood and Mikenoko and SLS is in West Japan with 9b, Souther and Masashi. Though talking about SLS is pointless because he's a Falco main who has used more MK as secondary than Wolf.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Wow Olimar.

Seems like it's only a matter of time
before he passes Metaknight for first place.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion

hyoipear

Smash Cadet
Great list! Top tier is perfect now IMO.

But what happened to DK? In my opinion he could be borderline (which itself is a great idea). I mean, would DK be worse than Sonic? Sheilda?

tibs7

Smash Champion
Mk-banned is not the standard anymore........

snake defs underated.
this list is really who does best on neutrals against metaknight.
silly

TreK

Is "that guy"
what exactly happened to Luigi ? -8 spots in a year for no reason (no AT has been found against him, and his metagame progressed just as much as anybody else's, ...)

and lolnietono.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Olimar being 2nd does seem pretty weird to me, but honestly, I'd only put Diddy above him. He definately deserves the big raise, even if he is just a goddamn troll character.

It feels really weird to see Snake drop that much, but in reality it's not really Snake dropping. It's just other characters rising above him.

And I know everybody is saying it, but yea... wtf at Shielda. Tre bizzare.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Pretty sure Peach is held down a lot by the pesky MK mu.. lol Some would argue Falco as well.
Pretty sure a lot of chars are held down by that "pesky MK mu."

lmfao, whoever made this tier list is ********. MK banned tournaments shouldn't count toward the placing, that's like counting low tier tournaments, if it's not the entire cast, it shouldn't count. End of story.
I was told that they didn't count and that only MK legal tourneys were used as data... :confused:

MK-banned is the standard. Deal with it.
Except it isn't. URC's disbanded and there have been a bunch of MK legal tourneys this year. Besides, it doesn't make sense to say MK banned is the standard when we're still factoring him in our MU charts and tier lists.

But what happened to DK? In my opinion he could be borderline (which itself is a great idea). I mean, would DK be worse than Sonic? Sheilda?
None of those chars get -4'd like DK. No char with a -4 deserves to BL. :evil:

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
We didn't include MK banned data in this Tier List, last I checked. If we were going to do a MK banned Tier List, then we wouldn't have looked at MK legal tournaments. Two entirely different metagames >___>

For this one, we decided to do a MK legal Tier List, so we only looked at the MK legal data we had at our disposal. For the next one, we're not entirely sure if we're doing MK legal or MK banned though. It's a toss up and will probably depend on what the status quo is like when the time comes. Who knows, we might even need to do both @___@

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm a bit disappointed that of all tiers it has to be top tier that's so wrong =/

Why is Diddy still considered top 3? His match-ups and results aren't top 3. He should be 4th or 5th.
Snake is 4th at worst. Olimar MIGHT be better than him but Diddy has never been and will never be a better character than Snake.
Olimar isn't 2nd best. ICs are better than him period. If you're generous you can give him 3rd but I think Snake's better.

Swapping Diddy with IC and Olimar with Snake would make top tier perfect imo.

Peach is still massively overrated, Lucas should probably leave Low Tier by now and Ganondorf's position as worst character should be reconsidered next time.

On the plus side the drops of Falco, Marth, Wario, GW and DK are all entirely warranted. I'd move B-Tier into "High" though

:059:

tibs7

Smash Champion
I'm a bit disappointed that of all tiers it has to be top tier that's so wrong =/

Why is Diddy still considered top 3? His match-ups and results aren't top 3. He should be 4th or 5th.
Snake is 4th at worst. Olimar MIGHT be better than him but Diddy has never been and will never be a better character than Snake.
Olimar isn't 2nd best. ICs are better than him period. If you're generous you can give him 3rd but I think Snake's better.

Swapping Diddy with IC and Olimar with Snake would make top tier perfect imo.

Peach is still massively overrated, Lucas should probably leave Low Tier by now and Ganondorf's position as worst character should be reconsidered next time.

On the plus side the drops of Falco, Marth, Wario, GW and DK are all entirely warranted. I'd move B-Tier into "High" though

this guy knows what hes talking about. agree completely.

Jrugs

Smash Ace

Yeah Id agree if snake can move into the high tier lobby with them :)

:snake: for B-tier tier list ver 8

Jrugs

Smash Ace
I never said bad, I just said not that good. As in not 2nd,3rd,4th best.

Or in a perfect tier list b-tier :)..........BUTtttt Im definitely ok with 5th

basvhout

Smash Apprentice
People should start playing more d3 this char is so underrated cause of the lack in players. He drops every tierlist but he could go up big time if you get good players using d3...

Doc King

Smash Lord
People should start playing more d3 this char is so underrated cause of the lack in players. He drops every tierlist but he could go up big time if you get good players using d3...
I think this character has potential that nobody really seems to care about or exploit. It seems that nobody really tries other things about him other than 4God (Who's the only successful D3 around) except the original chaingrab.
Nah, Dedede is ****ing awful.
D3 is good, just has a few major flaws like speed.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
and shock.. those above her all seem to have a better MU with MK. :) I mean that lovely -3 which has totally not been the main reason for Peach's not going anywhere haha. :rotfl:
Well, I've argued in other places that if you're an overall better character, you'll have a better MU vs MK and vice versa, since MK is an all-around excellent character. All of top tier has only -1's (and a 0) against him. From that perspective, it kinda makes sense that the characters above Peach on the tier list, in other words, the characters 'better' than Peach, also have better MUs against MK.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
A good tier list would be based on how good a character can be, not how good the players that use each character are. Its not fair that pikachu is so low even though he is a great character just because only one good player uses him.

knuckles213

Smash Ace
Okay I used hyperbole but even so:
I'm not a Fox main. SLS definitely isn't a Wolf main, don't pretend. And despite AC perhaps outplacing TKD once (where?) I'm pretty sure TKD's accolades far surpass AC's.

EDIT: Beyond that Yui and SLS are in Different regions and don't compete. Yui is in the more competitive East Japan with the likes of Rain, Nietono, Brood and Mikenoko and SLS is in West Japan with 9b, Souther and Masashi. Though talking about SLS is pointless because he's a Falco main who has used more MK as secondary than Wolf.
i agree with this

Jimmy?

Smash Apprentice
A good tier list would be based on how good a character can be, not how good the players that use each character are. Its not fair that pikachu is so low even though he is a great character just because only one good player uses him.
What's to stop Ganon from getting to top tier if it's just how good a character can be? I mean, he can powershield everything. That's pretty OP. So he should be on top, even if he can't back that up. I mean, sure, he isn't placing well in tournaments, but if there were Ganon players that could powershield every move that came at them, then I think he'd be on top.

I'm pretty sure numbers concerning the amount of representation are taken into consideration. I mean, it's not just "MK won the most money, he's the best," they corrected those numbers for use. I think I read earlier in the thread (/hasn't read the actual excel sheet) that Olimar was first in winnings, when corrected for the amount of use? So yeah. It's not just the number of people playing him, there are other factors.

I mean, inevitably, the number of players will affect the tiers, but complaining about it is just like saying the characters on low tier wouldn't be there if maybe one day someone maybe discovered some new AT that made them really broken because no one plays them so who knows it might happen I like this character it should be S tier.

And that can't realistically be how a tier list is formed.

If the character actually is good enough to earn X position on the list, then... they'll place that well regardless of the number. Marth dropped 2 spots this list, it doesn't mean he got worse. These numbers don't really mean anything in terms of how good a character is, that's why the data used isn't "objective character rankings" but.... all of the things they listed.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Except they're inconcsistent because results have clearly influenced placings, yet Ganondorf stays bottom despite having better results and money than a lot of those around him.

Jimmy?

Smash Apprentice
What, exactly, is inconsistent? They gave all of the things they used for their data, and then listed the percentage that those data contributed to the overall tier list. I don't think they skewed it purposefully just to **** with Ganon, they probably have better things to do.

If his results were better than those around him, then his placing is probably due to a combination of other things, like his match up spread or the votes of the BBR members. Also, I haven't checked the data, but is Ganon earning more money per Ganon than those around him, or were there just more Ganons? That could be another factor.

I'm gonna give the BBR the benefit of the doubt and say their math checks out because, once again, there's no reason to just piss on Ganon when only like 14 people care about the bottom 75% of the tier list anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom