• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Not a Tier List: Montage's Character ratings: New Info: Meta, Sonic, Snake, Lucario

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Sonic has good priority? I'm not getting that vibe from the videos I'm seeing.

In Gimpy's tournament I'm seeing Luigi, Peach, and even Shiek just eat right through Sonic's attacks. Also nobody seems to play Sonic's ability to chase foes off the stage. It's frustrating because Sonic showing up was all epic and then the pros ignore him -_-

JFox

Smash Hero
You do realize that no one is pro at brawl right? The game has been out for like a week. People that are pro in melee are just regular people, they don't have some super ability that is going to go with them when they start each game. Sure they are smart players, but things take time to develop. Right now everyone is just playing to have a good time. People have to chill with the pro mentality a bit and just enjoy the game before it gets serious.

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, buyt it's too late for them to change anything f we want to fight online with japanese.

However, notice he said Yoshi is 'STILL' the worst. I thought Yoshi was pretty good in Melee, especially when compared to likes of Gannondorf, and in Smash 64, he really could be one of the best in some circumstances. Who's to say this isn't based on a person not fighting well with him?
You didn't know anything about Melee.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
When Wario eats a projectile, does it charge his fart faster?
I tried eating some, and we found out he can't eat everything. I'll test it.

Is there a chance you and your crew can showcase any zero to deaths with Toon Link?

This Thread= Awesome: have your crew keep this **** up

*And sweeet, my hopeful mains are looking to be actually playable. Yayyuz!*

Sonic, t3h b00000000ze, Oli, TL, Marth...freaking amazing
Maybe tonight

Awesome, so Dedede is a beast? :D

Is it easy to swallowcide? Can they break out of it easy?

Anything else you can say about him? :)
Dedede has great range, and strength. Good projectiles too. However, the swallowcide seems undoable at this point.

metaknight only 6,5/10 <<
cant believe thats very bad
sure, play him more pls and make really edgeguarding with him and say then a new test of him =/
Just because you didn't like a rating doesn't mean we haven't tested him.

keep in mind this guy can only deliver so much of his and his friends oppinion in proportion to how things will turn out in the end when EVERYBODY has brawl
<3

Snakes ranking comes to a 7.1 (repeating of course) out of 10 after the average.
Read the first god****ed post before posting.

Sonic has good priority? I'm not getting that vibe from the videos I'm seeing.

In Gimpy's tournament I'm seeing Luigi, Peach, and even Shiek just eat right through Sonic's attacks. Also nobody seems to play Sonic's ability to chase foes off the stage. It's frustrating because Sonic showing up was all epic and then the pros ignore him -_-
vs badkids.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
You mean the Sonic player sucks or what? I see one video where Peach owns him in 30 seconds, then another where the Peach player can't even touch him until 40 seconds in.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Some negitive things to note about DDD.

He cant sweetspot the ledge during one of his gliding puffs, he has to wait for it to finish.
this means when he is piffing for the stage there is a second where DDD's fat bod is hovering above the edge before he can grab it.
this could be really bad if we dont find a way to counter it.

also, he cant grab the ledge during his upB, he has to cancel it and go into "helpless mode" for that to work.

also, despite DDD's ability to stray far away form the ledge, he cant really efectivly chase people off the ledge for an early kill like somebody like Pit.

This is because his Fair and Nair are really pretty bad. no real knock back. and he really cant the the Bair WOP like jiggs, if he is puffing in a certain direction, that is the way he is facing.

and something positive about DDD you didnt mention:
you were wrong. Lucas doesnt have the best taunts in the game, that is DDD, not only is his "dance" taunt epic, but he ca crouch verry quickly for an epic taunt where he lays down on his side like hes board, with kicken *** so hes gonna do a sexy post for the camera for .5 seconds.

If DDD can combo, he could do this in the middle of it.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace

He cant sweetspot the ledge during one of his gliding puffs, he has to wait for it to finish.
this means when he is piffing for the stage there is a second where DDD's fat bod is hovering above the edge before he can grab it.

also, he cant grab the ledge during his upB, he has to cancel it and go into "helpless mode" for that to work.

also, despite DDD's ability to stray far away form the ledge, he cant really efectivly chase people off the ledge for an early kill like somebody like Pit.

This is because his Fair and Nair are really pretty bad. no real knock back. and he really cant the the Bair WOP like jiggs, if he is puffing in a certain direction, that is the way he is facing.

you were wrong. Lucas doesnt have the best taunts in the game, that is DDD, not only is his "dance" taunt epic, but he ca crouch verry quickly for an epic taunt where he lays down on his side like hes board, with kicken *** so hes gonna do a sexy post for the camera for .5 seconds.

What do you mean?

Levitas

the moon
Hey Dmbrandon, do you think you could flesh out the Ness section a little more, or give a vid of him or something. It's like good players are allergic to Ness or something, it's impossible to find a half-decent vid of him. I'm of the opinion that the lack of a DJC will help his combo game, and I'd like to know if I'm right or not.

For example, a Double jump rising Uair to Uair for a kill off the top? Or a rising fair to spike? Or simna's idea, the DJ rising fair to Pk fire to PK thunder2 into the trapped opponent?

Thanks in advance, and this thread rocks!

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Fox for 10/10 in the right hands =). Well done for posting this, it's awsome - just might be slightly bias. Well done overall though =). Psy.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
What do you mean?
BOWM updated his post on KINGS
TEST 11: Can DDD sweetspot the edge while floating?
Answer: No. If DDD is by the edge, and he floats up, DDD will NOT grab the edge... you need to wait until he finishes his float.

Personal Note: I found this really annoying, and I'm looking for another way to grab the edge without getting easily edgeguarding.

dmbrandon

Smash Master

This is a joke post, nobody pay attention to him. plz.

Pikachu's taunts are the best because they're sooooo cute >_> ;
<3 Wait til you see Montage's Taunt Video!

Hey Dmbrandon, do you think you could flesh out the Ness section a little more, or give a vid of him or something. It's like good players are allergic to Ness or something, it's impossible to find a half-decent vid of him. I'm of the opinion that the lack of a DJC will help his combo game, and I'd like to know if I'm right or not.

For example, a Double jump rising Uair to Uair for a kill off the top? Or a rising fair to spike? Or simna's idea, the DJ rising fair to Pk fire to PK thunder2 into the trapped opponent?

Thanks in advance, and this thread rocks!
I'll have some Ness vids up tonight or tomorrow! This also goes for DK, and others

Fox for 10/10 in the right hands =). Well done for posting this, it's awsome - just might be slightly bias. Well done overall though =). Psy.
Not bias at all. Stop assuming things. And fox is not 10/10. l2p

YoshiBomb

Smash Apprentice
There is no way that Yoshi is that bad you or who ever played him to test him for this probly sucks balls with him.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
There is no way that Yoshi is that bad you or who ever played him to test him for this probly sucks balls with him.
1. You're from ohio. That's not even a real state.
2. It's not about skill with said character, I'm rating his moves and playability.

Anyway, yoshi has always blown, why is this so hard for you fanboys to believe.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
This is a joke post, nobody pay attention to him. plz.
yes, that part about the taunt was a joke post, but what i said about DDD's recovery taking a while for him to sweet-spot, and his Fair limiting his ability to KO people by chasing them off the edge was serious.

PeteBeast

Smash Apprentice
very nice, but I have two questons:

Fox is faster than Wolf and Falco so how are each of their speeds the same?

Also, is wolf really stronger than Bowser, Charizard and DK? or are the numbers set to fit the character and not to compare?

TheLastHero

Smash Apprentice
Man, Zamus makes me sad. =[ But Olimar akes me orgasm. =P Gdorf also could be a new main for me.
Since I'm a noob and I suck, where can I find the list of what these things like teching and SHDL mean? ZD

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
Who wants to bet on this list being looked back on and ridiculed in 5 years time? If you seriously think this list is anything but opinions...lol internet.

EDIT: TheLastHero, don't worry. Zero Suit Samus is actually good.

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
No need to be an *******, er, *******?

Snakes Average comes out to be 7.1 since you don't have a ranking for him I thought I'd try to help you improve your thread a little. You said not ALWAYS is it the average, implying that in some ways it is.

To quote you " If you know something, tell us, don't flame us. "

Last time I try to help anyone on these god**** forums.

Grmo

Smash Champion
lol were you talking to me?

These are seriously just opinions, and that's proven because there are so many other opinions going around that contradict everything on there. For example, me and everyone in my community saying that Zero Suit Samus is good.

EDIT (in response to mario-man's quote): LOL OHIO ISN'T EVEN A REAL STATE? LOLLLLLLLL

EDIT2: dmbrandon, it seems to me like you're constantly defending yourself or arguing on this thread, which should tell you that it's very controversial information. I mean opinions.

mario-man

Smash Lord
1. You're from ohio. That's not even a real state.
wow!! you better be careful or you will make somebody mad. Not me, I'm not even sure you were serious, but you better watch it.

In case you weren't joking: quit being so easy to start a fight. You seem like you're mad all the time. Just chill out man, the world is not out to get you.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
yes, that part about the taunt was a joke post, but what i said about DDD's recovery taking a while for him to sweet-spot, and his Fair limiting his ability to KO people by chasing them off the edge was serious.
Fair and Bair chasing is amazing. Go online and play Space, and see what you think then.

As for the sweet spot, the dude has 5 jumps. You have more options than just ledge grabbing. Maybe you should stop playing CPUs

ElectroBlade

Smash Journeyman
I don't think you know what your talking about. These don't seem very....well reviewed.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
very nice, but I have two questons:

Fox is faster than Wolf and Falco so how are each of their speeds the same?

Also, is wolf really stronger than Bowser, Charizard and DK? or are the numbers set to fit the character and not to compare?
The speeds of them are roughly the same, but it's hard to gauge from 1-10 while being specific. Think of it as an outline.

As for strength, wofl's power is nuts. He can ko at fairly low %s using the right moves/spacing

Man, Zamus makes me sad. =[ But Olimar akes me orgasm. =P Gdorf also could be a new main for me.
Since I'm a noob and I suck, where can I find the list of what these things like teching and SHDL mean? ZD
Go tot he General Melee board. There should be a list of all terms used ^^

Who wants to bet on this list being looked back on and ridiculed in 5 years time? If you seriously think this list is anything but opinions...lol internet.

EDIT: TheLastHero, don't worry. Zero Suit Samus is actually good.
Who wants to bet Grmo will play this nonstop, but will never amount to even winning local tornies? Don't come in my thread looking to do nothing but argue. Go post somewhere else.

No need to be an *******, er, *******?

Snakes Average comes out to be 7.1 since you don't have a ranking for him I thought I'd try to help you improve your thread a little. You said not ALWAYS is it the average, implying that in some ways it is.

To quote you " If you know something, tell us, don't flame us. "

Last time I try to help anyone on these god**** forums.
The first page says it's not an average. Don't like my opinions, then leave. The 7.1 means nothing if you can't use him correctly. And that's not the same for every character. Snake is played different than any character ever in Smash. Maybe in gaming.

I don't think you know what your talking about. These don't seem very....well reviewed.
Sorry, I only have 90 hours on the game. You should go talk to the 'pros' who played the e-for-all demo 4 months ago for a combined time of an hour. They know more than I do. ^_^

If you have the game, or are playing it regularly, and have information relevant to a characters weaknesses, or strengths, do tell. As of right now, these are the scores given, on a basis of how well they perfor not only in good hands, but bad as well.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I'm actually fairly convinced this guy has no clue what he's talking about actually.
Just because I didn't give Link a 9, doesn't mean you need to flame me. If I had given like a 8.5 I'm sure you'd be praising me. It's too bad too. Now you're building your hopes even more, for a character worse than his melee counterpart. v_v

Grmo

Smash Champion
Who wants to bet Grmo will play this nonstop, but will never amount to even winning local tornies? Don't come in my thread looking to do nothing but argue. Go post somewhere else.
Oh wow, a little harsh don't you think? I'll let you know that I actually have won local tournies before >_>

Don't think you can act as an elitist authoratative figure of smash standards, when you actually aren't, and not expect even the slightest argument.

tbqh my post was to point out that your information is nothing but opinions. I didn't really care if you argued or not, but I don't want you sitting around in the delusional state of thinking that everything you put there is fact. It's all opinions. It may as well be a movie review. You know as well as I do that smash standards will change, and just as with Melee, old thing will be laughed at.

One more thing: I'll keep this in mind and for every local tournament I win I'll send you a link of the results, how's that sound?

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
Just because I didn't give Link a 9, doesn't mean you need to flame me. If I had given like a 8.5 I'm sure you'd be praising me. It's too bad too. Now you're building your hopes even more, for a character worse than his melee counterpart. v_v

I don't even care what my Mains get, because I'm a casual player thats going to use them reguardless of your scores.

But I suppose you , all mighty dmbrandon with your 90 hours of clocked lifelessness surely must know everything about the game within that alloted time.

All you've really succeeded in doing is giving us bias opinions, and attempting to get as many people as you can to fight with you.

PS : Im sorry, but I found the page stretch necessary.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Oh wow, a little harsh don't you think? I'll let you know that I actually have won local tournies before >_>

Don't think you can act as an elitist authoratative figure of smash standards, when you actually aren't, and not expect even the slightest argument.

tbqh my post was to point out that your information is nothing but opinions. I didn't really care if you argued or not, but I don't want you sitting around in the delusional state of thinking that everything you put there is fact. It's all opinions. It may as well be a movie review. You know as well as I do that smash standards will change, and just as with Melee, old thing will be laughed at.

One more thing: I'll keep this in mind and for every local tournament I win I'll send you a link of the results, how's that sound?
See? This was a good post. You can state your opinion, but you shouldn't bash things. I am civil as anyone on here, but if I get flamed, expect something back.

As for my opinions, they're not only mine. I have 5 people in my crew pulling a lot of hours on this, and it's a combined effort. When we find new things, we update.

This list is for people who wanna get a headstart, but don't have the game. I'm not trying to choose people's mains for them, but just shed light on the basis of the character.

Edit: Linknsnake: That picture is as old as the internet. 4chan isn't funny anymore because of new***s like you posting things like this. All you've done in this thread is troll, and I'm reporting you to a mod. ^^

Edit: Dragonhawk:please go back and read the other pages. This trolling stuff is only the last 1 or so, and I'm sorry you feel you can't have an opinion. I encourage you to take a look, though ^^

Grmo

Smash Champion
Ergh, fine. I'm sorry for flaming you. But your information just seems so...untrue in places. Argument is inevitable. I'm glad you guys are putting lots of time into this, but come on. You pretty much did give us a tier list by adding ratings. If you were to just take those out you wouldn't be getting flamed, and discussion would be kept nice and simple. It's a simple truth of life that ratings are opinions. Opinions lead to arguments. To quote my friend:

"Opinions are like *** holes. Everyone has them and no one wants to hear them."

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Remember people, these are only the opinions of 5 people. Don't take them like they're fact or like the backroom released a tier list or anything.

The game has been out for not even a week yet and you all want information on the game that compairs with the information we have on melee after 7 years. Just be patient! (Or don't and leave in a couple of months thus returning smashboards to normal. I don't care either way.)

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Hey, can you guys please test the super armor frames on Lucas's up smash? Serpit had a look at them and apparently they're not so useful. I want to know at exactly what point of the attack do they kick in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom