• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Just moving back to my old city early since there was a typhoon coming... now going to deal with other stuff soon...

Let me say this. If you like the emoji movie, your taste is worse than mine, and my bad taste is goddamn memetic
Understood, not gonna even watch that movie, I would rather watch Cars 3 instead in August (It comes to Taiwan in August by the way).
inb4 Resident Evil 4 Switch

Pretty much everything else is below expectations for Capcom though. Don't envy them at all.
I want unexpected Switch only Capcom titles...

I mean with Switch units and games selling so well. I can't stand of finding those old "Switch will fail" videos, some I don't care actually since they are talking nonsense, but some that were pretty recent (Only 2 to 3 months old)...

Watching these video now, just makes me taste that salt of theirs right now, actually no since some went quiet when it comes to Switch sales. Take Stonefoxmedia for example, I gotta say this, if you want to get unmisleading gaming news, then he is not a Youtube channel worth subscribing. Hell he even disable his like/dislike ratio for a while.
In this video he seems to don't understand how Japan gaming market is, it isn't rocket science to understand why Switch is selling so well in Japan whereas Xbox One is a dead system there.

And here are those "notable" Switch hate video I was talking about.
This one even set on private lol
His follow up video, well... still not so great. Even more terrible video in my opinion.

Look, I'm not trying to bash anyone who doesn't like Nintendo Switch, I just think that many of those concerns or issues can be subjective. Lat but not least, just seeing a Switch DEFECT COMPILATION video and easily regard Switch is having massive defects. You can say Switch is one of the victim of "Hive mind mentality"... and when it comes to negatives stuff, it can spread more easier.

LITERALLY
DUAL SQUELCHER
This weapon basically got me hooked fast, mostly because of the color, I don't recall any weapon that is red in Splatoon.

As for Splatfest...
Mayonnaise for the win!!!!

Hey @Cyndane @AlphaSSB and @powerprotoman I friend requested y'all

(On the switch btw)
I have already added you but don't really have time to play Splatoon 2 for now.
PM whenever you are going to have group battles or other things.
Just letting you know, you're one of the nicest people I've met on these forums.

Hope to see you back soon.
Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo , Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen , Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth , Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei , SegaNintendoUbisoft SegaNintendoUbisoft , Knight Dude Knight Dude , @Erureido, @Red Hunter Z, @Strider_Bond00J

Thank you all so very much for your kind words. It means the world to me for all of you to say that.

I'll rethink my stance but I still feel the need to take some time to get my mind right. It's been a rough summer. I'll still be active here because all of you in this thread I consider my friends but I can't be as active as I have been. I need time to get things straightened out IRL before I can be 100% on here. Your words do mean a great deal to me though and it absolutely helps make my days seem just a bit brighter. :)
Is it me or... why there was usually a huge debate war going on when I'm gone?

I don't have time or interest to check what's going on, so let's bygone be bygone.

I personally never enjoy debate and flame wars in forums... since it will easily get out of hand, situation like this is to do voice chat in my opinion. Talking to each other (Not really need to face to face) is more logical and easily get through some points. Just my two cents.
I don't get what Troyca is doing to RE:Creators, what reason was there to delay Ep16 to this week when it was just build up?
At least the ending had some cool stuff
View attachment 131827
Squad goals
Seriously, what is up with Charon, this is his first appearence since Ep12 and he just stands there... again.
And he isn't in the OP either, this is way too suspicious

6 episodes left... I don't think that's enough time to:
-Build conflict between Mecha Pilot!Asuna and Zombie in the Shadows there and resolve it
-Build conflict between Persona Bad Guy and Persona Good Guy and resolve it
-Actually explain why Persina Bad Guy is so focused on fighting Big Boss
-Whatever the hell Genocider Syo and Lancer Saber are up to
-Do something with Hentai Girl
-Sota's OC donut steel

Well, I can hope, I guess

The second left doesn't look too well lol
I was worrying the male peeking female cliche will happen when the crews are having hot spring bath... glad that didn't happen.
- Meteora though... trying to not be a pervert... but seeing Meteora being more exposed for the first time... I can say she is pretty hot... and totally hits me there...
- I never knew there was a kind of oolong tea mixed with wine... I have never seen that kind of wine/tea ever to this day...
- Yes, they have to do something with that hentai girl...

The picture does not seem to look as bad as the actual gameplay videos.

Or am I wrong?
Downgrade that we saw on games like Snake pass are only just minor details such as water refection and shadows. Of course they have to scale down the character polygons to some extent, game downgrades can be vary when comparing different games.
Let's just hope the downgrade won't be that bad...
Because MHA's dub started again today I decided to keep up now, and not only is Eric Vale doing a splendid performance for Handyman this episode, but the animators made him more creepy. Nice. Also, the Stain arc's just about wrapping up apparently in the Japanese dub, right? Here's a fun bit of trivia from the author!
The winged Nomu went after Deku for a reason. Deku and someone with wings didn't get along in season 1... Anyone remember?
One of them is he Bakugo's childhood friend... I have to guess that nomu got his quirk... or that is him unfortunately...
If you want to know more about how Stain becomes... well... Stain, go check the spinoff manga Boku no Hero Academia Illegals

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Holy crap I made a typo.

I meant to say that the video of Sonic Forces on Switch was much better than the picture.

Well that's what I get for posting while sleepy.

D

Deleted member

Because MHA's dub started again today I decided to keep up now, and not only is Eric Vale doing a splendid performance for Handyman this episode, but the animators made him more creepy. Nice. Also, the Stain arc's just about wrapping up apparently in the Japanese dub, right? Here's a fun bit of trivia from the author!
The winged Nomu went after Deku for a reason. Deku and someone with wings didn't get along in season 1... Anyone remember?
Stain Arc just finished in this last episode
It's... kind of anticlimatic, like, the fight and resolution were great but I felt like he was hyped so much to be dealt with in just some episodes.
Also, shouldn't Stain inherit One For All by ingesting Deku's blood or does it need to be sepcifically hair or something else to work?

And wings... uhm, I can't think of any unless... that rando kid from the first sce-- oh ****

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's... kind of anticlimatic, like, the fight and resolution were great but I felt like he was hyped so much to be dealt with in just some episodes.
Also, shouldn't Stain inherit One For All by ingesting Deku's blood or does it need to be sepcifically hair or something else to work?

And wings... uhm, I can't think of any unless... that rando kid from the first sce-- oh ****

Stain's motives and the fight were what made him popular, and from what I hear, he'll be back
They'll mention that next week if my calculations are correct. Alongside a great gag too
Eeeyup

D

Deleted member

Stain's motives and the fight were what made him popular, and from what I hear, he'll be back
They'll mention that next week if my calculations are correct. Alongside a great gag too
Eeeyup
He's dead tho
Unless we get some ressucitation Quirk, the guy is dead
And people stay dead when they are killed

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Oh wow. Knuckles not being a typical dumb **** about something. Boom knows what it's doing sometimes
...this is the best clip ever.
I need to seriously watch Sonic Boom. I'm for sure sold on it now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Punctured lung and fainting because of it isn't dead you nitwit
He was standing
Also, your own rib stabbing your lung isn't some small scratch
Then again, Deku has broken his arms and legs a bunch of time so maybe people don't die when they're killed in MHA

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon

Some of you may have already found out since someone announced it or already seen the video immediately after hearing it's announced but hey enjoy guys!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Nope, All Might later explain that One For All can only be obtain One For All if the inheritor is "willing" to give it to that person
He's dead tho
Unless we get some ressucitation Quirk, the guy is dead
And people stay dead when they are killed

Again... Stain is actually alive, this is really spoiler zone for those who didn't read the manga... proceed if you have already

Proceed if you read the manga...

After All for One was defeated by All Might and sent to prison, you will actually saw Stain totally fine and conscious.
On vol 11 ch 94

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Oh wow. Knuckles not being a typical dumb **** about something. Boom knows what it's doing sometimes

Also a Persona 5 anime is confirmed
That reminds me, I'm super behind on Sonic Boom.

Cool that a Persona 5 anime is coming out. Still need to finish the game myself before I fully watch it.

D

Deleted member

Anime characters can get unconscious while standing up. Did they say he died? No they didn't
The scene was framed so much in a way that he died that I assumed such.
Still, good, Stain is a really interesting villain and it'd be a shame to let him go to waste

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
DBS was hype af.

-Goku still can't fight his waifu Jiren
-Tien scores a KO with the help of Roshi's Thunderbolt
-18 legit saved Goku's butt
-Caulifla is becoming a true warrior
-Kale can control her transformations now
-....but the ship is sinkin'
-18 got tired of the Pride Troopers saying "Justice" too often and slapped their ****
-#PrayForGowasu
-18 and 17 teamed up to give negative ****s
-Pride Troopers became the Pride Jobbers
-Sailor Teletubbie incoming

MVP of the week: 18
As someone who is a #17 and #18 fanboy.Seeing them work together this episode was so cool.Like i gushing and i dont really gush when watching anime.Plus im proud of Kale actually getting development and becoming more than a broly clone.Now next week's episode looks really cool and action pack and it seems like most of episode of the universe 7 gets some time to shine. However bold prediction, either Tein or Piccolo is getting eliminated next from universe 7 and its gonna be from someone from universe 2

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Also a Persona 5 anime is confirmed
That was a really well thought out comment that addressed the topic with more respect than many big time productions.

Sonic Boom, you're an international treasure.

That said, no one voted on my poll. RIP

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The Castlevania show is alright.
I still think it would have been smarter to make that first season into a single movie. It would have flowed better. But I'm glad there's more to come. I do wonder how Grant's gonna look like.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I still need to see Castlevania on Netflix. I haven't been able to because of being at camp for 3 weeks, but now that it's done, hopefully I can see it anytime now.

Also, best Ruler has come to Fate/Grand Order. Now for America to wait a looooooooong time for him....:roll: At the very least, the Nero Fest is around to help with getting Ascension Mats.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So I started my file over on Fire Emblem Fates last week. My mom came into the room when she overheard Azura's song about the Oceans Gray Waves, and she first thought it was written by Randy Newman.

Very funny, Mom!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh hey a Super Mario Galaxy 2 mod that can apparently be played with legal copies on both Wii and Wii U.

Might try this out soon.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
PlayStation Hong Kong apparently did a livestream of Sonic Forces in order to promote the recently announced Chinese version of the game. The levels are the same as the E3 build of the game, but it looks like the graphics, specifically the lighting, have improved a bit, as well as Modern Sonic's animations.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Okay, is anyone else getting these weird pop-up ads for a free gift card because you're some one millionth or something visitor? This is the second time today one of them showed up on my iPad while viewing this site, and it's driving me crazy.

Seriously!!! Nobody thinks that **** is funny anymore!!!

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
A problem with the Switch is there's too many high-priced games. This one is possibly worth it, but then you have stuff like 1-2 Switch and the new Mario Tennis. Both are way overpriced. Brand name should not be an excuse. It should be the content overall. It's kind of annoying, because people can't afford to overpay for stuff that should be budget titles entirely. Like, Mario Tennis if anything should be pretty low for how bad it is. 1-2 Switch is not actually a bad game, so 30-40 seems more fair. Context, of course. This game might be pretty good, so 50 seems a bit more reasonable than 60. Due to tons of Rabbid overhatred, some sales would've been harder, so having a somewhat lower price makes some sense.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So when talking about my end game impressions of Breath of the Wild, I mentioned that I felt it was kinda disappointing how getting to Ganon is easy because you can pretty easily cheese your way to the top of Hyrule Castle with a combination of the Zora Armour and Revali's Gale. You don't really have to experience anything there in order to get to Ganon, it's just a straight shot there.

I have been exploring Hyrule Castle for fun though and I have to say, this is easily one of the best dungeons I have ever experienced in a Zelda game, maybe even gaming in general. It's jam packed with stuff to do and find, and unlike a lot of other secrets in the game, you find unique stuff here that you won't find elsewhere in the game. Music and atmosphere is also amazing here..

It's just a shame that you can skip all of it to get to Ganon. It would have been great if they forced you to have to do something in the castle first, like finding some giant eyeballs to take down to remove malice globs from the entrance to the Sanctum. That way you'd be encouraged to actually explore it regardless of how much progress you made in the rest of the game.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So when talking about my end game impressions of Breath of the Wild, I mentioned that I felt it was kinda disappointing how getting to Ganon is easy because you can pretty easily cheese your way to the top of Hyrule Castle with a combination of the Zora Armour and Revali's Gale. You don't really have to experience anything there in order to get to Ganon, it's just a straight shot there.

I have been exploring Hyrule Castle for fun though and I have to say, this is easily one of the best dungeons I have ever experienced in a Zelda game, maybe even gaming in general. It's jam packed with stuff to do and find, and unlike a lot of other secrets in the game, you find unique stuff here that you won't find elsewhere in the game. Music and atmosphere is also amazing here..

It's just a shame that you can skip all of it to get to Ganon. It would have been great if they forced you to have to do something in the castle first, like finding some giant eyeballs to take down to remove malice globs from the entrance to the Sanctum. That way you'd be encouraged to actually explore it regardless of how much progress you made in the rest of the game.
Whats the point of having an open world game if you cant skip everything and do what you want?

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

That's pretty much BotW in a nutshell....

Go directly to Ganon and beat the game....

or go for the full experience and explore and discover...

The incentive is there to explore even if the game doesn't force you to do it...and that's pretty much how the game was designed to be played overall...

D

Deleted member

Whats the point of having a open world game if you cant skip everything and do what you want?
That's not the point he was making, I still haven't tried to go into Hyrule Castle myself(haven't even done any of the four Divine Beasts quests actually) but it's how the Dungeon itself can just be skipped over completely, which is weird considering it's supposed to be the final level of the game and has a lot of stuff in it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
That's not the point he was making, I still haven't tried to go into Hyrule Castle myself(haven't even done any of the four Divine Beasts quests actually) but it's how the Dungeon itself can just be skipped over completely, which is weird considering it's supposed to be the final level of the game and has a lot of stuff in it.

Obobo still got a point.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So I started my file over on Fire Emblem Fates last week. My mom came into the room when she overheard Azura's song about the Oceans Gray Waves, and she first thought it was written by Randy Newman.

Very funny, Mom!
Wait a minute.

You have a fiancé and you're still living with your mother?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom