• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

North American ONLINE Player Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
good god you people keep track of every little win/almost win you have?
Considering the fact that its rare among us to have constant p2p partners that we always play outside of 1 MAYBE 2 people. Its easier to remember matches against random people that you play. Of course not all of the community smokes pot so some of us have a short term memory. :laugh:

inb4madsmokers lmao

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I kinda do, I've kept track of who I've lost to and who i can beat...generally its why i play smash64 competitively I am a ladder lover :p+

and eric does still play...who knew lol..ima own his *** on p2p and bring yous vids ;)

and my short term is fine marth xD

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
i have perfect memory u are a deceiver dont listen to this rawriamamonster guy i can remember the first day i was born i came out of a vogina it was a very traumatic experience

D

Deleted member

its true

i remember i p2ped near a few years ago and he thought he was hot **** because he beat my crappy ness with DK

instead of getting good at the game, people remember every single little friendly win and feel themselves reminiscing how they won 1 match in an online friendly

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Lol when i said i keep track of wins and losses i didnt mean for the intent of saying "omg i won vs you!" I just like to keep in mind who wins vs me generally...if its friendlies or tourneys i personally try to remember as many matches as i can

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I don't mean to hate, Soup, but all I said was that you thought you were underrated. That big post pretty much screams "I THINK I'M UNDERRATED".I forget how it went when I played you on server... But I would remember if I had gotten creamed.

but yeah, p2p me some time. Change my mind. I'm open to change.
I apologize if i sounded a bit harsh, or a bit scrub like.

I just had a nice reputation back then and i would like to keep it that way;and i know i can keep it that way.

I would enjoy being able to p2p you, battlecow.

I can't play until thursday, just tell me what time is good for you. :O.

MattNF said:
I hate that people are taking random friendlies on galaxy as proof that they're better than X player. Serious p2ps, console, or tournament battles are the best way to determine things (or 12 character battles!).

This is making me not want to go on galaxy anymore because some guy will be like "omg I 2 stocked NF's ness im better than him"

or at least I'll use a different name for now on
I am sadly condoned to that; but i have been screaming "P2P ME!" on my posts in this thread.

#HBC | ѕoup

The American Ego. There's nothing greater.
Rawrimamonster said:
Haters don't know about dat holyquebec.
You forgot about smasherx74, Xelph...

there just is ALOT of ego in america.

Nixxxon said:
Euro ego doesnt seem to be smaller atm :|

*expecting some rage comment from some euro player*
when i think of euro smashers, i think of Craiigg, Mad-fighter, etc.

I always thought you guys were fairly polite, i was friends with Craiigg.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
when i think of euro smashers, i think of Craiigg, Mad-fighter, etc.

I always thought you guys were fairly polite, i was friends with Craiigg.
I dont say the opposite but since the creation of that list, I think a lot of people have adopted the "I must be better than you, Im soo good" attitude, which sucks imo

dandan

Smash Lord
what?? i try do understand you nix, i really do, but sometimes it is so hard.

#HBC | ѕoup

I dont say the opposite but since the creation of that list, I think a lot of people have adopted the "I must be better than you, Im soo good" attitude, which sucks imo
I don't mind the competitve attitude, nor do i mind people wanting to be better then someone else.

the point of ego is this:

before the match:
"i'm the best. you all suck. i can beat all of you scrubs."

in the match:
"you're going to get pwned so badly bro."

After the match (win):
"gg no re gtfo noob lol i win again."

After the match (lose):
"i was sandbagging." "i wasn't using my main." "you cheated." etc.

Aftermath:
"so yeah i pwned the guy so badly he ragequit man i am the best."

and then people say nope you suck and he just goes lalalalalallalalalalalalal cant hear you alalalalalallal.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Its all about the competitive attitude sopamario. There is basically the polite-unpolite difference but the attitude remains the same

dandan

Smash Lord
lol nix, if i remember correctly, the only person who has ever complained about his position in the tier list is you, so saying that people have adopted the "I must be better than you, Im soo good" attitude, is a bit hypocritical.
as i remember, and i do believe i remember correctly, you have said you do not agree with your position and that you are at least as good as funk. be that the case or not, saying that completely nullifies your argument about people only seeing this game as who is better and the such and that you only play for fun.
moreover, i do not see anything wrong with wanting to be better, i love playing people and seeing how i stack compared to them. knowing that you have improved gives a sense of accomplishment, for me at least.

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
I like how this thread has encouraged some people to try playing online again :laugh:.

I guess it's time to give out some my thoughts on A tier before Nixxxon starts to going off topic on this thread, I'm still missing a lot of names from Sheer's list but I plan on updating them over time.

A$: He leads A tier, has a good aggresive game and combos, pretty good at edge guarding and taking the lead early on the match, however I think his main weakness is that he tends to lose his cool and gets impatient.

Nintendude: I like how he's able to adapt during the match, going defensive to offence whenever It's needed, maybe that's why many consider him a campy player, however while you complain about his game, he already thought on how to take your next stock. Being extra careful is key against him.

SheerMadness: Sheer has very solid technical game, he's fast and precise. Not many are able to be like that online, give him a chance to hit you and he'll most likelly turn that single strike into a 0 to death combo. He would be higher but I think he has a hard time against aggresive players like A$ and even more when they know how to abuse his recovery.

ECartman: He's one of my favorite players online, because he started average like many in Online Smash and the begining is always hard, because you would usually get depressed being unable to fight back against an expert player and then quit playing the game out of frustration (which makse me sad face). But then he turned out to be extreamly good, I'm sure that if he played more often he would lead A tier instead of A$ or even place on S tier.

Firo: He's also a good technical player, not as fast as Sheer but this is compensated with good approach and mindgames. Even though he can combo pretty well he tends to be careless sometimes.

Hammerheart: He's extreamly technical and fast, most of his combos are usually 0 to death and has a good amount of setups to perform them, however I feel that he is the kind of player that doesn't slowdown for a moment to think on his approach and this may hurt his game against defensive players and campers to the point that he'd rather not play them.

MATTS!: OWNED PWNED S-PWNED BEST BEST 100% BETTER. Many see MATTS! as a typical troll/Kirby scrub, his game is pretty basic, however that's just a mask hiding his true potential, he knows how to put pressure on his opponenents and even lure them to his unlmited uptilts of death. When it comes to gimp someone's recovery, he has no mercy. His success depends on how often you fall for his tricks

I may continue on my thoughts later...
MarioReincarnate
Silent Slayers
Star King
Kabal
Peek
PD
MattNF
Korobeniki
Near
Shade
ZhinShin
Legendary
Saske
Surri
Zodiac
Denken
Uknown iXi
Thekuzinator
thegreginator

NixxxoN

Smash Master
omg dan shut up please, you said this **** before, you are confusing two different things. One thing is where people should be placed (remember that I ended up saying that you should remove me from the list and put me in "have fun tier"... i was serious) and another is the super-competitive attitude and its pros and cons.

dandan

Smash Lord
what i mean nix is that you tried to argue about your position (as you cared where you were = competitive) than argue that being competitive is wrong.

edit: sorry surri, saw your post after i posted mine.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I dunno about how it works in Australia, but when I play someone, I kinda keep track. I mean, I don't write it down or anything, but I'm an unabashedly competitive guy, and I like to know where I stand. Just a small, somewhat inaccurate mental checklist, no biggie.

In Australia I would suppose that it's different, because you've already played everyone a zillion times, or else they're a nub. Couldn't you say stuff like "Eh, I usually win most of my matches against X" or "Y has a really good ness but I can take everything else with my link"? It's pretty much the same principle in America. I pretty much do it subconsciously.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
if you put it that way I get it, but these guys were being all specific and no way would I remember something like that, even if it was a link vs pikachu, because I've learned that the chances of both players being serious is like 1/100000, even in tournies

for instance ciaza usually beats me but I'm never hyped up and usually using link - in fact I actually tell him when I'm in serious mode so he can adapt accordingly lol

rom is tubbs, if he ever asks for 1v1 he'll go serious vs you but I haven't p2ped him in ages, hard to gauge how good he is anymore since all he does is kill scrubs in ffa (I lost 3-2 to ciaza in a tourney round ages back but rom lost to him 3-0 which is pretty dumb, and rom actually beat me 3-2 in losers >_>)

judas is judas, dsc is apparently good now, robsta still can't combo properly

james is fun to vs in age of mythology

americans ego >>> ciaza's ego >>> australian ego

Battlecow

Play to Win
Australians' ego about how little ego they have > MATTS!'s pretend ego > American ego.
I jest, I jest

Battlecow

Play to Win
It wasn't necessary, but it was kinda funny and definitely not unnecessary. I should think that that would be obvious.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Touche.
not having an accented e is actually annoying me

In fact, after thinking about it, Australians do have a certain elitist ego.

We own 40% of Antarctica lol

Battlecow

Play to Win
Do you really? I was under the impression that Antarctica wasn't owned by anyone... It's just a bunch of scientists anyways =p.

oh wait, just googled it, you guys claim that you own part of it, but we don't honor that claim. So it's like how Russia owns the Andromeda galaxy.

DMoogle

A$
I believe A$ has potential to lead A tier, however it seems that he has been inactive for a while and maybe he is rusty now, so stating that he definitely leads A tier may be rushed, but I'm taking account the last online tournaments where I faced him.
Yeah, I lose my skill pretty quickly when I haven't been playing. I've only played twice on console since the school year started, and none online. Once I start playing online again, it'll probably take me a few weeks to get back into the groove of things.

I'm pretty flattered you placed me so highly though, I thought my results vs. you have been meh.

Actually I'm surprised so many people have placed me so highly. Maybe I'm just modest. :p

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
When you get back to >9000 you should P2P with me.

I wanna see the man behind the legend!

Lol, by that I mean I dont think i ever played you at your peak. Last time we played you where newish if i remember correctly.

I didn't place you so high on my lists for that reason. I have seen some of your videos though.

The Star King

Smash Hero
A$ has the best campy Link I've ever played after Sensei, but other than that I wasn't too impressed, I don't think I ever played him at the top of his game though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom