• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

North American ONLINE Player Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
So I looked through all of MattNF and PD's posts in this thread and they never even posted their own list. No tier list and no list explaining their results vs people.

All they've essentially done in this thread is complain. Whether about people being above them, tier lists being dumb, and multiple other things.

They've basically added nothing productice to this thread. Atleast greginator and near, who say they don't like the list now, have posted lists.

If you think the tier list is dumb stay out of the thread. People like MattNF and PD are why these tier lists don't work, they contribute nothing but complaints.

MattNF

Smash Lord
So I looked through all of MattNF and PD's posts in this thread and they never even posted their own list. No tier list and no list explaining their results vs people.

All they've essentially done in this thread is complain. Whether about people being above them, tier lists being dumb, and multiple other things.

They've basically added nothing productice to this thread. Atleast greginator and near, who say they don't like the list now, have posted lists.

If you think the tier list is dumb stay out of the thread. People like MattNF and PD are why these tier lists don't work, they contribute nothing but complaints.
I'm not posting a list because it would consist mostly of friendlies, which don't, and shouldn't count. If you wanted to earn even a tiny bit of credibility, then you would use tournament data, or better yet, have everyone who wants to be on this list play each other (preferably with 12CB, IMO) to see who's actually better and not just about random speculation.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
What if we wanted to make a list off speculation to see what the general opinion is?

Why is that such a "stupid" idea? Like i said many times. this list doesn't mean you cant win vs someone higher then you...it means people generally wouldn't expect you too

Wanna see whos better, we haz tourneys and ladders for that! Join them!

SheerMadness

Smash Master
There isn't nearly enough online ssb64 tourneys to make a tier list purely off them. And theres rarely an online tourney where all, or even most of the top players enter and are forced to play each other. So there's really not a hell of a lot to gather from tourney results.

And it isn't random speculation. I know everyone I've voiced my opinion about, I've played a lot over the last 6 months to a year. I'm assuming thats how everyone's list is. I don't know how you could rank someone if you've never played them.

Also theres absolutely nothing stopping anyone from playing another person in regards to this Tier list. If someone puts you lower than you think you are, challenge them, pwn them, and help them change their opinion. Be a man. I'll play ANYONE who wants to play me anytime.

MattNF

Smash Lord
There isn't nearly enough online ssb64 tourneys to make a tier list purely off them. And theres rarely an online tourney where all, or even most of the top players enter and are forced to play each other. So there's really not a hell of a lot to gather from tourney results.
So don't make a list then, because it's destined to fail from the start. Objective facts shouldn't be determined from subjective opinions.

Be a man. I'll play ANYONE who wants to play me anytime.
I won't play anyone in lag, 5+ frames delay, or people who are boring. deal with it

Also, this is relevant:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

People tend to ignore the times that they lose against someone, and remember the times that they win. This can add a huge bias to anyone's tier list.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Haha deal with it? Like I care if you prove yourself for the tier list. I'm fine with keeping you off it since you think it's dumb. You'd figure someone who thought the tier list was dumb wouldn't have been posting in here the entire thread like you have. Doesn't seem like your ego can handle ignoring it though.

Anyway I'd like to play you MattNF. It's always seemed like you avoid playing me. I think the last time I actually played you was under an alias like a year ago (charmander), doubt you would have played me otherwise.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Trolling because I told him I'd just keep him off the list since he thinks it's dumb? Or that I want to play him? How?

If he actually thought the tier list was dumb he'd stay out of the thread. But clearly his ego cares which forces him to keep posting/complaining in here.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Because you know questioning his ability compared to yours is going to get another negative, derailing post.
plus you questioned his "ego" which as true as it might or might not be...is only adding fuel to the fire

I (and i assume you too) would rather let this go, keep making this list...and have fun with it :)

MattNF

Smash Lord
Haha deal with it? Like I care if you prove yourself for the tier list. I'm fine with keeping you off it since you think it's dumb. You'd figure someone who thought the tier list was dumb wouldn't have been posting in here the entire thread like you have. Doesn't seem like your ego can handle ignoring it though.
hey man dont insult my ego

Anyway I'd like to play you MattNF. It's always seemed like you avoid playing me. I think the last time I actually played you was under an alias like a year ago (charmander), doubt you would have played me otherwise.
I've played you under aliases too ;)

P D

Smash Ace
If he actually thought the tier list was dumb he'd stay out of the thread. But clearly his ego cares which forces him to keep posting/complaining in here.
if you dont think we have significant points in our argument, you wouldnt be argueing back.

your argument has flaws

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
B tier imo...

TheKuzinator
Surri-Sama
ImNotPro
MarioReincarnate
Ybombb

Kuzi is kicking my *** these days so i cant ignore him any more (first day i came back he pwnd me, then a few days later i pwn him...now he > me :( )

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
yeah surri I gotta say I realllly underestimated you.

I got destroyed in fox dittos. it rly suprised me.

btier is something like (in no particular order)

surri
me
ybombb
imnotpro
legendary
zod
zhin
mario reincarnate
wotg

i think maybe denken could go in b, but hes a material IMO

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I think people under rate me because i mostly use pika in tourneys too

my Falcon, kirby and Link are alright in my opinion but i dont like losing in tourneys so i try to use my BEST all the time

Plus ima active mod who gives out infractions ...auto-hate activated!

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I dunno PD, all I see is bruised egos (yours and MattNF's) because you're not getting the votes/being placed where you want. I don't even know why you're so butthurt, only like 6-8 people got more A Tier votes than you. Like I said if you think you pwn all the people above you make your own list explaining how you do vs them. You still have yet to post anything productive in this thread.

We still haven't finished A Tier guys!! We still need opinions on these guys:

Firo
Peek
Star King
PD
Rawr/Marth
Kabal
MATTS

Which ones make A Tier? All of them/some of them? Should we just take PD off since he dislikes the Tier list so much?

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I want to personally play PD soon on p2p without him faking a name.

We could both go all out and I'll get some vids.

Thats if he wants to stay on the list at all anyways

Tech_EDGE

Smash Cadet
James Franco thinks that the "friendlies don't matter" argument is bull****!

Don't act like you don't try - you do. James Franco has played online for a long time and it's really obvious when someone is trying and when they aren't.

James Franco may not always be on the edge of his seat trying as hard as he possibly can, but he still tries when he plays - even when he picks stupid characters like Link.

DemonicInfluence

Smash Ace
I think for A tier, Rawr should be in definitely. Next imo is Kabal, since he owns me everytime :(

I find Star King and Peek pretty close in skill and stuff.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I think for A tier, Rawr should be in definitely. Next imo is Kabal, since he owns me everytime :(

I find Star King and Peek pretty close in skill and stuff.
kabal owns me when i dont play fox or falcon. When I do hes not that hard. He destroys jigglypuffs.

I honestly dont know where to put rawr.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Firo (Yes)
Peek (Dont know)
Star King (Dont know, but apparently yes)
PD (Dont know anymore)
Rawr/Marth (Yes)
Kabal (Arguably Yes)
MATTS (Yes)
The main problem when it comes to deciding the list is some of the prejudice coming from the thread. Like people refusing to vote MATTS! high... Every time I watch any sort of series of 1v1s featuring MATTS!, even against A-Tier players he wins the majority of the matches unless its paired with someone like JaimeHR(Which I still strongly disagree with Frogles and Sensei being in S-Tier).
Sheer even admitted himself that MATTS! gives him a harder time than most people being voted A-Tier. And that's not because hes a utilt spamming kirby, it's because hes a very good player =/
People have constantly stated that players like Fireblaster have gotten worse and shouldn't be A-Tier. Other players like MattNF have prevailed pretty high in a recent tournament so why isn't he being considered for A-tier?

Following the A-Tier I think there should be a split between B-Tier. High B and Low B.
High B being for players who have the potential to be A-Tier but are not consistent enough to be there yet. I'm making that proposal because besides Surri's recent videos, I've seen players like Near usually keep up with A-Tier players. Or like when I play a "serious" friendly match with some of the others being voted B-Tier like Legendary, Zhin, Saske, or Zod, they usually win like once or twice against me out of a series of (8 or more) matches(aka not winning enough to be considering it fully even).
I might give my list later on who I think should be High and Low B.

DemonicInfluence

Smash Ace
I haven't played MATTS! or seen him anytime recently, so I didn't vote for him.

kabal owns me when i dont play fox or falcon. When I do hes not that hard. He destroys jigglypuffs.
I think my lifetime record is like (1)-(x-1) or something like that :p where x is the number of games we've played

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Actually MATTS! is not a good player he is a hard to deal with player that if you play slow, defensive and campy, you can beat.

I have never lost to MATTS! in a best of 3 set. He knows this but if he is willing to admit it it...thats another story. (even though Fireblaster and BoomFan where there the last time me and MATTS!! had a set)

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Is this recent? Maybe you do better against MATTS! than a lot of other players do?

Honestly, whenever I see MATTS! vs A or B tier players, he wins the majority of the matches. =/
You're implying MATTS! is not a good player. This is where I have to call the bias.

Lol DemonicInfluence, MATTS! is on like everyday, how could you not see him? Especially with his constant trolling.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
The bias is saying hes not a good player, when I constantly see otherwise, even sheer admitting himself that MATTS! is good. How is he hyped? Who would bias in favor for that troll?

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Zeus, Trolls, people who think because he trolls and beats people with kirby means he is better then he actually is...that kinda stuff

Also, Sheer plays a Yoshi, it only makes sense that MATTS!! gives him a hard time

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Zeus, Trolls, people who think because he trolls and beats people with kirby means he is better then he actually is...that kinda stuff
i saw MATTS! play frogles on livestream last night and he won 2 out of the 3 that i saw including a 3 stock, so I think he is actually a pretty good player.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Lol seems to be the very opposite to me.

Yeah than if we want to strongly consider match-up advantages, than players like Kabal should be A-tier.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
I'm just saying that it doesn't make any sense that people would consider MATTS! a good player because he's a troll who beats people with Kirby. It more seems like they don't want MATTS! to be called a good player because hes a troll and uses kirby lol.

Yeah vidzzzz would be nice.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Generally yes, people who know better wont rate him high.

But you will get the trolls and fools who think because he has almost 80 vids on youtube of him beating random people like FireBlaster...that he is "pro"

I see these random comments like "omg how are you so good" and lol my self to sleep

If i gets vids can i haz A-Tier? :p

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
I'm talking about in game and livestream experience, not videos. We all know MATTS! only puts up the matches he wins lol.

Yep you can definitely have A-tier ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom