• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Wait a minute.

You have a fiancé and you're still living with your mother?
That was pretty low, Swampy.

Sure my wife and I live with my mom, but considering how its because we as a family have been going through hard times, you're really starting to get pretty rude about this whole thing.

Geez, I thought I knew you a little better than that.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Sure my wife and I live with my mom, but considering how its because we as a family have been going through hard times, you're really starting to get pretty rude about this whole thing.

It was not meant to offend. I'm just shocked. Most young couples wouldn't dare to try that. I know I wouldn't.

That said, if it's due to hard times that's fine.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

He didn't mean harm by it, as you can tell by Swamp's previous post.
Let's just calm down and take a breath so things can settle all the more quickly.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Whats the point of having an open world game if you cant skip everything and do what you want?
That's pretty much BotW in a nutshell....

Go directly to Ganon and beat the game....

or go for the full experience and explore and discover...

The incentive is there to explore even if the game doesn't force you to do it...and that's pretty much how the game was designed to be played overall...
An open world game should still have a sense of challenge and...well, actual level design.

Not saying BotW lacks these things because it doesn't. But I don't like the argument people use that just because it's an open world game, it shouldn't have any restraints on anything whatsoever. Open world means just that - it's a large world that you explore and it loads seamlessly, so you don't deal with immersion breaking loading screens for every area.

But that doesn't mean there can't be contextual restrictions on certain things. And BotW does this at many points. Divine Beasts, for example, can't be boarded before you do the quest to "calm" them. Attempt to do so, and you get blasted back by a force field. And even if you manage to glitch through said force field, there's a kill plane that automatically kills you if you land on the Divine Beasts before doing the quests you're supposed to. And then there of course is the fact you can't get off the Great Plateau without running some errands first (which also has a fail safe in place even if you use some very obvious methods that would otherwise allow you to get down safely without a para-sail, like rock launching with Stasis).

So it seems a bit odd to me that there is absolutely no challenge or contextual restrictions regarding actually getting to Ganon. I don't take issue with being able to go straight to Hyrule Castle, I take issue with the fact that Ganon's door is literally wide open. Like, the rest of the castle is full of enemies and malice that obstruct you from finding some secret areas and what not, but there is nothing of the sort where Ganon is himself. So I think they simply should have included something you had to do within Hyrule Castle itself before you could get to Ganon, to give players reason to explore what is arguably one of the most lovingly and intelligently crafted areas in the entire game.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
An open world game should still have a sense of challenge and...well, actual level design.

Not saying BotW lacks these things because it doesn't. But I don't like the argument people use that just because it's an open world game, it shouldn't have any restraints on anything whatsoever. Open world means just that - it's a large world that you explore and it loads seamlessly, so you don't deal with immersion breaking loading screens for every area.

But that doesn't mean there can't be contextual restrictions on certain things. And BotW does this at many points. Divine Beasts, for example, can't be boarded before you do the quest to "calm" them. Attempt to do so, and you get blasted back by a force field. And even if you manage to glitch through said force field, there's a kill plane that automatically kills you if you land on the Divine Beasts before doing the quests you're supposed to. And then there of course is the fact you can't get off the Great Plateau without running some errands first (which also has a fail safe in place even if you use some very obvious methods that would otherwise allow you to get down safely without a para-sail, like rock launching with Stasis).

So it seems a bit odd to me that there is absolutely no challenge or contextual restrictions regarding actually getting to Ganon. I don't take issue with being able to go straight to Hyrule Castle, I take issue with the fact that Ganon's door is literally wide open. Like, the rest of the castle is full of enemies and malice that obstruct you from finding some secret areas and what not, but there is nothing of the sort where Ganon is himself. So I think they simply should have included something you had to do within Hyrule Castle itself before you could get to Ganon, to give players reason to explore what is arguably one of the most lovingly and intelligently crafted areas in the entire game.
There's side quests that get you to explore the castle. Granted they are entirely optional.

The only reason I needed to explore the castle was my own curiosity and it looking cool, which basically describes why I explored everywhere else in the game. I didn't really feel a need to have to do anything before reaching Ganon, running past all the enemies was enough for me. But that's just me.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
>Check Netflix
>Doctor Strange on the first page
>Screams of excitement

Just finished Doctor Strange, enjoyable movie. Now I gotta wait for GotG 2 and Homecoming to get on there.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

Yeah, it does feel like a bit of a waste to have so much of Hyrule Castle be...well, optional. Maybe they could've had you search for three key shards or something to open the way to the inner sanctum?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Now hopefully there's 2 others so I can squad it up for the splatfest.
There's mario123007 mario123007 as well IIRC. You're imported a US copy, didn't you? You should be fine with us. That just leaves a fourth.

In other news, after a brief dip back into Go-Getter and some effort back into Overachiever, I am now a Profreshional! . . .And a little afraid to try it at that level, LOL. Good news is I don't think playing with you guys effected what score I had, so we should be fine for that.

D

Deleted member

>Check Netflix
>Doctor Strange on the first page
>Screams of excitement

Just finished Doctor Strange, enjoyable movie. Now I gotta wait for GotG 2 and Homecoming to get on there.
Great, I missed the chance to watch it on theathers so--
>Brazilian Netflix doesn't have it
Reasons like this are why I lost my Lawful Neutral aligment

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
@Shishœ
Best Seibah is getting a Figma.

62.jpg

Based on Fate/Extella

-------
Also, Moon is getting one for no reason; and apparently her official name is Mizuki after all.

90.jpg

Where the **** is Guzma?

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
There's mario123007 mario123007 as well IIRC. You're imported a US copy, didn't you? You should be fine with us. That just leaves a fourth.

In other news, after a brief dip back into Go-Getter and some effort back into Overachiever, I am now a Profreshional! . . .And a little afraid to try it at that level, LOL. Good news is I don't think playing with you guys effected what score I had, so we should be fine for that.
Imported!?

Sister I'm in Canada. We the same splatfest yo.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Imported!?

Sister I'm in Canada. We the same splatfest yo.
EVERY TIME I WORRY I'M NOT BEING CLEAR AND BRUSH IT OFF :urg:

*cough*

I switched who I was addressing too fast. I know we're good, but they're from Taiwan.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Listening to some multilingual Breath of the Wild cutscenes.

You have not heard true snobbishness until you've heard French Revali. Holy ****.

He even lets out that distinct "OH-HOOOO" sound at one point.

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH My Hero Academia IS ****ING AMAZING

Just watched episode 29 while working out (side note, still proud of still doing that lol).

So many cool things happened aghh I cant handle it

. . .why did I wait so long to get into this

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I've been watching the bike anime.

I almost forgot how fun sports anime are to watch.
I enjoy sport animes that are encouraging to watch, you may think it's obvious since almost every sport anime is about encouraging people and friendship all of that. Nevertheless, not all sport anime amuse me though.

Slam Dunk was probably the classic among many Taiwanese who were anime fans in the 90s.

I recently read the manga of the recent anime series "Made In Abyss", I saw a Youtuber who only watch the anime for now say that it is a anime with a very unique vibe that is chibi but also with a dark story adventure. Oh boy, after seeing the manga he is absolutely right, and if you think chibi dark is nothing, then you are wrong... in the manga due to the fact that it isn't that well quality compare to the anime. I can still feel that chill whenever some bad or tragic scene happens in the abyss.
The main character Riko's mother really reminds me of Gon's father Gin from Hunter X Hunter. She decided to become a white whistle at a very young age, a bit of a jerk and a drinker too.
Oh and did I mention that Reg shares the same Japanese voice actress as Killua's?
I mean me and most of those who only watch the anime get to know the curse of the abyss, where people will start to lose humanity one you reach the sixth or even the fifth layer... well... it a bit expected but also unexpected that it is literally "lose your humanity". Those who return from the sixth layer will suffer the curse and turn into on human like thing... which can be a pain.
There was also one par that I can truly called it as one of the top ten saddest anime deaths... I think.
That's right, I'm gonna check the Splatfest time schedule to see when is it on in my time zone.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So who here is on team mayo for the splatfest?
*raises hand*

Nothing against ketchup, but I just think mayonnaise goes better with whatever I'm eating on the few occasions where I'd need to use either.

I don't know if Splatfests are region-locked this time around, though, so I don't know if I'll be able to play with anyone on here for it.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only sports anime I saw/ manga I've read was Eyeshield 21 and I liked it

The other team always seemed so much better and the situations they were in always seemed so hopeless.

But they always ended up winning.

Kinda breaks immersion sometimes IMO. Just unbelievable in situations

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Imported!?
How is that a surprise?lol
Well, not all games I want in English need to be imported, Botw and 8 Deluxe all of English options I get that. But I did realized that Splatoon 2 is the first big Nintendo title that is not multi language.
Yeah, but technically I order it from a game store obviously. Back in the 3DS and Wii U days there weren't any retailers importing US copies since it couldn't be a business. With Switch being region free now you can go and ask if they are willing to import one, chances are they will, but you have to wait.

Mine is a UAE/ Singapore/ Malaysia/ Saudi Arabia official NA copy by the way.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ketchup is great with fries.

Mayo is great with nothing.

Mustard is great with everything.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Honestly I don't like Ketchup, Mustard, or Mayo that well

BBQ Sauce and Hot Sauce is where it's at

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
How is that a surprise?lol
Well, not all games I want in English need to be imported, Botw and 8 Deluxe all of English options I get that. But I did realized that Splatoon 2 is the first big Nintendo title that is not multi language.
Yeah, but technically I order it from a game store obviously. Back in the 3DS and Wii U days there weren't any retailers importing US copies since it couldn't be a business. With Switch being region free now you can go and ask if they are willing to import one, chances are they will, but you have to wait.

Mine is a UAE/ Singapore/ Malaysia/ Saudi Arabia official NA copy by the way.
I find it interesting that the Middle East and SE Asia share the same general shipments of copies. Huh.

Mayo is great with any sandwich that contains bacon.

Thanks to an experiment with a Junior Bacon Cheeseburger during it's de-vegetabling, I have also concluded mayo is good with fries, although I probably wouldn't just drench it on top of them. It's more of a complimentary flavor rather than the suffocation of ketchup.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I find it interesting that the Middle East and SE Asia share the same general shipments of copies. Huh.

Thanks to an experiment with a Junior Bacon Cheeseburger during it's de-vegetabling, I have also concluded mayo is good with fries, although I probably wouldn't just drench it on top of them. It's more of a complimentary flavor rather than the suffocation of ketchup.
I would not ruin bacon that way

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Honestly I don't like Ketchup, Mustard, or Mayo that well

BBQ Sauce and Hot Sauce is where it's at
Here's my own condiment ranking:

1. Chipotle Mayo sauce- Has a nice kick and goes great on cheeseburgers, or you could use it as french fry dipping sauce
2. BBQ sauce- A classic
3. Mustard- Goes well on a few things but not a favorite of mine
4. Hot sauce- can be good, but I have to be in the right mood
5. Ketchup- boring but practical
6. Mayo- will have on/with very few items

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

1) who ruins bacon with mayo
2) who takes the **** off of a damn burger?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently some sushi has mayo in it, but Japanese mayo is slightly different than American mayo which is probably why it doesn't bug me

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I have to tell the truth. Me picking ketchup is less about me hating Mayo to death and more me being excited to sling blood colored ink at other people in a bucket. But Instill hate mayo with a passion

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
the impression I'm getting with this Splatfest is less that there's a Ketchup vs. Mayo debate and more that people just have really strong feelings about mayo specifically

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
1) who ruins bacon with mayo
2) who takes the **** off of a damn burger?
1) The only time I tasted bacon that felt like it was ruined by condiments it was covered in ketchup
2) I made myself sad because I realized I eat like a child and due to being incapable of enjoying most food I lack the ability to find enjoyment in simple pleasures most take for granted

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have to tell the truth. Me picking ketchup is less about me hating Mayo to death and more me being excited to sling blood colored ink at other people in a bucket. But Instill hate mayo with a passion
Are you sure mayo colored wouldn't be more fun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom