• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
He probably didn't even see the brazzers thing.

Hopefully he doesn't get in trouble for that.
Honestly Bill is sort of like a legendary actress of Hollywood now.

He's kind of a Meryl Streep or Helen Mirren or Jamie Lee Curtis of Nintendo.

He can get away with whatever he wants and they're just like ''Oh, that's so Bill."

PhantomKite

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Genericsandwich
3DS FC
4425-2089-1228
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUDE!
Nice three hundred word easy holmes.

But for real, Happy Spirit Journey Formation Anniversary
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday, man! Have yourself a damn good one.
I didn't make it all the way through that wall of text, but I got the general idea and I appreciate it for existing.

Also Happy Birthday.

Thanks Guys! Especially you, @MF Viewtiful. That video really made me laugh. This forum has made me the happiest I've been in a long time! Thank you guys.
mother of god I havent been able to sleepfor three days
I saw that edit. You must really be sleepy.
I can't bealive Bill Trinen retweeted this.
If you captured that guy's face at that one moment then you could put any caption. Free ads.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Okay, after watching more and more gameplay I might legitimately be in love with Arms and already want all of the characters in Smash Switch.
I'm in this weird position where I don't think I'm in the market for the kind of fighting game Arms is right now but I'm legitimately enjoying watching people get excited about it. It's artstyle also isn't quite my kind of artstyle but still utterly fascinates me for some reason. And the music isn't the kind of music I normally pursue but I still perk up and listen with interest when it starts playing. Hearing how the rumble feature worked with it was cool, too, because I actually care about the rumble feature and that level of detail sounds awesome.

I've never seen a game that I don't consider to be quite for me hold my attention this thoroughly. If it keeps up, maybe it'll even change my mind on how much I think I'd get out of it, I have absolutely no idea. But for the time being it's awesome watching everyone else be excited about it.

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
I just noticed what 1, 2 Switch is.

It's someone making a WarioWare game and just forgetting to add Wario and the gang.

Honestly. Milking cows, eating sandwiches, all these weird little mini game things..

They're right up WarioWare alley. They just don't have any of the WarioWare flare or characters.
Honestly if it was a wario game I would have really played it ... The warioware games are my fave... speaking of the switch games Arms looks good really they are also very good games planned The switch is looking great <3

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah Arms has button controls.

Very nice. Very nice.

Optional motion controls are things that everyone can appreciate.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Okay. Snipperclips.

Also cute.

I'm finding more reasons to justify my purchase even if they were not the ones I thought they'd be.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Some people thought this was a JoJo reference lol.

KYM actually seems very positive about the presentation.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Someone should make a moveset for the paper shapes of Snipperclips.

Or at least let them be an assist trophy. I'm in love with them already as well.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Currently modding Sm4sh. Now I gotta wait like 6 hours for the dump to finish.
I know how this feel man.
I had to leave my computer for one entire day I think until the dump was finished.
Thank god I didn't have any problem with it afterward.:4ryu:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I'm guessing the mii fighters are going to be cut now with miiverse being gone and them not showing up in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe apparently.
Ho boy.
upload_2017-1-14_0-57-16.png
That little corner right there is probably reserved for the Miis. The reason I think its a question mark is because they dont have the Miis integrated into the system, or they just dont have any Miis created on the system yet. Also, Miiverse isnt that important to the Miis. Its just a social network that so happens to use the Miis to represent each user. Theyve lived pretty well without Miiverse. Also, the Miis are still being used as the face of your account in MyNintendo (Which you will need to sign up for Switch's online services may I add.) I also dont see how the Miis not making an appearance yet means that theyll be cut from Smash 4. Youre reaching for some straws that are way across the table. /triggered

Last edited:

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman

Or at least let them be an assist trophy. I'm in love with them already as well.
omg yes yes plz
I kind of want it to be the next Splatoon.

If it's fun that is.
Speaking of splatoon... the second one looks nice and since the game got a second one I feel the inklings got a better shot in smash now ^^

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I know how this feel man.
I had to leave my computer for one entire day I think until the dump was finished.
Thank god I didn't have any problem with it afterward.:4ryu:
Welp, about the time you posted this my computer decided to restart to install updates so...

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

Snipperclips would be a fun Assist Trophy. Id imagine 4 little paper characters popping out, running around the stage and cutting each other up. If anyone is touching one of the Snipperclips while they are cutting each other, they take damage.

Also, we need an Arms character for the next Smash, port or otherwise.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just caught a Modest Xurkitree.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Unbeknownst to anyone in the forum, Kite was about to say something completely unrelated to the Nintendo Switch buzz going around for a while.
"It's my birthday." They say completely in a neutral tone with absolutely no emotion in the delivery.
"Please stop doing that." says Kite to the narrator, who again, unbeknownst to the audience is actually the REAL Kite and the other one is actually a fake planted by the Orange corporation on a dark and stormy night.
The recently revealed fake Kite says "Boy, stop." in a confusingly comedic tone, unaware that the truth was revealed and that since 2 Kites cannot exist at once one disappears.
In a bright flash of wild rainbow light, the false Kite flashes...uh...until the Orange corporation arrives to take their test subject back to the lab where horrible and inhumane experiments are held on anyone who cannot fearfully run fast enough.
The 2 Orange Corporation Employees (or Slabcoats as most call them because of their usual gray attire) rode in on a indescribable being that was formless, all 4 states of matter at once, spoke in iambic pentameter, could use Flamethrower for some reason.
They caught the false Kite in a net made out of Impure Xyzzy, a material made from the gods that shone through any wall of Travis Touchdown clown clones that couldn't be called cool. The Slabcoat on the right of the narrator points directly at a inexplicably placed camera and says "Josh! What did I tell you about SONYtm Cameras?" the Slabcoat on the left responds "The *I am the one* is a SONYtm?" the Slab on the right pokes the camera only to discover it is a fake and looks like Wario now but not really because it was Jontron the whole time. "ARIN! I LOVE YOU!" The pure passion in his voice infects millions who heard it making them explode on contact with the soundwaves. All Jontron responded with was a simple "ech" as this now was the only word he could say as he lost his lungs 10927j0jso20 years ago in the battle of Denzel Curry where he lost his arm to a bat eating lung because he lost at a bottle flipping contest. Then in an ironic turn of events it is posted in the post of Posters that Jontron never loved AAron. Oops type- I MEAN I mispoke. Jontron never loved Arin Hanson but only wanted his gressy Youtube money and his lovely wife Dan Avadan. While underground, Cloud was practicing his neutral airs to one day destroy the planet Zragron with it's pure disjointed range. Cloud whispered to himself "Gen ki yo koy thu" constantly with increasing volume until his limit broke, this was because in his fight with Kite (the one from Hunter X Hunter not the one stated earlier by the narrator) Kite used his scythe to do a slicing strike that made his political beefs shift to the right. However, since Cloud did not eat beef at the time but now he does he hired SilvaGunner to ask Ice Cube, Ice T, and Snoop Dogg to fuse together to make a super smoker. But since J Wittz did not condone this action, clod. Barries. Afterwards, the night sky was red with fury because the Krusty Krab closes at 6 and It wanted to go to flavor town so bad so that Dio (from Bloo's alter ego not the really scary one from thaat one "chinease catoon") made a deal with him. If he agreed to be roasted by him, he would grant him some won wis my man. Dio flamed him so hard that the Shy Guy No Man's Sky caught fire from the pure shame. But instead of getting on wis my man, Dio instead gave it to Max form dat one Didny Channel show with the discount harry potters. Again as before the combined forces of captin falcon, planet, and the entire cast of movie Pulp Fiction even the camera krew, and the DK Krew fused with Super Numekians like Nails all took down TV in a climax of immnce proportions similar to how FLCL ended if anyone saw it and actually read this far. Wow, this is really long. Anyway, Tyler the Creator gave some MemberBerries to Kenan Thompson so he would feel better from his cold. It was legitimately a nice thing to do. Next a Tree punched the narrator in the face while they were driving to work. ****. While all of this was happening someone whas having an exstinatal crysis3 in the other ediotech on the wall Link or else i'll lose for glory.
It was grand. Dad.
Next time we'll know what happened to literally all of these characters. Coming year infinity.

But seriously, today's my Birthday.
Happy Birthday, Phantom Kite! Have a wonderful day! :D

Re: the topic of getting the Switch at launch - Given that it seems 1-2 Switch isn't bundled with it out of the box like Wii Sports or Nintendo Land were, and I'm relatively 'meh' about it, I don't really see myself getting it alongside the Switch just yet. Breath of the Wild, I can probably live with and see myself playing for quite some time while I wait for more of the games to trickle into the library. If there are other games on the Nintendo Eshop that coincide with the launch, yeah, I might put money towards them too to keep me entertained as well. If anything, there should be a small tech test of ARMS that should be distributed to see how people feel about it like the Global Splatoon Test at launch so we could get a more proper feeling of how the gameplay works. But that's just some thoughts.

I'm quite liking what I've seen of ARMS, and I hope that Nintendo will do what they can to give the new IP as much charm and depth they gave Splatoon.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Also, we need an Arms character for the next Smash, port or otherwise.

"This ARMS game is bad! The characters look weird! They shouldn't be in Smash!"

"Wow, this game is great. Let's have Spring Man get into Smash!"

Somehow, this is people's perspective changing about wanting a character from this recently announced game in a nutshell. :p

To be honest though, I would get kinda annoyed if a character like Spring Man were to take another highly deserving character's slot (this is far into the future and only if the game does well and such, however). Otherwise, I have nothing against him or the other characters, but I'd like to again wait and see how the game does.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Splatoon 2 has yellow Inklings now.

Now Inklings have 8 colors to use for Smash!

Edit: Never mind, I'm a dumb ass

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Splatoon 2 has yellow Inklings now.

Now Inklings have 8 colors to use for Smash!
Well, I guess since they removed Miiverse they were free to do that now, LOL.

I'm pretty sure there was a reason why it wasn't implemented before, although it's still more innocent than the end result of red or white Inklings would be.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The idea of white ink Inklings is the reason why Bowser uses Parental Control to block online features if Jr. plays Splatoon.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Just heard ARMS has traditional controls as well.

Thank GOD. Now I actually have some legitimate interest in the game, though I don't imagine I'll be picking it up for a long time, barring any discounts. There are just too many games and not enough monies. ;_;

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I will say.

The knowledge of traditional controls has bumped Arms from a MAYBE WANT to a PROBABLY WANT.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
The idea of white ink Inklings is the reason why Bowser uses Parental Control to block online features if Jr. plays Splatoon.
Nah, he's on board with em.

It takes a lot of white ink to make a suit this fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom