• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Not a Tier List: Montage's Character ratings: New Info: Meta, Sonic, Snake, Lucario

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
It sounds as if people think that 1-3 hours is a lot with each character? More than most people sure, but not enough to make legit ratings yet. These will be changing for a while, guys.. so don't bite his head off if your character doesn't have the score you think it deserves.
I've plugged more into some, less into some.

The more I play, the better each character gets. except yoshi.

maian

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure Toon Link's score will go down in time, in fact, I'm almost counting on it. But I am very happy to hear that with beginning playtime, he's awesome. For me at least, that says he won't suck in the future, even if the score does go down.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I'm sure Toon Link's score will go down in time, in fact, I'm almost counting on it. But I am very happy to hear that with beginning playtime, he's awesome. For me at least, that says he won't suck in the future, even if the score does go down.
in complete honesty.. I only see it going up. His combo's are the best in the game.

maian

Smash Apprentice
Any examples? Sorry, I'm really excited for him. >_<

I'm just wondering if the combos I set up with Young Link have effectiveness with Toon Link. Anyway, that's good to hear, seeing as how YL wasn't the most loved character in Melee.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Isn't Toon Link's dair a meteor?

He's pretty **** quick too, I wouldn't be surprised if he was one of the best in the game, if not the best.

maian

Smash Apprentice
Well, good news then. My only hope is that he doesn't turn out to be some top tier character like Fox.

...Or basically, when I use Toon Link, I don't want people to think I'm doing it because he's the best. I've always mained YL. =X

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Well, good news then. My only hope is that he doesn't turn out to be some top tier character like Fox.

...Or basically, when I use Toon Link, I don't want people to think I'm doing it because he's the best. I've always mained YL. =X
That's exactly how I fear for Diddy; don't want him to be the next over-used character.

We'll see when it comes out though, I suppose.

maian

Smash Apprentice
Looks like we've got something in common. It's funny. According to not only this list, but others I've read, the most unexpected characters are turning out to be amazing, ie, Toon Link and Diddy. Either way, I'm ridiculously excited to play each one in depth. I'll definitely be going random for a long time before I find my true main, although it will probably be TL.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
seems like your analysis of Zero Suit Samus (ZS) is a little off. I think that Resident Waffle guy just sucked really bad, cuz Ive seen some other vids that show otherwise. He hardly ever short hop back + forward B, he didnt use her b-air hardly at all, and she has three jumps...how is her only recovery tether? her down b is a command jump that sends her pretty far up and over. he didnt do that at all either. Her B moves are where she shines the most. Her up smash after up tilt is amazing, which he failed at, and her forward B is comparable to almost all of Marth and Fox's attacks in terms or effectiveness, range, and definatly priority.

maian

Smash Apprentice
By the way, DmBrandon, what do you mean by TL's ability to 0-Kill? Sounds interesting.

LoserNumber2

Smash Apprentice
Great thread, nice impressions

overall is the game balanced, or does one character stick out more then the rest?

also is the game fun to play for hours nonstop (from a competitive players point of view)?

dmbrandon

Smash Master
seems like your analysis of Zero Suit Samus (ZS) is a little off. I think that Resident Waffle guy just sucked really bad, cuz Ive seen some other vids that show otherwise. He hardly ever short hop back + forward B, he didnt use her b-air hardly at all, and she has three jumps...how is her only recovery tether? her down b is a command jump that sends her pretty far up and over. he didnt do that at all either. Her B moves are where she shines the most. Her up smash after up tilt is amazing, which he failed at, and her forward B is comparable to almost all of Marth and Fox's attacks in terms or effectiveness, range, and definatly priority.
Her DB recovers her well, yes, but leavers her open. She can't air dodge immediately, and if you attack, you won't grab the ledge. Her UB will, but can be edgegaurded EASILY. Her FB is too easy to read against smash players. For now, she stays the same.

Great thread, nice impressions

overall is the game balanced, or does one character stick out more then the rest?

also is the game fun to play for hours nonstop (from a competitive players point of view)?
The game is fairly balanced. Of couse, some seem better than others: Wolf, TL, Diddy, dedede. But overall, it's too fun. I think Me and my crew are at around 85 hours?

WarioGamer64

Smash Cadet
Theres no way Wario is only 5 strength, he is always a power character in all games, theres no way that peach, mario, luigi, diddy kong, or about 10 more characters are stronger than him. It makes no sense. Ever play WARIO WORLD??

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Theres no way Wario is only 5 strength, he is always a power character in all games, theres no way that peach, mario, luigi, diddy kong, or about 10 more characters are stronger than him. It makes no sense. Ever play WARIO WORLD??
/joke post.

maian

Smash Apprentice
Wait, so what is this about TL's ability to 0 Kill? Sorry, just curious.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
ike can spam bair with " moonwalk" which have just bout 0 start up and end

super armor frames on eruption WHILE u charge it

extremly hard to edgeguard aether and quick draw
A spam can edgeguard surprisigly good
AAA keeps fast characters at bay and used for spacing
nair does decent damage very little start up 0 post lag and covers a 360 radius andbcan stop projectiles
ikes half hop is short and helps him atk with airs

yoshiunity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YoshiUnity
Well it sucks that you see yoshi as the worst. Eh, I may disagree, he was my main lol, but I respect your opinion on it. :)

Infact, I've heard a lot of different info on Yoshi. Certain moves are weaker or same said moves are the same strength *Who hasn't been nerfed?*, but I've also heard people who tested him out said that certain moves have more knock back , and are quicker, like his egg throw and egg roll*MAN, I HOPE SO! Stevie wonder could stop that move!* I'll just have to see how he works when brawl comes out.

I really don't see the big deal about the DJC. I never used it; if I did, wasn't much. I honestly did just fine. Beat some pretty good people with him, got a couple of *** kicking though, but who doesn't get those. I'm more ground game than air game, that's probably why DJC is "eh" to me.

All in all, I'm happy about his range buff, and that certain moves were nerfed. It seems like It'll benefit my game, For some matches, it seem like Yoshi had knockback in some of the wrong moves in Melee. I'll knock them back, but then I have to chase them down just to add damage, and Wham! SCREWED! The nerfs kinda help his combo game a little as well. I'm good with that.

Yoshi is an awkward fighter, but I'm awkward as well. I could play well with him, but I couldnt do jack with characters like Mario and Marth who are VERY beginner friendly. Wierd, huh? Infact, My three mains where Yoshi, kirby and Mr. Game and Watch. Yep, I was skilled with mostly the low-tiers.

Well, that my little explanation. Great work on here. If this explanation bothered you, than I'm sorry. Look forward to brawl! Man, My Mains will be even more expanded. A combo friendly yoshi, Better Kirby, A... Game and Watch, annnnd... A Gun wielding Monkey, An angry Knight head, ... Blah, blah, blah.... lol

Silvran

Smash Apprentice
Whether there is bias or not, I'm just glad to see a list that points out some of the changes. Glad Lucas and Pit seem to have potential, hoping Lucario improves. Thanks for the good read

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I'm going to laugh if Toon Link ends up being top tier after everyone said he was just Young Link with a new look.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Her DB recovers her well, yes, but leavers her open. She can't air dodge immediately, and if you attack, you won't grab the ledge. Her UB will, but can be edgegaurded EASILY. Her FB is too easy to read against smash players. For now, she stays the same.

But you can tether even after a DB in the air, so if your opponent is going for the edge hog, just DB to make them hustle off the edge to catch you, then fall short and tether. theres always a way. especially with two kinds of recovery. As far as her FB, the point is to bate you opponent with it. If they get hit, it ***** if not follow up with quick attacks. I only argue the point becuase iv'e seen better ZS action.

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
**** Yoshi really sounds bad. So much for me maining him v.v ... But atleast Dedede and Olimar look good!

Proven

Smash Apprentice
Question, can you Down B, and then mid-air jump, rather than mid-air jump and then Down B? This would solve the air dodge problem.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
In the air can Ganon/Falcon do forward B THEN do up B? Just wondering if there was something to slightly make up for the loss of the extra jump from down B.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
where in OB u from
I used to live in SWS, now I'm in Cliffwood beach near Luarence harbor.

There should be a RECOVERY category in the ratings. Yes yes?
I will add it, and credit you.

answer this question
No.

But you can tether even after a DB in the air, so if your opponent is going for the edge hog, just DB to make them hustle off the edge to catch you, then fall short and tether. theres always a way. especially with two kinds of recovery. As far as her FB, the point is to bate you opponent with it. If they get hit, it ***** if not follow up with quick attacks. I only argue the point becuase iv'e seen better ZS action.
When you DB and you don't land on the stage, your enemies WILL approach you. If they do, you have two choices: Get hit, or hit them. If you get hit, you've lost your DB, and your jump, then you die. If you attack, that sex kick stays out, you miss the ledge, and your UB won't reach when it can come out.

You've seen good ZSS, but playing against unknowledgeable people.

In the air can Ganon/Falcon do forward B THEN do up B? Just wondering if there was something to slightly make up for the loss of the extra jump from down B.
Not sure SP, but I'll test it, and post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom