• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

North American ONLINE Player Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

i played A$ in some horrid online tourney where we fox dittoed

pretty close and i'm sure hes way better now

P D

Smash Ace
no offense to A$ but i dont think he deserves top of a ha.

my falcon takes care of buisness vs him

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
man *****s be sleepin on my ***** saske man dat ***** is A tier for sure man u smell me?

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Ok so as of right now it looks like these people are guaranteed A Tier. I'm gonna go ahead and put them in A Tier for now. Remember we can always make changes.

A$
Nintendude
ECartman
SheerMadness
Fireblaster
Hammerheart

Players that got the most votes after those 5:

Firo
Peek
Star King
PD
Rawr/Marth
Kabal
MATTS

We need more discussion on those 7.

EDIT: James Franco/Tech_EDGE is A Tier IMO. Don't think he's played a lot of people though so I'm not sure what you guys think about him being included in A Tier.

P D

Smash Ace
no offense to A$ but i dont think he deserves top of a ha.

my falcon takes care of buisness vs him
actualy i shouldnt judge, havent played you in a while :p

Ok so as of right now it looks like these people are guaranteed A Tier. I'm gonna go ahead and put them in A Tier for now. Remember we can always make changes.

A$
Nintendude
ECartman
SheerMadness
Fireblaster
Hammerheart

Players that got the most votes after those 5:

Firo
Peek
Star King
PD
Rawr/Marth
Kabal
MATTS

We need more discussion on those 7.

EDIT: James Franco/Tech_EDGE is A Tier IMO. Don't think he's played a lot of people though so I'm not sure what you guys think about him being included in A Tier.
you should include your MAFF(math), sorry to be a *****

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
HAMMERHEART is not A tier. I think I am the same skill level as him. Fireblaster is also debatable, though not as much so as HAMMERHEART. And I agree that MATTS should def not be that high, this is a perfect example of the popularity contest coming into play.

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
HAMMERHEART is not A tier. I think I am the same skill level as him. Fireblaster is also debatable, though not as much so as HAMMERHEART. And I agree that MATTS should def not be that high, this is a perfect example of the popularity contest coming into play.
TBH This is the way I see that this is working.

Player A does good against player C who is ranked much higher than player A in the list. But player D who beats player A all the time loses to player C all the time. But player B beats all of them but might lose to someone who is ranked at the bottom.

Its all counter styles, experience of knowing certain players, random matches on kaillera, and p2p epeening. Honestly I'm starting to believe this is dumb lol. We should just say everyone we know who is good is A tier(in no order), ppl who are subpar are B tier(in no order) and well... we dont gotta argue about the S tiers because we already know for sure who is in them. :p its obvious.

Because 64 is simpler in its difficulty in some ways, the playerbases skill levels are all a lot closer and are only seperated by well...random stock amounts in random matches. Theres been too many times where someone of considerably less skill has come close to beating someone much better than them and this causes epeen conflicts. If this were melee, where the pros and semi pros are EXTREMELY far removed from the casuals then yea this would be more cut and dry. But the only ones in the 64 who distinguish themselves completely from the rest of the pack are so far ahead each could have his own tier and can be named off easily.

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
if u want u can have my spot if u beat me IN A BEST OF 5

i belong in hammerheart tier anyway

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
actually can i just request having my name taken off the list altogether lol

it makes playing the game for dumb reasons my head so I AM REQUESTING MY NAME PERMANENTLY TAKEN OFF IF YOU COULD PLEASE OBLIGE THIS REQUEST I WOULD BE MOST GRATEFUL

P D

Smash Ace
Star King
Firo
Peek
Rawr/Marth
Kabal

PD and MATTS! are not in this tier. One has rust the other if you play slow and boring you should be able to win.
ive actually been playin on fake name a few days, and played you and quite a few others and were beating you guys pretty badly lol

actually can i just request having my name taken off the list altogether lol

it makes playing the game for dumb reasons my head so I AM REQUESTING MY NAME PERMANENTLY TAKEN OFF IF YOU COULD PLEASE OBLIGE THIS REQUEST I WOULD BE MOST GRATEFUL
and this is what im talking about, this shiz started off as like a fun how we do against other people tier list and is turning into half an ego flamming official dumb tier list and the other half a popularity contest.

i admit to having my ego moments lol but still this is getting a bit out of hand

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Smart move Gammelhammernorskheart.

I don't care where I'm placed as long as I'm not below B tier, because I know that's bullcrap.

Or better yet, not be on the list? :p

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Haha so after 15 pages of hammerheart tier now he wants off the list. =E

We can probably make that happen.

I don't see this thread turning into an ego flaming or popularity contest. It just seems like some people can't read other people's opinions without getting offended.

thegreginator stating that people voting MATTS is a perfect example of a popularity contest lol??? MATTS is and always has been one of the most obnoxious people online, I don't see how people voting for him is due to extreme likability hahahaha!!!!

The fact is that his gay little kirby does better vs me than most people being considered for A Tier.

And PD you've been getting offended by people's opinions this whole thread. Every time we've ever played you say you're "rusty" as if you feel like you need to justify why you're losing. I see you on smashboards getting offended all time when people don't mention something positive about you in their opinions/lists. Here's my challenge to you:

If you really think you pwn everyone in A Tier make a list explaining how you do vs everyone, like I did. If it's actually true I doubt many people will argue with your list. I made the same type of list stating how I did vs a bunch of people and no one argued with mine.

You can make a list too greginator.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Smart move Gammelhammernorskheart.

I don't care where I'm placed as long as I'm not below B tier, because I know that's bullcrap.

Or better yet, not be on the list? :p
this. but i have yet to play some of you guys, i am just dying for some p2p action.

P D

Smash Ace
Haha so after 15 pages of hammerheart tier now he wants off the list. =E

We can probably make that happen.

I don't see this thread turning into an ego flaming or popularity contest. It just seems like some people can't read other people's opinions without getting offended.

thegreginator stating that people voting MATTS is a perfect example of a popularity contest lol??? MATTS is and always has been one of the most obnoxious people online, I don't see how people voting for him is due to extreme likability hahahaha!!!!

The fact is that his gay little kirby does better vs me than most people being considered for A Tier.

And PD you've been getting offended by people's opinions this whole thread. Every time we've ever played you say you're "rusty" as if you feel like you need to justify why you're losing. I see you on smashboards getting offended all time when people don't mention something positive about you in their opinions/lists. Here's my challenge to you:

If you really think you pwn everyone in A Tier make a list explaining how you do vs everyone, like I did. If it's actually true I doubt many people will argue with your list. I made the same type of list stating how I did vs a bunch of people and no one argued with mine.

You can make a list too greginator.
the only thing that im slightly angry about is that surris made 3 posts saying that im terrible lol, when i can count the times hes beaten me on my fingures...

Battlecow

Play to Win
I sure wish I had fingures. They're probably ideal for counting the number of times any given player's beaten you.

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
When I said popularity contest I meant players who are active/vocal/visible versus people who aren't around that much and thus don't have people voicing opinions on them.

Near²

Banned via Warnings
This topic would work if it was based on TOURNAMENT AND LADDER RESULTS. No bias there just your skill is the proving factor that you're BACKROOM material and not some faint memory of you beating X player 3 months ago.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Interesting how MattNF, Near, PD, and Greginator are all quick dismiss the viability of the tier list because they didn't get as many A Tier votes as some other people.

MattNF said the tier list was dumb on the 1st page, but then warmed up to the idea for the rest of the thread until he wasn't included in the 1st batch of A Tier inductees.

The tier list definitely seems to be a love/hate idea. And no doubt, if someone isn't immediately placed where they think should be they're quick to hate it.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Interesting how MattNF, Near, PD, and Greginator are all quick dismiss the viability of the tier list because they didn't get as many A Tier votes as some other people.

MattNF said the tier list was dumb on the 1st page, but then warmed up to the idea for the rest of the thread until he wasn't included in the 1st batch of A Tier inductees.

The tier list definitely seems to be a love/hate idea. And no doubt, if someone isn't immediately placed where they think should be they're quick to hate it.
You knew this would happen though, just respect their wishes to be removed then ignore them :)

I am lower then i should be but I'm not mad at all!

I'd rather deal with it and see true opinions then act as if this list is the ruler of competitive smash

MattNF

Smash Lord
Huh? Where did I "warm up" to it? I've been against it the whole time. Now you're just making things up.

Reasons I'm against:

-People are basing it on random friendlies in 5 frames on gaLAGxy
-People like greginator, s2j, or Darth Fox who are good but don't play online on servers as much get less votes, so this becomes a popularity contest
-The argument from earlier about skill with 1 character vs skill with all of them
-Too lazy to type more reasons.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
1 point you forgot

This is about opinions, so opinions do count as legitimate data...no matter where you get them from.

Time to stop sandbagging all the time then complaining about how people dont think your the ultra pro you used to be?

the people who dont play online very much (or at all...I have yet to see S2J [s2j even said to me him self he doesn't consider him self an online player]) dont really qualify for the "online tier"

Ballin said it before "the criteria for being a good player is winning"

Personally i take my info from tourneys, friendlies and competitive events.

The end result of this list will produce the "opinions" of the general public of smash64...which we all know means it isn't laid in stone, and it might not be 100% correct.

I just get kicks out of how high some people are as apposed to others, while completely knowing those ranks are WRONG as can be :p

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
sorry i'll edit his name out...i personally have not seen him online (and i do spend a lot of time looking).

but since he is new to return to online (he definitely was not active previously) you cant expect everyone to know where he is at

P D

Smash Ace

I’m not mad, I’m frustrated with the stupidity of this thread. The decisions haven’t been made, the only "opinion" voiced was surri's. And this tier list isn’t even suppose to be about opinions, its suppose to be about win/lose, A LOT more unbiased than simply someone’s opinion of someone. Another thing is this is only the views of very few people, heck 6 voters shouldn’t decide anything. And to say that not having any sort of popularity influence and bias is incredibility untrue.

and sheer, by saying that we are people who cant take being a low tier(your+surri's opinion), you are wrong and just adding wood to the fire of drama.

1 point you forgot

This is about opinions, so opinions do count as legitimate data...no matter where you get them from.
this is about w/l, not opinions. rest of this post is irrelevant

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
it is not directly about w/l. obviously if you beat everyone...most people will think you are really good

But generally people have to rate you (vs other players) based off how you did vs them (and others if they've seen you play) so opinion does get tied into this

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'm actually gonna say that while this thread had potential, it's not working out. Nothing personal against you, Sheer, and obviously it's not because I'm dissatisfied with my place on any lists, but for anything less than the very top, it really is all opinion/random friendlies, and that's kinda subjective, and it's pissing off a surprising number of people/causing a surprising number of people to complain about their position, rightly or wrongly.

P D

Smash Ace
S tier...IMO~
Boom
JaimeHR
Sensei
Frog

I wouldn't mind this thread if it actually works without bias...to bad that'll never happen :p
wtf I don't even play many people how the **** would I do that

plus isn't this supposed to be win/loss ratio? everyone would have a bad win/loss ratio against me. it would be different if i could say "player A beats my kirby more than player B"

I can't determine how often someone wins/loses against other people. I don't go around asking "hey frog did you lose to th3kuzinator today? what was the win/loss ratio?
it is not directly about w/l. obviously if you beat everyone...most people will think you are really good

But generally people have to rate you (vs other players) based off how you did vs them (and others if they've seen you play) so opinion does get tied into this
opinions add bias. numbers dont lie, words do.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Yes if this was a seeded ranking system for tourneys id say it's a failure.

But we started off looking for OPINIONS at least i think so...some people just cant handle that others dont think they are as good as they actually are.

enter my ranked tourneys and the ladder if you want w/l to determine the order

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Hey guys if you don't like this thread just stop posting in it. It's really not that big of a deal. Other people like posting about who is good and all that (I wouldn't really know personally because I don't play online often). Let them have their fun.

P D

Smash Ace
Yes if this was a seeded ranking system for tourneys id say it's a failure.

But we started off looking for OPINIONS at least i think so...some people just cant handle that others dont think they are as good as they actually are.

enter my ranked tourneys and the ladder if you want w/l to determine the order
who ever said anything about opinions also said that it was a friendly, how THEY do against other people. Not some serious official tier list that is impossible to do in ssb64.

mostly everyone wanted w/l to back it up, which would be the only way concivable to do an even close "offcial" list. but we dont even have any "offcial" numbers to back up the truthfullness of it all. so what we are trying to do here is impossible.

what i said a while back was to just have peoples opinions of how they did against others, and not have an offical tier list. becasue i enjoy seeing peoples opinions, but opinions dont work in an offical setting

P D

Smash Ace
I dont think there will ever be an "official" online tier list

to many variables
the first post looks pretty offical to me.

my idea about not having it at all was even way before we thought about discussing individual tiers and such. so im not saying this becasue i think that i got a bad spot on the tier list, im saying becasue this is stupid, and impossible at this current time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom