• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Not a Tier List: Montage's Character ratings: New Info: Meta, Sonic, Snake, Lucario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proven

Smash Apprentice
Ugh, I meant if Zero Suit Samus can Down B and then mid-air jump, allowing her to air dodge right away.

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
One thing to note on G&W:

His UAir is more than just an attack - anything above him that doesn't get hit by the attack itself is blown upwards by a strong force of wind. This can keep enemies in the air for a long time, and completely screw up their game. I think that's worth some bonus points for him. He can even stop diving attacks from getting anywhere near him by just blowing them back into the air - the wind force is surprisingly powerful.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
I think ZS can only get three jumps if DB is done last. either way though, with insane jumping ability, three jumps(one of which can be used to tactfully recover if used wisely), AND tether, one can hardly bash her recovery. This is especially since, given the range of her command jump, she could easily have enough space to attack out of DB and be right above the actually stage. Not to mention the fact that her priority DOESN'T suck. The only thing waffle actuall did right in the 1st match against brown was repeatedly over take fox in the air with uairs. I think she is gonna be good, especially given the right use of her evasion.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Some things you should take into consideration for Wolf and Lucario:

1) Wolf has so many lunging attacks that push him such great distances that he should easily be able to approach the opponent. I've been watching Space use him, but he rarely ever uses his up B move to attack. Remember that if you do his up B move on the ground, he does this amazing flying kick that covers half of Final Destination in length. He can also SHL with his laser, and due to the speed at which it moves, it can be really annoying and a great way to cover for him. The very end of his forward B is also a strong KO move. Also, his reflector reflects projectiles back at TWICE THE SPEED they originally went at.

2) Lucario's counter attack (down B) apparently works on projectiles too, and teleports him behind his opponent even from great distances. If this is true, then I think he deserves a higher score, seeing as projectile use against a good Lucario player would be suicidal.

Prince Karo

Smash Apprentice
What's up with the wacky weight ratings? (Toon Link higher then normal Link, Diddy and D.K. the same)

Does this ranking refer to a character's gravity/fall rate rather then just how heavy a character is? The rankings in this category don't make very much sense otherwise.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I think ZS can only get three jumps if DB is done last. either way though, with insane jumping ability, three jumps(one of which can be used to tactfully recover if used wisely), AND tether, one can hardly bash her recovery. This is especially since, given the range of her command jump, she could easily have enough space to attack out of DB and be right above the actual stage. Not to mention the fact that her priority DOESN'T suck. The only thing waffle actuall did right in the 1st match against brown was repeatedly over take fox in the air with uairs. I think she is gonna be good, especially given the right use of her evasion.
Perhaps, but not as good as other people. From what I've seen.

1) Wolf has so many lunging attacks that push him such great distances that he should easily be able to approach the opponent. I've been watching Space use him, but he rarely ever uses his up B move to attack. Remember that if you do his up B move on the ground, he does this amazing flying kick that covers half of Final Destination in length. He can also SHL with his laser, and due to the speed at which it moves, it can be really annoying and a great way to cover for him. The very end of his forward B is also a strong KO move. Also, his reflector reflects projectiles back at TWICE THE SPEED they originally went at.

2) Lucario's counter attack (down B) apparently works on projectiles too, and teleports him behind his opponent even from great distances. If this is true, then I think he deserves a higher score, seeing as projectile use against a good Lucario player would be suicidal.
Wolf is like 9.0 or something right now? He needs more?

I will try that lucario thing. If that proves true, I'll be adding her points.

What's up with the wacky weight ratings? (Toon Link higher then normal Link, Diddy and D.K. the same)

Does this ranking refer to a character's gravity/fall rate rather then just how heavy a character is? The rankings in this category don't make very much sense otherwise.
I might have messed up. The page is all garbled in html. I'll check it out.

Zauron

Smash Journeyman

Actually, I can confirm that Lucario's counter does NOT teleport behind his opponent for projectiles - he still teleports a distance toward the character, then turns and attacks the air. He'd only actually hit them if the projectile shooter was right next to him when it was countered.

The wolf stuff is true though - that side+B is a killer move.

Edit: No response to G&W's amazing UAir improvement?

dmbrandon

Smash Master

Yeah, I did weight last, and got confused. I fixed 6 people.

Actually, I can confirm that Lucario's counter does NOT teleport behind his opponent for projectiles - he still teleports a distance toward the character, then turns and attacks the air. He'd only actually hit them if the projectile shooter was right next to him when it was countered.

The wolf stuff is true though - that side+B is a killer move.

Edit: No response to G&W's amazing UAir improvement?
I haven't tested the Gduubs thing yet. I will though. And right on, lucario doesn't do that at all. lololol

Sorry if you have been asked this but, what is your opinion on the best character in the game?

Good to see T. Link is looking kick-arse.
TL, Fox, Diddy, Wolf, and maybe Rob.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps, but not as good as other people. From what I've seen.
im just thinking about it like this. Here we have a very fast character, with range, disjointeds, and crazy combo capability. She can out range marth with the use of certain attacks, she can match fox and shiek in speed, plus has decent KO'ers. Seems good. Not to say you didnt witness her first hand, but it seems like you didnt get the best display. Didnt look like many of the guys used her anyways.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
im just thinking about it like this. Here we have a very fast character, with range, disjointeds, and crazy combo capability. She can out range marth with the use of certain attacks, she can match fox and shiek in speed, plus has decent KO'ers. Seems good. Not to say you didnt witness her first hand, but it seems like you didnt get the best display. Didnt look like many of the guys used her anyways.
Are you saying I'm incapable of play this game, sir?

launchpadmcqak13

Smash Apprentice
Crying for yoshi.

Why the hell would they take the guy with the ****ty everything and make him worse? Nerfed in Melee, nerfed in Brawl, he wasn't even a powerhouse in 64! **** you Sakurai. **** you.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
GW, if you have Brawl, I'll put 50$ on the line you won't even get me to one stock with yoshi.

Faz, Melee means nothing now. You guys have to realize, this is a new game, and my reviews are OPINIONS.

I'm just trying to shine light on the game for the people who wanna hear it.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Maben

Smash Journeyman
I enjoy how characters keep getting boosts in points. Eventually everyone will be considered pretty good lol. (Okay well not EVERYONE but more than like the 6 that were used in Melee)

EpitomeX

Smash Cadet
It's a linear increase capping at 200% damage.

at 100% he does 1.25x damage/knockback

at 200% he does 1.5x damage/knockback
Does the extra damage only come into effect at 100%, or is the calculation applied to ANY damage Lucario has taken.

For example if he has taken 50% does he gain an extra 0.125% on his attacks?

IceCube04

Smash Rookie
what in the world are all these terms you use?? nerf? dair? obviously I'm new to competative smash bros. so dont make fun of me.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
what in the world are all these terms you use?? nerf? dair? obviously I'm new to competative smash bros. so dont make fun of me.
Nerfing is when a character is made worse. For example: Yoshi got nerfed from Melee to Brawl. Translation: they made him worse.

Dair, Nair, Bair, Fair and Uair are just shortcut names for aerial attacks. Down air, Neutral Air, Back air, Up air, etc.

Pity to hear that about Lucario. Oh well. I think he deserves better than just a 6. 7 or 8 is more fitting IMO.

And yeah, I think Wolf should be given his previous 9.5 rating back. Honestly, he has so much going for him.

Oh, and you guys really need to play around with Ness a bit. His DJC is gone, but it also allows for him to spam PK fire while jumping out to edgeguard due to the way his second jump curves him around, and other ridiculous stuff like that. I hear his yo-yos got a major buff as well as the speed of his B moves in general. And we all know how annoying PK fire is if it hits, especially now that Brawl's physics make it harder to escape from multi-hit moves.

Gnight

Smash Journeyman
My friend who mains Yoshi (at least he is his favorite character, he plays Marth when he actually wants to try to win).
That's just sad. He must don't like Yoshi that much because Yoshi may be better than Ness. If I can master Ness to the point to where he's my best character, why can't he learn to use Yoshi well enough to win matches?

EDIT: I'm sorry, the way you put that makes your friend look like a sellout.

Oh, and you guys really need to play around with Ness a bit. His DJC is gone, but it also allows for him to spam PK fire while jumping out to edgeguard due to the way his second jump curves him around, and other ridiculous stuff like that. I hear his yo-yos got a major buff as well as the speed of his B moves in general. And we all know how annoying PK fire is if it hits, especially now that Brawl's physics make it harder to escape from multi-hit moves.
His DJC is gone?? Noooooooo!

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Have you guys messed around at all with that "moonwalking back A" on Ike? From what I understand it's ridiculously good.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Hey! Lucas has super armor frames at the beginning of his up smash!

I think he should get half a point for this, because if used properly this could become an awesome reaction move against predictable attack patterns and slow, heavy attacks (like Ike's Fsmash).

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Great... so a lot of the characters that were over used in Melee are going to be overused in Brawl and many of the characters that sucked in Melee still suck. At least Ness seems to have improved.

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
Is there a chance you and your crew can showcase any zero to deaths with Toon Link?

This Thread= Awesome: have your crew keep this **** up

*And sweeet, my hopeful mains are looking to be actually playable. Yayyuz!*

Sonic, t3h b00000000ze, Oli, TL, Marth...freaking amazing

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Awesome, so Dedede is a beast? :D

Is it easy to swallowcide? Can they break out of it easy?

Anything else you can say about him? :)

Staco

Smash Champion
metaknight only 6,5/10 <<
cant believe thats very bad
sure, play him more pls and make really edgeguarding with him and say then a new test of him =/

WR3K

Smash Ace
keep in mind this guy can only deliver so much of his and his friends oppinion in proportion to how things will turn out in the end when EVERYBODY has brawl

Staco

Smash Champion
I want to be good in brawl, but I want to play my mk, thats bad ><
but I think I will play him, if he is bad or not ^^

Grevling

Smash Cadet
I want to be good in brawl, but I want to play my mk, thats bad ><
but I think I will play him, if he is bad or not ^^
6.5 doesn't strike me as bad at all. This game is a lot more balanced than Melee was.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Good good good. Maybe we'll be in for changes in the NTSC and PAL releases, but this is good info.

EDIT: And yeah, everyone complaining a little over the score of your future main, look at the other scores. Brawl obviously is a lot more balanced now. It seems like you can finally win with your favourite character this time! (except for Yoshi's)

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Sorry, buyt it's too late for them to change anything f we want to fight online with japanese.

However, notice he said Yoshi is 'STILL' the worst. I thought Yoshi was pretty good in Melee, especially when compared to likes of Gannondorf, and in Smash 64, he really could be one of the best in some circumstances. Who's to say this isn't based on a person not fighting well with him?

eggs-on-toast

Smash Apprentice
DK has improved wooohoooo is some of his top combos still in. Also can you please upload some vids especially DK (i've seen one good vid of him) also do heavyweights better?

BTW Yoshi was never the worst and i beleive he will but your ratings seem good and reliable (based on vids i have seen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom