• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
gfsc is rediculously hard to pull off

seagull is better than me and has more experience in the matchup

I'll do a Texas sized money match when I have a Texas sized bank account
Well Ill be back in Texas Ill put 25$ on you, I think your one of DFW's finest players and very under rated.

Neon!

Smash Lord
Well Ill be back in Texas Ill put 25$ on you, I think your one of DFW's finest players and very under rated.
I appreciate the offer, especially since we've never played but I dont want to put someone else's money on the line.

On second thought, if I'm playing exceptionally well that weekend I might take you up on that...

Jrugs

Smash Ace
I appreciate the offer, especially since we've never played but I dont want to put someone else's money on the line.

On second thought, if I'm playing exceptionally well that weekend I might take you up on that ;)
HORAY!
Im more than willing to see a giant gorilla fight a talking wolf from outer space....and bet on it.....now thats a money match

.......not MK dittos :glare:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Well you seem clueless enough to his rise, yet you're in the BBR.

Really, Seagull?
People were crunching numbers for a while with the percents listed in the OP. Very few people knew of the result until it was posted here.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
You'd have to explain the dthrow to shine killing us everytime. Assuming perfect play, DK's tippered jab leads into a guaranteed side-b every time (gfsc) meaning a jab at 80% or above = death.

I probably shouldnt have brought up the playing perfect part now that I think about it....

DK's moveset isnt as diverse as Wolf's but this is balanced by the fact DK will be living ~40% more than wolf each stock and has better options for killing early with 9 wind (kills near 60%)

I'm pretty sure I'm going to whobo, I'll accept a $5 mm but you'll probably have to remind me.
Dthrow puts you offstage, which allows us to shine>js your predictable recovery. Normally, it is very hard to do to :dk2:, but under "perfect play", it'd happen everytime.

:dk2: lives longer, but eats a ton more damage. And 9 wind isn't a safe option at all looool. Full charge is "sometimes" safer, but I've died more to :dk2: Dsmash setups if I remember my matches with :dk2:'s
gfsc is rediculously hard to pull off

seagull is better than me and has more experience in the matchup

I'll do a Texas sized money match when I have a Texas sized bank account
I wanna go to one of the places in Texas from Man Vs Food. Texas looks like it has some good eats. Drive meeeeeeeeee :).
Well you seem clueless enough to his rise, yet you're in the BBR.

Really, Seagull?
VVVV
People were crunching numbers for a while with the percents listed in the OP. Very few people knew of the result until it was posted here.
:018:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Assuming flawless play is one of the dumbest things you can possibly say imo. Assuming flawless play nobody ever gets hit and nobody ever gets grabbed and we have a match that goes to time with perfect play where ever attack is powershielded and perfectly spaced and every grab is spotdodged.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Overall I saw most of these changes coming with only a few suprises. The only thing that really "shocks" me is that it changed this drastically this fast. Like, I knew Olimar and ICs were gonna move above Snake eventually, I just figured it wouldn't be until another tier list since Snake is still going mega hard making dem $$$s.

I must say I'm digging the Borderline Tier. I always felt like those guys were too good for Mid tier, but I can see why data doesn't justify High tier placing either. Also, thumbs up to Wolf rising above Fox. This is the first time Fox has ever been the worst spacey, isn't it?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Sheilda just keeps getting better and better...somehow.

Neon!

Smash Lord
I mentioned "flawless play" because DK is a significantly better character when he powershields projectiles. When he doesnt his shield gets small quickly and characters like wolf have far more reliable approaching options when dk's shield is low. I probably should have clarified that earlier lol.

The same principle applies to pit and falco. Dk is much more of a threat when his shield is conserved.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
I think that sheilda should just be replaced with sheik. It's not the zelda's switching to sheik... it's the sheik mains primarily using sheik then going zelda to land 1 move. Or against Pikachu to take 50% to avoid the CG.
By the logic of what Sheilda is, there's no reason to use Zelda in the Fox or Ganon match up.
There's no reason to take two +3 Mus and lower them to a 0 and a -3.
Sheilda is supposed to be the optimal use of both Zelda and Sheik together, which just ends up being 95% Sheik.

So Sheilda is basically Sheik 2.0, with like 3 slightly better MUs than Sheik alone.
Not sure why 3 slightly better Mus equates to 3 spots away from Sheik on the tier list though.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
People don't realize how bad dk actually is

:phone:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I wanna go to one of the places in Texas from Man Vs Food. Texas looks like it has some good eats. Drive meeeeeeeeee :).
There was an entire Man vs. Food episode in San Antonio. I eat at those places here and there. I got you.

...if you admit Sonic > Wolf. :applejack:

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I think the grouping is good. I have real desire to nitpick between one or two spots, like whether Diddy is actually better than ICs or if Olimar is second or third or fourth, etc. I would say job well done for this list. My only real change would be to put Lucas in F Tier. I would say Lucas is noticably better than Mario, Falcon, Bowser, etc.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
To be honest, I'm starting to agree with this tier list as whole when I look at it and reflect.

I main Falco, Marth and Dk.

Falco finally got the drop I was always talking about, all the Mu's above Dk are bad for him, except Marth, and the one bad for him below, is Luigi.

After my Dk was wrecked at the last tourney I was at, and my Marth and Falco pulled through..

His drop makes a lot of sense, and so does the list. Sorry Dk mains. But, he is this bad.

Oldeeber

Smash Cadet
What made Olimar 2nd? Was it the japanese players or something?

I don't follow Brawl anymore and this is really surprising.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm surprised that Olimar made that big a leap. Good thing I've been practicing with him.

Lol at the Hyrule tier.

Tesh

Smash Hero
The real question is....Do mid tier tournaments include borderline or not? Without GnW, Wolf or Fox....Sonic will easily be the king of Mid Tier battles.

What made Olimar 2nd? Was it the japanese players or something?

I don't follow Brawl anymore and this is really surprising.
What made Olimar second was the fact that BBR votes had him placed somewhere around top tier, he has an above average MU spread compared to the rest of the cast, and he has the best Money/Usage ratio of all the characters.

Edit: After checking the numbers, Olimar's placings in those three categories were:

Votes: 3rd
MU Spread: 4th
Money/Usage: 1st

knuckles213

Smash Ace
Nice. Although :fox: dropped a bit, borderline tier is a good idea.

Though seeing :sonic: above :dk2: is probably pissing off quite a few players right now. That probably won't end well as this picks up more.
lol, if anything peach needs to be higher

HORAY!
Im more than willing to see a giant gorilla fight a talking wolf from outer space....and bet on it.....now thats a money match

.......not MK dittos :glare:
I wanna see :fox: vs :wolf: MM at whobo

you guys for real? i mean he's great but olimar is not better than diddy or ICs. diddy should be 2nd, ICs 3rd, olimar 4th (at best)
I agree with this, except olimar should always be higher than ICs

The real question is....Do mid tier tournaments include borderline or not? Without GnW, Wolf or Fox....Sonic will easily be the king of Mid Tier battles.
they should

Dcold

Smash Lord
Besides Vinnie and Esam I don't really think any other ICs really make the character as amazing as they actually can be, which justifies their placing on the tier list imo. Olimar has been getting good rep with the MK Ban, and has been placing well even with MK legal, so not many surprises with this list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom