• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

North American ONLINE Player Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattNF

Smash Lord
I don't know how I'm putting words into your mouth when I say "sounds like". If I wanted to put words in your mouth I'd say "MattNF said" or "MattNF thinks".

Why don't you give us your opinion on A Tier people, MattNF?
You put good and beastly in quotes as if you were quoting me.

And I already posted my opinion a while back, I think.

Battlecow

Play to Win
You'd be better than his best (or whatever character he was using) but overall, taking all characters into consideration, I wouldn't say so.

I get what you mean though, and the way the tier list in this topic works. I'm just saying I disagree with it.
Well, I can deal with that, but I think there's a place for knowing who would win in a competitive setting, and that this is that place.

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
You saying I'm a camper? :laugh:

I'll show you camping next time we play ;)
no. i dont think ur fox is campy at all haha. i was just sayin that sheers fox is more aggresive, kinda like s2js. but if ur thinkin about being campy, i should be prepared and bring my sleeping bag and tent haha

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I'm asking what you mean by more aggressive. I feel like I am pretty aggressive in the sense that I usually don't just sit back and laser, I try to approach (with lasers).

Do you mean better pressure? Because I'd agree with that.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I know i maybe am jerking my chain but..

what do people think of me? (skill wise)

Am i A teir, B teir, etc.

also, do you think i'm better before or now? (you can put that in a different teir rank, i honestly think i'm better now.)

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
though I agree with MattNF that tier lists should be based off of who is better with more characters, it currently is not.

BCow is right in saying that someone who is kickass with alot of characters has more skill than someone who only uses one, however I would not classify the person who only uses one as "better" per say.

He has a playstyle that is more geared towards winning and, if ranked in any other place than a tier list, would be put lower IMO.

Tier lists are specifically about matchup percentages, so if his one character can outrank all of your others, he will be put at a higher spot.

High C tier

Battlecow

Play to Win

also, do you think i'm better before or now? (you can put that in a different teir rank, i honestly think i'm better now.)
Didn't you lose to Fynal in Brother Brawl?

mmm...

yeah, high C tier.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
if soupamario is high c tier then i have to be B tier because ive only lost to him 1 time out of like 30 (no exaggeration)

Battlecow

Play to Win
I used to think that you sucked major donkey ****, but then I realized that you were playing in like 7 frames that whole time... So you get a bit of leniency. I honestly don't know where to put you now.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
So It seems some people are starting to realise that this concept of a list has some flaws and its not the best of the ideas

Win/loss ratio only? Lol What about char tiers? what about counterpicks? what about stages? what about people not giving a **** about trying every singe friendly match just to improve the win/loss ratio?

Battlecow

Play to Win
Shush, Nix. We're working out a few kinks, but I think me n' NF n' Kuz are MOSTLY agreeing now that this particular list should work in X way. Maybe not NF so much, but it's not like he's opposed to the entire idea.

No one said it was perfect. It's still good to have. Fun fact: you're not the only one who think's he's underrated; just check out Surri's and Soup's last zillion posts.

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
Because keeping it simplified to win/lose ratio is a lot less convoluted than having to factor in say something like "lets see sheer uses a fox vs my luigi on dreamland, he wins at a 60-40 ratio, as opposed to my Mario beating his fox on hyrule..." yadda yadda....

NixxxoN

Smash Master
It's still good to have. Fun fact: you're not the only one who think's he's underrated; just check out Surri's and Soup's last zillion posts.
Im not saying its the worst thing ever, but... being innacurate and flawed, how is exactly good to have? You know that with this list the high/top tier mains who only play high/top tier mains will be even more rewarded? And the lower/bottom tier players and people who use most of characters at a decent/good level will be more underrated. Thats not good in my opinion...

#HBC | ѕoup

Battlecow said:
No one said it was perfect. It's still good to have. Fun fact: you're not the only one who think's he's underrated; just check out Surri's and Soup's last zillion posts.
I just think that the newer people (are you Kows btw?? :O) Haven't played me yet so there is no judgemental opnion.

if soupamario is high c tier then i have to be B tier because ive only lost to him 1 time out of like 30 (no exaggeration)
Exaggeration up the pooper. we played like 3 times, once when i just came back after 2 years, another time on random, the last time was when i beat you on a pseudo spike(by one stock) and you raged and said "lol i've got 30 wins on him"

you need to realize that i'm getting better, my rust is starting to fade, and i'm going to 5 stock you next time we meet.

Battlecow said:
Didn't you lose to Fynal in Brother Brawl?

mmm...

yeah, high C tier.
I seriously let fynal win(hes a bro),lolcakes.

ask him yourself.

Perhaps you should p2p me battlecow and find it out yourself. :O.

i'm not gonna just go on word, i'd actually like to play you(and others.)

[EGO]
Stats (ever since i came back):
Beat Peek~ with mario. (he error killed himself)
Got close to beating saske with mario 1 stock away from a win. :(
Almost beat YBOMBB's luigi, one stock away AGAIN.

and some other stuff.

And honestly, i play doubles like it's going out of style. there should be a doubles ranking also, i'm an excellent doubles player.

ANOTHER THING:
I could keep up with zen yore,PD,koro,fireblaster.. etc. back when i played.

I played almost every day with zen yore, don't remember the w/l ratio.
Played alot with PD, koro.. (once again)[/EGO]

Also, kuz, i have yet to play you 1v1; dubs can be different.

TL;DR

In general:

Old Supa(2006-2008): A teir
New Supa(2009-2010): B Mid-High teir. (I don't care if you put me in High C teir because i'll change your mind about that in a flash.)
Future Supa: S teir :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

But really, i seriously am improving. be warned

hurray for not a double post!
you guys should add a delete post option

The Star King

Smash Hero
are you Kows btw??
I'm pretty sure Kows was around before Battlecow's time, if they're the same person then holy ****. Thanks for reminding me about Kows though, because I played him like a week ago, and I think he's really underrated, like high B tier at least. It seems a lot of people don't know about him though.

Ask a mod to delete your posts (lol never seen a quadruple post before).

#HBC | ѕoup

He was a really, really old smasher.

EX-NBK Member. awesome guy in general.

I just took 3 in 3 and was like battlecow...battleKOWS.

stupid assumption perhaps but i digress.

DemonicInfluence

Smash Ace
Im not saying its the worst thing ever, but... being innacurate and flawed, how is exactly good to have? You know that with this list the high/top tier mains who only play high/top tier mains will be even more rewarded? And the lower/bottom tier players and people who use most of characters at a decent/good level will be more underrated. Thats not good in my opinion...

Then clearly, the people who play crappy characters shouldn't be ranked higher if they can't BEAT people of "equal skill " (ie same tier).

I fail to see the problem.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master

what do people think of me?
Gav BCow and I state our opinions.

I don't care if you put me in High C teir
you need to realize that i'm getting better, my rust is starting to fade, and i'm going to 5 stock you next time we meet.

I seriously let fynal win(hes a bro),lolcakes.

And honestly, i play doubles like it's going out of style. there should be a doubles ranking also, i'm an excellent doubles player.

Beat Peek~ with mario. (he error killed himself)
Got close to beating saske with mario 1 stock away from a win.
Almost beat YBOMBB's luigi, one stock away AGAIN.

I could keep up with zen yore,PD,koro,fireblaster.. etc. back when i played.

Old Supa(2006-2008): A teir
New Supa(2009-2010): B Mid-High teir. (I don't care if you put me in High C teir
because i'll change your mind about that in a flash.)
Future Supa: S teir :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

But really, i seriously am improving. be warned
You're right. Its obvious us ranking you in C-Tier did not affect you whatsoever.

Not trying to be mean, but that's the rank most of the community views you at now.

Prove us wrong.

#HBC | ѕoup

Actions speak louder then words.

and you're not being mean, you're stating your opnion of me. nothing wrong with that bro.

all i'm saying is that is how i view MYSELF.

i seriously let fynal win, he's a cool guy and it helps build CONFIDENCE.

what would you rather have, a guy who says "i can do it, i can be better, i will be better." or a guy who says "I can't , i'm high C teir, i'm pathetic and that's what people think of me, i'll never get good."

th3kuzinator said:
Prove us wrong.
Glady. You send the challenge, i will accept.
come at me bros.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Then clearly, the people who play crappy characters shouldn't be ranked higher if they can't BEAT people of "equal skill " (ie same tier).

I fail to see the problem.
if two players use the same tiers ok, but how do you compare properly a pika main vs a link main? its obvious the pika main has huge advantage and win/loss ratio dont tell the skill level properly

Battlecow

Play to Win
I don't mean to hate, Soup, but all I said was that you thought you were underrated. That big post pretty much screams "I THINK I'M UNDERRATED".I forget how it went when I played you on server... But I would remember if I had gotten creamed.

but yeah, p2p me some time. Change my mind. I'm open to change.

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
it's just a list who cares where you place on it lol

JUST TEXT ON A PAGE, ANOTHER TITLE U HAVE THE CHOICE OF APPLYING TO URSELF OR NOT

but hammerheart tier is still required.....

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if I like the idea of votes, as the community in general may not have played all the good people. I like more of a "panel of experts" approach.

I've started back up online and am winning/holding my own with a lot of A tier players. This I feel speaks the most about any kind of ranking. W-L percentage isn't as good because you could just be getting wins in advantageous matchups, against bad people, etc.

Also, based on some people I've played recently, we should think about adding these people to the list. I don't think they'd be A Tier but definitely in B:

Danny SSB (the fact that he plays at 9 frames should be taken into account)
Alpha - has a really good and creative Kirby
Near

Danny isn't North America, and I'm not sure about Alpha but they both play online so I thought I'd throw that out there

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Danny and Alpha are both not NA lol

and this will always be 50% popularity contest ...its the way smash64 does stuff :p

so vote or not, the opinions of people will come through and some how we will end up with Denken in A tier and Ecartman too (even though he has been dead to smash64 for years lol)

I'll end up low because of this as well...people can say what they want but untill it comes to Boom no one on that list really 3-4 stocks me ...the A tier i can usually go par with most of them...cept maybe 4-5 of them who can 2 stock me consistently ...but this will never improve my position on the tier list (even though thats what it's suppose to be all about xD)

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Not sure if I like the idea of votes, as the community in general may not have played all the good people. I like more of a "panel of experts" approach.

I've started back up online and am winning/holding my own with a lot of A tier players. This I feel speaks the most about any kind of ranking. W-L percentage isn't as good because you could just be getting wins in advantageous matchups, against bad people, etc.

Also, based on some people I've played recently, we should think about adding these people to the list. I don't think they'd be A Tier but definitely in B:

Danny SSB (the fact that he plays at 9 frames should be taken into account)
Alpha - has a really good and creative Kirby
Near

Danny isn't North America, and I'm not sure about Alpha but they both play online so I thought I'd throw that out there
this is the north american tier list.

near does not play enough anymore to be consistent and valid on the list.

If he were added, I would say high b

DemonicInfluence

Smash Ace
if two players use the same tiers ok, but how do you compare properly a pika main vs a link main? its obvious the pika main has huge advantage and win/loss ratio dont tell the skill level properly
Link main's fault for picking link. No johns

MattNF

Smash Lord
I hate that people are taking random friendlies on galaxy as proof that they're better than X player. Serious p2ps, console, or tournament battles are the best way to determine things (or 12 character battles!).

This is making me not want to go on galaxy anymore because some guy will be like "omg I 2 stocked NF's ness im better than him"

or at least I'll use a different name for now on

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
In that case i have yet to lose to Near or Korobeniki in any tourney matches :o (And yes i have meet them in tourneys...near at least twice, koro 2-3 times)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom